Where does he go? CNN or Fox?

Dalyn
02-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I hope he goes home.

The Chosen One
02-04-2014, 10:06 PM
I hope he goes home.

Strongly Dislike this post.

I think he could go to FOX... doubtful he goes to CNN to replace Piers. Larry King threw softballs, but Leno throws underhand balls. Don't see Leno being a serious interviewer, he has to be a comedian.

zitothebrave
02-04-2014, 10:10 PM
To hell hopefully.

Still don't forgive him and NBC for the stunt they pulled with Conan.

The Chosen One
02-04-2014, 10:10 PM
To hell hopefully.

Still don't forgive him and NBC for the stunt they pulled with Conan.

That was all NBC, not Leno.

Watch the 60 minutes interview.

Unfortunately, I don't think Fallon is Tonight Show material.

I'll have to settle to watching Letterman's monologue, then dvr'ing Craig Ferguson.

zitothebrave
02-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Leno allowed it to happen, he could have refused. NBC was a giant douche but Leno didn't say I refuse to move or whatever. He could have but instead he would ahve let it happen.

Conan is the only late night show worth watching.

Dalyn
02-04-2014, 10:18 PM
I like Fallon. Loved Carson.

gtcway
02-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Fallon sucks! Didn't like him on SNL either.

The Chosen One
02-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Leno allowed it to happen, he could have refused. NBC was a giant douche but Leno didn't say I refuse to move or whatever. He could have but instead he would ahve let it happen.

Conan is the only late night show worth watching.

According to Leno, NBC told him he was done in 2009 no questions asked.

I think Conan's downfall is the age demographic that NBC was aiming for doesn't watch 11:30. Probably watching Colbert and Stewart at the 11 hour.

Plus, they're aiming for the youtube and dvr generation which isn't as profitable as Leno's age group.

I've been watching Leno since I was 7, and his monologues are safe but funny. Conan is more skit oriented which I'm not trying to laugh my ass off before I go to bed. Conan's monologues last like 2 minutes, whereas Leno's go for 8-10 minutes. Same with Ferguson. I love Ferguson, because he does his cold intro, the monologue, and tweet time.

Dalyn
02-04-2014, 10:23 PM
How subjective these things are. That's why it takes all kinds!

Dalyn
02-04-2014, 10:24 PM

I think Conan's downfall is the age demographic that NBC was aiming for doesn't watch 11:30. Probably watching Colbert and Stewart at the 11 hour.

Plus, they're aiming for the youtube and dvr generation which isn't as profitable as Leno's age group.

I've been watching Leno since I was 7, and his monologues are safe but funny. Conan is more skit oriented which I'm not trying to laugh my ass off before I go to bed. Conan's monologues last like 2 minutes, whereas Leno's go for 8-10 minutes. Same with Ferguson. I love Ferguson, because he does his cold intro, the monologue, and tweet time.

Ferguson is a lot of fun.

zitothebrave
02-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Fallon does some funny stuff, but he's not a vegas guy like Leno/Carson which seems to play will with Tonight Show crowd. Conan was a lot like Fallon and struggled intially, Conan of course is killing it on TBS but yeah Fallon will lose some and convert some others. Part of the problem of moving from late night to the tonight show is you can't be as niche. Colbert, Stewart and Conan are great because they can serve their niche, Fallon may lose that.

zitothebrave
02-04-2014, 10:27 PM

You don't watch Conan. He does long monologues, and skits. Kind of what he wants to do. he's not a Vegas guy like Leno tough.

The Chosen One
02-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Ferguson is a lot of fun.

His comedy is repetitive, but he executes it so well that I don't care.

Geoffrey and Secretariat. It's a great day for America everybody!

His tweet time skit is also funny, especially when he reads the senders name, then proceeds to throw the paper away and skip it. Or when he shows the picture of the sender and flashes the paper in half a second.

The Chosen One
02-04-2014, 10:28 PM
You don't watch Conan. He does long monologues, and skits. Kind of what he wants to do. he's not a Vegas guy like Leno tough.

