PDA

View Full Version : Mr Ck telling telling it like it is....

goldfly
01-09-2014, 02:41 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1506072_10153661720680532_1612633216_n.jpg

cajunrevenge
01-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Its more complicated than that. I started a business about 10 years ago moving mobile homes and selling repossessed mobile homes. I tried not hiring illegal immigrants but they do the same(usually better) for 60% of what I paid natural born citizens. I saved about 120 a day total. Very few people are willing to pay more to have the job done by legal citizens. There wasnt a shortage of people willing to do the job, just a shortage of people willing to do it for less than 100$ a day.

sturg33
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Its more complicated than that. I started a business about 10 years ago moving mobile homes and selling repossessed mobile homes. I tried not hiring illegal immigrants but they do the same(usually better) for 60% of what I paid natural born citizens. I saved about 120 a day total. Very few people are willing to pay more to have the job done by legal citizens. There wasnt a shortage of people willing to do the job, just a shortage of people willing to do it for less than 100$ a day.

Yay for minimum wage!

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Yeah I'm with sturg, let's not even pay people for work. Imagine how much better the world would be then.

cajunrevenge
01-09-2014, 05:56 PM
60$ for 9-10 hours of work was actually more than minimum wage at the time.

sturg33
01-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Yeah I'm with sturg, let's not even pay people for work. Imagine how much better the world would be then.

You can't have it both ways. You can't demand people get paid more and then bitch when someone else comes and is willing to do the same job for significantly less.

jpx7
01-09-2014, 07:49 PM
You can't demand people get paid more and then bitch when someone else comes and is willing to do the same job for significantly less.

Sure you can.

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 07:51 PM
You can't have it both ways. You can't demand people get paid more and then bitch when someone else comes and is willing to do the same job for significantly less.

When they're being paid illegally to do it of course you can. Of course I've never lost a job to an illegal, but I don't work in a job they'd steal. Speaking English is important in sales/customers service/whatever.

weso1
01-09-2014, 11:09 PM
I mean seriously? Some of you guys went on this sanctimonious trip about how republicans don't treat poor people with respect and then you guys post and thank this meme? I assume we'll hear a lecture any minute now about how crumpfly shouldn't promote memes of poor people being called ****s.

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 11:26 PM
What do you mean you people?

weso1
01-10-2014, 12:28 AM

Now if someone is willing to do that then I'm all for it. I guess some are actually.

ESP47
01-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Thought this was going to be a Colin Kaepernick thread. I'm out.

http://replygif.net/i/160.gif

goldfly
01-10-2014, 02:50 AM
I mean seriously? Some of you guys went on this sanctimonious trip about how republicans don't treat poor people with respect and then you guys post and thank this meme? I assume we'll hear a lecture any minute now about how crumpfly shouldn't promote memes of poor people being called ****s.

this has nothing to do with poor people or the treatment of them

it has to do with racists imo

Tapate50
01-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Mr Ck left out a few requirements for keeping\getting hired for a job : No criminal history, and a clean driving record.

sturg33
01-10-2014, 10:00 AM

Why would someone work for nothing?

jpx7
01-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Interesting that one person posted it, a second person "thanked" it, and no one else really said anything laudatory vis-à-vis the joke, but you conveniently jumped to the "you guys" angle.

For what it's worth – even though CK is a professional comedian, not a politician or policy-maker, and probably doesn't actually think poor people are equivalent to excrement if their jobs can be "stolen" by illegal immigrants (though he might: he is the world's unlikeliest Mexican (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_ck#Early_life_and_career)) – I do agree with you that a sentiment like this, authentically held, is troubling—and troubling in a manner similar to the poor-shaming some of us have decried.

The Chosen One
01-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Doesn't Mitt have Mexican Relatives? lol