PDA

View Full Version : The Great State of Mississippi

The Chosen One
04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/04/01/mississippi-passes-arizona-style-religious-freedom-bill/

Biggest moocher of federal money: Check.
Least amount of money contributed to the Union: Check
Rated "Most Religious" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Most Conservative" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Worst Educated" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Worst Health" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Highest Obesity" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Worst Economy" State in the Union: Check

Of all the problems the state has right now, this is one of their bigger priorities.

AerchAngel
04-04-2014, 06:47 AM
I think we should deport all the moochers to this state......and the illegals as well.

It is a cesspool of a state.

Now the religious thing, well it's in the Constitution and that is far as they need to go but any thing over the top should be barred.

Krgrecw
04-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Also has the highest percentage of blacks and is the least educated state. Can't imagine a liberal would leave those two facts out to spin an argument.

It's not the most consevative state. Not by far.

Tapate50
04-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Been there many times. It is like traveling back in time.

zitothebrave
04-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Also has the highest percentage of blacks and is the least educated state. Can't imagine a liberal would leave those two facts out to spin an argument.

It's not the most consevative state. Not by far.

I'm pretty sure SAV put worst educated. The point of his thing is that Mississippi should focus on things other than non-real religious persecution.

AerchAngel
04-04-2014, 09:13 AM
most Conservative but has the most blacks?

SMH

Krgrecw
04-04-2014, 09:19 AM
That's why it's not the most consevative. A google will tell you Wyoming is the most consevative.

Tapate50
04-04-2014, 09:46 AM
most Conservative but has the most blacks?

SMH

Some of the most conservative people there are in the deep south are black. Mississippi is the deep south on steroids.

AerchAngel
04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Some of the most conservative people there are in the deep south are black. Mississippi is the deep south on steroids.

And they vote Democrat.....SMH

Blacks in Mississippi are the most religious as well...and vote Democrat....SMH

Color of the skin does matters when voting, but SteakSauce will tell you otherwise.

Tapate50
04-04-2014, 11:48 AM
And they vote Democrat.....SMH

Blacks in Mississippi are the most religious as well...and vote Democrat....SMH

Color of the skin does matters when voting, but SteakSauce will tell you otherwise.

It does down here. A (r) can't get elected here unless they are black, so everyone runs as (d).

goldfly
04-04-2014, 12:01 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/04/01/mississippi-passes-arizona-style-religious-freedom-bill/

Rated "Worst Educated" State in the Union: C

is the least educated state. Can't imagine a liberal would leave those two facts out to spin an argument.

you're from Mississippi, aren't you?

Krgrecw
04-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Nope. I just didn't read the thread.

Still want to know where Sav got Mississippi is the most conservative state? No way it is. If 37% of your population is black unless the other 63% of whites are all conservative, there's no way that Mississippi is more conservative than a State like Wyoming.

zitothebrave
04-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Nope. I just didn't read the thread.

Still want to know where Sav got Mississippi is the most conservative state? No way it is. If 37% of your population is black unless the other 63% of whites are all conservative, there's no way that Mississippi is more conservative than a State like Wyoming.
According to Gallop Mississippi is the second most conservative state. Big stretch .

cajunrevenge
04-04-2014, 05:22 PM
When they say conservative they really mean racist.

Runnin
04-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Well I'm proud to be from the great state of Mississippi, but smart enough to have left there long ago.

But if you want to learn about a true Mississippi hero from the Civil War, read about Newton Knight and his followers in Jones County who seceded from the Confederacy.

In 1863, after surviving the devastating Battle of Corinth, Newton Knight, a poor farmer from Mississippi, deserted the Confederate Army and began a guerrilla battle against the Confederacy. For two years he and other residents of Jones County engaged in an insurrection that would have repercussions far beyond the scope of the Civil War. In this dramatic account of an almost forgotten chapter of American history, Sally Jenkins and John Stauffer upend the traditional myth of the Confederacy as a heroic and unified Lost Cause, revealing the fractures within Civil-War era Southern society. No man better exemplified these complexities than Newton Knight, a pro-Union sympathizer in the deep South who refused to fight a rich man’s war for slavery and cotton. (http://www.amazon.com/The-State-Jones-Southern-Confederacy/dp/0767929462)

weso1
04-05-2014, 11:52 PM

Biggest moocher of federal money: Check.
Least amount of money contributed to the Union: Check
Rated "Most Religious" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Most Conservative" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Worst Educated" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Worst Health" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Highest Obesity" State in the Union: Check
Rated "Worst Economy" State in the Union: Check

Of all the problems the state has right now, this is one of their bigger priorities.

