PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Smack Down Spectacular

zitothebrave
03-10-2014, 10:17 AM
To bring this over from the Ukraine thread.

Hawk, part of the problem with Palin is that compared to many of her contemporaries she is dumb, or at the very least less learned. Palin has all the feelings of a pageant queen or news anchor, someone who's coached on a number of things.

But if you compare her to say Hildog.

Palin went to/enrolled in 5 different colleges and took 5 years to get her 4 year degree. After graduating college she went and worked as a sportscaster.

Hildog went to Wessley College, then to Yale Law, and then moved onto being an attorney.

I don't think Palin is dumb, but generally when you're dealing with politicians you're generally dealing with Lawyers etc. who're usually more educated. She isn't dumb by normal standards. She's probably above average intelligence, but when compared ot most of her contemporaries, she stuggles.

Hawk
03-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Thank you for creating this thread ...

For starters, I don't buy into the argument that a 'learned' politician is more qualified for high office than an individual with a more humble educational background.

To me, leadership skills are not something you can learn in a book.

Hawk
03-10-2014, 11:38 AM
KeithLockhart

I don't think calling Palin an idiot is sexist at all.

Then what is it? Palin is exponentially more polished in 2014 than she was in 2008. Do you think she would make the same simple mistakes again? I highly doubt it.

Obama had four years (from the 2004 DNC) to prep for his time on the national stage in 2008. Palin had a few weeks.

FWIW, McCain's chief attack on Obama in 2008 centered around his lack of preparedness to handle international issues. The populace was willing to overlook that at the time because the universal view was that our domestic economy needed more direct attention. It's interesting to see how that is playing out now.

zitothebrave
03-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Thank you for creating this thread ...

For starters, I don't buy into the argument that a 'learned' politician is more qualified for high office than an individual with a more humble educational background.

To me, leadership skills are not something you can learn in a book.

I agree, I don't think being smart makes you right for everything. Eisenhower by most accounts wasn't especially smart. Certainly not of the Jefferson/Madison mold. Andrew Jackson is another. Both are by most accounts solid presidents at the very least.

Conversely Jimmy Carter is brilliant(maybe the most intelligent president post-Kennedy), and did not succeed as a president.

weso1
03-10-2014, 02:23 PM
To bring this over from the Ukraine thread.

Hawk, part of the problem with Palin is that compared to many of her contemporaries she is dumb, or at the very least less learned. Palin has all the feelings of a pageant queen or news anchor, someone who's coached on a number of things.

But if you compare her to say Hildog.

Palin went to/enrolled in 5 different colleges and took 5 years to get her 4 year degree. After graduating college she went and worked as a sportscaster.

Hildog went to Wessley College, then to Yale Law, and then moved onto being an attorney.

I don't think Palin is dumb, but generally when you're dealing with politicians you're generally dealing with Lawyers etc. who're usually more educated. She isn't dumb by normal standards. She's probably above average intelligence, but when compared ot most of her contemporaries, she stuggles.

Hillary is pretty high up there as far as intelligent politicians go. So it's pretty unfair to compare her to one of the most intelligent politicians. She's up there near Ron Paul territory.

Imo, looking at all the circumstantial evidence we have. I'd compare Palin's education and intellect to Joe Biden's education and intellect.

50PoundHead
03-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Hillary is pretty high up there as far as intelligent politicians go. So it's pretty unfair to compare her to one of the most intelligent politicians. She's up there near Ron Paul territory.

Imo, looking at all the circumstantial evidence we have. I'd compare Palin's education and intellect to Joe Biden's education and intellect.

Biden is an interminable gas bag and he should know better than to put his foot in his mouth with the regularity that he does. I don't Palin is smart enough to come in out of the rain. It has nothing to do with innate leadership qualities or anything like that, I just think she lacks smarts. She parlayed a lot of activity with her local school district into a spot on the Wasilia City Council to the Lt. Gov's nomination to the governorship. It isn't that much different than the path taken by Michelle Bachmann in Minnesota (and Bachmann is probably smarter in terms of IQ). If the Republicans are looking for a bright woman, try Nikki Haley.

But don't get me wrong, Biden's sins are more punishable than Palin's simply because after this much time in office, he should know when to shut it.

Oklahomahawk
03-10-2014, 04:03 PM

Wait I thought you liked her? :icon_biggrin:

weso1
03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Biden is an interminable gas bag and he should know better than to put his foot in his mouth with the regularity that he does. I don't Palin is smart enough to come in out of the rain. It has nothing to do with innate leadership qualities or anything like that, I just think she lacks smarts. She parlayed a lot of activity with her local school district into a spot on the Wasilia City Council to the Lt. Gov's nomination to the governorship. It isn't that much different than the path taken by Michelle Bachmann in Minnesota (and Bachmann is probably smarter in terms of IQ). If the Republicans are looking for a bright woman, try Nikki Haley.

