PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Spring Training Thread

Tapate50
02-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Figured there wasn't a good place to start fresh chatter about ST and games starting tomorrow.

nsacpi
02-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Looking forward to Garcia making pitch.

thethe
02-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Yay, baseball is back!

I was really losing interest in the Braves because of ownership but I haven't been this excited for a season in a long time now. Can't wait to see if the team decides on spending more money and makes a big move come the deadline!

Heyward
02-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Yay, baseball is back!

I was really losing interest in the Braves because of ownership but I haven't been this excited for a season in a long time now. Can't wait to see if the team decides on spending more money and makes a big move come the deadline!

Meh, the only move would be a 2B if Uggla keeps sucking (good chance), and no one else develops into much.

Or a SP depending on health.

Minus that though...

Tapate50
02-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Upton scratched with side soreness, nothing serious considered d2d

weso1
02-26-2014, 10:25 AM

Luckily it's Upton injured and not Upton. Because if it was Upton then I'd be concerned.

tululush
02-26-2014, 10:25 AM

Which Upton?

BlackwaterPark
02-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Jup

chopdrew
02-26-2014, 11:10 AM
If I were Dan Uggla, I think I'd spend the first few at bats of this spring just looking at pitches, deciding what I think are strikes and what aren't, then going back on video and seeing how often I was right. I really think a lot of his struggles are vision-based and as someone with corrected vision that can be FAR more limiting than people know. He has to decide whether or not he trusts what he's seeing and then go from there...

nsacpi
02-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Today's scheduled pitchers

F. Garcia, Varvaro, Buchter, Jaime, Rodriguez & Maya

Four pen spots are probably set: Kimbrel, Walden, Carpenter, Avilan. The remaining three are up for grabs and Garcia, Varvaro, Buchter are among the contenders along with Vasquez, Obispo, Gearrin, Severino and Hale. Vasquez btw has some sort of lat injury and won't be pitching for a couple weeks.