PDA

View Full Version : Gruden to Skins

DjGrizz
01-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Jay Gruden sillys

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 12:04 PM
That's a baffling move. But I guess RG3's style of play is more like Arena Football than real football anyway.

gilesfan
01-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Not my first choice, but the guy does know the game and is well respected. He was successful in getting Andy Dalton to be a respectable QB so he has that in his favor.

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Andy Dalton is a middling QB with one of the top WR talents in the NFL. Not saying that he will or won't suck as a head coach, some successful head coaches came from nowhere (Andy Reid being maybe the biggest) or coordinators who people had heavy concerns about turned into quality coaches (like Mike Smith)

gilesfan
01-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Andy Dalton is a middling QB with one of the top WR talents in the NFL. Not saying that he will or won't suck as a head coach, some successful head coaches came from nowhere (Andy Reid being maybe the biggest) or coordinators who people had heavy concerns about turned into quality coaches (like Mike Smith)

Yeah, he has a great WR. He's still an average QB with no run game. Tough to be too good offensively when you don't have a great QB or run game.

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah, he has a great WR. He's still an average QB with no run game. Tough to be too good offensively when you don't have a great QB or run game.

Their running game wasn't that bad. The Lawfirm obviously dropped off from his Pats day. Bernard looks to be a decent RB.

It's not like their running game was Falcons bad. But of course, no way is Dalton a similar level QB as Ryna, as you said, need a great QB to be good offensively with no run game :YDS:

thethe
01-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Wasn't Steven Jackson supposed to be a great signing?

gilesfan
01-09-2014, 01:47 PM

Thats what Zito told me. Man, I should go back and see what he said about Jackson vs. what I said.

thethe
01-09-2014, 01:54 PM
To be fair, I thought it was a solid signing as well but not to the level of insanity that Zito took it.

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Jackson was hurt for like half of the seaosn if not more. And the Falcons OL sucked. And he was a great signing. He made practically nothing, Falcons can even cut him and save on their cap if they really want to. 3/12 with only 4 million guaranteed is a fantastic contract. Falcons can cut him this year and save a few million on their cap. Compare that to say the Shonn Green 3/10 with 4.5 million guarantee. Hard to complain. Falcons got him on a bargain. if he sucks they can cut him. I don't think last year was the norm for him. Injuries and a terrible OL (not to mention playing from behind almost all of the time not leading to as many chances to build rhythm)