But don't get me wrong, Biden's sins are more punishable than Palin's simply because after this much time in office, he should know when to shut it.

Biden never learns because he's just simply not that smart. People give him a pass because he's an old well dressed white liberal man. They just say, "'Oh, that's just Biden being Biden." while constantly telling us Palin is an idiot. This isn't a compliment to Palin, but it is what it is. Biden finished bottom of his class at mediocre schools.

The Chosen One
03-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Well, let me turn the table at bit: What do see in her as being profoundly unintellectual?

I see her smarts exhibited through her ability to have survived 2008 and its aftermath. And to still have enough relevance to go around over half a decade later. Her brand is extremely valuable.

Spare me the earlier recounting of the Katie Couric interview (which I find easily defensible for many of the reasons I have already mentioned).

I just dislike the Pavlovian instinct to cry "Idiot!" every time Palin opens her mouth primarily because I don't see her as having said, or for that matter actually done, anything to merit that level of malice.

Who said she survived?

She resigned as Governor only 3 years into her term.

She was only invited to endorse and campaign for the insane Tea Party candidates in 2010.

She was not invited anywhere near any major Republican candidate's rally in 2012.

She's been reduced to doing softball "exclusive" interviews with O'Reilly, Hannity and Van Susteren where they lay the breadcrumbs for her in the interview and she just follows.

Her brand works because she selfishly promotes it for her own good.

Hawk
03-10-2014, 06:29 PM
None of the instances you mentioned (all of which can be debunked) remotely back up the idea that the woman who just owned CPAC didn't survive.

57Brave
03-10-2014, 06:40 PM
speaking of people and ideas RW are fond. Yet when you mention their name no one supports them ---
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/10/michele-bachmann-gay-bullying_n_4937510.html

Look back a few weeks ago to a threaed where the fist shakers were seeing the threat of the LGBT masses

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

As to Joe Biden - he has dismantled the two VP candidates in debates and ruined the brand of Rudy Giuliani- who at the time was the presumptive (R) POTUS candidate. And on the big stage was right on the threats in Afghanistan . Seems since his MTP gaffe on Gay Marriage if I'm not wrong the needle has moved. No, not moved has caused a seizmic shift in the politics of Gay Rights. To the point of where Rep Bachmann and Bedell are all a fist shakin and seeing pink behind every rock
A lot of "new analysts" are "news analysts" by underestimating Joe

zitothebrave
03-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Biden never learns because he's just simply not that smart. People give him a pass because he's an old well dressed white liberal man. They just say, "'Oh, that's just Biden being Biden." while constantly telling us Palin is an idiot. This isn't a compliment to Palin, but it is what it is. Biden finished bottom of his class at mediocre schools.

Biden isn't particularly smart. I don't think anyone claims otherwise. People laugh at Biden though, laugh at Palin and you're a sexist.

mossy
03-10-2014, 11:03 PM
I've never understood why Obama picked Biden. Nobody likes the guy, and he generally seems to be a laughing stock.

Conserv's liked Palin far more than libs liked Biden, if my impressions are correct.

Palin was too outspoken and divisive in my opinion. Perhaps she's improved, but I avoid any story about her as a rule. I just don't like her style.

zitothebrave
03-10-2014, 11:17 PM
I've never understood why Obama picked Biden. Nobody likes the guy, and he generally seems to be a laughing stock.

Conserv's liked Palin far more than libs liked Biden, if my impressions are correct.

Palin was too outspoken and divisive in my opinion. Perhaps she's improved, but I avoid any story about her as a rule. I just don't like her style.

Biden is a safe folksy white person. Draws better than female liberal hilary or anyone else Obama could have named. VP choices no a days are about solidifying something. Ryan was to counter how stiff Mitt came off, Palin was to counteract old McCain, Dick Cheney was there because we needed more evil robots in higher government.

weso1
03-11-2014, 01:31 AM

That's fair, but the question remains as to why does Biden get a pass and Palin doesn't in regards to intelligence? Both are questionable intelligence wise, yet the Palin detractors bird walked to the voting both to vote for Biden for VP. It's kind of similar to the Palin debate about experience. They grumped about Palin's experience as a politician and then... I'll just say it... bird walked into that voting both and pushed the button for Obama, who had questionable experience as well. It would be nice to see some consistency in these arguments.

Gary82
03-11-2014, 01:47 AM
That's fair, but the question remains as to why does Biden get a pass and Palin doesn't in regards to intelligence? Both are questionable intelligence wise, yet the Palin detractors bird walked to the voting both to vote for Biden for VP. It's kind of similar to the Palin debate about experience. They grumped about Palin's experience as a politician and then... I'll just say it... bird walked into that voting both and pushed the button for Obama, who had questionable experience as well. It would be nice to see some consistency in these arguments.

