PDA

View Full Version : I regret my vote

BedellBrave
02-17-2014, 04:05 PM
And not because Palin was on the ticket. McCain is such a loser. Link (http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/02/gop-sen-apologizes-for-mccain-tantrum-at-syrian-christian-leader-meeting/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

jpx7
02-17-2014, 04:32 PM
"Nowhere in rebel-controlled Syria is there a secular fighting force to speak of." — A problem, in my opinion.

Oklahomahawk
02-17-2014, 05:48 PM
I realize McCain is a crotchety old beestard (and has been for a long time) but this isn't really like him, is it?

sturg33
02-17-2014, 06:34 PM
McCain has always been a joke and a complete blood thirst baboon.

I voted for him to because it was he was "on my team"

BedellBrave
02-17-2014, 06:37 PM
I realize McCain is a crotchety old beestard (and has been for a long time) but this isn't really like him, is it?

Sounds like it may be. He was a lot nicer in his response to me - but it was still the same idiocy.

Julio3000
02-17-2014, 07:47 PM
I have no trouble believing that McCain can be a jerk and a redass, but an anonymously sourced and editorializing post on Judicial Watch (!) may not be the authoritative word on what happened, or may not offer suitable context.

I read another account of the meeting which was clearly slanted in the other direction (hawkish and pro-rebel) which highlighted the anti-American, pro-Hezbollah, anti-Israel statements of some of the delegation at the meeting. That tracks with my observations about this thorny issue. Everything I read beyond straight reporting from the ground invariably tastes like P.R.

Oklahomahawk
02-17-2014, 09:42 PM
He was a lot nicer in his response to me

Well maybe that was because you were "packin'"... :happy0157:

57Brave
02-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Agree with him or not, he's got issues. Let alone the fact he spent a couple years in a box he also had a serious daddy complex.
His ambition always scared me. After the way he was treated by GWB in the 2000 primaries he still kissed the ring.
picking Palin was completely in character
Maverick my ass -

McCain would have made a horrible President and this is just one more piece of evidence.

BedellBrave
02-18-2014, 12:04 AM
I have no trouble believing that McCain can be a jerk and a redass, but an anonymously sourced and editorializing post on Judicial Watch (!) may not be the authoritative word on what happened, or may not offer suitable context.

I read another account of the meeting which was clearly slanted in the other direction (hawkish and pro-rebel) which highlighted the anti-American, pro-Hezbollah, anti-Israel statements of some of the delegation at the meeting. That tracks with my observations about this thorny issue. Everything I read beyond straight reporting from the ground invariably tastes like P.R.

He's an arse with a bad temper. He would have been an awful president.

Julio3000
02-18-2014, 12:14 AM
He's an arse with a bad temper. He would have been an awful president.

Probably so. Maybe I've missed one somewhere, but it seems like there's not been a whisper of a conflict anywhere that he hasn't wanted us to get involved in.

Tapate50
02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
And not because Palin was on the ticket. McCain is such a loser. Link (http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/02/gop-sen-apologizes-for-mccain-tantrum-at-syrian-christian-leader-meeting/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

To be fair, there are loads of people on both sides saying the same thing

cajunrevenge
02-18-2014, 05:43 PM
I supported McCain in 2000 over GWB but the fact that he kissed GWB's ass so much so he could get the 2008 nomination really soured me on him. I dont know why the republican party is so intent on nominating bad candidates. The last time they nominated a good candidate was GWB, unfortunately GWB did a 180 on almost everything he campaigned on. He seriously campaigned on "no nation building".

BedellBrave
02-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I supported McCain in 2000 over GWB but the fact that he kissed GWB's ass so much so he could get the 2008 nomination really soured me on him. I dont know why the republican party is so intent on nominating bad candidates. The last time they nominated a good candidate was GWB, unfortunately GWB did a 180 on almost everything he campaigned on. He seriously campaigned on "no nation building".

I think GWB may have stayed that course, but when 9/11 happened, the neocons ruled.

Oklahomahawk
02-18-2014, 09:56 PM
I think GWB may have stayed that course, but when 9/11 happened, the neocons ruled.

Well that and President Cheney hid the keys to the country. I personally would like to have seen what he could/would have done on his own. I don't think most conservatives can/will even come close to realizing how utterly evil Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Karl Rove are. That "just win baby" attitude worked for the Raiders way back in the day but it took this country to a really crappy place.

sturg33
02-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Shocked that Bush didn't follow up on campaign promises! Shocked that Obama didn't follow up on campaign promises! Shocked that Hilary didn't follow….

Oklahomahawk
02-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Shocked that Bush didn't follow up on campaign promises! Shocked that Obama didn't follow up on campaign promises! Shocked that Hilary didn't follow….

Kinda makes you wonder if our elected officials really have any real power doesn't it? I know it makes people call you names if you say maybe there are some Gepettos up there pulling the strings no matter who's in the White House, Congress, etc. but it sure does seem that way sometimes to me.

BedellBrave
02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Oh, and McCain is an arse.

Julio3000
02-19-2014, 01:42 AM

Yes, instead of supporting someone who isn't likely follow through with his or her campaign promises, 'tis much nobler to support someone who can promise the moon but never has to worry about delivering, since they'll never even get nominated. That's the appealing thing about adherence to a fringe ideology—you never have to worry about it getting tested in the real world, so it remains spotless in your mind.

And, yes, John McCain is.

57Brave
02-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Yes, instead of supporting someone who isn't likely follow through with his or her campaign promises, 'tis much nobler to support someone who can promise the moon but never has to worry about delivering, since they'll never even get nominated. That's the appealing thing about adherence to a fringe ideology—you never have to worry about it getting tested in the real world, so it remains spotless in your mind.

Well put

sturg33
02-19-2014, 08:07 AM

You're right. They don't get elected because they don't promise free gifts from the treasury to everyone.