PDA

View Full Version : Plaschke Can’t Keep The Braves’ Name Out His ****ing Mouth

CyYoung31
04-09-2022, 08:08 PM

Hudson2
04-09-2022, 08:23 PM
I may be in the minority but I think the Dodgers are a worse team this year than last year. Seager and Freeman pretty much cancel each other out. Kershaw is a year older and they swapped Jansen for Kimbrel which is a down grade too.

CyYoung31
04-09-2022, 08:26 PM
I may be in the minority but I think the Dodgers are a worse team this year than last year. Seager and Freeman pretty much cancel each other out. Kershaw is a year older and they swapped Jansen for Kimbrel which is a down grade too.

I’m not sure Kimbrel for Jensen is a downgrade, last year’s numbers not withstanding.

They may have a worse team, but they’re still making the playoffs. And since it’s the worst team of their run, that means they’ll probably win it all.

msstate7
04-09-2022, 08:28 PM

Have to see what bellinger does. If he happens to find it again, they may be better

Heyward
04-09-2022, 08:37 PM

Jansen was better than Kimbrel last year, but they're still loaded. They get a full year of Trea Turner, and we'll see how Freeman does there in those big parks.

Hudson2
04-09-2022, 09:04 PM
Jansen was better than Kimbrel last year, but they're still loaded. They get a full year of Trea Turner, and we'll see how Freeman does there in those big parks.

They’re def still loaded I just don’t see all the Freeman hype out there like they’re the 27 Yankees when they lost Seager too.

Heyward
04-09-2022, 09:06 PM
They’re def still loaded I just don’t see all the Freeman hype out there like they’re the 27 Yankees when they lost Seager too.

Oh yeah, they're about the same as they usually are. SP depth is the biggest concern for them. Probably gonna add one at the deadline or try too.

thewupk
04-09-2022, 11:10 PM
Plaschke sucks but he's not wrong. I've been calling them this generation's Braves for awhile now. Too many parallels between those teams.

striker42
04-09-2022, 11:27 PM
Why do people listen to Plaschke? You get better commentary in the line for the Dodger stadium men's rooms.

CyYoung31
04-10-2022, 01:21 AM
Plaschke sucks but he's not wrong. I've been calling them this generation's Braves for awhile now. Too many parallels between those teams.

Yes. I’m pointing out his continual insults toward the Braves. And also, he’s hilariously wrong about no one remembering the Braves’ 14 straight division titles.

UNCBlue012
04-10-2022, 04:36 AM
Yes. I’m pointing out his continual insults toward the Braves. And also, he’s hilariously wrong about no one remembering the Braves’ 14 straight division titles.

He has a hard-on for the Braves, that's for sure.

chop2chip
04-10-2022, 10:01 AM

Exactly.

20 years from now more people will talk about the 90’s Braves than the 2010’s Giants. The Braves didn’t just win, they won with legendary players.

GovClintonTyree
04-10-2022, 10:37 PM
The Dodgers pitching is best represented by Clayton Kershaw - largely awesome, but old and fragile.

They were riding on the rims last year after some questionable deployments decisions; even Scherzer had a dead arm. And Scherzer's gone.

Enscheff
04-11-2022, 09:19 AM
This idea that the current Dodgers are anything but a model franchise and a dynasty is nonsense. They are the gold standard right now for sustained excellence, and the fact they didn’t win more small sample tournaments in October changes nothing.

CyYoung31
04-11-2022, 10:33 AM
This idea that the current Dodgers are anything but a model franchise and a dynasty is nonsense. They are the gold standard right now for sustained excellence, and the fact they didn’t win more small sample tournaments in October changes nothing.

Agreed. The same applies to the 90’s Braves.

Hulavol
04-11-2022, 11:50 AM
Agree with cheff and cy 100000%