PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards

Dalyn
02-18-2014, 03:34 AM
This one needs a thread. Good show. Spacey does a fantastic job. So much pro acting on TV.

(I'm not finished with Season Two, so please hide any spoilers)

TURBO
02-18-2014, 04:39 AM
Im in the middle of season 1. Really enjoying the show. Spacey is awesome.

50PoundHead
02-18-2014, 08:42 AM
I've been in politics/gummint all my adult life. I wish it were half this exciting.

Seriously, great show. So much better than the British version.

Hawk
02-18-2014, 01:51 PM
So much better than the British version.

I do beg to differ. Ian Richardson was a great actor. No slight to Spacey, who has been predictably phenomenal.

"I keep the troops in line. I put a bit of stick around. I make them jump."

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/65781000/jpg/_65781175_ianrichardson.jpg

But Zoe vs. Mattie? It's no contest.

http://www.myex.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/kate-mara-house-of-cards-naked-2.jpg

zitothebrave
02-18-2014, 02:05 PM
I find Kate Mara oddly attractive. She's not really my type but something about her character in the show works.

Hawk
02-18-2014, 02:07 PM
I find Kate Mara oddly attractive. She's not really my type but something about her character in the show works.

I think Kate and Rooney are both sexy, but aren't really my type either ... almost mousey.

zitothebrave
02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
I think Kate and Rooney are both sexy, but aren't really my type either ... almost mousey.

Rooney I don't really find attractive. Though sometimes I look at her and something clicks. Kate is weird, mousey is the right word and I'm not usually attracted to that, but her body is not bad at all.

50PoundHead
02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Hawk, I thought Richardson did a great job, but the British version just seemed to be so droll. I think the American version, while often more outlandish in terms of plot, is more tightly written.

On the Mara sister poll, I vote Kate. Has that feisty Irish look.

TURBO
02-19-2014, 04:49 AM
Damn, did not see that **** coming with Frank Killing Zoey.

Dalyn
02-27-2014, 06:54 PM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/p403x403/1925224_669304839758952_1708178025_n.jpg

The Chosen One
02-27-2014, 08:04 PM
I have been awaiting to watch this.

I will wait after True Detective is over, so I can binge on it.

Dalyn
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Almost finished with season two. Spacey gets better and better. What an actor.

Hawk
03-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I finished Chapter 24 last night.

I guess I saw that coming after the curious way events transpired in 23.

But it still kind of freaked me out.

zitothebrave
03-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Am 8 episodes into season 2 right now.

Just wanna discuss here a little, probably won't check back in until I watch the last 5 episodes buy

First I have to say, I'm glad the show had the balls to kill of Zoe. It had to happen after she turned on Frank the way she did. It was way too obvious that it had to happen and less shocking than killing Peter JMO. I am not a fan of Tusk as a character really. Think it's too obvious of a villain. But Kevin Spacey is just perfect.

goldfly
03-19-2014, 09:59 AM
only thing i didn't like about season 2 was it seemed way too over the top of Frank to being playing politics and no one else was playing politics themselves or acted like they were incapable of playing politics

Dalyn
03-19-2014, 02:27 PM
only thing i didn't like about season 2 was it seemed way too over the top of Frank to being playing politics and no one else was playing politics themselves or acted like they were incapable of playing politics

I see where you are coming from, but I think they are showing he is a step ahead of the competition, and they are also showing how far a single step can take you.

Hawk
03-20-2014, 12:25 AM
I thought Tusk played politics much better than Frank. The weakest politician was President Walker, oddly enough.

zitothebrave
03-20-2014, 12:46 AM
Have finished it. Now will discuss my overall opinion

The President being unwilling to go through with turning Frank's letter in is unbelievable. I mean why wouldn't he? At that point he had it all. He could have had Frank in jail, Tusk in hand, everything OK. Instead he rescinds his offer? Pretty crazy jump. I guess it just solidifies the idea that Walker is dumb. ALso Stamper dying is gonna **** things up. Rachel being a loose end, the McPoyle being a loose end, There's too many things that can go wrong that tie him to a murder. Though I guess Rachel didn't witness it, she will turn on Stamper and that will be a thing. I may possibly be wrong about Doug being dead, that would be a twist, as he may have just still been unconscious as there is no time reference of when they had their fight and when that Helicopter flew overhead. Also, why was Remy Huell'd? How did he not play a part in the end? Also Christina is gonna come back with a vengeance in Season 3 I think. She'll connect with Rachel or the McPoyle and plot revenge on Frank. Not through the media though, through some other way. Also Rachel has some solid titties. Too bad Stamper didn't spy longer.