PDA

View Full Version : NSA/hypocrites

Krgrecw
01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
There's a guy here in SC running for a seat in the statehouse in the local elections. Every one of his posts is about the NSA and how the govt is invading our privacy
Now isn't it hypocritical to bash the NSA all day yet use smart media devices? Google knows more about any of us then the NSA does. Our cell phone carriers know more about us then the NSA does.

Is it not a hypocritical stance?
Or is it a false stance and really just an excuse to bitch about the gov't? If he's so worried about his privacy he shouldn't be on a smart device.

I

zitothebrave
01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
The difference is that you have the option to opt out of google, you can use a competitor of google, you can do many other things.

NSA is effectively a law enforcement agency. All law enforcement is bound by the 4th Amendment

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized"

NSA can spy with a warrant issued upon probable cause. Otherwise it's illegal. Google is a private industry that is allowed to do things within the confines of their search service.

goldfly
01-28-2014, 01:00 AM
in your mind i am sure you think it is hypocritical

i mean

you see fake yelp reviews as a first amendment issue

goldfly
01-28-2014, 01:13 AM
this post is 100% not talking ****

it would explain a lot actually

are you like 18-20 that has been raised in a conservative family that has gone to a private/religious high school that is now at a private/religious college?

ESP47
01-28-2014, 01:25 AM
this post is 100% not talking ****

it would explain a lot actually

are you like 18-20 that has been raised in a conservative family that has gone to a private/religious high school that is now at a private/religious college?

Do you drive a Prius?

goldfly
01-28-2014, 02:23 AM
Do you drive a Prius?

bmw

why?

sturg33
01-28-2014, 09:16 AM
There's a guy here in SC running for a seat in the statehouse in the local elections. Every one of his posts is about the NSA and how the govt is invading our privacy
Now isn't it hypocritical to bash the NSA all day yet use smart media devices? Google knows more about any of us then the NSA does. Our cell phone carriers know more about us then the NSA does.

Or is it a false stance and really just an excuse to bitch about the gov't? If he's so worried about his privacy he shouldn't be on a smart device.

I

If you can't see the difference on your own, there is no point in explaining it.

Keep defending the police state.

By the way, I think it is appalling that the government pays Google and Facebook and others for our personal info. It's also appalling that they comply. We are a police state here.

50PoundHead
01-28-2014, 10:27 AM

I

I've had the same thoughts. Like zito and sturg33 have both said, you can opt out of Google, but if you are on an internet or smart device, don't think for a minute that someone isn't somehow able to mine your data at least at a superficial level.

Krgrecw
01-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah 50, that's why I think it's all hypocritical.

And no one can fully opt out of google. That's how they make money