Wildcard Round:

Nats def. Reds
Rangers def. Orioles

2nd Round

Nats def. Cards
Braves def. Dodgers
Tigers def. Rangers
Rays def. Oakland

I'm stopping there because I don't want to predict anything further for our Braves.

jpx7
07-15-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm betting Reds / Pirates for the NL Wild Cards, with the Zombie Expos' season dead (and staying dead) as the calendar progresses into the spookiest of months.

cajunrevenge
07-15-2013, 05:44 PM
I predict the nats to win every NL division, I just feel like they are about to go on a roll. If the rest of the NL is lucky they might be able to squeak in with a wild card birth.

acesfull86
07-15-2013, 06:05 PM
NLE: Nats
NLC: Cards
NLW: Snakes
WC1: Reds
WC2: Dodgers

:icwudt:

zitothebrave
07-15-2013, 06:09 PM
NL East - Braves
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Dodgers (what a piss division)
WC number 1 Pirates, number 2 Reds (though Nats or Braves could easily get this spot because of the interdivision battles)

AL East - Red Sox
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - Rangers
AL WIldcard - Rays
AL Wildcard - A's

thethe
07-15-2013, 06:10 PM
NLE: Nats
NLC: Cards
NLW: Snakes
WC1: Reds
WC2: Dodgers

:icwudt:

Back the Met board with you!

AUTiger7222
07-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Let's hear'em guys.

NL

East: Braves (2)
Central: Cardinals (1)
West: Dodgers (3)
Wildcard 1: Nats (4)
Wildcard 2: Reds (5)

AL

East: Rays (3)
Central: Tigers (1)
West: Oakland (2)
Wildcard 1: Rangers (4)
Wildcard 2: Orioles (5)

Wildcard Round:

Nats def. Reds
Rangers def. Orioles

2nd Round

Nats def. Cards
Braves def. Dodgers
Tigers def. Rangers
Rays def. Oakland

I'm stopping there because I don't want to predict anything further for our Braves.

No Pirates and Red Sox? Wow.

NL East - Braves (2)
NL Central - Pirates (1)
NL West - Dodgers (3)
NL WC - Cardinals (4)
NL WC - Reds (5)

AL East - Rays (2)
AL Central - Tigers (3)
AL West - Athletics (1)
AL WC - Red Sox (4)
AL WC - Rangers (5)

NL WC - Cardinals over Reds
AL WC - Red Sox over Rangers

NLDS
Braves over Dodgers
Pirates over Cardinals

ALDS
Rays over Tigers
Athletics over Red Sox

yeezus
07-15-2013, 07:42 PM
No, I don't believe in either team. The Pirates have been way overachieving, don't think their pitching is nearly this good.
Nava and Iglesias are playing over their heads by a lot and I love the Rays pitching. I also see Baltimore adding another arm.

AUTiger7222
07-15-2013, 07:46 PM
No, I don't believe in either team. The Pirates have been way overachieving, don't think their pitching is nearly this good.
Nava and Iglesias are playing over their heads by a lot and I love the Rays pitching. I also see Baltimore adding another arm.

The Rays pitching hasn't even been that good this year which has been very surprising. They're offense has been better than expected and a lot of that is because of James Loney carrying an OPS over .800 this season.

yeezus
07-15-2013, 08:44 PM
The Rays pitching hasn't even been that good this year which has been very surprising. They're offense has been better than expected and a lot of that is because of James Loney carrying an OPS over .800 this season.

Yeah, I think that will change. Price is back and looking great. Moore could turn it around. I could see them having a big 2nd half.

Bj1133
07-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Don't count the Braves out of the race for the best record in the NL - they have the easiest schedule left and still have 7 games vs Stl to make up the 4 games they are behind

AUTiger7222
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Don't count the Braves out of the race for the best record in the NL - they have the easiest schedule left and still have 7 games vs Stl to make up the 4 games they are behind

I don't want the Braves to end up with the best record in the NL anymore. I don't wanna have to face the Pirates, Cardinals or Reds in the 1st round which would be the Braves fate if they end up with the best record in the NL. Best case would be to have the Braves play the NL West champion and then have whichever team in the NL Central that ends up with the best record lose in the NLDS so the Braves get homefield for the NLCS as the 2nd seed.

CyYoung31
07-15-2013, 10:49 PM

They've really lucked out with crappy offensive 1st baseman having fluke seasons with them the past couple years. See: Casey Kotchman in 2011.

AUTiger7222
07-15-2013, 11:12 PM
They've really lucked out with crappy offensive 1st baseman having fluke seasons with them the past couple years. See: Casey Kotchman in 2011.

Yep. But I was looking at their numbers and I'm puzzled at how they're 6th in the majors in runs scored. They aside from Loney, Longoria and Luke Scott the rest of the numbers just aren't that good. I'm puzzled at how Ben Zobrist made the ASG with OPS of just .729.

Evan Longoria - .863
Luke Scott - .838
James Loney - .832
Desmond Jennings - .784
Matt Joyce - .764
Kelly Johnson .761
Ben Zobrist - .729
Yunel Escobar - .679

That's the guys they have on their team that have enough at-bats to qualify.

And speaking of Escobar, WTF happened to him? I remember when I thought he would be one of the top 5 best shortstops in baseball both offensively and defensively.

