PDA

View Full Version : Is BJ ever truly out ???

BlackwaterPark
07-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Does it really bother anyone else that BJ *****es and moans about every time he is called out on strike 3, or picked off? He comes across as a whiny ***** who thinks he can do no wrong. Honestly, the more I see of BJ, the more I wish he would have never came to Atlanta..

CyYoung31
07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Does it really bother anyone else that BJ *****es and moans about every time he is called out on strike 3, or picked off? He comes across as a whiny ***** who thinks he can do no wrong. Honestly, the more I see of BJ, the more I wish he would have never came to Atlanta..

No. It comes off to me as a player who is frustrated with his performance.

BremanFan88
07-11-2013, 07:22 AM
If he were hitting .300 not a single damn would be given. When your having a season like he's having the nitpicking by fans becomes just as annoying as the player slumping. Just like Andruw and his grin. No one really cared about it until his last few seasons and then everyone used it to say he didn't care...

Metaphysicist
07-11-2013, 07:26 AM
To be fair, fans were slaggin' on Andruw about his smile from basically day 2 of his career.

IF HE'D STOP SMILING AND ACTUALLY TRY HE'D BE THE NEXT WILLIAM MAYS, GOL DANGIT

Julio3000
07-11-2013, 08:21 AM
He's skinny, doesn't smile, and has, at least once, hit a home run in a pressure situation.

At least from the perspective of AJ-era carping, he might be Bizarro Andruw.

NinersSBChamps
07-11-2013, 08:37 AM
It's well known that I seriously dislike BJ Upton as a player. It's not worth it to continue to bash him. He isn't getting any better and my fingers could use a break anyway. I want to see how long I can go without bashing him.

He's a pile of junk. Well that didn't take long, but it will be after this post.

VirginiaBrave
07-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Yep, I'd rather put some money in Bourn. In 30 yrs. of watching Braves' baseball I can honestly say he's a player I cannot wait to see go. I realize because of contract its not going to happen. He will probably be here at least four years until we see if we can keep Justin. As far as I'm concerned, he's not "bossman" of anything.

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this.

weso1
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
It does kind of annoy me that he complains a ton. I don't think it's doing him any favors in getting borderline calls either. It seems like he's had a few occassions where he's taken an obvious called third strike and complained about it. It kind of makes me think he doesn't have a good idea of the strike zone.

yeezus
07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Went back and looked at the film, he is actually right - he has not be legitimately out this year so far. He should literally be batting 1.000 right now.

Enscheff
07-11-2013, 11:19 AM
He needs to worry less about borderline calls, and worry more about getting the bat on 90 MPH fastballs down the middle of the plate.

jpx7
07-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Yes.

Bravesfan205
07-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with frustration on his part. I'm sure he's just as frustrated as we are. I would rather him get frustrated that he sucks and not just have an I don't care attitude.

bravesnumberone
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't think he doesn't care. That's quite silly. Because if he didn't care, he could just quit the game right now and be set for quite a while. His complaining and stupid grins at the umpire gets old regardless of performance. All of this being said, I'd like to see him attempt to make some adjustments or wonder how hard the hitting coaches have worked with him. He's still making a lot of the same mistakes, particularly, pulling his front foot out almost every time. Either way, he needs to step it the hell up, or if he continues to suck massively, Jordan needs a crack at CF.

50PoundHead
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I didn't like the signing. I thought it was too pricey by a few million per year. That said, he's not as bad as he's looked, but he has looked really bad.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not that big a fan of Wren and it looks like he makes his biggest mistakes with his most expensive investments. If he screwed up around the margins, nobody would give two hoots. But he's made some real clinkers with his big-time signings.

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 01:04 PM
I didn't like the signing. I thought it was too pricey by a few million per year. That said, he's not as bad as he's looked, but he has looked really bad.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not that big a fan of Wren and it looks like he makes his biggest mistakes with his most expensive investments. If he screwed up around the margins, nobody would give two hoots. But he's made some real clinkers with his big-time signings.

I like Wren but I'm concerned with all the bad contracts he's handed out.

I love most of his trades but I don't like how we carelessly throw money around.

50PoundHead
07-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I like Wren but I'm concerned with all the bad contracts he's handed out.

I love most of his trades but I don't like how we carelessly throw money around.

Just to make it clear, I'm not calling for Wren's head or anything. I just find his planning and player acquisition a bit discombobulated.

Coredor
07-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Just to make it clear, I'm not calling for Wren's head or anything. I just find his planning and player acquisition a bit discombobulated.

It seems like big free agent signings in general are very risky. You generally pay a premium and there is no where to go but down. At least when you re-sign your own guys they are a well known commodity to you. B.J. should be decent player though in the long run. I really hope he doesn't turn into dead weight for 5 years.

AUTiger7222
07-12-2013, 02:24 PM
This apparently isn't anything new from BJ. This pic is from 2004 when he made his MLB debut and only played in a handful of games.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17ltemt4lo7lkjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Looks like Heyward and Fredi could take a page or two from Upton about how to care about the game correctly by showing it.