My guesses:

Because Palin is a meanie, and Joe is just a dumbass goofball. I'm sure Joe is a bastard like Palin, but public perception and stuff.

Obama spoke out against the war, and he was a Harvard grad. Palin lived near Russia.

weso1
03-11-2014, 02:03 AM
My guesses:

Because Palin is a meanie, and Joe is just a dumbass goofball. I'm sure Joe is a bastard like Palin, but public perception and stuff.

Obama spoke out against the war, and he was a Harvard grad. Palin lived near Russia.

Biden is a white well dressed male politician. Hell, I bet if you took a poll you'd find folks think Biden is as smart or smarter than Hillary. So it's not just political here.

I agree with you about perception, but jpx complained about our motivations in regard to elections (rightfully so) and yet I bet he walked into that voting both and voted for an under educated VP and an inexperience president. Why? Because he rationalized it all away like we all do. Hell, let's be honest... there isn't a politician capable of winning any of us really want to vote for. We pull the trigger because we feel it's our duty or because we want our team to win a sporting event. In the end we're all just riding the wave.

Gary82
03-11-2014, 02:14 AM
Biden is a white well dressed male politician. Hell, I bet if you took a poll you'd find folks think Biden is as smart or smarter than Hillary. So it's not just political here.

I agree with you about perception, but jpx complained about our motivations in regard to elections (rightfully so) and yet I bet he walked into that voting both and voted for an under educated VP and an inexperience president. Why? Because he rationalized it all away like we all do. Hell, let's be honest... there isn't a politician capable of winning any of us really want to vote for. We pull the trigger because we feel it's our duty or because we want our team to win a sporting event. In the end we're all just riding the wave.

Everyone has their own reasons why they vote. I was willing to vote for an inexperienced community organizing lawyer and a man with too many hairplugs because he said things I agreed with and fell more along the lines of my beliefs than the other guys. I was sick of war and nauseous of the conservative views on economics.

Now, have we entered a golden age of blowjobs? No, sir. But, I believe the alternative would have been worse. Of course, who the **** knows. As you age, you realize no one knows what the **** they're talking about or what the hell they're doing.

50PoundHead
03-11-2014, 06:47 AM

Biden finished law school and got the degree, which to me doesn't mean that much but to the guy on the street it translates to "He's a lawyer! Gotta be smart to do that." With apologies to smart lawyers, I can honestly say that some of the dumbest people I know are lawyers. Not stupid, but flat out dumb. Tone deaf. I think that's Biden in a nutshell. I think Obama picked him because he was an establishment guy.

I just don't buy (and never will) the comparison on the relative inexperience of Palin and Obama as any kind of equivalence.

I've watched politicians for a living. As much as I disagree with Michelle Bachmann on just about everything, if you want to talk about the construction of a career out of relatively nothing, follow hers. She worked with a very small conservative activist group railing against Minnesota's state education policy in church basements and turned herself into a national celebrity in about ten years and she wasn't tapped on the shoulder, she built it herself (and has p*ssed a lot of her former allies off in the process). I always laugh when Bachmann would deride Obama as a community organizer because Bachmann is the best community organizer I have ever seen.

Palin was tapped on the shoulder. She was a conservative blank slate and a very calculated choice by the McCain team. Physically attractive and non-threatening, her presence filled a couple of gaps that the McCain team felt it had. I'm not going to say she lacks native intelligence, although it appears that she does. She was thrust into the spotlight and there was a lot of catching up for her to do on a broad range of issues. Her views lack a sophistication that many have come to expect but that could be due to lack of exposure to subject matter as much as anything else. I just don't see any intellectual curiosity in her (which some conservatives like) and intellectual curiosity almost defines Obama completely (to the point where it does compromise his leadership abilities).

weso1
03-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I think on paper we had 4 people that in no way should have been elected President/VP. Our choices were pretty terrible in 2008. Obama clearly lacked experience and Biden lacked smarts in regards to being President. Palin lacked experience and smarts and McCain lacked smarts. Just looking at the resumes and it's really a head scratcher.

Just as a quick aside. I really think the dems might have blown it in 2008. They should have nominated Hillary to go up against McCain. They would've likely had 8 years of Hillary and then an experienced Obama would be tough to beat in 2016. While Hillary is the favorite right now, I think we all agree that she isn't near as good of a politician as Obama. Hillary is going up against a tough pub field in 16. Whoever comes out of that field will be tough to beat in 16. I think the dems would like their chances better if Obama was the candidate for 16. We'll see what happens.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Wes, I think you're giving too much credit to the GOP field.

There's nothing abuot Christie, Jeb, Paul, Cruz, Rubio that scare me when up against Hillary.

