PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

sturg33
06-19-2022, 10:40 AM
A present father is the best predictor of success.

Oklahomahawk
06-19-2022, 11:14 AM
A present father is the best predictor of success.

This really isn't surprising to me, but do they take into account whether the child grew up in a single parent household (mother only) or a household with their mother and a step-parent?

Just curious.

sturg33
06-19-2022, 11:22 AM
I would assume it is only observing the biological father based on the graph

nsacpi
06-19-2022, 11:59 AM
Happy Father's Day everybody.

Some pearls of wisdom from some soccer players for a teammate due to become a dad soon.

Oklahomahawk
06-19-2022, 12:02 PM
I would assume it is only observing the biological father based on the graph

I'm sure you're probably right. These days so many studies are done just to prove or disprove one or two narrow points and life is usually not that simple.

I do totally agree with you though on what that one did say.

Tapate50
06-19-2022, 01:35 PM
Out here killing it in my New Balance 993s with a sharp little cargo short hitting just south of the knee.

Bringing that trash can down before all the other neighborhood dads.

On a serious note, spent this weekend at a baseball tournament for my son. Watching him create memories like that with his buddies is so filling. It’s a busy schedule and not one with much free time but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m blessed with more than I deserve.

Happy Father’s Day folks

nsacpi
06-19-2022, 01:54 PM
New Balance 993s

shoe game is important

i defected to Adidas a couple years ago after cycling through Asics, NB, Nike and Saucony in that order

the endorsement deal was too sweet to pass up

Oklahomahawk
06-19-2022, 02:01 PM
shoe game is important

i defected to Adidas a couple years ago after cycling through Asics, NB, Nike and Saucony in that order

the endorsement deal was too sweet to pass up

For anyone with plantar fasciitis I would highly recommend Hoka shoes. I've had great success with them.

nsacpi
06-19-2022, 02:34 PM
For anyone with plantar fasciitis I would highly recommend Hoka shoes. I've had great success with them.

Yeah. That's no fun. Had it during my Nike phase.

Tapate50
06-19-2022, 02:56 PM
I’m just kidding I wouldn’t be caught dead in dad shoes.

Hokas are certainly popular but decorum suggests I couldn’t dare walk outside in those

thethe
06-19-2022, 03:35 PM
Out here killing it in my New Balance 993s with a sharp little cargo short hitting just south of the knee.

Bringing that trash can down before all the other neighborhood dads.

On a serious note, spent this weekend at a baseball tournament for my son. Watching him create memories like that with his buddies is so filling. It’s a busy schedule and not one with much free time but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m blessed with more than I deserve.

Happy Father’s Day folks

Never knew how little I had until my little guy came into the world.

Oklahomahawk
06-19-2022, 10:53 PM
I’m just kidding I wouldn’t be caught dead in dad shoes.

Hokas are certainly popular but decorum suggests I couldn’t dare walk outside in those

What exact look are you going for? Just curious. I used to love my Sketchers "kinda sorta" dress shoes. Those were the first shoes I ever found that helped my plantar fasciitis, but shoes don't last forever so after those wore out I had to find something else. My foot doctor suggested Hokas and a couple of others but Hokas were the first ones I actually found (on Ebay) that were somewhat affordable. I'm on about my 8th or 9th different pair now.

Oklahomahawk
06-19-2022, 10:55 PM
Never knew how little I had until my little guy came into the world.

Enjoy them while they're little (as long as they're old enough to tell you where it hurts). Before you know it he'll be off to school and a life of his own before you know it and you can never get these years back, no matter how much you'd love to do so.