PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-A Giving Free Food to Stranded Motorists

sturg33
01-29-2014, 06:31 PM
This hateful bigots!!!

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/29/chick-fil-gives-free-food-to-motorists-stranded-in-southern-snowstorm/)

jpx7
01-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Charity and bigotry are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

drewdat
01-29-2014, 06:43 PM
"Coexist bumper sticker? Next."

sturg33
01-29-2014, 07:23 PM

Until there is evidence that they won't serve someone who is ***, they are not in the least bit bigoted

zitothebrave
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM

Yeah I have no clue what sturg is going for at the top.

zitothebrave
01-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Until there is evidence that they won't serve someone who is ***, they are not in the least bit bigoted

WTF? For real? Donating to causes that specifically lobby to turn ***s straight or fight *** marriage isn't bigoted? They stopped doing that for a reason

sturg33
01-29-2014, 07:44 PM
WTF? For real? Donating to causes that specifically lobby to turn ***s straight or fight *** marriage isn't bigoted? They stopped doing that for a reason

I went to chick-fil-a with my *** friend the other day. We were served with a hearty smile.

You'd think they would have kicked him out of the store.

The Chosen One
01-29-2014, 07:47 PM
I went to chick-fil-a with my *** friend the other day. We were served with a hearty smile.

You'd think they would have kicked him out of the store.

I think most people are aware it's the upper hierarchy that feels that way, as the chances of your cashier being under the age of 30 at Chick Fil A are pretty strong.

Also, how *** is your *** friend on the flamboyancy scale? I have a *** friend and you'd never know he was *** unless he told you he only was interested in guys.

gilesfan
01-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Chick fila is the best. Their culture destroys it's competition. Nice to see them doing these type of things

Tapate50
01-29-2014, 08:05 PM
How dare the founders have an opinion! Never mind all the good they do! Burn em at the stake!

Tapate50
01-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Chick fila is the best. Their culture destroys it's competition. Nice to see them doing these type of things

Pretty much spot on

CK86
01-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Chik-fil-a is delicious. That is all.

jpx7
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM

I don't think you understand the concept.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 12:10 PM
I don't think you understand the concept.

Help me understand... If you think someone who believes marriage should be between 1 man and 1 woman is automatically a bigot, then there's no point to discuss further with you.

They have a personal opinion. They do not discriminate against anybody in their business. That should be fine for everyone.

zitothebrave
01-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Help me understand... If you think someone who believes marriage should be between 1 man and 1 woman is automatically a bigot, then there's no point to discuss further with you.

They have a personal opinion. They do not discriminate against anybody in their business. That should be fine for everyone.

But it's not that simple. They are not just having an opinion but taking money from the company and donating it to anti-*** causes. This isn't simply the owner having an opinion, but the owner taking money from the company and giving it to anti-*** groups.

gilesfan
01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
But it's not that simple. They are not just having an opinion but taking money from the company and donating it to anti-*** causes. This isn't simply the owner having an opinion, but the owner taking money from the company and giving it to anti-*** groups.

Im sure there are poor people that are anti-*** that you want me to give more of my money too, right? Or is money out of my pocket just going to hard working, church going, angels?

zitothebrave
01-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Im sure there are poor people that are anti-*** that you want me to give more of my money too, right? Or is money out of my pocket just going to hard working, church going, angels?

What the **** are you talking out of your ass about this time?

jpx7
01-30-2014, 12:52 PM

Bigotry does not equate to, nor necessarily presuppose, discrimination. If person-a harbors ill-will, malice, or hatred towards a homosexual simply as a result of the homosexuality of person-b, person-a is still guilty of bigotry; good on person-a—and I mean this seriously—for not actively, much less criminally, discriminating against person-b, but that doesn't obviate person-a's prejudice, it just means its inactive.

zitothebrave
01-30-2014, 01:07 PM
JPX is fly like paper gets high like plane.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Bigotry does not equate to, nor necessarily presuppose, discrimination. If person-a harbors ill-will, malice, or hatred towards a homosexual simply as a result of the homosexuality of person-b, person-a is still guilty of bigotry; good on person-a—and I mean this seriously—for not actively, much less criminally, discriminating against person-b, but that doesn't obviate person-a's prejudice, it just means its inactive.

Could I make the same argument that person a is a bigot since he wants person b to pay more taxes, simply as a result of person b having more money?

zitothebrave
01-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Could I make the same argument that person a is a bigot since he wants person b to pay more taxes, simply as a result of person b having more money?

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/1000/1148_1253230725640.jpg

sturg33
01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Sorry - forgot that doesn't fit your narrative

jpx7
01-30-2014, 01:27 PM

If you feel that's a necessary and germane distinction to make, then sure. If you want to say that I'm guilty of a bigotry with respect to the very rich, then I won't deny it.

Those very rich are lucky, though: they've rigged a nice little system wherein I lack any real means to manifest that bigotry as active discrimination.

zitothebrave
01-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Sorry - forgot that doesn't fit your narrative

It doesn't fit any narrative. It's just a moronic statement.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 02:24 PM
It doesn't fit any narrative. It's just a moronic statement.

Why?

jpx just agreed himself

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Bottomline if you don't like their stance and what they do, then don't buy their food. Vote with your dollar not with your whining about their beliefs.

Just like Duck Dynasty, if you don't like their values, then don't watch their show. They seen a little decline but still a very strong show according to ratings.

zitothebrave
01-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Why?

jpx just agreed himself

He didn't agree. He was acquiescing more than anything else to prove your core point is dumb anyway.