No way Jeb gets nominated after 3 Bush fatigued terms. Christie has a lot on his plate in addition to not being liked by the establishment. Paul is nothing like his dad, when he starts pretending to be a libertarian and say end the wars, he's going to get boo'd at the GOP debates like his dad did. Cruz is an extremist. I think if Obamacare turns out to be successful by 2016, people are going toattack Cruz for that side show he did on the senate floor. Rubio is too green. Just watch the modern day watergate scandal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ZxJVnM5Gs

57Brave
03-11-2014, 03:07 PM
And the Hits just keep on coming
/////

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/jindal-shifts-gears-free-speech

Jindal said. “This is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views.”

At least, that’s what Jindal thought when the controversy was over bigotry from a television personality. The governor’s take on free speech is different now.

MoveOn and Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La.) are locked in a fight over ObamaCare, billboards and free speech.

Louisiana’s lieutenant governor has issued a cease-and-desist order to MoveOn, arguing the liberal group is improperly using Louisiana’s “Pick your passion” tourism slogan to slam Jindal’s refusal to accept an expansion of Medicaid.

The liberal group’s billboard in Baton Rouge reads: “Louisiana! Pick your passion! But hope you don’t love your health. Gov. Jindal is denying Medicaid to 242,000 people.”

As the Jindal administration sees it, when a television network suspends an employee, it’s an outrageous First Amendment violation, but when the government tries to restrict political speech on a billboard, that’s fine.

Hmm.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 03:24 PM
:sleeping:

57Brave
03-11-2014, 04:16 PM
.I thought jindal was your boy!!!
Then he went on TV and impersonated a charactor on 30 Rock.

Wow, not counting Jack Donaghey -------- that makes 2 (R) Presidential wannabes impersonating characters from 30 Rock.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 04:23 PM
What's 30 Rock?

Do you ever get tired of being an arsehole? You know in private messages you are a nice guy - I enjoy those exchanges. But then you post and it's like you can never avoid it.

57Brave
03-11-2014, 04:42 PM
C'mon man Z started a thread about something near and dear to you and your shirts. Then, all you wanna talk about is me.

I'm confused!!!

Who else you want to talk about -- Tim Pawlenty or that actor that played a DA who had a short stint as presumptive (R) POTUS candidate. Hey, here is something we can agree on --- Rudy Giulliani.

Face the facts --- Progressive ( or Liberals if you prefer ) will continue to win national and state (those states with low divorce rates, high education levels, and states that pay the most in taxes) elections as long as the alternative is propping up candidates like Palin,Jindal,Christie,Paul,Ryan,Cruz or even Jeb Bush. Because between all of them there is not one policy they advocate that is supported by anyone that a) doesn't still think Hillary or Bill killed Vince Foster b) FDR wasn't the anti Christ c) still questions late at night wheter Barack is a closet Muslim (d) supect omney really won or (e) doesn't resent JFK could get any woman he wanted. That my friend is the static 35% wearing the shirts you so enthusiasticlly defend.

Bedell, She is Sarah Palin for the sake of Pete. She is not now and never was meant to be taken seriously.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I guess you don't.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't see anyone in the current crop that could realistically battle Hillary other than Rand.

Problem with Rand is he won't make it past the primaries when he speaks of non-intervention. Crowd is going to boo him off the stage. Oh and when Rand proposes defense cuts, not gonna go too well.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Is Hildabeast going to make it though - brain problems and all?

And she's putting on weight…

And those wrinkles…

Oh, my.

Course she does have the 1st woman POTUS thing going for her and the lesbian rumors. And I'm sure she'll have big insurance and big bank and the industrial military complex and big universities and Hollywood and… all behind her.

^^^I'm trying to take lessons from you guys. How am I doing?

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 04:56 PM

The only thing the GOP will continue to talk about is Benghazi. They will stay on it for 2 years, and when people get fed up with it, she's going to win.

Krgrecw
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
So this thread is all about liberal deflection? Talk **** about someone who was a governor years ago and say nasty things about her but we're not going to mention the president or anything that's happening now?

I imagine not one of us would complain if our wives looked like Palin does at her age and with as many kids as she has. Maybe the liberal media started ****ting on Sarah Palin because they think she's a threat. After all psychology tells us that we talk **** about And belittle others because we are jealous of them or see them as a threat.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:01 PM
So this thread is all about liberal deflection? Talk **** about someone who was a governor years ago and say nasty things about her but we're not going to mention the president or anything that's happening now?

I imagine not one of us would complain if our wives looked like Palin does at her age and with as many kids as she has. Maybe the liberal media started ****ting on Sarah Palin because they think she's a threat. After all psychology tells us that we talk **** about And belittle others because we are jealous of them or see them as a threat.

Hang on there. It was Bedell that kept bringing her up.