Bj1133
07-16-2013, 06:16 AM
I don't want the Braves to end up with the best record in the NL anymore. I don't wanna have to face the Pirates, Cardinals or Reds in the 1st round which would be the Braves fate if they end up with the best record in the NL. Best case would be to have the Braves play the NL West champion and then have whichever team in the NL Central that ends up with the best record lose in the NLDS so the Braves get homefield for the NLCS as the 2nd seed.

If the Diamondbacks win the NL West, then sure they would be an ideal matchup. However, I want no part of the Dodgers in a short series with Kershaw/Greinke going in the 1st 2 games. Give me homefield advantage and the chance at playing the wildcard winner who may or may not have thrown their ace in the play-in game.

NinersSBChamps
07-16-2013, 10:18 AM
AL play "out" game Oakland @ Tampa with Tampa winning.

Boston vs Tampa (Boston)
Detroit vs Texas (Detroit)

Boston vs Detroit (Detroit)

NL "play out" game Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh with Cincinnati winning

St.Louis vs Cincinnati (St.Louis)
Atlanta vs Los Angeles (Los Angeles)

St.Louis vs Los Angeles (St.Louis)

Detroit vs St.Louis (DETROIT wins WS)

gilesfan
07-16-2013, 11:02 AM

The Rays have the 4th best ERA in the AL.

gilesfan
07-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Yep. But I was looking at their numbers and I'm puzzled at how they're 6th in the majors in runs scored. They aside from Loney, Longoria and Luke Scott the rest of the numbers just aren't that good. I'm puzzled at how Ben Zobrist made the ASG with OPS of just .729.

Evan Longoria - .863
Luke Scott - .838
James Loney - .832
Desmond Jennings - .784
Matt Joyce - .764
Kelly Johnson .761
Ben Zobrist - .729
Yunel Escobar - .679

That's the guys they have on their team that have enough at-bats to qualify.

And speaking of Escobar, WTF happened to him? I remember when I thought he would be one of the top 5 best shortstops in baseball both offensively and defensively.

Having a deep lineup has some advantages. They have 2 guys with an OPS under .750. Though Myers is a starter now and is just below that.

Rays are my pick to win it all.

Heyward
07-16-2013, 03:52 PM
You gotta play someone tough to win a championship.

Besides, in all likelyhood, you'll have to play one of the Reds/Cards/Pirates if all 3 got in.

And if you want to play the NL West, does anyone really want any part of the Dodgers who are probably gonna run away with the West in the 2nd half?

That team is loaded. Greinke has been dealing his last couple starts, and Kershaw has been arguably the best pitcher in baseball this year, throw in Nolasco/Ryu as your 3-4, that's a nasty rotation.

Once they get their full lineup healthy, with AJ Ellis, Gonzo, Ellis/trade, HanRam, Uribe/trade, Puig, Kemp, Crawford. Essentially an All-Star team really.

With a pretty good lineup.

No other predictions but i will say the Rays win the East, i'm just not sold on Boston, they have had a lot go right this year. Nava has had an insane year, as well as Iglesias among other things.

Lot of baseball left to be played though.

AUTiger7222
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
The Rays have the 4th best ERA in the AL.

Thanks to this great run they went on over the last 18-20 games or how ever long it's been since they've been on this winning tear. Last time I looked at it they were right middle of the pack in the majors in ERA. They're still 11th in the majors in ERA.

AUTiger7222
07-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Having a deep lineup has some advantages. They have 2 guys with an OPS under .750. Though Myers is a starter now and is just below that.

Rays are my pick to win it all.

They only have 4 players that I would say are having great offensive seasons. That for me is an OPS over .775. Even the Pirates who have the 4th fewest runs scored in the majors have 4 guys with an OPS over .775 with 3 over .800 like the Rays.

gilesfan
07-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks to this great run they went on over the last 18-20 games or how ever long it's been since they've been on this winning tear. Last time I looked at it they were right middle of the pack in the majors in ERA. They're still 11th in the majors in ERA.

Why would you use NL as a comparison?

CyYoung31
07-16-2013, 08:15 PM

That was most likely due to some injuries they had. They're getting healthy now.

I think if there's anything not to doubt with the Rays, it's their pitching.

EDIT: I just realized you used the entire majors in that comparison. Fail. They're 4th in the AL in ERA.

yeezus
07-16-2013, 09:34 PM

Price wasn't pitching well until he came back. Moore picked it back up. They're good. I think they'll put it together.

AUTiger7222
07-16-2013, 10:12 PM
That was most likely due to some injuries they had. They're getting healthy now.

I think if there's anything not to doubt with the Rays, it's their pitching.

EDIT: I just realized you used the entire majors in that comparison. Fail. They're 4th in the AL in ERA.

They were like 7th or 8th in the AL last time I checked out the stats before today which was before they went on this epic run. And why does it matter if I'm using ALL the majors leagues to look at stats? I do it for every team. It paints a better pitcher of how really good or bad someone or a team is.

CyYoung31
07-16-2013, 10:17 PM
They were like 7th or 8th in the AL last time I checked out the stats before today which was before they went on this epic run. And why does it matter if I'm using ALL the majors leagues to look at stats? I do it for every team. It paints a better pitcher of how really good or bad someone or a team is.

No, it doesn't. NL teams traditionally are going to have lower team ERAs than AL teams. They play two different forms of baseball. They're 4th in the AL in ERA, that's pretty good.