07-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Season 4 premieres October 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxg27QsaIEY

Tapate50
07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm in. My wife loves it more than I do

Bj1133
07-20-2013, 09:23 PM
I know a lot of people have ragged on the show because of its tendency to have episodes with no real activity, but I still look more forward to this show more than any other one.

TURBO
07-20-2013, 09:33 PM
I know a lot of people have ragged on the show because of its tendency to have episodes with no real activity, but I still look more forward to this show than any other one.

I cant wait

BremanFan88
07-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Going to be epic.

CyYoung31
07-21-2013, 01:17 AM
As someone who hated Season 3, this trailer makes Season 4 look like it's going to take some interesting turns. But, it's just a trailer.

I think it's funny that Daryl is pretty much the main character now. Notice how they hardly showed Rick in that trailer at all? It would not surprise me if Rick got killed off so Daryl could take the reins.

BlackwaterPark
07-22-2013, 06:14 AM
As someone who hated Season 3, this trailer makes Season 4 look like it's going to take some interesting turns. But, it's just a trailer.

I think it's funny that Daryl is pretty much the main character now. Notice how they hardly showed Rick in that trailer at all? It would not surprise me if Rick got killed off so Daryl could take the reins.

I know Daryl's character was at Comic Con, I wonder if that was why

zitothebrave
07-22-2013, 07:37 AM

At that point there would be no point even pretending to follow the comics. They've already branched fairly far off of it, but making Daryl the main character would really switch it of. Shame cause Rick is a beast in the comics.

Also I love how they hinted at what i can only call the gym scene with Tyrese, where he gets surrounded by walkers and everyone thinks he's a goner. Question will be, will he survive, or is that his death scene. I assume they wouldn't show a character's death in a trailer but who knows.

Honestly the show has been going down a pretty significant arc since season 1. JMO 1 was the best, then 2 was good but way too strung out, 3 was ok but really annoyin most of the time. Only time I enjoyed it was when they were doing character building episodes. Like when Rick, Carl, and Michonne go back to Rick's hometown. Great episode.

JMO they should stick to that formula, just tell lots of different small stories in a grander scope, rather then trying to move the story along too fast.

Carolina Kid
07-22-2013, 08:51 AM
At that point there would be no point even pretending to follow the comics. They've already branched fairly far off of it, but making Daryl the main character would really switch it of. Shame cause Rick is a beast in the comics.

Also I love how they hinted at what i can only call the gym scene with Tyrese, where he gets surrounded by walkers and everyone thinks he's a goner. Question will be, will he survive, or is that his death scene. I assume they wouldn't show a character's death in a trailer but who knows.

Honestly the show has been going down a pretty significant arc since season 1. JMO 1 was the best, then 2 was good but way too strung out, 3 was ok but really annoyin most of the time. Only time I enjoyed it was when they were doing character building episodes. Like when Rick, Carl, and Michonne go back to Rick's hometown. Great episode.

JMO they should stick to that formula, just tell lots of different small stories in a grander scope, rather then trying to move the story along too fast.

I agree with your assessment of the seasons. I think season 3 had the chance to be epic if they'd followed through on the underlying tease they had all season of a big war between the two factions. I think when they *****ed out of that in the last episode and let the Governor go then it left a lot of people annoyed and unfulfilled thus tainting the season. Otherwise I liked how the characters developed in the season and the return to Rick's hometown one being my favorite.

One thing to note, didn't one of the writers or show handlers leave? If so I wonder how that will change the show if at all.

Julio3000
07-22-2013, 08:55 AM

My favorite thing about that episode: the way it was bookended with scenes of Rick first speeding by the hitchhiker without stopping, then, at the end, backing up to pick up the now-dead guy's rucksack. No reactions, no dialogue—that was as effective and evocative as anything all season.

parkvadawg
07-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Love the show

bravesnumberone
07-23-2013, 07:01 PM
I think the guy who wrote that episode with Rick, Michonne and Carl is the new showrunner for season 4. Seems I heard that. If that's the case, I think it will be better than Season 3, which was still pretty good overall. Wasn't crazy about the finale though.