I did watch Conan when he was Late Night. Maybe his Conan show changed, but his monologues were pretty quick back in the day.

Just not my cup of tea. Leno gives me ****s and giggles before I go to bed, Conan is more amusing and skit oriented IMO. I'd say one of the funniest things Conan did was giving NBC hell on his way out... one particular skit was having the foreign leaders with subtitles that said they were furious with Conan's departure. The part that got me was when they showed Gordon Brown of UK speaking English and having that subtitled also.

zitothebrave
02-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Conan rocks it out with his Conalogues.

weso1
02-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Conan seemed really nervous during his interviews whilest on the Tonight Show. I thought that was his downfall. He just didn't have that presence needed in that prime time slot.

zitothebrave
02-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Conan seemed really nervous during his interviews whilest on the Tonight Show. I thought that was his downfall. He just didn't have that presence needed in that prime time slot.

Different expectations. He wasn't given a ton of time to get used to things before the **** hit the fan. Watch him on TBS he almost always kills it in interviews. He is awkward but that's him.

zitothebrave
02-06-2014, 11:19 PM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1900037_654984217893797_1757631070_n.jpg

CrimsonCowboy
02-07-2014, 12:29 AM
Not much into the late night shows, but I'm watching Leno tonight. He always was a class act to me. Certainly more so than that doofus Letterman.

Man, Garth Brooks on the show. Remember when he was the biggest name in music?

goldfly
02-07-2014, 12:49 AM
I hope he goes home.

i was thinking way worse than this

but i can live with it

just as long as the no talent ass clown is gone, i am happy

**** him for what he did to Letterman and Conan (both of whom are way funnier than him)

The Chosen One
02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Sucks Leno is gone.

My DVR will now be only recording Ferguson at 12:30.

Ferguson would've been a better choice for the Tonight Show than Fallon.

Runnin
02-07-2014, 08:16 AM
I like Falon, Kimmel too, but there will never be another Johnny.

Letterman was the king until the Bush years turned him into a sour ol' curmudgeon. Ferguson is the funniest of them all, imo.

The Chosen One
02-07-2014, 08:23 AM
As I said before, I love Ferguson because he doesn't get political and his stuff is all very consistent.

Interact with the Geoff, interact with Secretariat, tweet mail, monologues are the same and his interviews are funny too.

Only watched Leno for the monologue and certain guests I was interested in. Ferguson makes boring guests into funny time.

Krgrecw
02-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Not much into the late night shows, but I'm watching Leno tonight. He always was a class act to me. Certainly more so than that doofus Letterman.

Man, Garth Brooks on the show. Remember when he was the biggest name in music?

Believe or not but Garth has sold more music in the modern era than anyone. Dude was massive. Last remaining hold out to the digital download age.

Runnin
02-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Believe or not but Garth has sold more music in the modern era than anyone. Dude was massive. Last remaining hold out to the digital download
I love good country music, play multiple string instruments in a variety of genres and I can't name you ONE Garth Brooks tune. Not one!

If he has written and recorded one tune that will last a generation, say, as good as Amarillo By Morning, I'm not aware of it.

Krgrecw
02-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Garth's song 'The Dance' is a damn good song. Everyone can relate to that song.

'Friends in low places' was his big hit. Believe it had some crossover appeal into the mainstream top 40 like Tim mcgraw and faith hill used to have.
Garth's actually doing a summer tour. First tour in a long time. Gonna be massive

Bj1133
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
I think Fallon is great. Not a fan of Leno or Letterman and haven't seen much of Ferguson since his Drew Carey days.

zitothebrave
02-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Garth's song 'The Dance' is a damn good song. Everyone can relate to that song.

'Friends in low places' was his big hit. Believe it had some crossover appeal into the mainstream top 40 like Tim mcgraw and faith hill used to have.
Garth's actually doing a summer tour. First tour in a long time. Gonna be massive

Garth Brooks is the Creed of country.