PDA

View Full Version : It was a good day.

weso1
06-19-2014, 08:45 PM
5 year old had her first T-ball practice today. She aint gonna be batting cleanup but it was fun to watch her out there. Sorry, but just felt like posting that.

Julio3000
06-19-2014, 10:13 PM
That's awesome. The season just started for my son, too. He's the smallest on the team but has the best arm.

Tapate50
06-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Good stuff. Got one just under 2 yrs old, another coming any minute. Looking forward to those days. Better than yesterday anyway, stomach bug struck and I was "batter up".

weso1
06-20-2014, 03:49 PM
The stomach bugs are the best. Love getting up in the middle of the night to clean up vomit.

The Chosen One
06-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Put the tennis racket in her left hand.

ESP47
06-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Small sample size. Not convinced until Zito posts the advanced metrics.

The Chosen One
06-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Need some Bill Shanks critique.

bravesnumberone
06-20-2014, 05:11 PM
My first one is coming in December. Can't wait.

mossy
06-23-2014, 02:28 AM
Neither of my kids seem to care much for baseball, glad you and your fam are enjoying it.

weso1
06-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Neither of my kids seem to care much for baseball, glad you and your fam are enjoying it.

Don't get me wrong. Mine doesn't seem to care either. Just figured we'd give it a try.

ESP47
06-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Don't get me wrong. Mine doesn't seem to care either. Just figured we'd give it a try.

Doesn't care? Was she doing this too much?

http://www.awkwardstory.com/uploads/3/7/0/3/3703290/6865133_orig.jpg?0

AerchAngel
06-24-2014, 02:08 PM
5 year old had her first T-ball practice today. She aint gonna be batting cleanup but it was fun to watch her out there. Sorry, but just felt like posting that.

That is so cool, mine is the opposite, she hits like Evan Gattis but fields like Chris Johnson, but the wife wants her in soccer and tennis anyway. She is in gymnastics and swimming now and then near fall going to play soccer then dance, rinse and repeat. I just don't have any say, but I understand. The wife stays at home and ferry them around so I don't have to do it and all of her girlfriend kids are around the same age so I know what the deal is.

Isn't it cool watching them grow up? She always want to help me or the wife in our projects no matter how small she is, she still wants to try. Now my son, 666 is etched in his head somewhere and thinking of finding a priest before I see green puke come out of his mouth. He took, my wife's guitar case (those expensive ones) and kept jumping up and down on it. I asked him why did he do that. He just looked at me with a wicked grin. Damien 2.0.

AerchAngel
06-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Put the tennis racket in her left hand.

Too bad you live so far away, might need a good teacher for my lil one, she can forehand like no other, but she doesn't seem to grasp the backhand, maybe because she is not as coordinated. We will know more next summer when she can actually get lessons. Right now, it is strictly badminton so she knows how to swing with racket and eye coordination.

zitothebrave
06-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Coordination will come with time. Expecting greatness from someone still growing is usually a mistake. Oftentimes some of the best athletes I've known didn't get great until they were in high school.

gilesfan
06-25-2014, 04:37 PM
I think Tennis might be the best sport for my daughter. Basketball for my son

The Chosen One
06-26-2014, 07:03 AM
Too bad you live so far away, might need a good teacher for my lil one, she can forehand like no other, but she doesn't seem to grasp the backhand, maybe because she is not as coordinated. We will know more next summer when she can actually get lessons. Right now, it is strictly badminton so she knows how to swing with racket and eye coordination.

If you do indeed move to North Carolina, we can workout something. You'd only be a few hours away! :rock:

The Chosen One
06-26-2014, 07:04 AM
I think Tennis might be the best sport for my daughter.

Don't you bash tennis like you did soccer?