PDA

View Full Version : Augusta Green Jackets

IslandBrave
12-09-2020, 01:02 PM
New Low-A affiliate. Rome moving up to High-A. No more Fire Frogs

Southcack77
12-09-2020, 01:36 PM
That's a relatively new stadium on the South Carolina side of the Savannah River in North Augusta. Supposed to be a nice park.

I wasn't sure they would move them that far North. Now that I see they did, wish Columbia had beaten them out as that ownership group needs an affiliate as well.

CyYoung31
12-09-2020, 01:52 PM
Great name.

Bluedevilruss
12-09-2020, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, really excited. I live 15 minutes from SRP Park. It's really beautiful and the surrounding area is nice. I tried to go see the Rome Braves play there whenever they'd be in town at least once a year.

Will be happy to post any thoughts on prospects when we go to games next year.

Skeeter31
12-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Actually surprised to see the Fire Frogs not get a spot, considering they played at the new Spring Training hub.

Jaw
12-09-2020, 03:40 PM
I think Florida's summer monsoon season basically did the Fire Frogs in. I'm excited to see Rome moving up to High A. Now I just wish we could attend games there again.

Nerfherders
12-09-2020, 03:41 PM
I saw those Fire Frogs play in the spring of 2017. I even got the hat! Acuna, Riley, and Ajax all played in that game.

Krgrecw
12-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Damn. Was hoping columbia would get them.

Southcack77
12-09-2020, 08:22 PM
Damn. Was hoping columbia would get them.

Looks like we got the Royals.

Five
12-09-2020, 11:17 PM
Great name! Definitely getting some merch.

Krgrecw
12-09-2020, 11:50 PM
Looks like we got the Royals.

Yeah. Royals lucked out. They got a nice stadium

50PoundHead
12-10-2020, 07:46 AM
Will Rome be in the Carolina League?

Twins' fans are excited because the Twins are moving the AAA team to St. Paul, where Mike Veeck's independent league Saints have always been a big hit with the fans. He got a beautiful new stadium two or three years ago. Veeck has all kinds of promotions and the games are really a party where a baseball game breaks in for a bit. Curious to see if the Twins try to get him to tone it down.

clvclv
12-10-2020, 10:01 AM
Will Rome be in the Carolina League?

Twins' fans are excited because the Twins are moving the AAA team to St. Paul, where Mike Veeck's independent league Saints have always been a big hit with the fans. He got a beautiful new stadium two or three years ago. Veeck has all kinds of promotions and the games are really a party where a baseball game breaks in for a bit. Curious to see if the Twins try to get him to tone it down.

Haven't seen anything that mentions whether the league names/etc. will be following as teams change levels - will be interesting to see.

Have always been able to catch them when they come to Asheville when both teams were in the SALLY League. Guessing they'll continue playing each other since both jumped a level, but haven't seen anything (or heard locally) indicating that that's indeed what will happen. The Tourists are now a part of the Astros system instead of the Rockies.

IslandBrave
12-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Haven't seen anything that mentions whether the league names/etc. will be following as teams change levels - will be interesting to see.

Have always been able to catch them when they come to Asheville when both teams were in the SALLY League. Guessing they'll continue playing each other since both jumped a level, but haven't seen anything (or heard locally) indicating that that's indeed what will happen. The Tourists are now a part of the Astros system instead of the Rockies.

A couple of SALLY league teams moved up to A+. Asheville, Greensboro, Greenville. Probably going to have to be in a league with Brooklyn and Jersey Shore as well. Gonna be some long bus rides.

goldfly
12-11-2020, 04:47 AM
i'm gonna make a trip to see a game up there

well, i hope

we shall see how 2021 goes lol

the stadium looks nice