So basically what you are saying is that the state that houses the most blacks per capita is crappy? See, I told you that you are a fan of the kkk. So the leader of our site is apparently Robert Byrd. Liberal racist.

57Brave
04-08-2014, 11:10 AM
While several states maintain anti-sodomy laws -- including Alabama, Louisiana and Utah -- a November 2013 Public Policy Polling survey found that “Mississippi probably continues to be the most conservative state in the country when it comes to same sex marriage." Only 22 percent of Mississippi voters said they support marriage equality, with 69 percent thinking it should be illegal.

On Thursday, Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed a contentious bill potentially legalizing anti-LGBT discrimination throughout the state under the auspices of religious freedom

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/mississippi-sex-ed_n_5110538.html

cajunrevenge
04-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Marriage equality is misleading. Everyone has the same right to marry the opposite sex.

Oklahomahawk
04-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Marriage equality is misleading. Everyone has the same right to marry the opposite sex.

That's Dem code for "now you can't challenge same sex marriage without being some kind of prick who doesn't agree with us and think all marriages are not only equal but in reality the same (which of course they aren't) ". It's not all that different from how Repubs refer to the uber wealthy as "the job creators" instead of "those insanely greedy c*cksuckers who are literally choking the life out of about 80% of Americans while they arrogantly stroke their own egos and vie to die with the most toys".

See, when you call things what they really are, it definitely puts a different spin on things, doesn't it? :icon_biggrin:

57Brave
04-08-2014, 06:32 PM
No Hawk, it is actually Dem talk for "what's it matter to you and/or who else gives 2 ****s who marries who."
(whom?)

Oklahomahawk
04-08-2014, 06:57 PM
No Hawk, it is actually Dem talk for "what's it matter to you and/or who else gives 2 ****s who marries who."
(whom?)

define "marries"... traiditional religiour marriage, or civil marriage with all the right and privileges of a marriage but without a religious blessing that I don't see how they'd want/care about in the first place.

Call it civil marriage, give anyone those rights and ALL legal privileges that any married couple has and I"ll be 100% for it. Same sex marriage isn't the same as traditional marriage, you can argue it's less than, equal to, or even better than traditional marriage if you want and I'll be fine with that, but it isn't the SAME as traditional marriage. I'm not trying to criticize it, belittle it, or condemn it, I'm just telling you it isn't the same thing and it never will be. Why isn't equal to good enough? I thought "marriage equality" was what you were after, not marriage same-ness.

The Chosen One
04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
define "marries"... traiditional religiour marriage, or civil marriage with all the right and privileges of a marriage but without a religious blessing that I don't see how they'd want/care about in the first place.

Call it civil marriage, give anyone those rights and ALL legal privileges that any married couple has and I"ll be 100% for it. Same sex marriage isn't the same as traditional marriage, you can argue it's less than, equal to, or even better than traditional marriage if you want and I'll be fine with that, but it isn't the SAME as traditional marriage. I'm not trying to criticize it, belittle it, or condemn it, I'm just telling you it isn't the same thing and it never will be. Why isn't equal to good enough? I thought "marriage equality" was what you were after, not marriage same-ness.

Calling it Civil Marriage is being politically correct. Isn't that what the right are against? Being too overly PC?

As far as I know, the LGBT isn't calling for legislation for churches to force them to marry.

57Brave
04-08-2014, 07:11 PM
I don"t understand why people care! If two people want to share their lives -- what's it to me -- I don't feel threatened by it or feel it cheapens the relationship of me and mine. Furthermore, can't understand ...
or why people would go to the trouble to stigmatize someone that sees (or lives) life differently.
Again, what's it to you?

My definition of marriage. No Hawk, that would put me in the dog house for a long long time :)

Krgrecw
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
If gay people want to be as miserable as married straight people, let them

But no one should ever be prosecuted for being anti-gay marriage

sturg33
04-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Calling it Civil Marriage is being politically correct. Isn't that what the right are against? Being too overly PC?

