PDA

View Full Version : Wish I had Ever Thought of This

57Brave
07-17-2013, 02:03 PM
"Of course, George Zimmerman did have a gun, and a boy is dead. When guns are on the scene, violence is more likely to become lethal violence. A fist fight becomes a trip to the morgue."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews/21328547-452/what-if-george-zimmerman-had-not-had-a-gun.html

Tapate50
07-17-2013, 02:08 PM
GZ could be dead. TM could be dead still. Who knows? Dumb question in my opinion.

Also, What is the definition of a criminal?

So more guns laws would do what exactly?

57Brave
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
You obviously didnt read the article. First point was GZ would probably not had the strength of his conviction to begin the whole affair. As in, "stay in the car"
What will more gun laws do? Once again -- your insight is blinding

AerchAngel
07-17-2013, 02:35 PM
You obviously didnt read the article. First point was GZ would probably not had the strength of his conviction to begin the whole affair. As in, "stay in the car"

This is what I got out of it as well Steak Sauce. If he didn't have a gun, he would have stayed in the car. The gun embolden him because he had his "protection" and unfortunately he had to use that "protection" in a situation that could have been avoided.

Tapate50
07-17-2013, 02:35 PM

I read the article. It is a bunch of conjecture. This whole thing is. You don't know what would have happened. He could have run Trayvon over. Trayvon could have picked up a brick. That is useless conjecture and a waste of our time. I could write a whole article of questions that no one will ever be able to answer and call it journalism, but it would be polishing a terd.

My insight is that criminals don't obey laws. Guns are a part of this world, and me personally? id rather have one and not need it, than become someone that needed one and didn't. Restrict all guns and take them away. Who will have em? The criminals.

Julio3000
07-17-2013, 02:36 PM
GZ could be dead. TM could be dead still. Who knows? Dumb question in my opinion.

Also, What is the definition of a criminal?

So more guns laws would do what exactly?

Virtually eliminate gun homicides, if most of the rest of the world is any indication.

sturg33
07-17-2013, 02:37 PM
More gun laws = more crime. These are point blank statistics that 57 refuses to accept. I am not sure why anyone engages him.

Tapate50
07-17-2013, 02:39 PM
More gun laws = more crime. These are point blank statistics that 57 refuses to accept. I am not sure why anyone engages him.

Im bored.

Julio- I live in what I'd call a high crime area. I am just not willing to take that chance that someone hurts my family. Too much to risk.

sturg33
07-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Virtually eliminate gun homicides, if most of the rest of the world is any indication.

And eliminating cars would virtually eliminate all car crash fatalities.

The point is and always will be, who is pulling the trigger?

Julio3000
07-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Im bored.

Julio- I live in what I'd call a high crime area. I am just not willing to take that chance that someone hurts my family. Too much to risk.

Sure, I understand. That was really more of a smartass comment than anything. The numbers are there (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate), but there are certainly a lot of variables involved.