PDA

View Full Version : Thank God the NFL Draft is this week.

rico43
05-05-2014, 05:49 PM
It is a more than welcome distraction, watching the NFL network, reading the dozens of mock drafts by 5th graders from Parma and the rampant trade speculation involving the Falcons. One school has them shooting the moon to draft Clowney, another has history repeating by them trading up with Cleveland to get the best linebacker in the draft, Khalil Mack. I was perfectly happy with Matthews falling to them, but even that became a question in more recent drafts.

Although baseball is my passion, I was a Falcons season ticket holder for three miserable years (THANK YOU Marion Campbell), but got to cover the Glanville years for the paper.

I have been pumped up about this year since going to see The Draft three weeks ago. Costner and Ivan Reitman nailed it, and the movie was filmed in real war rooms and at last year's draft. It was fiction because Cleveland kicked ass, but it was still fun.

Tapate50
05-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Looks like Johnny football going in the top 5 to me. Buzz is deafening on him.

NinersSBChamps
05-06-2014, 09:54 PM
It is a more than welcome distraction, watching the NFL network, reading the dozens of mock drafts by 5th graders from Parma and the rampant trade speculation involving the Falcons. One school has them shooting the moon to draft Clowney, another has history repeating by them trading up with Cleveland to get the best linebacker in the draft, Khalil Mack. I was perfectly happy with Matthews falling to them, but even that became a question in more recent drafts.

Although baseball is my passion, I was a Falcons season ticket holder for three miserable years (THANK YOU Marion Campbell), but got to cover the Glanville years for the paper.

I have been pumped up about this year since going to see The Draft three weeks ago. Costner and Ivan Reitman nailed it, and the movie was filmed in real war rooms and at last year's draft. It was fiction because Cleveland kicked ass, but it was still fun.

Jennifer Garner is a Niners fan.

zitothebrave
05-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Jennifer Garner is a Niners fan.

Not something to hang your hat on.

NinersSBChamps
05-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Not something to hang your hat on.

Okay. Well my hat isn't what I want to hang on her. Or in her.

cajunrevenge
05-06-2014, 10:39 PM
I got sick of the draft about a month ago. Local sports radio in houston is unbearable with every hosts insistence that they have to take a qb #1 overall or the earth will stop spinning. I hope Shaub lights the Texans up this year when they play the Raiders.

gilesfan
05-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Damn, I had no idea.