As far as I know, the LGBT isn't calling for legislation for churches to force them to marry.

I suppose not yet... Right now they're working on forcing private businesses to serve their weddings... They'll get there

AerchAngel
04-08-2014, 09:40 PM

This is true and this is my only thing against that "marriage" but forcing people to resign and stuff like that is going overboard. It is a bully mentality and I thought we suppose to curtail bullying.

Oklahomahawk
04-08-2014, 10:01 PM

Yeah, ask me how tight I am with the right... You already know the answer to that one. And if the version I"m recommending isn't equal in every way legally to what you guys are suggesting what's wrong with it? The FACT of the matter is LGBT doesn't want equal, they want it to be the SAME and it just isn't. I've already offered for what little it's worth, to propose an alternative that's equal in every way, but that isn't good enough is it. I've offered several compromises but that isn't good enough either. Once again it isn't enough, because (and you guys know this you just won't admit it) the LGBT wants to make sure their version of marriage is seen as exactly the same as any other form and it just isn't.

Let's be honest with each other about a couple of things. First of all most same sex couples aren't aholes like the LGBT, they're just regular folks in most ways who want to live their lives with the person they love and have a marriage certificate with legal rights such as inheritance rights, insurance, visitation, etc., Offer most of them what I'm suggesting and they're all over it. It's the radicals, the same aholes who inhabit every group you'll ever see, the 1% or 2% who aren't happy being "just as good as" they want to be recognized as being the SAME as they'll use legislation, judicial decisions, violence of their own if given the chance and their favorite weapon of all right now, peer pressure and character assassination. And for any of you who say they won't force churches to marry them at some point in the very near future are you really stupid enough to believe that? I've known most of you for years and I can honestly say no you aren't stupid at all, you're just seeing what you want to see. You want to be politically correct, you want to feel that rush of being progressive and righting old wrongs, and all the touchy-feely crap that goes with it.

The radicals aren't the MLK's of same sex relations. They're the Jesse Jacksons, the Al Sharptons, the (what's the one black dude with the real ratty dreadlocks on video who calls for a race war and to kill all the white people and that it'll take that before there's ever real equality). That's what they want. They want what a group of black girls at ORU of all places told my daughter back in 2008 after Obama was elected the first time around. "Now you white people have to be the slaves". Most black people don't feel that way, but the ones who do can kiss my ass. Most same sex people are just regular folks in everything except who they want to sleep with and live with. I actually have no problem with those people. You may or may not believe this but I actually had a young woman come out in my Geography class yesterday when they did their state presentations, talking about how she wanted to move back to NY state some day so she could get married. I couldn't look her in the face if I felt she didn't deserve rights, but I also can't look her in the fact and lie to her. I would be more than happy to give her equal rights in every way possible, except to call something like marriage between opposite sex the same things as marriage between two same sex people. You can call my compromise form of marriage equal to "regular marriage" and I'll be fine with that. You can give her preference of marriage every single right that "regular marriage" has and I'll be fine with it. I think just as highly of her as a person today as I did the day before yesterday. No more, no less. If there was a way she could live closer to her family and marry the person she loves that's fine with me as well.

Make no mistake though, what she wants I am fine with, what the LGBT wants is revenge for decades or even centuries of ill treatment. They want the same thing Jesse, and Al and the radicals who don't really give 2 sh!ts about other black people except as a means to an end. I'm totally fine with regular gay people, the radical LGBT folks can also kiss my ass. If you think they won't go into every church they can one day when they get the power to do so and force them to marry them then you need to sober the pfark up. These people don't want rights and decency, they want payback. They like having the power to ruin people's lives who dare to disagree with them. They're like a 12 year Al Qaeda recruit when somebody gives him his first rocket launcher for his birthday. He's heard all his life about the evil infidels and he's aching for some payback.

Every semester in American Government class and even in history classes when I can work it in, we talk about Matthew Shepherd in Wyoming and what happened to him and how wrong it was, and how I hope the guys who did that to him (his so-called "friends") get locked up for the rest of their lives, in a prison where just about everybody practices the same type of "sexual preference" that they denied him. I let it be known in no uncertain terms how wrong hate and intolerance are and how everybody deserves tolerance and respect.

