PDA

View Full Version : Fracking...

goldfly
02-26-2014, 12:33 AM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/534071_10152001293507572_1399430243_n.jpg

57Brave
02-26-2014, 06:32 AM
over under ------

How many posts until someone turns this into a condemnation of the rights of women to make reproductive choices?

How many posts until someone declares business' have the right to frack - Just because?

How many posts until someone characterizes Goldfly something other than, Goldfly? (because he has pretty much made mince meat of their argument and really - that is all they have left)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As to the topic this reminds me of a quote from Hurricane Sandy - something or other about peoples political principles disappearing under 10 feet of water.

gtcway
02-26-2014, 07:07 AM
But, but... It's because it's going to devalue his property, not because it's bad for the environment or anything like that.

I've watched a couple of the documentaries about it and it's pretty sad that they are still allowed to do it.

50PoundHead
02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
This really made me laugh in a sad way. Hard to believe at a level.

The Chosen One
02-26-2014, 08:14 AM
over under ------

How many posts until someone turns this into a condemnation of the rights of women to make reproductive choices?

How many posts until someone declares business' have the right to frack - Just because?

How many posts until someone characterizes Goldfly something other than, Goldfly? (because he has pretty much made mince meat of their argument and really - that is all they have left)

As to the topic this reminds me of a quote from Hurricane Sandy - something or other about peoples political principles disappearing under 10 feet of water.

You forgot the over and under that humans have nothing to do with climate change.

pfiggy
02-26-2014, 08:22 AM
You forgot the over and under that humans have nothing to do with climate change.

That's because everyone knows its cow pfarts that cause the problem........

zitothebrave
02-26-2014, 08:24 AM
This is so 5 days ago (http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219)

thethe
02-26-2014, 08:29 AM
I really wish Conservatives cared more about the environment and social equality. I just can't identify myself with any party.

The Chosen One
02-26-2014, 08:41 AM
The fact the GOP has gone so far right on this political climate, I don't see them winning a presidential election again in my lifetime unless they change their agendas. Have to basically drop the religious right stigma.

weso1
02-26-2014, 09:46 AM
over under ------

To answer your questions... post number 2.

Tapate50
02-26-2014, 09:47 AM
To answer your questions... post number 2.

LOL

weso1
02-26-2014, 10:18 AM
For those of you interested in actual facts rather than crump's typical propaganda filled memes, the lawsuit is actually in regards to a water supply company proposing to build a tall water tower that they would use to sell water to the fracking company. So it's really kind of a reach to say that the CEO wants to ban fracking near his land. The fracking itself should proceed without the lawsuit. But even if you take crump's propaganda as fact then how do you rationalize away former liberal politicians calling for more windmill farms, but refusing to let them be placed near their property? So the hypocrisy works both ways.

Unfortunately the fracking complaints from the far left are mostly propaganda, especially the documentaries and of course the websites. Some of it is fact, but a lot of the facts have become buried inside a pile of BS.

Look, it's not smart to just pick out some of the problems with fracking and decide that it should be banned or prohibitively regulated. The fact is that if you don't frack and except some of the relatively minor and rare issues (issues that are being fixed by the way) that come with it, then you have to replace it with something else. Because the demand for fuel is going to be just as high no matter if you frack or don't frack. So what are you going to do instead? Welp, coal mining aint exactly kosher either with global warming about. But nonetheless coal mining is what Europeans are relying on now since they banned fracking. Nuke plants? Nobody wants that around their house either.

Meanwhile the state of Pennsylvania has been fracking more than anyone and while the cons exist, it's pretty evident that at least in that state the pros have far outweighed the cons. So if you're going to argue against fracking, leave the emotional propaganda gotcha arguments out of it and let's argue the facts.

57Brave
02-26-2014, 01:08 PM
how do you rationalize away former liberal politicians calling for more windmill farms, but refusing to let them be placed near their property? So the hypocrisy works both ways.
Wow, blame the fact everyday people are getting trash out of their kitchen water tap on windmills and former Liberal politicians.
Oh yeah, Names please

Unfortunately the fracking complaints from the far left are mostly propaganda, especially the documentaries and of course the websites. Some of it is fact, but a lot of the facts have become buried inside a pile of BS.
Please show math.

Look, it's not smart to just pick out some of the problems with fracking and decide that it should be banned or prohibitively regulated. The fact is that if you don't frack and except some of the relatively minor and rare issues (issues that are being fixed by the way) that come with it, then you have to replace it with something else. Because the demand for fuel is going to be just as high no matter if you frack or don't frack. So what are you going to do instead? Welp, coal mining aint exactly kosher either with global warming about. But nonetheless coal mining is what Europeans are relying on now since they banned fracking. Nuke plants? Nobody wants that around their house either.
What alternatives are you offering to how we use fossil fuels or even our current methods of mining ?

Meanwhile the state of Pennsylvania has been fracking more than anyone and while the cons exist, it's pretty evident that at least in that state the pros have far outweighed the cons.
Again -- show a link or give examples.
That is plural -- examples

I certainly hope you won't use Sturgesque sources that are debunked about as fast as they are posted.

weso1
02-26-2014, 02:11 PM
I certainly hope you won't use Sturgesque sources that are debunked about as fast as they are posted.

So you blindly except biased fracking documentaries and crumply memes but automatically discount sturges links from sources that don't agree with your view point? Also, aren't you the one who constantly grumps about us not educating ourselves on these issues?