A progressive tax has nothing to do with hating the rich, neither does a flat tax have to do with hating the poor. Stop being obtuse.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
And disagreeing with a lifestyle isn't hating the ***s

zitothebrave
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM
And disagreeing with a lifestyle isn't hating the ***s

Jeez you're dense. Ignoring campaigning against *** marriage which is a civil rights battle and bigotted (think of it like interracial marriage if you will)

Even ignoring that one of the charity they donated too

Exodus International Promotes “Ex-***” Therapy. Exodus International is a major promoter of “ex-***” therapy, the practice of trying to change a person’s sexual orientation from *** to straight. The organization refers to being LGBT as “perverse” and a form of “sexual brokenness.” [Truth Wins Out, accessed 6/27/12]

Is that not bigoted? Seriously?

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Bottomline if you don't like their stance and what they do, then don't buy their food. Vote with your dollar not with your whining about their beliefs.

Just like Duck Dynasty, if you don't like their values, then don't watch their show. They seen a little decline but still a very strong show according to ratings.

You are right about that, pretty much. I am not sure about the whining part, and I am not sure it is fair to say people were whining about their beliefs as much as about their practices (which is often separate in business). I am also not sure the right answer is ever to sit back and shut up, regardless of what side you are on. If you stand for something, stand for it--and face the consequences. There are, however, times when silence says far more than words. People just need to be sure it says what they want it to say. It never hurts to ask yourself (universal you, not you personally :) ) what your silence is saying about you. And it certainly goes both ways.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 03:47 PM
You are right about that, pretty much. I am not sure about the whining part, and I am not sure it is fair to say people were whining about their beliefs as much as about their practices (which is often separate in business). I am also not sure the right answer is ever to sit back and shut up, regardless of what side you are on. If you stand for something, stand for it--and face the consequences. There are, however, times when silence says far more than words. People just need to be sure it says what they want it to say. It never hurts to ask yourself (universal you, not you personally :) ) what your silence is saying about you. And it certainly goes both ways.

I see what you are saying and that is how I answer these "criticisms" of establishments who are within their rights to do what they want how they want within our laws. What bugs me is that people whine about their personal beliefs because it does not conform to theirs. Everyone knows me that I don't give a rats ass if I hurt your feelings or don't like my beliefs and that I should be a sheep like them and take up their mantle, f*ck that and them. They do not tell what I should believe in. If I don't like an institution or their stance or whatever, I am not going to cry, bitch and moan that they jilted me, f*ck them. I don't need them but they "NEED" me to believe and accept them. Ain't happening and never will happen. Keep pushing me, I will push back harder. I am not a damn robot but an individual with my own opinions and beliefs and I will never force anyone to believe or accept my views. It is mine and mine only.

This is why I get along with you. You NEVER try to change me or make me accept what your beliefs are and vice versa. This is why I respect you, some on here I don't. They want you to believe they are right and I am wrong. There are no right and wrongs, it is all about opinions and some people don't share them, plain and simple and they should leave it at that.

Another thing, every freaking human on this damn earth is a bigot in some shape or faction, it is in our DNA. No one and never will be anyone without it. Live with it, quit forcing people to agree with our opinions because all it does is piss people off more and that goes with Duck Dynasty/Chik Fil A antagonists. They ain't changing so deal with it and quit bitching and moaning about it.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Jeez you're dense. Ignoring campaigning against *** marriage which is a civil rights battle and bigotted (think of it like interracial marriage if you will)

Even ignoring that one of the charity they donated too

Exodus International Promotes “Ex-***” Therapy. Exodus International is a major promoter of “ex-***” therapy, the practice of trying to change a person’s sexual orientation from *** to straight. The organization refers to being LGBT as “perverse” and a form of “sexual brokenness.” [Truth Wins Out, accessed 6/27/12]

Is that not bigoted? Seriously?

u mad?

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 03:57 PM
There are no right and wrongs, it is all about opinions and some people don't share them, plain and simple and they should leave it at that.

Very true, I think, though again I feel one should allow room for a visceral response (both ways). And I personally draw the line when it comes to legislation. BECAUSE I feel like you said, that there are no true right and wrongs, I strongly oppose creating laws around what certain people feel is right or wrong.

And I also think you are right about your bigot comment. It is another reason why we should not allow our personal opinion of right and wrong to find its way into our legislation.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 04:01 PM
u mad?

I wouldn't say that.

I would say, who gives a f*ck, really. Their business, their opinions, don't like it, don't eat their food or promote their business. Vote with your pocket, not with "Oh noez, they are hurting my feelings and beliefs, I am going on the internet and vent, waaah!"

I should whine about the NAACP and their ways of not backing me and my rage against the machine, but I know what kind of schitty organization they are. If they aren't making money or headlines off/with you, you are just another n-bomb they will ignore.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 04:08 PM
I just wish that Chick-fil-a was getting the same type of press coverage for this good deed that they got from their founder's comments on *** marriage.

Oh well

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 04:12 PM
I just wish that Chick-fil-a was getting the same type of press coverage for this good deed that they got from their founder's comments on *** marriage.

Oh well

When does the positive ever get as much attention as the negative?

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 04:12 PM

Oh well

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Selective journalism. If you are not part of the Machine, to promote their opinions, you are nothing to them.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 04:15 PM
When does the positive ever get as much attention as the negative?

I suppose never. But I was always astounded at the national chick-fil-a "boycott" all because of a few comments that had nothing to do with the business...

It actually kind of amazes me how (for lack of a better word) dumb the left gets on political correctness. The right has their own issues. But I get particularly annoyed with the political correctness in this country, which is largely driven from the left

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I suppose never. But I was always astounded at the national chick-fil-a "boycott" all because of a few comments that had nothing to do with the business...