Bj1133
10-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Season 4 premiers this coming Sunday - AMC is showing the entire first 3 seasons from the start beginning tonight and running through prime time for the rest of the week

bravesnumberone
10-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm optimistic for a good season.

The Chosen One
10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I just find TV Rick to be extremely not as bad ass as comic book Rick.

I doubt Daryl is going to take the reigns. It's still Rick's show and Rick's story.

bravesnumberone
10-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Honestly if the show were on HBO or even FX, you'd probably see some more badass stuff on the show.

The Chosen One
10-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Honestly if the show were on HBO or even FX, you'd probably see some more badass stuff on the show.

IDK about FX, maybe HBO or one of the premium channels.

I mean AMC is a channel that had Breaking Bad, and there was a lot of pretty bad stuff on there.

bravesnumberone
10-07-2013, 06:54 PM
IDK about FX, maybe HBO or one of the premium channels.

I mean AMC is a channel that had Breaking Bad, and there was a lot of pretty bad stuff on there.

True enough. But I think AMC is losing their edge. They know they are too. Just lost Breaking Bad and split the final season of Mad Men so they can have it until 2015. Low Winter Sun is a bust. The Walking Dead should keep its ratings for a while.

Bj1133
10-07-2013, 07:30 PM
True enough. But I think AMC is losing their edge. They know they are too. Just lost Breaking Bad and split the final season of Mad Men so they can have it until 2015. Low Winter Sun is a bust. The Walking Dead should keep its ratings for a while.

They are creating spinoffs for both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Maybe a reach on both, but at least worth a shot imo

bravesnumberone
10-07-2013, 07:33 PM
They are creating spinoffs for both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Maybe a reach on both, but at least worth a shot imo

Yeah, like I said in the Breaking Bad thread. I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt.

I expect Walking Dead will get back on track this season.

Even if it did slack some last season, it was still better than 80-90 percent of dramas that are on now.

Carp
10-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Has anyone watched Low Winter Sun? I haven't seen the first episode, but it just didn't seem like the plot line was all that interesting from what I read about it.

Never got into Breaking Bad or Mad Men the times I've tried watching them, but they're obviously considered great shows.

Hell on Wheels seems pretty good the times of watched it, but I got behind and haven't been keeping up with it. Night shift kind of sucks like that.

I loved the first 2 seasons of The Killing, but season 3 was a let down for me.

Hope AMC can come up with something else new and orginal. They've got a really good track record so far.

bravesnumberone
10-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I liked The Killing alright. Now it's cancelled, which makes the ending of season 3 dumb as hell. The acting on that show was really good from the leads.

I watched the first two episodes of Low Winter Sun and it just was not very good. Just trying to recycle old ideas, and based on the reviews and ratings, it got even worse.

bravesnumberone
10-13-2013, 09:33 PM
A decent episode to start the season. More table-setting than anything.

goldfly
10-14-2013, 12:32 AM
i hate that i started watching this show

the writing is horrible

but since i started, i can't not watch

The Chosen One
10-14-2013, 01:27 AM

the writing is horrible

Agree 100%

I'm a sucker for zombie stuff. And there's never been a post-zombipocalytpic world so...

The Chosen One
10-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Might as well go ahead and discuss tonight's episode.

So looks like there's a new mutation of the virus, since Rick kept looking at that zombie on the fence with the weird eyes, and that kid ended up looking like it in the end. Whatever it is, it's killed the pig and the food they have outside the prison in the traps (the boar). It's probably in the deer that Daryl found that was alluded to in the beginning that ended up making nerdy kid sick. Looks like the next episode is going to be pretty terrible (in a good way).

Tapate50
10-14-2013, 08:02 AM
It also looked like from the trailer that a LOT of those people are gonna get thinned out.

zitothebrave
10-14-2013, 08:12 AM

the writing is horrible

That's the kicker, you want to hate it but it draws you in.

Still can't think of a show that was so bad at writing a female lead.