Oh but I'm the neanderthal here, right, I forget. My bad...

Go ahead and support the radicals, who claim to work in the name of regular folks but only care about their own power trips. Watch while they do all the things I've said they're going to do, watch while they also get legislation passed so that pastors can't preach against sin without carefully leaving theirs out. You all know how many times I've pointed out all sins as bad and wondering why so many Christians ignore many of them to point an accusing finger at gays, you've heard me say that sin is sin, no matter who does it, no more no less. Watch as the LGBT gets the power to have all negative preaching or just speech in general labeled as "hate speech" and therefore made illegal. They'll be tracking down and imprisoning pastors who dare to say anything they don't want to hear. Who knows where their payback driven power trips will end? I'm sure you'll recognize them then though and fight back when other people's free speech rights are threatened. Yeah right!!! LOL

Go ahead and brand me whatever you feel like, I'm not the enemy, but I am also not a pushover for bullies. I guess you by now what they can kiss, right???

AerchAngel
04-08-2014, 10:37 PM
If you think they won't go into every church they can one day when they get the power to do so and force them to marry them then you need to sober the pfark up. These people don't want rights and decency, they want payback.

There is not enough thanks for me to give you for that line right there. This is their agenda. I am fine with everything else they want but making the churches marry you by bullying and what not, I don't think the Man upstairs will like that when it is written what a marriage is really is. When Judgement Day come and Peter is at the gates, he would just nod his head and pull the lever.....<grin>

This is referring to gays who push the button with bullying and destroying people lives ut those who carry Gods wishes and repent and have no ill will would be welcome like the church has declared. Just making that point.

The Chosen One
04-08-2014, 10:46 PM
AA you've taken a liberal position on this. Those more extreme than you on the right don't even want Civil Marriage. They were the ones proposing Constitutional Amendments to ban it or indirectly ban it!

I mean Bachmann was talking about it at the 2012 debates and the other sheep didn't disagree. Only Ron Paul says states rights yadda yadda. This is not a states' rights issue but a national one.

Krgrecw
04-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Obama was against gay marriage a couple of years ago don't forget.

The Chosen One
04-08-2014, 11:37 PM
And it "evolved".

Much like the Republican Party "evolved" on being "fiscal conservatives" once Obama got into office.

Even if he did change his opinion, he's in the right now.

AerchAngel
04-09-2014, 07:40 AM
AA you've taken a liberal position on this. Those more extreme than you on the right don't even want Civil Marriage. They were the ones proposing Constitutional Amendments to ban it or indirectly ban it!

I mean Bachmann was talking about it at the 2012 debates and the other sheep didn't disagree. Only Ron Paul says states rights yadda yadda. This is not a states' rights issue but a national one.

I wouldn't say that per se, when you do the Liberal/Conservative thingy test, I am right in the middle toward Libertarian. My angst is against stupidity shown by both sides.

I just want them to take religion out of the equation. Only a few outliers (cult) churches would do the ceremony but they all will welcome gays into the church. They might not approve of what they are doing if they are physical (biblically speaking) but they do know what is behind closed doors is between them and the man upstairs. I do not care what you do behind closed doors, again it is up to you and one that watches you, I am not a judge.

zitothebrave
04-09-2014, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't say that per se, when you do the Liberal/Conservative thingy test, I am right in the middle toward Libertarian. My angst is against stupidity shown by both sides.

I just want them to take religion out of the equation. Only a few outliers (cult) churches would do the ceremony but they all will welcome gays into the church. They might not approve of what they are doing if they are physical (biblically speaking) but they do know what is behind closed doors is between them and the man upstairs. I do not care what you do behind closed doors, again it is up to you and one that watches you, I am not a judge.

Way to make God sound like a perv

AerchAngel
04-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Way to make God sound like a perv

:icwudt:

sturg33
04-09-2014, 08:40 AM

Why do you feel the government needs to be involved at all?

zitothebrave
04-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Why do you feel the government needs to be involved at all?