It actually kind of amazes me how (for lack of a better word) dumb the left gets on political correctness. The right has their own issues. But I get particularly annoyed with the political correctness in this country, which is largely driven from the left

Just like the hicks from the swamp, how did the boycott/suspension go? Basically it was laughed at. The left wanted to punish them so badly because of nonconformity and failed, which lead to a WTF moment.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 04:20 PM

It wasn't about comments. Come on...

But I agree about political correctness.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Just like the hicks from the swamp, how did the boycott/suspension go? Basically it was laughed at. The left wanted to punish them so badly because of nonconformity and failed, which lead to a WTF moment.

Not sure that is accurate. They lost something like 3 million viewers.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 04:24 PM
It wasn't about comments. Come on...

But I agree about political correctness.

Dalyn, the left will never agree to let both parties voice their opinions. It is their way or the highway and they will use any means necessary to stomp any opinion or belief you have that is not their own. At least those on the Right let you voice your opinion on top of trying to exploit you for your opinion. It is better for business for them :icwudt:. Stifling an opinion does not net you money.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Dalyn, the left will never agree to let both parties voice their opinions. It is their way or the highway and they will use any means necessary to stomp any opinion or belief you have that is not their own. At least those on the Right let you voice your opinion on top of trying to exploit you for your opinion. It is better for business for them :icwudt:. Stifling an opinion does not net you money.

I can't see the appeal of either side now that they've both decided to hunker in their respective far corners and fling **** at each other. And, in fairness to the left, the right has no room for those who disagree with them, either. If you are in the middle of the ring trying to fight the good fight, you are in the wrong arena (as far as both sides are concerned).

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Not sure that is accurate. They lost something like 3 million viewers.

Not many considering what they were pulling.

Like I said, GLAAD wanted them completely shut down and for A&E off the air. If they remain, it is win for those who share their opinions and the left have to respect people opinions.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 04:29 PM
I can't see the appeal of either side now that they've both decided to hunker in their respective far corners and fling **** at each other. And, in fairness to the left, the right has no room for those who disagree with them, either. If you are in the middle of the ring trying to fight the good fight, you are in the wrong arena (as far as both sides are concerned).

That is why I take shots at both sides. I think they both stink to high heaven, one exploits the other subjugates.

Krgrecw
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
That is why I take shots at both sides. I think they both stink to high heaven, one exploits the other subjugates.

Yeah but the right just disagrees with you. The left tries to kick you off tv, calls sponsors associated with you, calls you racists and bigots in public, vilifies you ever chance they get if you dare disagree with them

You're against *** marriage? You must hate homosexuals
You think Zimmerman is innocent? You must hate black people
The right doesn't go to that extreme

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 07:21 PM
krgrecw,

You are right. I can't find anything that the right have done to even come close to what you stated. Not even close.

The left love to label people and vilify is correct.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Both sides go to extremes on a regular basis. To claim otherwise is extreme.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Both sides go to extremes on a regular basis. To claim otherwise is extreme.

In public, in the news, can you find anything that the Right on TV done to try and put someone out of business because of their beliefs on the scale of the Hicks of Lousianna or a franchise like Chik Fil A?

Another thing, who has the Right vilify (President notwithstanding but he deserves it) that is national news. The Right only cares about the pocket books not sending out gestapos to vilify anyone. If it doesn't make a profit, they don't care.

No one watches Faux News or listen to them on the radio. That is the only place I can think of to exploit anything the left has done wrong.

Julio3000
01-30-2014, 08:28 PM
In public, in the news, can you find anything that the Right on TV done to try and put someone out of business because of their beliefs on the scale of the Hicks of Lousianna or a franchise like Chik Fil A?

Another thing, who has the Right vilify (President notwithstanding but he deserves it) that is national news. The Right only cares about the pocket books not sending out gestapos to vilify anyone. If it doesn't make a profit, they don't care.

No one watches Faux News or listen to them on the radio. That is the only place I can think of to exploit anything the left has done wrong.

I have no larger point to make, but you're just comically wrong here.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 08:36 PM

Yes.

For the last decade+, anyone not religious. Among many others. If it isn't national news, ask yourself WHY it isn't.

Since the right became the religious party, both sides have gone completely nuts. They hate and vilify anyone who disagrees with them. It is disgusting, and I find it hard to believe that you can't see that. It happens all the time.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:40 PM
I have no larger point to make, but you're just comically wrong here.

Prove it.

Who has the RIght on TV vilified for their beliefs outside of one of the worst presidents we ever had in hour history, especially in the lying and not fulfilling promises degree.

Who has the Right on TV told people not to watch this show or cancel it or not buy their food because of what they think is right, unlike the Left.

Proof or be quiet and say nothing.

I want proof.

Only those who worship the Left have a very hard time finding proof to dispel their deeds of forcing people to their wishes.

The Right doesn't care, they want more money more power. They will exploit that, but vilify, naah, no money in it.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Yes.

For the last decade+, anyone not religious. Among many others. If it isn't national news, ask yourself WHY it isn't.

Since the right became the religious party, both sides have gone completely nuts. They hate and vilify anyone who disagrees with them. It is disgusting, and I find it hard to believe that you can't see that. It happens all the time.

If you hate something, wouldn't you try to vilify them? If you hate something do you want to harm them?

Has the Right done that? Think about it.

Has the Left show their hate by trying to force a company to stop their business. Has the Left try to get a TV show cancel because they believe their way is the right way?

Think about it.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Prove it.