Runnin
10-14-2013, 08:40 AM
I can't figure out why I keep watching it either. I wish they would all take a shower and get clean, just once.

Tapate50
10-14-2013, 08:54 AM
They showered at the CDC.

Female lead? Who needs those?

Bj1133
10-14-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm still a fan, but I'm not as harsh a critic as others around here. Definitely going to be a thinning out of the herd before too long.

Tapate50
10-14-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm still a fan, but I'm not as harsh a critic as others around here. Definitely going to be a thinning out of the herd before too long.

Exactly. We got some perfectionists here, and their expertise really is being underutilized shilling about a interweb board.

bravesnumberone
10-14-2013, 03:56 PM
It wouldn't be TWD without eradicating a bunch of new characters as soon as they show up.

TURBO
10-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Im a big fan. Its good entertainment. No writing isnt the best, but I enjoy it and thats what matters. I think its gonna get crazy in a hurry.

Bj1133
10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
A couple of things that I read on another board that seem a little odd...

How did that roof of the store absorb the crash of the helicopter in the first place? And, how did all those walkers get on the roof? Can they climb stairs? They wouldn't have all come from the helicopter.

goldfly
10-14-2013, 09:06 PM
That's the kicker, you want to hate it but it draws you in.

Still can't think of a show that was so bad at writing a female lead.

don't know if hate is the right word

but i don't really like the show

goldfly
10-14-2013, 09:07 PM
A couple of things that I read on another board that seem a little odd...

How did that roof of the store absorb the crash of the helicopter in the first place? And, how did all those walkers get on the roof? Can they climb stairs? They wouldn't have all come from the helicopter.

that wasn't even the dumbest thing from that scene imo

zitothebrave
10-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Watched the episode now, made me lol.

Runnin
10-14-2013, 11:50 PM

So pools of blood and rotting flesh were eating through the rock/tar roof and when the shelf of wine fell over inside it shook the whole building just enough that it all started caving in in dozens of places at the same exact time.

DjGrizz
10-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Lol you decribed what was going on in my head while I watched this scene.....smh

Tapate50
10-15-2013, 07:42 AM
It wouldn't be TWD without eradicating a bunch of new characters as soon as they show up.

I hope they keep Tyreese and Maggie going strong. Have really liked their additions. Maggie is a heater when not on all in TWD makeup and dirt.

bravesnumberone
10-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Watching any television show requires at least some suspension of disbelief.

Dalyn
11-04-2013, 01:55 AM
What a terrible start to this season.

Carp
11-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I disagree. I think this season is the best since season 1 so far. The story line is actually progressing pretty well unlike the last couple seasons where they would go 4-5 episodes with nothing really happening. Interested to see what becomes of that radio transmission they heard in the car before the wreck.

Dalyn
11-04-2013, 03:33 PM
I disagree. I think this season is the best since season 1 so far. The story line is actually progressing pretty well unlike the last couple seasons where they would go 4-5 episodes with nothing really happening. Interested to see what becomes of that radio transmission they heard in the car before the wreck.

You liked season one? I thought it was the worst of the bunch (so far).

DjGrizz
11-04-2013, 05:49 PM

Season 1 was the best

Dalyn
11-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Season 1 was the best

I quit without finishing. Once they fired all the writers, I finished the season and continued watching.

Carp
11-04-2013, 10:29 PM

No way. Season 1 was terrific.

Dalyn
11-04-2013, 10:39 PM
No way. Season 1 was terrific.

Clearly we have different tastes. That's one of the great things about art.

TURBO
11-05-2013, 05:20 AM
Season 1 was the best

agreed. Really liking how this season is setting up.

TURBO
11-11-2013, 05:48 PM
That was a really good episode IMO. Lots of action.

I kept thinking Hershel is going to die. I still feel like he will be one of the main characters to go this season.

Carp
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
That was a really good episode IMO. Lots of action.

I kept thinking Hershel is going to die. I still feel like he will be one of the main characters to go this season.

I was thinking the same. I was thinking may be a heart attack would make sense after he was up for so many hrs taking care of the sick and having to "put down" his first walker.