Well I know this isn't your stance because you'd abolish the income tax. But when married folk are given different tax advantages than single folk it is a national issue.

sturg33
04-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Well I know this isn't your stance because you'd abolish the income tax. But when married folk are given different tax advantages than single folk it is a national issue.

But if the issue is to get tax breaks, why is there an objection to a civil union from the LGBT crowd?

Hell, I'd be fine with calling man/woman marriages "civil unions" and let the church call it a marriage.

zitothebrave
04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
But if the issue is to get tax breaks, why is there an objection to a civil union from the LGBT crowd?

Hell, I'd be fine with calling man/woman marriages "civil unions" and let the church call it a marriage.

Which is something I recommended years and years ago.

AerchAngel
04-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Which is something I recommended years and years ago.

LGBT crowd will spit on you if that is the case. They want everything. They want everyone to submit to them, accept them, there is no other, especially the church. Why?

Not everyone accepts me and I am fine with that, why can't they strong enough within themselves to accept who they are and not force anyone to it. I don't try it and it never occurred to me to bend someone else will.

And I do agree with you and Sturg on this matter.

sturg33
04-09-2014, 09:10 AM
LGBT crowd will spit on you if that is the case. They want everything. They want everyone to submit to them, accept them, there is no other, especially the church. Why?

Not everyone accepts me and I am fine with that, why can't they strong enough within themselves to accept who they are and not force anyone to it. I don't try it and it never occurred to me to bend someone else will.

This is exactly right. LGBT crowd is completely insane

zitothebrave
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM

I don't think they would reject it. If it was across the board equal not separate but equal.

57Brave
04-09-2014, 09:39 AM
who exactly is the "LGBT Crowd" ??
Who decided that is what to call a group of gays -- It has a certain Limbaughian ring to it.
But hey, no one here supports el Rushbo (the person) but seems to trip over themselves to espouse his every thought and phrase.

This "LGBT Crowd" , Do they have names - faces?
Is it a club with a secret handshake?

Or is it simply a boogey man - just another nameless faceless entity where the fist shakers find an easy target.
If I didn't know better the "LGBT Crowd" is / was responsible for the missing air liner

sturg33
04-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Who decided that is what to call a group of gays -- It has a certain Limbaughian ring to it.
But hey, no one here supports el Rushbo (the person) but seems to trip over themselves to espouse his every thought and phrase.

Or is it simply a boogey man - just another nameless faceless entity where the fist shakers find an easy target.
If I didn't know better the "LGBT Crowd" is / was responsible for the missing air liner

The "LGBT" crowd are the idiots who spray-painted "GAY-M-U" all over a college campus to prove something... that they're insane and more bigoted than anyone they are fighting against

sturg33
04-09-2014, 09:49 AM
According to 57:

LGBT Crowd = "Rushbaughian - a club with a secret handshake"

but,

"Fist Shakers" and "Tea-baggers" ... well that's just calling it like it is.

Of those 3 names, which is the least offensive and degrading?

weso1
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
According to 57:

but,

He should really go to google to seek answers to his questions.

AerchAngel
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM

Google is your friend. I suggest you use it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT)

AerchAngel
04-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I don't think they would reject it. If it was across the board equal not separate but equal.

They have rejected it already. Some even sued churches for not performing ceremonies or the church recognize that they are married by Justice of Peace.

The Catholic church doesn't sanction my marriage because I am not Catholic. Do you think I am going to be mad at them for doing it or my wife and her family, all Catholics, no, they won't, it is not a big deal to them. It is not a big deal for my family (Southern Baptist) either and they don't like the Catholic faith and their teachings.

They want the church to see them as married, that is their goal. Again, why?

57Brave
04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=LGBT+crowd&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

57Brave
04-09-2014, 12:09 PM
According to 57:

but,

You named 4 groups
1) LGBT Crowd
2) Rushbaughian Club
3) Fist Shakers
4) TeaBaggers

Perhaps that explains a HC increase of 79%
just sayin'

sturg33
04-09-2014, 12:22 PM
You named 4 groups
1) LGBT Crowd
2) Rushbaughian Club
3) Fist Shakers
4) TeaBaggers

Perhaps that explains a HC increase of 79%
just sayin'

You're actually a ****ing idiot

AerchAngel
04-09-2014, 01:01 PM
You're actually a ****ing idiot

We knew that from the old board.