Who has the RIght on TV vilified for their beliefs outside of one of the worst presidents we ever had in hour history, especially in the lying and not fulfilling promises degree.

Who has the Right on TV told people not to watch this show or cancel it or not buy their food because of what they think is right, unlike the Left.

Proof or be quiet and say nothing.

I want proof.

Only those who worship the Left have a very hard time finding proof to dispel their deeds of forcing people to their wishes.

The Right doesn't care, they want more money more power. They will exploit that, but vilify, naah, no money in it.

There is money in getting elected and their religious base demands that they vilify "sinners" in order to get their vote and they do it on a regular basis.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I have a problem with the Left and it is big issue.

They do not respect peoples opinions. They want it to be their way or else and that else means they want to destroy you.

The right I have problems with as well. THey want to exploit you, make money off you the best way they can, but they will not try to destroy you.

yes, they have religious idiots, but they do not want to destroy you. They will point fingers at you, but do not want you to lose your job or your show over their beliefs.

You see there is a big difference. Left DESTROY YOU. Right POINT FINGERS AND SHAKE THEIR HEAD at you.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:45 PM
There is money in getting elected and their religious base demands that they vilify "sinners" in order to get their vote and they do it on a regular basis.

come on my brother that is weak. That happens on both sides.

GLAAD and Unions has been exploiting that for decades. They outnumber the religious nutjobs by scores.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 08:47 PM
I have a problem with the Left and it is big issue.

They do not respect peoples opinions. They want it to be their way or else and that else means they want to destroy you.

The right I have problems with as well. THey want to exploit you, make money off you the best way they can, but they will not try to destroy you.

yes, they have religious idiots, but they do not want to destroy you. They will point fingers at you, but do not want you to lose your job or your show over their beliefs.

You see there is a big difference. Left DESTROY YOU. Right POINT FINGERS AND SHAKE THEIR HEAD at you.

All I can say is that, for whatever reason, you have a blind spot in regards to the right.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:48 PM

Has anyone on hte Right tried to get a TV Show canceled.

Has anyone on the RIght tried to get a franchise shutdown.

Has anyone on the RIght try to shut down many business because of PETA, Global Warming or Gun manufacturers.

The Right has admitted trying to CHANGE Planned Parenthood policies but not shut it down. That is the worst I can think of.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 08:50 PM
come on my brother that is weak. That happens on both sides.

GLAAD and Unions has been exploiting that for decades. They outnumber the religious nutjobs by scores.

No. No, they don't. The religious in this country outnumber any other group, and it is not even close. And of course it happens on both sides, that is my point. You said they don't vilify because they are about profit, and I was just pointing out that for the last decade+ it has been extremely profitable to vilify anyone who is not religious--and Christian in particular.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:53 PM
All I can say is that, for whatever reason, you have a blind spot in regards to the right.

Like what?

Give me a bone or proof man. Sheesh.

There is none. I have yet to see the Right forcibly trying to cancel a TV show or shut down a resturant due to their beliefs.

If you can prove otherwise, I like to hear it.

Bottomline is, what the LEFT is doing is terrible. You should not force a business to close to take a show off the their because they are not your opinions. It is STUPID.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. Whining and bitching about it is the wrong way.

If the Right done the same thing, I will be saying the same thing, but they haven't thrown many bones that way.

THey feel my wrath in other areas, EXPLOITATION. I hate them because they ship jobs overseas. They axe jobs and give it to illegals so they can make more money. I laugh that the Republicans are against Amnesty but the conglomerates are making a killing off cheap labor. And I disagree with Sturg on no minimum wage, where its at is good enough so the middle class business won't go out of business, because if you put out there is no minimum wage, every illegal would have all of our jobs.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 08:53 PM

Has anyone on the RIght try to shut down many business because of PETA, Global Warming or Gun manufacturers.

The Right has admitted trying to CHANGE Planned Parenthood policies but not shut it down. That is the worst I can think of.

Yes.

Yes.

The equivalent, yes.

Not shut it down? They want to make abortion illegal. That would pretty much shut them all down.

drewdat
01-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I seem to recall Bill O'Reilly having beef with a rapper or three.

Supposed to be somewhat in jest, but then I Wiki'd:

On August 27, 2002, O'Reilly called for all Americans to boycott Pepsi products,[88] saying that Ludacris's lyrics glamorize a "life of guns, violence, drugs and disrespect of women."[89] The next day, O'Reilly reported that Pepsi had fired Ludacris.[88]

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:55 PM
No. No, they don't. The religious in this country outnumber any other group, and it is not even close. And of course it happens on both sides, that is my point. You said they don't vilify because they are about profit, and I was just pointing out that for the last decade+ it has been extremely profitable to vilify anyone who is not religious--and Christian in particular.\

But how? There is no tangible evidence of this that I know of in the news. Churches do not tell who to vote for. Heck the Catholic church I go to is 50/50 in the Obama crap. The religious side has to always side with anti abortion and ***s, but they are not going to force your business to close or not tell you to watch a TV program or eat at a restaurant.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Yes.

Yes.

The equivalent, yes.

Not shut it down? They want to make abortion illegal. That would pretty much shut them all down.

What show?

What franchise?

I need proof. Stories, links, nah, not links I can figure out if you give me the TV show and business.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 08:56 PM
I seem to recall Bill O'Reilly having beef with a rapper or three.

Supposed to be somewhat in jest, but then I Wiki'd:

Who?

drewdat
01-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Who?

