PDA

View Full Version : IPAD hunting.

The Chosen One
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Before you tell me to get an Android Tablet Zito, I'm specifically looking to get an IPAD, because I plan on developing apps I haven't seen on the market yet, and I know Apple's demographic is probably more likely to pay for an app than Android. I can probably develop the app for Android afterwards.

So I'm torn on whether to get the new Ipad Air or Ipad Mini.

Krgrecw
01-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I'd go with the Air. I think, which has happened with everyone I know, once you go tablet it's a lot more convent than lugging around a lap top so you'll probably end up using it a lot.

What kind of app you thinking about developing?

From cnet:
What Are You Using It For?

This one's a no-brainer. The joys of lounging around with Netflix significantly decrease when you're spending your time squinting at a smaller screen. But if you're planning to use your new tablet as an on-the-go reader or a glorified email machine that with a beautiful body and a few extra skills, you don't need the same kind of screen.

So if you see yourself doing any decent amount of web-browsing, video-watching, or game-playing, and plan on using your 'pad as a glorified laptop that just moves around your home or apartment, and rarely leaves it, the iPad Air is probably more your speed. But if you're doing more word-readin', and want to do that on the go, the iPad mini might be a better bet. Or, you know, a Kindle or something.

zitothebrave
01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
I'd buy a used one off someone if it was me. Like for 350-400 you can get the last gen. And that's a lot of mustard