The Chosen One
04-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Knock it off.

AerchAngel
04-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Knock it off.

Someone woke up Paddio from his nap.

Krgrecw
04-09-2014, 02:40 PM
I agree with something AA posted a few comments back. The LGBT are going to line up and try to sue and beat ANYONE who disagrees with them.

Cake decorators, chick fila, duck dynasty, Mozilla CEO etc.

I have no doubt they will walk into every church they can find and sue when the church disagrees and won't perform their service.

Jackson and Sharpton are going to have company on the podiums at press conferences. The race baiters are going to be joined by the gay baiters.

The Chosen One
04-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Chick Fil A was 2 years ago... they seem to be doing fine business wise.

Duck Dynasty "controversy" lasted a week, Phil was "suspended" for a month and coincidentally the suspension was lifted the week the new season premiered... so they didn't "win" that fight.

If Chick Fil A went out of business and Duck Dynasty went off the air, I'd agree they're taking it too far but that is certainly not the case here.

The Chosen One
04-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Someone woke up Paddio from his nap.

Personal insults that go too far are universally unaccepted.

AerchAngel
04-10-2014, 06:25 AM
Personal insults that go too far are universally unaccepted.

But it was stupid. I think we all saw that.

I don't think he posted the way he meant. It was too funny.

AerchAngel
04-10-2014, 06:27 AM

Duck Dynasty "controversy" lasted a week, Phil was "suspended" for a month and coincidentally the suspension was lifted the week the new season premiered... so they didn't "win" that fight.

If Chick Fil A went out of business and Duck Dynasty went off the air, I'd agree they're taking it too far but that is certainly not the case here.

Then the question, why go there? Really.

Bending someone to your will is never a good thing, ever.

sturg33
04-10-2014, 06:58 AM

Exactly… Their outrage backfired. I remember how much support folks gave Chick-fil-a in the wake of the LGBT crowd shaking their fists, if you will.

The more they push things like that and Elich, the more people will resent them, IMO

AerchAngel
04-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Exactly… Their outrage backfired. I remember how much support folks gave Chick-fil-a in the wake of the LGBT crowd shaking their fists, if you will.

The more they push things like that and Elich, the more people will resent them, IMO

I see this as well. Ask Farrakhan.

The Chosen One
04-10-2014, 07:58 AM

Every movement requires extremists... without extremists, you don't have moderate followers. Without the Ted Cruz's of the world, you don't have guys like moderate Romney or McCain being nominated.

I just find it head scratching that the "LGBT" crowd is this abhorrent monster getting everyone fired, when just as simple as recent history, Chik Fil A and Duck Dynasty are still standing. As Zito pointed out long ago in another thread, Elich worked for a progressive company with progressive consumers. This wasn't 200 people that got him resigned, I believe it was 70k petitioning if not more. Nobody told him to resign. He resigned because he realized he f'd up.

For somewhat that cares so much about free speech, you should be glad they stood up for something when it came to Chik-Fil-A or Duck Dynasty. Would you rather have them not empowering their right to the first amendment? Their "intimidation" didn't appear to work did it.

When you say things like "the more they push things like that and Elich, the more people resent them, IMO". That sounds just like the tea party to me. The more they kept trying to repeal Obamacare, shutdown the government, and cut social programs, the more people got turned off by them and now they're just looked at as a joke fringe party.

Without a Martin Luther King Jr., you don't have millions of marchers.

If you didn't have "gay extremists" or demand marriage equality, there wouldn't be 17 states with same-sex marriage. When AZ almost passed their stupid bill, businesses came out in full force to stop it. Same thing in Georgia with a similar bill. Coca Cola was one of the front in center companies that told the GA State Legislature to not continue on the bill. Real businesses understand the importance of not discriminating gays. The biggest problem I have with libertarians is they say they support it but leave it up the states. That's a half-ass lazy view of getting something done that should be done. Clear as crystal that the chances of gay marriage getting passed in the deep south are almost impossible, at least not for another 20-30 years.

Krgrecw
04-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Sav, why not just respect that people see and value things differently?

It's really no one else's business how another views anything..

Don't like them or Thier viewpoint stay away from them but it is wrong to call to publicly vilify someone because Thier beliefs are different and call for Thier head.