Edited in, Ludacris. It's on O'Reilly's wiki page.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 08:59 PM
\

But how? There is no tangible evidence of this that I know of in the news. Churches do not tell who to vote for. Heck the Catholic church I go to is 50/50 in the Obama crap. The religious side has to always side with anti abortion and ***s, but they are not going to force your business to close or not tell you to watch a TV program or eat at a restaurant.

Many churches straight up tell people who to vote for. It happens every election. It is one of the many reasons they should have their tax-exempt status revoked.

If you think the right doesn't try to shut down businesses and tell you what to watch, you must've missed the life of Jerry Falwell. That's pretty much all that guy did (with the help of his huge right-wing following).

sturg33
01-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Many churches straight up tell people who to vote for. It happens every election. It is one of the many reasons they should have their tax-exempt status revoked.

If you think the right doesn't try to shut down businesses and tell you what to watch, you must've missed the life of Jerry Falwell. That's pretty much all that guy did (with the help of his huge right-wing following).

I think the point is not that the right have opinions. It's that the right doesn't try to shut down a show like Will and Grace.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:02 PM
O'Reilly is an idiot, but #4 on the Right side of the chart.

#1 Idiot - Rush
#2 Idiot - Hannity
#3 Idiot - that Blaze guy
#4 Idiot - O'Reilly

All of them are idiots and they hurt the RIght with their broken 8-Track nonending crap.

The Left radio people are no better, but the problem is, I don't know any and I don't watch Fox or MSNBC. I just know that people complain about these four the most and I am going about who they complain about more.

Since we do not have any of those in our area on radio that I can get in the office, I can't say much about them. This is when in Iowa when I listen to them on the radio before Obama was in office. THey made me hate Bush, well Cheney really.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Starbucks and General Mills comes to mind immediately, AA.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:05 PM

like unions. I get it. Our church didn't say who to vote for though. Maybe other churches. I know several in our church voted for Obama because he promise them things....which he didn't fulfill.

Falwell? That is all?

We are talking well known TV shows and big restaurant chains, no has been never will be.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:05 PM
I think the point is not that the right have opinions. It's that the right doesn't try to shut down a show like Will and Grace.

Did Eric McCormack or Debra Messing say something controversial? If so, I missed it.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Did Eric McCormack or Debra Messing say something controversial? If so, I missed it.

I think you understand my point. The show champions a *** couple. The right disagrees with it but doesn't **** themselves crying about it trying to get it pulled off the air

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Starbucks and General Mills comes to mind immediately, AA.

you are stretching.

They want to shut it down because of shutdown, not their opinions about g ays or ab ortion.

I want proof about their beliefs, not due to government shutdown.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:08 PM
like unions. I get it. Our church didn't say who to vote for though. Maybe other churches. I know several in our church voted for Obama because he promise them things....which he didn't fulfill.

Falwell? That is all?

We are talking well known TV shows and big restaurant chains, no has been never will be.

Clearly Falwell is not "all," but your assertion that it doesn't happen at all only requires one example to prove it inaccurate.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:09 PM
you are stretching.

They want to shut it down because of shutdown, not their opinions about g ays or ab ortion.

I want proof about their beliefs, not due to government shutdown.

The boycott of Starbucks and General Mills is headed by The National Organization for Marriage. That is ALL about their beliefs.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:10 PM
The boycott of Starbucks and General Mills is headed by The National Organization for Marriage. That is ALL about their beliefs.

not according to google. It is about the shutdown.

Tapate50
01-30-2014, 09:11 PM

That doesn't just happen for pubs. There is a HUGE democrat following in the southern church.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:11 PM
not according to google. It is about the shutdown.

Then I am afraid your Google-Fu is weak, my friend. :icon_biggrin:

drewdat
01-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Ellen DeGeneres coming out on Ellen caused some boycotts of Disney. Also Disney World's *** Day or something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Family_Association

Those guys have done their fair share of boycotting.

Disney was a popular target. Southern Baptists, SMH. http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/18/baptists.disney/

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:12 PM
That doesn't just happen for pubs. There is a HUGE democrat following in the southern church.

You are completely right. I am not claiming otherwise. Quite the opposite, as I have mentioned several times that it goes both ways.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Ellen DeGeneres coming out on Ellen caused some boycotts of Disney. Also Disney World's *** Day or something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Family_Association

Those guys have done their fair share of boycotting.

Also JCPenney.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:14 PM
Then I am afraid your Google-Fu is weak, my friend. :icon_biggrin:

Still not seeing it.

They are like a Class A club trying to get some sort of national exposure. Maybe the reason why I never heard of them.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Still not seeing it.

They are like a Class A club trying to get some sort of national exposure. Maybe the reason why I never heard of them.

Just look up Jonathan Baker quotes regarding General Mills and Starbucks. That should get you to the info.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Also JCPenney.

They want to shut JCPenny down?

This would have been on MSNBC and all the media outlets if that is the case.

Wait, who is JCPenny, the company that soon will be out of business because of their outrageous prices. They are like Kohls, they put a price then a discount, but all said and done the discount is the normal price at other stores.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:16 PM
They want to shut JCPenny down?

This would have been on MSNBC and all the media outlets if that is the case.

Wait, who is JCPenny, the company that soon will be out of business because of their outrageous prices. They are like Kohls, they put a price then a discount, but all said and done the discount is the normal price at other stores.

It was on the news. You must've missed it.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:17 PM
I believe "One Million Moms" headed that one.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:19 PM
"Since April, JC Penney's has not aired Ellen DeGeneres in one of their commercials until now. A new JCP ad features Ellen and three elves. JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets. We have contacted JC Penney's several times in the past with our concerns, and they will not listen. They have decided to ignore our complaints so we will avoid them at all costs."