Bj1133
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Excellent episode last night. Plenty of action and the last little bit left you wanting more

Dalyn
11-11-2013, 10:26 PM
First quality episode of the season, in my opinion. But it was a damn good one.

Runnin
11-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Nice teaser of the governor looking from the trees there at the end. I thought it was gonna be Carol.

thethe
11-16-2013, 03:07 PM
My favorite thing about that episode: the way it was bookended with scenes of Rick first speeding by the hitchhiker without stopping, then, at the end, backing up to pick up the now-dead guy's rucksack. No reactions, no dialogue—that was as effective and evocative as anything all season.

One of the best parts of the series by far. Understated but powerful.

thethe
11-16-2013, 03:12 PM
I just watched the whole series in the last week. Love the zombie apocalypse genre. One of the parts I really enjoy is the internal struggle for Rick after his wife passed. He still just doesn't know what to do with himself.

Dalyn
11-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Well. That episode happened.

50PoundHead
11-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Don't what they are going to do with the Guv. Nice to know that he at least as a shred of humanity.

I've always kept this series at arm's length. Well done and all, but I get tired of saying, "Geez, zombies again."

bravesnumberone
11-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Not quite sure how I feel about last night's episode. Guess I'll have to wait for the next couple to see.

thethe
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Don't what they are going to do with the Guv. Nice to know that he at least as a shred of humanity.

I've always kept this series at arm's length. Well done and all, but I get tired of saying, "Geez, zombies again."

Yeah, I love me some zombies but it is amazing that they haven't figured out how to avoid the constant death that results from them.

Either way, I thought yesterdays episode was good. Its just amazing to see the highs and lows with all these characters.

Runnin
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
It didn't take the Gov long to regain his strength. One can of sardines or whatever that was and a few hours sleep and he's back from death's doorstep.

Why wouldn't he eat their food?

The Chosen One
11-19-2013, 01:35 AM
It didn't take the Gov long to regain his strength. One can of sardines or whatever that was and a few hours sleep and he's back from death's doorstep.

Why wouldn't he eat their food?

Spaghetti O's are for kids.

Bj1133
11-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Never been a big fan of TV episodes that focus on just one part of the story, like this most recent episode did.

BTW, am I to assume that the Governor and that chick did it in the back of the truck, right next to the sleeping sister and daughter? I know its difficult to find some alone time during a zombie apocalypse, but the daughter has already seen the man kill her grandpa with a tank of oxygen and now she could possibly witness her mom getting it put to her by him as well. C'mon man!

Runnin
11-19-2013, 08:40 AM
What??? Never too old for Spaghetti Os.

The Chosen One
11-19-2013, 09:19 AM
What??? Never too old for Spaghetti Os.

Kids at heart. Guvnuh ain't no child at heart.

thethe
11-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Thought that was a very good episode. Can't wait till next weeks.

Tapate50
11-24-2013, 11:33 PM
One of the better episodes. Man what a preview for mid season finale

TURBO
11-26-2013, 04:53 AM
Really good episode. Really excited about next week.

bravesnumberone
12-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Someone's gotta die tonight, right?

thethe
12-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Someone's gotta die tonight, right?

Errrebody is gonna die!

TURBO
12-01-2013, 06:06 PM
I have a feeling Herschel dies tonight.

bravesnumberone
12-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Hell, I forgot there were even other characters on the show besides the Governor.

I'm saying at least four people die.

bravesnumberone
12-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Well ****

thethe
12-01-2013, 10:28 PM
I have a feeling Herschel dies tonight.

100 points to this man.

thethe
12-01-2013, 10:28 PM
That was a kick ass episode.

Carp
12-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Wow what an awesome episode. Kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time. Hated to see Hershel die but you kind of felt it coming. At least he died in a cool way and didn't get taken out like a punk by getting bit by a walker.

