PDA

View Full Version : NJ gets screwed by Super Bowl.

The Chosen One
02-04-2014, 10:17 AM
http://blog.nj.com/njv_mark_diionno/2014/02/super_bowl_exit_not_fast_for_n.html

Thoughts Zeetoh?

zitothebrave
02-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Knew it was gonna happen. It was obvious, NJ always gets the shaft, the Meadowlands complex made dough I'm sure, and NYC made bank, NJ Transit probably made some money but not a ton.

As far as rep, I could care less, if some asshole from Seattle doesn't want another Super Bowl in NJ, I don't either. A big reason I didn't go home for the Superbowl was the thought of having to drive through that ****ty traffic to go home. I still think it's weird the NFL just doesn't hold it in one location all the time, like the Rose Bowl or something like that. This rotating thing doesn't make much sense but teams keep lining up to do it so what the hell. Just wish that snowstorm that hit the next day hit on the Super Bowl, then things would have been a real fun **** show.

Krgrecw
02-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Sav, sounds like most of that was in the contract that NJ knew, when they submitted the bid. Don't know how you can fault the NFL. Every city that hosts the superbowl is in the same position

The Chosen One
02-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Sav, sounds like most of that was in the contract that NJ knew, when they submitted the bid. Don't know how you can fault the NFL. Every city that hosts the superbowl is in the same position

I would agree. I do think it's kind of a different situation though, as Meadowlands is literally right across the street from New York.

There's no sister town right next to Miami, Orlando and Tampa are an hour apart, LA is not that close to San Diego, Phoenix is by itself, and Dallas is lol.

This deal was a really bad deal and NYC just have definitely paid something to NJ.