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:20 PM
It was on the news. You must've missed it.

a footnote at the bottom bar of the TV.

I don't watch much TV, but if it was big news I would hear by other avenues.

As for Gen Mills and Starbucks, who was that company boycotting it?

Like I said, no where near as powerful as GLAAD, the Union or any other Leftist organization.

I want proof on something that would bring headlines like Hicks from the South and Chik Fil A, no 3rd rate Class A association that I never heard of.

Many 3rd and 4th class people boycott, hell, even peeps in this town would petition stores until the cops come because of something. my work did it with union people before I got here.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:22 PM
a footnote at the bottom bar of the TV.

I don't watch much TV, but if it was big news I would hear by other avenues.

As for Gen Mills and Starbucks, who was that company boycotting it?

Like I said, no where near as powerful as GLAAD, the Union or any other Leftist organization.

I want proof on something that would bring headlines like Hicks from the South and Chik Fil A, no 3rd rate Class A association that I never heard of.

Many 3rd and 4th class people boycott, hell, even peeps in this town would petition stores until the cops come because of something. my work did it with union people before I got here.

As I figured, your blind spot will not allow several examples to prove my point. If you can't see that it clearly happens both ways by now, you never will.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:23 PM
"Since April, JC Penney's has not aired Ellen DeGeneres in one of their commercials until now. A new JCP ad features Ellen and three elves. JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets. We have contacted JC Penney's several times in the past with our concerns, and they will not listen. They have decided to ignore our complaints so we will avoid them at all costs."

Good for them. They did what they should have done. Think about it. Think clearly.

What did I say at the premise, use your money if you don't like something, but do not call out the franchise on TV to force it closure like what GLAAD did or ask for the cancellation of a TV show.

It shows that the Right do it the right way.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:25 PM
As I figured, your blind spot will not allow several examples to prove my point. If you can't see that it clearly happens both ways by now, you never will.

What point? The Right does it, but with 3rd rate organizations. I have not denied that.

But you prove my point as well. The Right organizations use their pocketbook, not the media to FORCE a TV show to cancel, to FORCE a business to close. They are saying, I don't like what you are doing so i am not going there.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:26 PM

one way asking for the patrons to not visit the store

other way, I want them closed down for good.

I don't think they are equal.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Here are a quick TWENTY-FIVE companies targeted by right-wing boycotts:

Oreo
Betty Crocker
Levi's
Cheerios
American Apparel
Disney World
Starbucks
Wheaties
Tide Detergent
Microsoft
Home Depot
Pampers
Pepsi
Safeway
Crest
Old Navy
Girl Scouts
Macy's
Target
J.C. Penney
Pillsbury
Walgreen's
Ford
Gap
Green Giant

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Here are a quick TWENTY-FIVE companies targeted by right-wing boycotts:

Oreo
Betty Crocker
Levi's
Cheerios
American Apparel
Disney World
Starbucks
Wheaties
Tide Detergent
Microsoft
Home Depot
Pampers
Pepsi
Safeway
Crest
Old Navy
Girl Scouts
Macy's
Target
J.C. Penney
Pillsbury
Walgreen's
Ford
Gap
Green Giant

BOYCOTTS

not closure

Big difference.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:29 PM
BOYCOTTS

not closure

Big difference.

:happy0157:

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:32 PM
You don't get it my friend.

My hatred for the Right is deep, but I can't for the life of me give the Left anything when they want to force you out of business altogether because you don't accept their thinking.

The idiots on the Right are religious, but they will thumb their noses at you and won't do anything with you but look down on you and say "Pity on you" and then go on the merry way.

The Left will want you humbled or destroyed. Obama is like that as well, "My way or else approach" and people think he is better than Clinton. OMFG!!!

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Good for them. They did what they should have done. Think about it. Think clearly.

What did I say at the premise, use your money if you don't like something, but do not call out the franchise on TV to force it closure like what GLAAD did or ask for the cancellation of a TV show.

It shows that the Right do it the right way.

It is the exact same thing the left did with Chic-fil-A.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:34 PM
The idiots on the Right are religious, but they will thumb their noses at you and won't do anything with you but look down on you and say "Pity on you" and then go on the merry way.

You CLEARLY have not been targeted by the religious right. I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong on this one. I know from personal experience.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:37 PM
I mean, on the J.C. Penney one alone, they were calling for Ellen to be fired.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:38 PM
It is the exact same thing the left did with Chic-fil-A.

Yes, but the difference, wait for it, drum vroll please.......they made it a NATIONAL spectacle and LEFTIST media ate it up.

Now what about the Hicks from Louisiana?

Hmmmm? Force a show off the air? I can understand the left trying to get Rush off the air, that would be a good thing, or Hannity or that Blaze guy or O'Reilly, but who listens to them?

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Yes, but the difference, wait for it, drum vroll please.......they made it a NATIONAL spectacle and LEFTIST media ate it up.

Now what about the Hicks from Louisiana?

Hmmmm? Force a show off the air? I can understand the left trying to get Rush off the air, that would be a good thing, or Hannity or that Blaze guy or O'Reilly, but who listens to them?

Plenty of people, unfortunately. And the nature of a boycott is to run a company out of business if they do not cave to demands. That's the whole point.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:40 PM
You CLEARLY have not been targeted by the religious right. I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong on this one. I know from personal experience.

You I can understand. They will target you because of your non-beliefs, I haven't and won't, but I remembered what 8, 9, 10 years ago we fought, but over the years I come to respect you and your views and opinions and I love the spat we are having now. I respect you and would never disrespect you, ever, because I know you would do the same to me.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Plenty of people, unfortunately. And the nature of a boycott is to run a company out of business if they do not cave to demands. That's the whole point.