Still a lot left that needs to be answered in the 2nd half of the season as well. Who was feeding the walkers at the fence? Is little ass-kicker really dead? What was going on with that radio signal they heard from 4 episodes earlier? February can't get here fast enough

thethe
12-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Wow what an awesome episode. Kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time. Hated to see Hershel die but you kind of felt it coming. At least he died in a cool way and didn't get taken out like a punk by getting bit by a walker.

Still a lot left that needs to be answered in the 2nd half of the season as well. Who was feeding the walkers at the fence? Is little ass-kicker really dead? What was going on with that radio signal they heard from 4 episodes earlier? February can't get here fast enough

That little girl who turned into a bad ass is the one that was feeding them. I thought it was pretty obvious but I guess that means its wrong.

Dalyn
12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
That little girl who turned into a bad ass is the one that was feeding them. I thought it was pretty obvious but I guess that means its wrong.

I think it is the little girl, too. I also think she killed the people earlier and Carol burned them and accepted responsibility to cover it up.

Scott Wilson is a great actor (much better than Andrew Lincoln), so I was sorry to see Hershel go. The series will be weaker for it.

The episode was a good one, but in comparison to the previous two it was fantastic. Smart of them to have such bad episodes before the mini-finale.

bravesnumberone
12-02-2013, 08:28 PM
My only issue with the episode is it should have happened at the end of last season. The Governor's death would have had much more impact then. I feel like the current showrunner is cleaning up the last one's mess a little bit, but I like the direction it's going. It'll be interesting to see where the group goes next and whether or not the baby really is dead, and if so, how it affects Rick and Carl.

RIP Herschel.

Oklahomahawk
12-02-2013, 08:32 PM

As are Trix...

you know just sayin'...

Oklahomahawk
12-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I think it is the little girl, too. I also think she killed the people earlier and Carol burned them and accepted responsibility to cover it up.

Scott Wilson is a great actor (much better than Andrew Lincoln), so I was sorry to see Hershel go. The series will be weaker for it.

The episode was a good one, but in comparison to the previous two it was fantastic. Smart of them to have such bad episodes before the mini-finale.

Did you see the Talking Dead episode last night, he and Maggie were on there and they had the remembrance scene for Hershel and one for the Gov.???

thethe
12-02-2013, 09:02 PM

You know, I didn't think about that. Thats why you are a smarter man than me. It would make all the sense in the world if Carol covered up for that girl. Good call.

Carp
12-02-2013, 09:30 PM

That is what my buddy was saying and it kind of makes sense. I thought that before as well before but I'm not so sure now.

Carp
12-02-2013, 09:32 PM

That actually makes a lot of sense with the little girl killing the other 2 people and Carol covering it up.

thethe
12-02-2013, 09:34 PM
That is what my buddy was saying and it kind of makes sense. I thought that before as well before but I'm not so sure now.

Well she gave names to the walkers and was defending that they were real people. It would make sense she wanted to feed them.

Dalyn
12-02-2013, 09:59 PM
You know, I didn't think about that. Thats why you are a smarter man than me. It would make all the sense in the world if Carol covered up for that girl. Good call.

I don't know about all that, but thanks. :cooter:

It also fits with Lizzie getting sick (but not Carl or some of the other kids). If she did do it, I wonder if she wanted a pet zombie or something? It is possible Carol killed and burned Zombie Karen and Zombie David.

Dalyn
12-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Did you see the Talking Dead episode last night, he and Maggie were on there and they had the remembrance scene for Hershel and one for the Gov.???

I didn't. Was going to watch it later this evening.

Oklahomahawk
12-02-2013, 10:28 PM
I didn't. Was going to watch it later this evening.

I only got to see about half of it, but that was pretty good. Love your JFK quote by the way.

Dalyn
12-02-2013, 11:01 PM
I only got to see about half of it, but that was pretty good. Love your JFK quote by the way.

Thanks! :dance: It is a favorite of mine.

The Chosen One
12-02-2013, 11:53 PM
I thought it's been kind of assumed that Lizzie pretty much killed the two and burned them and Carol covered up for her.