Nobody ont he left thinks Palin is a threat. I want her to get nominated, because it means blowout election for whoever is wearing (D). Funny how conservatives chastised Obama for not finishing his Senate term, when Palin quit her executive job 3/4 of the way.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:02 PM

And she's putting on weight…

And those wrinkles…

Oh, my.

Course she does have the 1st woman POTUS thing going for her and the lesbian rumors. And I'm sure she'll have big insurance and big bank and the industrial military complex and big universities and Hollywood and… all behind her.

^^^I'm trying to take lessons from you guys. How am I doing?

Don't want the rest of my post to be missed.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:03 PM
The only thing the GOP will continue to talk about is Benghazi. They will stay on it for 2 years, and when people get fed up with it, she's going to win.

But what about those health concerns Sav. What if she should take another tumble?

Krgrecw
03-11-2014, 05:04 PM

Why don't liberals care about Benghazi?

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:05 PM
But what about those health concerns Sav. What if she should take another tumble?

Then you'll have plenty of fun with Joe B at the helm.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:06 PM

It's a non-scandal. Being ignorant to requests is not the same as leaving people out there on purpose to die. Judgement call in error.

Obama or Hillary didn't tell those people to go out and die.

Did you see any major liberals going after GW Bush for failing to protect us from 9/11?

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Then you'll have plenty of fun with Joe B at the helm.

Scary thought. Don't y'all have a better bench than that?

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:07 PM

K, it's never a scandal when it's their folks. Haven't you learned that already?

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:08 PM
It's a non-scandal. Being ignorant to requests is not the same as leaving people out there on purpose to die. Judgement call in error.

Obama or Hillary didn't tell those people to go out and die.

Did you see any major liberals going after GW Bush for failing to protect us from 9/11?

See what I mean?

Krgrecw
03-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Hang on there. It was Bedell that kept bringing her up.

Nobody ont he left thinks Palin is a threat. I want her to get nominated, because it means blowout election for whoever is wearing (D). Funny how conservatives chastised Obama for not finishing his Senate term, when Palin quit her executive job 3/4 of the way.

Wait. A good looking women with values and was a governor is not a threat to the liberal party? I can't think of any lady on the left that rivals Palin. Hillary is where she is due to Bill. So what Liberal lady has the popularity of palin?

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:12 PM

Nah. We haven't wasted the last 6 years trying to develop a new Prince to be King.

It's hilarious how Jindal was the Obama equivalent in 2009. The exotic choice to be the new guy. Then people found out how boring and bland Jindal was. Then Marco Rubio was the new flavor of the month. Look at this Cuban guy! He shows diversity in our party! He will be the savior for us in 2012. Welp that didn't work. Palin was the new person that was going to save the Tea Party and GOP in 2012. That didnt' work, she was doing better and selling her brand than actually being a politician. Had a book and a few reality shows, in addition to doing softball interviews exclusively on Fox News.

Then Ted Cruz comes out of nowhere and the GOP loves him. The extremist stays at the podium for a day, and does so to strengthen his brand not because he cares about repealing something he knows wont' get repealed. Good for him to build up the propaganda so when the debates come next year, he can say "Look guys, I stood at that podium for a full day trying to repeal something I know wouldn't".

Rand comes out and people think he's going to be like his dad. Nope. If he's anything like his dad comes primary time he will get boo'd like his dad for taking "weak" positions on policies.

Bachmann is going to be gone, as if she had any chance.

Mr. Big Spending Turtleneck Vest Santorum might run again, he's insane too.

Krgrecw
03-11-2014, 05:13 PM
See what I mean?

Aside from the dead Americans that were never helped. The counselor in charge asked for more security which never came. The administration blamed it on a stupid video when they knew it was terrorism all along. The people in the know shut up or changed Thier stories when they get before congress and the best of all
Hillary's 'what difference does it make'

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:13 PM
K, it's never a scandal when it's their folks. Haven't you learned that already?

Right. That's exactly what is is. A scandal, because Obama and Hillary personally messaged the people at the embassy and told them to die.

Where was the right's megaphone on the Scooter Libby stuff? Never heard anybody criticize Dick Cheney.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Wait. A good looking women with values and was a governor is not a threat to the liberal party? I can't think of any lady on the left that rivals Palin. Hillary is where she is due to Bill. So what Liberal lady has the popularity of palin?

Good looking is only going to go so far until she starts speaking at the microphone again. She is the equivalent of a gaffe machine to Biden, she just doesn't have the years in public service as Biden.

It's sad when Palin has to play the see I was right on Ukraine thing from 5 years ago. Very likely she knew nothing about Ukraine beforehand, as it was fed to her by McCain's staff. Conservatives are all supporting Palin for something she likely had no actual knowledge about.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Nah. We haven't wasted the last 6 years trying to develop a new Prince to be King.

