PDA

View Full Version : TSA Searches Valet Cars

sturg33
07-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Lovely

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3101080.shtml?cat=566

weso1
07-18-2013, 09:55 AM
The obvious problem here is that they didn't warn the people in advance.

zitothebrave
07-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Or you know violated certain presumed rights of privacy. Now if someone has a bong in open view then fine they're dumb but that's it. TSA has no right to search my vehicle.

weso1
07-18-2013, 10:16 AM
You're essentially giving them permission if they inform you that if you park in a certain spot then they may search your car, and you choose to park there. The problem is if they don't tell you about it. In that case you haven't given them permission.

gilesfan
07-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Isn't it common sense? You are at the airport.

If I walk up to the white house, I'm for damn sure not going to be caught off guard if they decide to wand/search me.

zitothebrave
07-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Isn't it common sense? You are at the airport.

If I walk up to the white house, I'm for damn sure not going to be caught off guard if they decide to wand/search me.

LMAO

Metaphysicist
07-18-2013, 11:17 AM

(a) From the article:

We also noticed a large sign that alerts customers that their vehicle will be inspected. The sign is on the kiosk window. Iacuzza says it was not there when she dropped off her car. “I think the public should be aware of the fact that if their car is going to be searched, they should be informed of it.”

Sounds like they do give notification, and this lady wasn't paying attention.

(b) You cannot have an expectation of privacy when you hand someone your car keys and tell them to get in your car. This should be obvious. If you don't want people going in your car, don't use a valet.

gilesfan
07-18-2013, 11:22 AM
(a) From the article:

We also noticed a large sign that alerts customers that their vehicle will be inspected. The sign is on the kiosk window. Iacuzza says it was not there when she dropped off her car. “I think the public should be aware of the fact that if their car is going to be searched, they should be informed of it.”

(b) You cannot have an expectation of privacy when you hand someone your car keys and tell them to get in your car. This should be obvious. If you don't want people going in your car, don't use a valet.

ding ding ding

weso1
07-18-2013, 11:47 AM
(a) From the article:

In the video the reporter showed the lady the sign and she said it wasn't there when she parked there. The reporter also asked the person in charge when the sign was put up and he refused to answer. I'm guessing the sign wasn't up when the lady parked there.

I agree with your point B.

Tapate50
07-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Scary stuff. Lot of freedoms being comprimised in the last 10 years or so. Thanks Osama.

Mrs. Meta
07-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Scary stuff. Lot of freedoms being comprimised in the last 10 years or so. Thanks Osama.

I read Osama as Obamalol

...and apparently there is a meme of obama where people do things like this?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/490/002/38b.jpg

Silliness!

zitothebrave
07-19-2013, 07:42 AM
In the video the reporter showed the lady the sign and she said it wasn't there when she parked there. The reporter also asked the person in charge when the sign was put up and he refused to answer. I'm guessing the sign wasn't up when the lady parked there.

I agree with your point B.

Did weso just best Meta in internetting?

Metaphysicist
07-19-2013, 01:59 PM
If the internet includes watching local news video segments, then I don't want to be right.

jpx7
07-19-2013, 03:25 PM
If the internet includes watching local news video segments, then I don't want to be right.

That's my whole thing, too.

weso1
07-19-2013, 03:59 PM
I feel like I still lost at internetting, but won at being right.

BedellBrave
07-19-2013, 04:35 PM
I feel like I still lost at internetting, but won at being right.

A measured victory is still better than no victory.