How did mozilla , chick fil a or duck dynasty 'discriminate' against gays?

AerchAngel
04-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Sav, why not just respect that people see and value things differently?

How did mozilla , chick fil a or duck dynasty 'discriminate' against gays?

I wouldn't say discriminate but made them feel uncomfortable, something blacks feel every time they go into a store. :eusa_dance:

AerchAngel
04-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Every movement requires extremists... without extremists, you don't have moderate followers. Without the Ted Cruz's of the world, you don't have guys like moderate Romney or McCain being nominated.

I just find it head scratching that the "LGBT" crowd is this abhorrent monster getting everyone fired, when just as simple as recent history

I wouldn't say that but sure in heck they are being very loud with their submit/accept or we make your life miserable ploy.

sturg33
04-10-2014, 11:55 AM

What was the movement here? Getting a CEO of a internet web browser to re-sign does nothing for their cause. It just annoys people

sturg33
04-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I just find it head scratching that the "LGBT" crowd is this abhorrent monster getting everyone fired, when just as simple as recent history, Chik Fil A and Duck Dynasty are still standing. As Zito pointed out long ago in another thread, Elich worked for a progressive company with progressive consumers. This wasn't 200 people that got him resigned, I believe it was 70k petitioning if not more. Nobody told him to resign. He resigned because he realized he f'd up.

They don't get everyone fired. But they sure as hell try. And Chick Fil A and Duck Dynasty backfired. They pissed enough people off that made folks resent them

sturg33
04-10-2014, 11:57 AM
For somewhat that cares so much about free speech, you should be glad they stood up for something when it came to Chik-Fil-A or Duck Dynasty. Would you rather have them not empowering their right to the first amendment? Their "intimidation" didn't appear to work did it.

They have those rights.. The way they go about it is a little absurd though. I would say the same thing about Westboro Baptist, and I'd guess you'd agree with me.

And Westboro has done a lot of good for their brand... :roll:

sturg33
04-10-2014, 11:58 AM
When you say things like "the more they push things like that and Elich, the more people resent them, IMO". That sounds just like the tea party to me. The more they kept trying to repeal Obamacare, shutdown the government, and cut social programs, the more people got turned off by them and now they're just looked at as a joke fringe party.

So... are you agreeing with my point, then? Cause you seem to resent the tea party quite a bit.

sturg33
04-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Without a Martin Luther King Jr., you don't have millions of marchers.

That's right. Who is the face of the LGBT crowd? And why isn't he/she/it focusing more on legislation rather than internet web browsers and chicken sandwiches?

sturg33
04-10-2014, 12:01 PM
If you didn't have "gay extremists" or demand marriage equality, there wouldn't be 17 states with same-sex marriage. When AZ almost passed their stupid bill, businesses came out in full force to stop it. Same thing in Georgia with a similar bill. Coca Cola was one of the front in center companies that told the GA State Legislature to not continue on the bill. Real businesses understand the importance of not discriminating gays. The biggest problem I have with libertarians is they say they support it but leave it up the states. That's a half-ass lazy view of getting something done that should be done. Clear as crystal that the chances of gay marriage getting passed in the deep south are almost impossible, at least not for another 20-30 years.

If you didn't have "Gay extremists" you wouldn't have a bunch of janitors cleaning off "Gay-M-U" off our campus walls... Oh and by the way, the school punished the organizations, and they protested the decision and blamed it on "bigotry." Surprise surprise.

Wonder when our school President will need to step down?

57Brave
04-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Who is the face of the LGBT crowd?

In all there are 79 faces.

Elton John or Ru Paul -- but not both ---- can't remember.
Cher -- Barney Frank -- J.Edgar Hoover? Lady Gaga and maybe Michael Sam??
I know for a fact it includes Mike Piazza

57Brave
04-10-2014, 01:27 PM
If you didn't have "Gay extremists" you wouldn't have a bunch of janitors cleaning off "Gay-M-U" off our campus walls... Oh and by the way, the school punished the organizations, and they protested the decision and blamed it on "bigotry." Surprise surprise.

Wonder when our school President will need to step down?

I spend every day at a prominent University and have never seen "Gay-M-U" written on any campus walls.