Now with all that said, I do have links from the left:

link 1 (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/opinion/global/the-facts-on-fracking.html)

link 2 (http://www.npr.org/2013/11/28/247222115/how-fracking-in-pennsylvania-helps-clear-the-air-in-new-york)

link 3 (http://www.npr.org/2013/10/28/241319381/how-frackings-ups-and-downs-affect-pennsylvanias-economy)

I also have links from the right that do contain fact on the topic if you're ever interested in those, but I assume from your post you only want links with left wing bias?

I did find this link pretty interesting:

link (http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/coal-oil-gas/top-10-myths-about-natural-gas-drilling-6386593#slide-1)

As far as solutions? I think fracking is a part of the solution. While we should continue seeking clean energy, it's not going to come over night. Fracking provides us with relatively cheap, domestically produced and clean energy. Again, it's not like the other stuff doesn't have problems. That's what people need to understand.

57Brave
02-26-2014, 03:21 PM
The only thing that should be assumed from my original post is this board has fallen to where every conversation regardless the topic turns into a discussion on abortion or the divine rights of the business community then quickly devolves into citing one person or another an idiot/moron or troll. As to the above post I asked for information -- which you provided. Thanks

The reference to Sturg's links - Even BJ Upton can get them out of the infield

goldfly
02-26-2014, 04:25 PM
one of my favorites is when weso calls me "crump"

no real problem with it, i used the login when banned from bill shanks being an idiot but it doesn't make sense to use it

weso1
02-26-2014, 04:41 PM
There's just something about Crump that I like. Maybe cause it rhymes with grump?

The Chosen One
02-26-2014, 04:49 PM
I was always a fan of Alge Crumpler. That hit he took by Brian Dawkins was brutal.

1:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNTGDIrvaWc

goldfly
02-26-2014, 05:15 PM
There's just something about Crump that I like. Maybe cause it rhymes with grump?

you seem rather grumpy a lot

so it would make sense for ya

goldfly
02-26-2014, 05:16 PM
I was always a fan of Alge Crumpler. That hit he took by Brian Dawkins was brutal.

1:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNTGDIrvaWc

yeah, i used it cause it was 100% different than my old login so Bill and his minions wouldn't think they i was the same and that i liked Alge

The Chosen One
02-26-2014, 05:33 PM
yeah, i used it cause it was 100% different than my old login so Bill and his minions wouldn't think they i was the same and that i liked Alge

goldfly6 or crump7 neither have capital letters and 6 v 7... lol

weso1
02-26-2014, 05:34 PM
you seem rather grumpy a lot

so it would make sense for ya

I feel like I just used that one.

weso1
02-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Can we stay on fracking topic?

goldfly
02-26-2014, 05:51 PM

haha

true but it is still different

goldfly
02-26-2014, 05:52 PM
I feel like I just used that one.
oh

i thought you were just saying you liked the word grumpy

jpx7
02-26-2014, 06:00 PM

100% DIFFERENCE.

goldfly
02-26-2014, 06:01 PM
yall act like it wasn't debated that it was me once it was approved and i said it was me

easy to look back at it now and saying it wasn't different

Hawk
02-26-2014, 08:37 PM
This is so 5 days ago (http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219)

I just got this.

BedellBrave
02-26-2014, 09:17 PM
So you blindly except biased fracking documentaries and crumply memes but automatically discount sturges links from sources that don't agree with your view point? Also, aren't you the one who constantly grumps about us not educating ourselves on these issues?

Now with all that said, I do have links from the left:

link 1 (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/opinion/global/the-facts-on-fracking.html)

link 2 (http://www.npr.org/2013/11/28/247222115/how-fracking-in-pennsylvania-helps-clear-the-air-in-new-york)

link 3 (http://www.npr.org/2013/10/28/241319381/how-frackings-ups-and-downs-affect-pennsylvanias-economy)

I also have links from the right that do contain fact on the topic if you're ever interested in those, but I assume from your post you only want links with left wing bias?

I did find this link pretty interesting:

link (http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/coal-oil-gas/top-10-myths-about-natural-gas-drilling-6386593#slide-1)

As far as solutions? I think fracking is a part of the solution. While we should continue seeking clean energy, it's not going to come over night. Fracking provides us with relatively cheap, domestically produced and clean energy. Again, it's not like the other stuff doesn't have problems. That's what people need to understand.

weso, you this is how he rolls.

weso1
02-26-2014, 09:44 PM
I really wish Conservatives cared more about the environment and social equality. I just can't identify myself with any party.

I agree with you on the environment issue. It's conservatism after all. For whatever reason that doesn't include conserving environmental resources.

weso1
02-26-2014, 09:49 PM
yall act like it wasn't debated that it was me once it was approved and i said it was me

easy to look back at it now and saying it wasn't different

Yeah, I thought it was a fake goldfly because there was a different name listed with your IP address and one poster over there had already tried to pretend to be you.

Remember when we tried to keep it a secret you were back so you wouldn't get banned again. What a weird time that was.

57Brave
02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
I agree with you on the environment issue. It's conservatism after all. For whatever reason that doesn't include conserving environmental resources.

The reason is clearly what big business sees as the slippery slope of government regulation. Dating back to the 1880's

jpx7
02-27-2014, 10:16 AM

It did with Teddy Roosevelt.