Heyward
03-15-2022, 05:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN6k7XqXIAkWP5Z?format=jpg&name=small

BP piece or rotation?

CJ9
03-15-2022, 05:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN6k7XqXIAkWP5Z?format=jpg&name=small

BP piece or rotation?

Has to be a bullpen piece. I’m intrigued. Nice to get another RH arm in there.

mqt
03-15-2022, 05:39 PM
A very solid BP option.

Heyward
03-15-2022, 05:41 PM
BP with Yates is pretty nasty man.

McHugh, Jackson, Yates from RH side, and Minter, Smith, Matzek from LH late in games Snit has options. I know we have others but those are the main guys.

Mad Dog Murph
03-15-2022, 05:45 PM
I don’t know about you guys, but I love that AA and his staff keep their mouths shut and quietly sign winners. No rumors, no hemming and hawing on social media just a press release…..bam

The Chosen One
03-15-2022, 05:48 PM
I don’t know about you guys, but I love that AA and his staff keep their mouths shut and quietly sign winners. No rumors, no hemming and hawing on social media just a press release…..bam

AA musta been pissed at FF and his agent for making him delay his offseason plans.

Now he's just making moves here left and right. No f---'s given.

The Chosen One
03-15-2022, 05:49 PM
BP with Yates is pretty nasty man.

McHugh, Jackson, Yates from RH side, and Minter, Smith, Matzek from LH late in games Snit has options. I know we have others but those are the main guys.

Smith is off the books too after this season. (well there's a team option which for his salary probably won't be picked up).

Bullpen gonna still be nasty next year too with Matzek closing.

By the way, our friend Chris Martin signed with the Cubs.

Hudson2
03-15-2022, 05:50 PM
Man can’t be unhappy with this. The bullpen is extended even longer now and gives Snit another option. Filthy

bravesnumberone
03-15-2022, 05:51 PM
Man can’t be unhappy with this. The bullpen is extended even longer now and gives Snit another option. Filthy

Can’t wait for our boy Enscheff to break down for us why Snit is using him in the wrong spot in the game.

McCann'sCans
03-15-2022, 05:54 PM
Still need to make a move for someone who can eat innings IMO. McHugh is obviously not that guy, although he could be an interesting swing guy to pair with someone like Muller/Davidson if that's the route we want to go.

The Chosen One
03-15-2022, 05:55 PM
Still need to make a move for someone who can eat innings IMO. McHugh is obviously not that guy, although he could be an interesting swing guy to pair with someone like Muller/Davidson if that's the route we want to go.

Perhaps we're going to be using an opener a lot more this season if AA can't get an innings eater for the price he wants.

McCann'sCans
03-15-2022, 05:57 PM
Perhaps we're going to be using an opener a lot more this season if AA can't get an innings eater for the price he wants.

Definitely wouldn't surprise me. I don't love watching it, but it worked reasonably well last year. I'd prefer to see us do some piggybacking- McHugh/Muller and Wright/Davidson- than a true opener, but you can never have enough effective arms and McHugh certainly is one.

thewupk
03-15-2022, 06:02 PM
https://i.redd.it/zq7ao1lwkmn81.png

zbhargrove
03-15-2022, 06:06 PM
Man McHugh has been excellent as a reliever/spot starter. This looks like another fantastic move.

chop2chip
03-15-2022, 06:08 PM
Assuming we have $10-15 million left to spend, I expect we should see either Joc or Rosario to be resigned this week with a cheap veteran starter to round out the rotation.

Good off-season.

PawPawMaxwell
03-15-2022, 06:09 PM

Wondering about that very thing.

UNCBlue012
03-15-2022, 06:10 PM
I’m guessing Matt Duffy and Rosario or Conforto.

zbhargrove
03-15-2022, 06:13 PM
I think Conforto or Rosario is the way to go in the OF. I love Soler but it would be nice having that extra lefty in the lineup. Conforto likely has the biggest upside

Heyward
03-15-2022, 06:27 PM
Bowman said preferably a LH hitter, cross out Soler? Rosario, Joc or Conforto it is.

zbhargrove
03-15-2022, 06:29 PM
Bowman said preferably a LH hitter, cross out Soler? Rosario, Joc or Conforto it is.

I only want Joc if he’s a spot starter/bench piece.

bravesnumberone
03-15-2022, 06:31 PM

Preferably a LHH who can play center. I don't see Duvall holding up there over the course of a season and would rather Ronnie not have to play there much coming off the injury. I would also like us to get Soler at the right price. We're going to need an extra OF with Ronnie out for a few weeks. I'd rather Heredia not be in the everyday lineup.

PawPawMaxwell
03-15-2022, 06:35 PM
I kinda like the Matt Duffy idea. Could always move Riley to LF in a pinch.

