PDA

View Full Version : Why is our pitching staff so disrespected nationally?

jcc03004
02-20-2014, 09:08 AM
Really long post sorry .
Basically I been reading that the Nats pitching is so good but I never hear anything like so is the braves. Did we not have the best era in the majors last year and that's with Maholm and Hudson. Do you have to have 5 flame throwers to get any respect? It seems most national writers when comparing Atlanta and Washington's pitching staff they look at Washington's rotation ONLY and compare it to ours and says the Nats have the better staff. Seems to me that the Nats rotation is better i give them that, however they totally forget to take it a few steps further. How much better is the Nats rotation is their advantage even worth say a run a game. I say probably not, the fall own from theirs to ours is really not that much if you really think about it. Strasburg is a sexier pitcher to most because of his k numbers mostly but how much worse is kris Medlen really. On a good day Medlen is just as un-hittable as Strasburg is ask any hitter who faced him in sept of the last two years. And I don't think gio is incredibly better then minor. Same for Teheran and Zimmerman. Fister over Beachy I give them who knows what Brandon is going to do but you know what Zimmerman is going to do. And if its wood ill take him over detweiller. Alright, now compare the pens. Ours is insanely better then theirs. So really all the starters have to do is keep it close and the pen takes over. The difference head to head last year was that their pen allowed us to score while ours didn't for the most part. I think the team who takes the season series is probably who wins the nl east. Thoughts?