PDA

View Full Version : SC Policy Requiring Fees and Permit to Feed Homeless Begins

sturg33
02-17-2014, 04:11 PM
More regulations baby! Even to help out homeless people (http://www.examiner.com/article/south-carolina-policy-requiring-a-fee-and-permit-to-feed-homeless-begins)

Oklahomahawk
02-17-2014, 05:59 PM
OK, I don't get this one at all. Are they not telling us the whole story about this, or are these people just that pathetic as human beings (or possibly both I suppose)??

sturg33
02-17-2014, 06:37 PM
The statists who run this country must have full control over everything we want to do

weso1
02-19-2014, 09:28 AM
More regulations baby! Even to help out homeless people (http://www.examiner.com/article/south-carolina-policy-requiring-a-fee-and-permit-to-feed-homeless-begins)

The point isn't to help the homeless. It's to keep them out of certain areas.

goldfly
02-19-2014, 09:46 AM

helping the homeless isn't what this is about

and why do you care what a state is doing? as long as it isn't coming from the feds, it is within their states rights to do this, right?

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 09:50 AM

and why do you care what a state is doing? as long as it isn't coming from the feds, it is within their states rights to do this, right?

Almost spit out my food reading this.

50PoundHead
02-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Pretty loony law. I think it's more about trying to get rid of the homeless (who are kind of viewed like feral cats that you shouldn't feed for fear that they will be parked on your back porch every night) than it is about regulating the food providers. Whatever the reason, it's a flat-out goofy law.

sturg33
02-19-2014, 10:00 AM

I love when people assume that just because something is "legal" it automatically means that I have to I agree with it.

I think state government is only slightly less incompetent than federal government. Yes, states have a 10th amendment right to to pass certain laws. But that doesn't mean they are good laws. I suppose I should support slavery, because it was state's decisions?

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 10:10 AM
I love when people assume that just because something is "legal" it automatically means that I have to I agree with it.

I think state government is only slightly less incompetent than federal government. Yes, states have a 10th amendment right to to pass certain laws. But that doesn't mean they are good laws. I suppose I should support slavery, because it was state's decisions?

Do you believe in state taxes? What about city taxes?

Remember, it was the federal government that got rid of slavery, and it was the federal government that passed civil rights.

sturg33
02-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Do you believe in state taxes? What about city taxes?

Remember, it was the federal government that got rid of slavery, and it was the federal government that passed civil rights.

Do I "believe" in state taxes? As in, do I believe they exist? Yes.

Do I agree with them? I'd have to have a better understanding of the budgets.

weso1
02-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Everyone wants to help the homeless until they're shooting up and sexing each other in front of your house. Then you want laws created to make sure they don't take dumps on the sidewalk in front of your house, like Zito does. South Carolina is just trying to keep them out of public parks where families like to hang. The issue with the law is that it doesn't really get to the heart of the issue.

Salt Lake City and other cities build homes for chronically homeless veterans (those with mental disabilities). It's cheaper than implementing and enforcing some of these weird laws. Something that is promoted by the Obama admin. One of the few things Obama has actually done right. It keeps them off the street and gets them the help they need. A win win for everyone. And since it's done on a very local level, it works better than some bloated crappy federal program. Of course time will tell how well it works in the end, but so far so good.

cajunrevenge
02-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Land of the free.......