Dalyn
12-03-2013, 12:39 AM
I thought it's been kind of assumed that Lizzie pretty much killed the two and burned them and Carol covered up for her.

http://charlotteweston.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/green_eyed_monster.jpg

Dalyn
02-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Horrible first episode. So sick of Rick.

Bj1133
02-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Horrible first episode. So sick of Rick.

I had a mini marathon watching the first 8 episodes before the most recent and it really was a let down coming off the great mid-season finale.

Bj1133
02-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Better episode this week

thethe
02-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Better episode this week

Much better. Rick needs to become bad ass again. This pussy **** is getting to me.

Wonder what the dynmic with Carol is going to be now.

Tapate50
02-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Not many shows shook me at one point like TWD last night. When she was smothering the baby, I could almost feel my stomach starting to get ill. If that had gone through, I might have had to turn it off. I have a small child at home and it was just turning my stomach like a pinwheel.

Dalyn
02-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Okay episode. Much better than the first. Glad Carol is back.

Bj1133
02-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Getting the group out of the prison will be good for the show. Staying in one place too long (farm in Season 2, prison this season) seems to really drag the show down. There is only so much that can happen when staying in one place.

zitothebrave
02-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Getting the group out of the prison will be good for the show. Staying in one place too long (farm in Season 2, prison this season) seems to really drag the show down. There is only so much that can happen when staying in one place.

The problem is that you can do so much good, but they've left the basis of the comics so it has started sucking.

Dalyn
03-03-2014, 06:11 PM
This second half is really poor, so far. Just a boring show now. Not even sure why I still watch it.

The Chosen One
03-03-2014, 06:14 PM
This second half is really poor, so far. Just a boring show now. Not even sure why I still watch it.
True Detective has really spoiled us with quality everything.

thethe
03-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Last nights episode was absolutely brutal. Its like purposely put **** together so the one good show each half season is that much better.

Dalyn
03-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Last nights episode was absolutely brutal. Its like purposely put **** together so the one good show each half season is that much better.

My respect for Norman Reedus dropped considerably. That was some horrendous acting.

TURBO
03-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Was quite boring.

bravesnumberone
03-03-2014, 08:17 PM
It was awful last night, easily one of the worst of the series.

The Chosen One
03-03-2014, 08:22 PM
When Daryl said b it's time to go inside he wanted to get down with Beth but she denied

Dalyn
03-12-2014, 02:52 AM
http://media1.giphy.com/media/10Z07PG72mjqq4/giphy.gif

thethe
03-13-2014, 11:39 PM
I actually thought the last episode was pretty good.

Dalyn
03-13-2014, 11:42 PM
I actually thought the last episode was pretty good.

In comparison? Sure.

thethe
03-13-2014, 11:51 PM
In comparison? Sure.

I guess I'm just a sucker for zombie apocalypse.

The Chosen One
03-14-2014, 07:58 AM
I guess I'm just a sucker for zombie apocalypse.

I consider zombie apocalypse the scenes where Rick was in downtown Atlanta and the horse was eaten. Or when they tried to go to the college to get medicine/drugs and there was thousands of zombies. This whole 5-10 zombies is overwhelming is garbage. The zombies are slow, I have no idea how some of them can't defend themselves.

TURBO
03-14-2014, 01:52 PM
I consider zombie apocalypse the scenes where Rick was in downtown Atlanta and the horse was eaten. Or when they tried to go to the college to get medicine/drugs and there was thousands of zombies. This whole 5-10 zombies is overwhelming is garbage. The zombies are slow, I have no idea how some of them can't defend themselves.

First let me start off by saying I am still enjoying the show(Daryl and beth episode was boring) and look forward to it each week. But what you said is my biggest complaint. Oh no 2 walkers coming at us. Just seems a bit odd. A horde I would understand.

The Chosen One
03-14-2014, 02:12 PM
First let me start off by saying I am still enjoying the show(Daryl and beth episode was boring) and look forward to it each week. But what you said is my biggest complaint. Oh no 2 walkers coming at us. Just seems a bit odd. A horde I would understand.