It's hilarious how Jindal was the Obama equivalent in 2009. The exotic choice to be the new guy. Then people found out how boring and bland Jindal was. Then Marco Rubio was the new flavor of the month. Look at this Cuban guy! He shows diversity in our party! He will be the savior for us in 2012. Welp that didn't work. Palin was the new person that was going to save the Tea Party and GOP in 2012. That didnt' work, she was doing better and selling her brand than actually being a politician. Had a book and a few reality shows, in addition to doing softball interviews exclusively on Fox News.

Then Ted Cruz comes out of nowhere and the GOP loves him. The extremist stays at the podium for a day, and does so to strengthen his brand not because he cares about repealing something he knows wont' get repealed. Good for him to build up the propaganda so when the debates come next year, he can say "Look guys, I stood at that podium for a full day trying to repeal something I know wouldn't".

Rand comes out and people think he's going to be like his dad. Nope. If he's anything like his dad comes primary time he will get boo'd like his dad for taking "weak" positions on policies.

Bachmann is going to be gone, as if she had any chance.

Mr. Big Spending Turtleneck Vest Santorum might run again, he's insane too.

Well, let's hope those rumored brain-health problems are all wrong.

Sav, you are such a homer. I mean it's like you want to be 57's mini-me. Asking you guys to take off your Moveon.org glasses for a moment and try to give a reasonable response is getting pretty futile.

But how about O'Malley? Or that young Hispanic mayor from TX y'all had at the convention? Don't y'all have some decent potential candidate other than Biden? If for no other reason, you'll need a good Veep.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Right. That's exactly what is is. A scandal, because Obama and Hillary personally messaged the people at the embassy and told them to die.

Where was the right's megaphone on the Scooter Libby stuff? Never heard anybody criticize Dick Cheney.

Never heard anybody criticize Cheney? There's just something about that statement I don't understand.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Well, let's hope those rumored brain-health problems are all wrong.

Sav, you are such a homer. I mean it's like you want to be 57's mini-me. Asking you guys to take off your Moveon.org glasses for a moment and try to give a reasonable response is getting pretty futile.

But how about O'Malley? Or that young Hispanic mayor from TX y'all had at the convention? Don't y'all have some decent potential candidate other than Biden? If for no other reason, you'll need a good Veep.

Not a homer, I just despise the GOP's war on intelligence.

And last I checked, aren't all Tea Partiers homers who refuse to take anything from the other side seriously?

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Never heard anybody criticize Cheney? There's just something about that statement I don't understand.

Cheney is beloved by the Tea Party and Conservatives.

It's the neo-con thing.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Not a homer, I just despise the GOP's war on intelligence.

And last I checked, aren't all Tea Partiers homers who refuse to take anything from the other side seriously?

Sure you are. And sure they are homers. Surely you want to be better than them? Don't you? I mean they are icky and all. Belong in the stone age. Bunch of inbreeds. You know the routine.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Cheney is beloved by the Tea Party and Conservatives.

It's the neo-con thing.

Wide-brush there.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Sure you are. And sure they are homers. Surely you want to be better than them? Don't you? I mean they are icky and all. Belong in the stone age. Bunch of inbreeds. You know the routine.

Bedell you pretend to be fair and not be a homer when you clearly you are.

So let's not get into the homer talk.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Bedell you pretend to be fair and not be a homer when you clearly you are.

So let's not get into the homer talk.

Ah, why not?

Sure I lean to the right. But you know on a rare occasion I can criticize my side of the aisle, lament our idiocies, compliment or say I agree with someone on the other side of the aisle, etc. Not as much I probably should.

But anyway, who's on y'all's Veep list?

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Ah, why not?

Sure I lean to the right. But you know on a rare occasion I can criticize my side of the aisle, lament our idiocies, compliment or say I agree with someone on the other side of the aisle, etc. Not as much I probably should.

But anyway, who's on y'all's Veep list?

So I've never criticized the left before? Interesting.

I'd actually rather Hilldog not run, but she probably has the best chance of preventing the white house from falling into (R).

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Must of not stood out to me when you did. Sorry about that.

Now, who is on y'all's bench?

zitothebrave
03-11-2014, 08:47 PM

No, no one has anything better than the turds that we have.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 08:57 PM
I just figured that the progressives who know the R bench so well would at least tell me a little bit about their bench.

weso1
03-11-2014, 09:00 PM
I just figured that the progressives who know the R bench so well would at least tell me a little bit about their bench.

They don't need a good bench because they're running the inevitable winner in 2016 who was also the inevitable winner in 2008.

zitothebrave
03-11-2014, 09:02 PM

They all suck. Though Corey Booker is the next Obama

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Finally a name to throw crap at!! A lesbian POTUS and a gay Veep. Sweet. ;-)

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 09:19 PM
How about Gillibrand? Or O'Malley? Or Satan, I mean Cuomo? Hickenlooper? Kaine? Warner?

zitothebrave
03-11-2014, 09:21 PM
How about Gillibrand? Or O'Malley? Or Satan, I mean Cuomo?