Heyward
03-15-2022, 06:36 PM
DOB said McHugh will be strictly a RP. Wonder what SP, that AA is targeting?

msstate7
03-15-2022, 06:43 PM
DOB said McHugh will be strictly a RP. Wonder what SP, that AA is targeting?

Grienke. I'm gonna keep calling it till I'm wrong

drewdat
03-15-2022, 06:51 PM
We found Bill

CJ9
03-15-2022, 07:09 PM
If it’s not Greinke, I don’t know who it would be. The rest of the free agent starter market is just so bad - and I’m not even remotely excited about Greinke. After what we gave up for Olson, I don’t think we can afford to give up a lot for a meaningful starter though.

zbhargrove
03-15-2022, 07:10 PM
Grienke. I'm gonna keep calling it till I'm wrong

Omg people. Greinke SUCKS now.

zbhargrove
03-15-2022, 07:11 PM
If it’s not Greinke, I don’t know who it would be. The rest of the free agent starter market is just so bad - and I’m not even remotely excited about Greinke. After what we gave up for Olson, I don’t think we can afford to give up a lot for a meaningful starter though.

I’d rather have Michael Pineda

Hudson2
03-15-2022, 07:12 PM
I’m gonna guess Greinke to unless he pull off a trade somehow. He’s an innings eater veteran #4 starter.

msstate7
03-15-2022, 07:18 PM
Omg people. Greinke SUCKS now.

171 ip last year with around a 4 era,

We need those IP

zbhargrove
03-15-2022, 07:23 PM
171 ip last year with around a 4 era,

We need those IP

Second half last year was bad and in the playoffs

Heyward
03-15-2022, 07:38 PM
Chris Archer, Cueto and Greinke are like the only ones out there. Honestly might be best to give our young guys a shot for the 4-5 slots.

ixiXSolidXixi
03-15-2022, 08:07 PM
I think Cueto or Greinke for fifth starter is solid specially with our bullpen. They need to give us five innings.

bravesnumberone
03-15-2022, 08:17 PM
Every year people say let the young guys battle it out for the back end, and almost every year we are hit by injuries and are scrambling to get those innings covered. Can never have enough pitching.

Hudson2
03-15-2022, 08:32 PM
Every year people say let the young guys battle it out for the back end, and almost every year we are hit by injuries and are scrambling to get those innings covered. Can never have enough pitching.

Yep. People say the 4/5 spots now but it’ll end up being 3 spots and we are in trouble if that happens. AA knows this and will get a veteran starter.

zbhargrove
03-15-2022, 09:59 PM
Chris Archer, Cueto and Greinke are like the only ones out there. Honestly might be best to give our young guys a shot for the 4-5 slots.

I would want Pineda over all of those

Carp
03-16-2022, 01:47 AM
I would want Pineda over all of those

We need an innings eater. Not someone who's gonna miss half the season.

UNCBlue012
03-16-2022, 04:20 AM
I think Cueto or Greinke for fifth starter is solid specially with our bullpen. They need to give us five innings.

I've been in on Cueto for a while. Clear injury concern but when he's on, he's a huge asset.

Also, and seriously, look out for Teheran.

The Chosen One
03-16-2022, 04:39 AM
I've been in on Cueto for a while. Clear injury concern but when he's on, he's a huge asset.

Also, and seriously, look out for Teheran.

Offer a million plus incentives to either one. See who takes it first.

jpx7
03-16-2022, 05:04 AM
Offer a million plus incentives to either one. See who takes it first.

That’s how you miss out on David Ortiz.

clvclv
03-16-2022, 08:25 AM

Michael Pineda.

clvclv
03-16-2022, 08:28 AM

Wouldn't mind Pineda for the right price - high-upside veteran that would allow Ynoa/Wright/Muller/Davidson/Strider to make plenty of starts to gain experience.

Conforto/Pineda would probably be better than Pederson/Greinke.

Russ2dollas
03-16-2022, 08:48 AM
Michael Pineda.

what about matt boyd? Has some injury issues and not an innings eater. Maybe you could get him on a kirby yates type low deal this year for more next year.

My thought would be you baby him and get him ready to be a stud in the playoffs. You could use some starts and/or innings from the Touki/Muller/Wright/Davidson/Ynoa/etc to baby him. I get going after an innings eater. I think you could sign an innings eater for 1 million. I'd be looking at an upside play. In the event we lose a starter I'd want someone who I think could at least get through a line up one time in a playoff game.

PawPawMaxwell
03-16-2022, 09:08 AM
IMO Boyd has lost all the glitter on his star.

zbhargrove
03-16-2022, 09:55 AM

I wasn’t considering Pineda an innings eater. We can get one of those too. Pineda will be cheap and still has upside