PDA

View Full Version : Z, Is this right?

BedellBrave
01-26-2014, 01:38 PM
NJ (http://donsnotes.com/nyc-nj/nj-cultural-map.html)

http://donsnotes.com/nyc-nj/images/nj-cultural-map.jpg

zitothebrave
01-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Pretty much. Though they didn't get Princeton and its surrounding area quite right. But as someone who lived in both drunken Rutgers students and farm and army base. And having driven through executives living in their mansions, most of it is right at least from a generalization point of view

BedellBrave
01-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Is Princeton in that section they label, "Old People and Asians"?

zitothebrave
01-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Princeton is the lawyers driving hybrids. More accurate I think is only hippies and yuppies live there.

50PoundHead
01-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Got a chuckle out of this and I don't know much of anything about New Jersey except that I've flown into Newark once or twice on trips to NYC. Can't really do one of these about Minnesota. It's all pretty much shades of vanilla outside the Twin Cities, which are becoming amazingly diverse.

Tapate50
01-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Got a chuckle out of this and I don't know much of anything about New Jersey except that I've flown into Newark once or twice on trips to NYC. Can't really do one of these about Minnesota. It's all pretty much shades of vanilla outside the Twin Cities, which are becoming amazingly diverse.

For some reason, i have been hearing a lot about middle eastern concentrations in Illiniois and Minnesota. Any truth to that? Also, why Minn?

50PoundHead
01-27-2014, 10:50 PM
For some reason, i have been hearing a lot about middle eastern concentrations in Illiniois and Minnesota. Any truth to that? Also, why Minn?

Fairly large Somali population in Minneapolis/St. Paul and some of the mid-sized regional centers. Twin Cities area has been very active in refugee relocation efforts. Minneapolis now has a Somali member of the city council. There has been some recruiting of young Somali men from the Twin Cities to go back to Somalia to fight, but the local Somali leadership is trying to stem that. The FBI did shut down a group that was wiring money to terrorist operations a few years back.

It certainly hasn't been a seamless transition for Vanillaville, but things are moving in the right direction.