True, but the Right seem to say "Hey, we don't like that" and that is the end of it. No media spectacles or anything like that. That is why I say "Pity on you" and go on their merry way.

The Left doesn't do it. They are like a pitbull on a raw piece of an intruder ass in a house they broken in, they will bite your ass and won't let go until they get their way.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:46 PM
You I can understand. They will target you because of your non-beliefs, I haven't and won't, but I remembered what 8, 9, 10 years ago we fought, but over the years I come to respect you and your views and opinions and I love the spat we are having now. I respect you and would never disrespect you, ever, because I know you would do the same to me.

Well, there are many like me who are vilified by the religious right on a daily basis. If we are unfortunate enough to live in the bible belt, it can cost us jobs, friends, homes, and any real chance at the pursuit of happiness. And, unlike myself, some are in such unfortunate circumstances that they cannot afford to simply move away.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:48 PM
I mean, President Bush straight up said that atheists shouldn't be regarding as citizens. Think about that.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Well, there are many like me who are vilified by the religious right on a daily basis. If we are unfortunate enough to live in the bible belt, it can cost us jobs, friends, homes, and any real chance at the pursuit of happiness. And, unlike myself, some are in such unfortunate circumstances that they cannot afford to simply move away.

True, I just wish people will take peoples opinion and beliefs like a grain of salt, no one is going to be like you, think like you, or agree with everything.

The Right is horrible at it and the Left is really horrible about it. Wait, before you say why I said that, again the Right will let you know they don't like it, but the Left will try to MAKE you feel the way they do. Look at television and the browbeating they do. You must accept g ays, you must accept a bortion, you must accept illegals. YOU YOU YOU MUST MUST MUST ACCEPT.

What if I don't?

I accept you for your beliefs, your way of life, your way of thinking. Do I agree with it all, no, but that is up to you and whomever and whatever you believe in. I will not FORCE you to think differently or force you to thinking otherwise because you is being you and you are no different than anyone else on this planet to me.

That is what makes me better than most people and that is what make you better than most people, you accept people who they are and you won't try to change them. You have your bigotry and I have mine, but we won't use it to force people to our opinions. A lot of people on this board think otherwise and I think they are beneath me in that regard. Yes they say I ga y bash and what not, but they don't understand I accept the way they are, but I do not agree with their lifestyle. They hate me because I think this way, but I do not hate them for thinking of me that way, that is what separate you and I from others, we can accept but not agree with. Bedell and Okie is like that as well.

I only hate one person in this world and he is Bush's puppet master Dick and I mean DICKEST OF DICKS Cheney.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 09:57 PM
The Right is horrible at it and the Left is really horrible about it. Wait, before you say why I said that, again the Right will let you know they don't like it, but the Left will try to MAKE you feel the way they do. Look at television and the browbeating they do. You must accept g ays, you must accept a bortion, you must accept illegals. YOU YOU YOU MUST MUST MUST ACCEPT.

That's how you feel because you don't agree with the left on those issues. People who don't agree with the right on those issues feel just as pressured.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 09:58 PM
I mean, President Bush straight up said that atheists shouldn't be regarding as citizens. Think about that.

I don't like Bush and hate Cheney, but what he said is abominable.

Your beliefs, your opinion and they shouldn't be bashed. No one should see you as 2nd class nor anyone should force you to believe. People do not have to agree with you, but they must respect your opinions and beliefs.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 10:02 PM
That's how you feel because you don't agree with the left on those issues. People who don't agree with the right on those issues feel just as pressured.

how? Does the right make a spectacle about it?

Think man. The Right has always thumb their noses at the Left about g ays and abortion. But they do not get on a podium to declare it.

But if their is an instance of the Right establishment saying anyting about it, it is NATIONAL news. WHy?

Because the LEFT Want you to ACCEPT + AGREE to like their agenda/opinion.

People like me will accept but will not agree with it and they don't like it. The Right doesn't do that to my knowledge unless you know someone on this board that does. I know for a fact Bedell and Okie doesn't. Even other Right leaning people will accept g ays and what not, but they don't agree with it. The Left, oh they will crucify those on the right for not agreeing. THey want it all.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 10:09 PM
how? Does the right make a spectacle about it?

Think man. The Right has always thumb their noses at the Left about g ays and abortion. But they do not get on a podium to declare it.

Don't get on a podium to declare it? They have most of their beliefs already legislated. They've ruled this country for the last 100 years. They've worn the podium out.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Don't get on a podium to declare it? They have most of their beliefs already legislated. They've ruled this country for the last 100 years. They've worn the podium out.

an allegory, isn't it?

I mean nowadays. Do they get on the podium like a street corner preacher, YOU MUST REPENT BECAUSE YOU ARE GA Y?

no, they don't.

If a person on the Left sees a business or a TV show that is against them, they would do this on the street corner with TV cameras, radio, yahoo, msnbc.com, reuters, bbc, world news, etc, YOU DO NOT LIKE GA YS, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO BUSINESS, YOU SHOULD BE OFF THE AIR!!!

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 10:21 PM
an allegory, isn't it?

I mean nowadays. Do they get on the podium like a street corner preacher, YOU MUST REPENT BECAUSE YOU ARE GA Y?

no, they don't.

If a person on the Left sees a business or a TV show that is against them, they would do this on the street corner with TV cameras, radio, yahoo, msnbc.com, reuters, bbc, world news, etc, YOU DO NOT LIKE GA YS, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO BUSINESS, YOU SHOULD BE OFF THE AIR!!!

