PDA

View Full Version : Two thoughts...

VirginiaBrave
07-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Something struck me after today's game. This team is winning in spite of itself. The 20 out of 21 block has us in first, but there are so many reasons why we shouldn't be comfortably ahead and yet our guys are exactly that. This team is not even close to the best team in baseball. The Tigers and Cardinals are better than us overall imo. This led to my second thought, could this be the year the Atlanta Braves wear the glass slipper? So many years we were denied the championship by circumstances causing losses to inferior regular season teams. Whether its Herbek's wrestling Twins, the '97 and '03 Marlins, or the '96 Yanks they all got tremendous breaks to win titles. I don't feel the Braves have ever had good luck in the post season especially, going all the way back to '82 with the rainout up 3-0 against the Cards in St. Louis in game 1 only to lose the next three. Something about this crew feels different. Maybe this is our year...

CyYoung31
07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Don't do this. The Baseball Gods do not like it. Make an owl sacrifice immediately.

ChapelHillMatt
07-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Gotta get more production out of this offense in the 2nd half for it to be our year, pitching can only carry you so far. I like that we seem to have the "it" factor but at the end of the day if Heyward and the Upton's don't have big 2nd half's then it's gonna be hard to win a championship.

Bdawg2309
07-14-2013, 12:32 AM
delete this thread now.!!!:eusa_naughty: :Wall::Wall:

cajunrevenge
07-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Its has been proven time and again, being the best team in baseball does not mean you win or even get to the world series. Its all about who is the best team in October not March thru August.