No one like Cuomo.

Booker has a strongt street rep before even getting on the National Political Stage.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 09:23 PM
No one like Cuomo.

Booker has a strongt street rep before even getting on the National Political Stage.

Satan likes him.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 09:35 PM
http://thedailybanter.com/2013/05/13-benghazis-that-occurred-on-bushs-watch-without-a-peep-from-fox-news/

October 28, 2002 - 60 year old American diplomat Lawrence Foley is shot to death by Al Qaeda terrorists outside his home in Amman. Foley was supervisory director of the USAID program in Jordan. Foley's assassination was part of a spate of Al Qaeda attacks in the fall of 2002 also including the Bali bombing (which killed over 200 including seven Americans) and the death of an American Marine in Kuwait. The Pentagon drew up plans to attack and kill the terrorists who ordered the Foley assassination, but the Bush administration quashed it because they believed it would have distracted from the coming invasion of Iraq.

October 15, 2003 - Three American State Department personnel are killed when a roadside bombing strikes their armored vehicle in Gaza. A Syrian-sponsored Palestinian terror group, the Popular Resistance Committee, takes reponsibility. No American retaliation takes place.

January 1, 2008 - American USAID diplomat John Granville, being driven home from a New Year's Eve party at the British Embassy, is ambushed and killed along with his Sudanese driver by jihadist militants in Khartoum, Sudan. Not until Obama came into office were rewards of up to $5 million offered for capturing those responsible.
So thats five more American diplomats killed by terrorists on Bush's watch...none of which were tied with thousands of hours of ensuing wall-to-wall TV coverage on Foxnews or endlessly redundant Congressional hearings.

goldfly
03-11-2014, 09:48 PM
i hear i make fun of Palin cause she is a woman

or to go fox news on it

"some sources say.."

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Looks like you guys fell down on your job. Course the war was a distraction for you. I'll grant you that. I'll also grant you that serious follow-up should have been given to the incidents particularly in Pakistan and Yemen.

I think in part, the Benghazi incident, became big news due to: 1. An ambassador was drug thru the street, 2. there was a significant time frame for how the attack unfolded, 3. it came from within the area of the side we allied with in the Libyan conflict. Oh, and 4. the stupid "it was this video" deal.

Now, how about y'all's bench? I keep asking you and you've got no comment. What's up with that?

Gary82
03-11-2014, 10:06 PM
I like Elizabeth Warren. I don't know how much of a politician she is, though.

BedellBrave
03-11-2014, 10:09 PM
I like Elizabeth Warren. I don't know how much of a politician she is, though.

I actually respect her, though I'm not a part of her tribe.

The Chosen One
03-12-2014, 09:06 AM
I think on paper we had 4 people that in no way should have been elected President/VP. Our choices were pretty terrible in 2008. Obama clearly lacked experience and Biden lacked smarts in regards to being President. Palin lacked experience and smarts and McCain lacked smarts. Just looking at the resumes and it's really a head scratcher.

Just as a quick aside. I really think the dems might have blown it in 2008. They should have nominated Hillary to go up against McCain. They would've likely had 8 years of Hillary and then an experienced Obama would be tough to beat in 2016. While Hillary is the favorite right now, I think we all agree that she isn't near as good of a politician as Obama. Hillary is going up against a tough pub field in 16. Whoever comes out of that field will be tough to beat in 16. I think the dems would like their chances better if Obama was the candidate for 16. We'll see what happens.

Part of Obama's charm was he wasn't establishment only spending 3 years in the Senate. That's why many fell in love with Palin too because she wasn't establishment Washington.

"Experienced" Obama would have spent likely 2 senate terms in Washington which would then make him an establishment candidate.

mossy
03-13-2014, 12:35 AM

To be honest, one reason I held Palin to a different standard is that I knew I wouldn't be voting for Obama. Therefore I didn't really pay much attention to Biden. I really thought McCain would be a respectable president, and given Palins somewhat odd behavior at times, I resented her for being so mouthy.

Also, to be honest again.....For some reason it's just so much easier to be critical of the conservative side. Living in Oregon the last 10 years in a conservative community has helped dim that a little bit. Perhaps my utter disdain for Fox News and their willingness to give her airtime hasn't helped.

I suppose that means I do give Biden a free pass. Not because he deserves it, but because I wrote him and his running mate off very early in the game.

It's not easy to change your thinking. I grew up 20 some good years in moderately liberal areas. It just comes easy to be critical of the side I have a hard time liking.

So yeah...I'm biased Weso. You've known that for years. :)

AerchAngel
03-13-2014, 09:06 AM
You all still talking about this dimwit. Incredible.