Yes, they do. This stuff happens on both sides on a pretty regular basis.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Yes, they do. This stuff happens on both sides on a pretty regular basis.

But I am not seeing it on the Right unless I am mistaken.

All I seen is street corner media on Hicks from Louisana or Chik Fil A?

Until I see something to castrate the Right, there is nothing for me to shat on them.

Anything that is newsworthy?

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 10:29 PM
https://www.hcn.org/issues/45.8/how-right-wing-emigrants-conquered-north-idaho/idaho1-jpg/image_large

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-00poZBnxKwY/UC1T_Q3YmgI/AAAAAAAAAO4/7uDTQsV1SbU/s1600/tea-party-sign-armed.jpg

http://csgv.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/alaska-parade.jpg

http://rackjite.com/graphics/teabagrally.jpg

http://dakiniland.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/gun-freaks.jpg

Oklahomahawk
01-30-2014, 10:29 PM

W even said he believed in "all paths to God" which is a statement if made by a Dem would have gotten him lynched before dark.

FWIW I think giving food to stranded motorists is a very nice gesture, and should be applauded, even if you have to take turns cursing them with one breath, then praise them one breath and well you get it. It's just so hard to get people to do the right thing these days I've gotten to a point where I try to not even look too deep at their motivations.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 10:31 PM
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/ED-AJ347_reynol_E_20090414145152.jpg

http://freakoutnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/IRS_TeaParty-350x233.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FmrNyD894x4/TTM03ObbWII/AAAAAAAAAjk/FdDdrBVLL8s/s400/images.jpg

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Dalyn?

umm? WTF was that?

I want something like Chick Fil A and Duck Dynasty type stuff, not protesters with signs. I see this daily driving home from work on several street corners.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Dalyn?

umm? WTF was that?

I want something like Chick Fil A and Duck Dynasty type stuff, not protesters with signs. I see this daily driving home from work on several street corners.

You wanted them on street corners pushing their beliefs, so that is what I gave you.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 10:37 PM

You wanted them on street corners pushing their beliefs, so that is what I gave you.

BVWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!

You made me spill my drink out on your retort.

Nice one. :icwudt:

Oklahomahawk
01-30-2014, 10:41 PM

Dudes, just be happy that's what they were pushing on that street corner!!!

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 10:46 PM
Dudes, just be happy that's what they were pushing on that street corner!!!

No sh*t.

Tea-Idiots as well.

Wisconsin is good at posters and what not on both sides.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 10:46 PM
:Alone:

goldfly
01-30-2014, 10:51 PM
they are not in the least bit bigoted

hahaha

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 10:59 PM
hahaha

oh noez, he is in the thread, everyone hides!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldfly
01-30-2014, 11:03 PM

Parents Television Council complains to the right wing FCC all the time and they censor stuff and fine people all the time

MPAA censors and doesn't allow movies to be played the way the director wants them to be released.

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 11:04 PM
http://www.dialoginternational.com/.a/6a00d83451c36069e20133f324f91e970b-800wi

Dalyn
01-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Parents Television Council complains to the right wing FCC all the time and they censor stuff and fine people all the time

MPAA censors and doesn't allow movies to be played the way the director wants them to be released.

And many movies are not released if they can't make them happy.

sturg33
01-30-2014, 11:07 PM
I think Dalyn has proven his point about going both ways. But I guess i just don't hear as much outrage on the MSM when the boycotts are coming from the right

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 11:11 PM
I think Dalyn has proven his point about going both ways. But I guess i just don't hear as much outrage on the MSM when the boycotts are coming from the right

I know that.

But I am still waiting for a Chick Fil A and Duck Dynasty type of response. Which is NATIONAL news according to the Left.

AerchAngel
01-30-2014, 11:16 PM
http://www.dialoginternational.com/.a/6a00d83451c36069e20133f324f91e970b-800wi

I don't watch much TV it is and I quote a source from an EarthGov guard in Babylon 5:

" I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite."

goldfly
02-03-2014, 01:46 AM
This hateful bigots!!!

that still makes no sense

only in america could you find people that think that a corporation that donates money to causes that view other humans as less than human

to not be a sign of bigotry

be a man and own it. at leas the God Hates ***s have the courage to say what they actually mean instead of hiding

BedellBrave
02-09-2014, 01:49 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_W-pG7tUmJk0/TA4VzwFTEbI/AAAAAAAACQA/1wVbmfaVVt0/s400/chick-fil-a_spicy_chicken_01.jpg

goldfly
02-09-2014, 03:10 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_W-pG7tUmJk0/TA4VzwFTEbI/AAAAAAAACQA/1wVbmfaVVt0/s400/chick-fil-a_spicy_chicken_01.jpg

gross

sturg33
02-09-2014, 03:32 PM

How'd you get in on Sunday?

BedellBrave
02-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Sadly, I didn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJHqstPuNo

Dalyn
02-09-2014, 09:26 PM
When I want Chic-fil-A, it seems like it is always freaking Sunday. So irritating.

Krgrecw
02-10-2014, 12:33 AM
When I want Chic-fil-A, it seems like it is always freaking Sunday. So irritating.

Agree. They'd make a killing if they were open on a Sunday. They can never become a public company.

Tapate50
02-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Agree. They'd make a killing if they were open on a Sunday. They can never become a public company.

Chik Fil A makes a killing despite being closed on Sunday. They don't want to \ and won't ever have to become a public company.

bravesnumberone
02-13-2014, 10:45 PM
If Chic Fil A stops serving sweet tea, we'll know for sure....