As soon as lame brain was slotted for VP with McSame, I cringed, since my person couldn't even beat out a con-artist. Yay to the 96% black vote, my grandparents got their wish before they passed away so that is one good thing.

The Chosen One
03-13-2014, 09:07 AM
You all still talking about this dimwit. Incredible.

As soon as lame brain was slotted for VP with McSame, I cringed, since my person couldn't even beat out a con-artist. Yay to the 96% black vote, my grandparents got their wish before they passed away so that is one good thing.

This might be the only thing we've ever agreed on.

Good luck convincing Bedell that Palin is a dimwit.

AerchAngel
03-13-2014, 09:12 AM

I think he know she is but on the other hand you all making it seem she is the caricature of the Republican Party and she isn't.

The Chosen One
03-13-2014, 09:14 AM
I think he know she is but on the other hand you all making it seem she is the caricature of the Republican Party and she isn't.

She's extremely popular with the base. Probably the most popular politician for the base right now.

AerchAngel
03-13-2014, 09:27 AM
She's extremely popular with the base. Probably the most popular politician for the base right now.

The base is so small and insignificant. There are ton of Republicans were I am at, they don't like Palin at all and did the dreaded, why her when McSame picked her.

You want the base to popular with her but they aren't stupid. She is a Fox News plant and if anyone believes the crap they put out or listen to their shows need to look no further what is wrong with their party. MSNBC is on par or worse on the coverups and deflecting and you have to be a lame brain to watch that crap as well.

There is only a few radio personalities I would listen to, one is Jerry Doyle (His acting was fantastic) and Ingraham (radio not TV).

Palin is a bulls eye for ridicule just like fake teeth Biden, who looks like that pedo from Penn State.

The Chosen One
03-13-2014, 09:30 AM
The base is so small and insignificant. There are ton of Republicans were I am at, they don't like Palin at all and did the dreaded, why her when McSame picked her.

You want the base to popular with her but they aren't stupid. She is a Fox News plant and if anyone believes the crap they put out or listen to their shows need to look no further what is wrong with their party. MSNBC is on par or worse on the coverups and deflecting and you have to be a lame brain to watch that crap as well.

There is only a few radio personalities I would listen to, one is Jerry Doyle (His acting was fantastic) and Ingraham (radio not TV).

Palin is a bulls eye for ridicule just like fake teeth Biden, who looks like that pedo from Penn State.

Well the base isn't nominating idiots like her, but they almost got Santorum in.

AerchAngel
03-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Well the base isn't nominating idiots like her, but they almost got Santorum in.

I couldn't tell which one is worst. Throw Bachmann in there and you have the Three Blind Musketeers.

The Chosen One
03-13-2014, 09:42 AM
I couldn't tell which one is worst. Throw Bachmann in there and you have the Three Blind Musketeers.

This is what Preibus wants, and it's also why Michael Steele didn't get re-elected for GOP Chairman.

Steele didn't want to go to the extreme of the Tea Party and obstruct everything. Preibus is no compromise.

BedellBrave
03-13-2014, 12:16 PM

Cute. Why does he need to convince me? Stop your trolling.

BedellBrave
03-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh Sav, have you learned anything yet about y'all's potential Vice-Presidents?

Runnin
03-13-2014, 08:54 PM
I think Hillary should ask Sarah Palin to be running mate.

BedellBrave
03-13-2014, 09:17 PM
http://petitdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Mass-Dog-Vaccination-to-Eradicate-Rabies-295x295.jpg

Oklahomahawk
03-13-2014, 09:22 PM
(Best Bill Murray voice from Ghostbusters) OK, so........she's a dog.

Runnin
03-13-2014, 10:55 PM
http://petitdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Mass-Dog-Vaccination-to-Eradicate-Rabies-295x295.jpg
That dog needs a little lipstick.

Gary82
03-13-2014, 11:03 PM

She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and because she sleeps above her covers. Four feet above her covers! She barks, she drools, she claws...

BedellBrave
03-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Just thought I'd spare 57 or one of his boys from being the first to do that following the mention of Palin and all. :eusa_dance:

Oklahomahawk
03-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Just thought I'd spare 57 or one of his boys from being the first to do that following the mention of Palin and all. :eusa_dance:

You're thoughtful and considerate to the core Bedell!!!

Oklahomahawk
03-14-2014, 07:05 AM
She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and because she sleeps above her covers. Four feet above her covers! She barks, she drools, she claws...

(Sigourney Weaver's character): Do you want this body?
Bill Murray: Is this a trick question?

Bill Murray: I make it a rule never to get involved with possessed people.
Sigourney Weaver kisses Bill Murray
Bill Murray: Actually it's more of a guideline than a rule.

BedellBrave
03-14-2014, 09:55 AM
You're thoughtful and considerate to the core Bedell!!!

I try to be friend, I try to be.