Especially because it's been almost what 2 years since this thing started in Walking Dead chronology?

They've survived this long because they've been able to kill walkers rather quickly, the 2 walkers coming at youa nd freaking out is just ridiculous.

Bj1133
03-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Gotta remember these people aren't fully rested/healthy when they are encountering the walkers. That has to play some part in it.

The Chosen One
03-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Still. They could walk the same pace as the walkers drag and not be threatened. Dale couldn't push off a walker that weighs half as him. I know he's old but he couldn't do anything.

thethe
03-15-2014, 05:13 AM
What I thought ws strange was that hte Walkers were running when they stormed the trap house. I'm not sure I've seen the walkers run that much.

Dalyn
03-15-2014, 03:11 PM
What I thought ws strange was that hte Walkers were running when they stormed the trap house. I'm not sure I've seen the walkers run that much.

You just can't find good extras these days.

Tapate50
03-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Damn. Heavy episode

Dalyn
03-17-2014, 12:10 AM
Should've let the sister have her.

The Chosen One
03-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Best episode since Merle sacrificed himself for the group to try to kill the governor.

All the episodes since then have sucked or been meh.

I thought Judith was dead because at the end neither Carol or Tyrese is carrying Judith unless they have her stashed in one of their bags.

Carp
03-17-2014, 02:05 AM
One of the darkest episodes of a tv show I've ever seen. Wow.

TURBO
03-17-2014, 02:52 AM
Best episode since Merle sacrificed himself for the group to try to kill the governor.

All the episodes since then have sucked or been meh.

I thought Judith was dead because at the end neither Carol or Tyrese is carrying Judith unless they have her stashed in one of their bags.

They said on Talking Dead that they did have the baby with them

thethe
03-17-2014, 04:05 AM
Loved it. The only way it could have ended with that girl.

50PoundHead
03-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Interesting half season in that they've gone from the external situation of the characters (zombies, Governor, etc.) to the internal condition of the characters. Pretty existential stuff for a glorified comic book.

zitothebrave
03-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Interesting half season in that they've gone from the external situation of the characters (zombies, Governor, etc.) to the internal condition of the characters. Pretty existential stuff for a glorified comic book.

The actual comic is pretty intense. The whole kid killing kid then the other kid dying happened in the comic but was wa more intense because drawing kids is way easier than having good kid actors.

Bj1133
03-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Where was Judith at the end? Were those not baby shoes hanging on the cross at the grave?

The Chosen One
03-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Where was Judith at the end? Were those not baby shoes hanging on the cross at the grave?

Explanation given is that she was on a baby backpack on either Tyrese or Carol.

The shoes hanging ont he cross was a grave previously there before they came.

Bj1133
03-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Solid episode tonight - really not sure what the finale is going to bring.

Dalyn
03-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Solid episode tonight - really not sure what the finale is going to bring.

It was a fine episode, especially in comparison to most of the others. Just not sure how long a series can last with only two or three (assuming the finale is worthwhile) solid episodes per (half) season. The plot needs to evolve.

thethe
03-24-2014, 08:33 AM
It was a fine episode, especially in comparison to most of the others. Just not sure how long a series can last with only two or three (assuming the finale is worthwhile) solid episodes per (half) season. The plot needs to evolve.

Lots of people are still watching. There are ups and downs in terms of enjoyment for sure but I think overall they are doing a solid job of keeping people interested. Not sure how much longer this series of characters can last but I still enjoy watching.

zitothebrave
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Lots of people are still watching. There are ups and downs in terms of enjoyment for sure but I think overall they are doing a solid job of keeping people interested. Not sure how much longer this series of characters can last but I still enjoy watching.

That will change when the Zombie fad inevitably dies. Which isn't too far away my guess. Show's first season was great and it has been steadily falling in quality since then. Show would be way better if they condensed the story lines. They're neither succeeding in character development or advancing the story. Season 1 was great, season 2 was ok. since then it's just gone dramatically down hill. They drug out the prison for too long with little success.

thethe
03-24-2014, 11:04 AM
That will change when the Zombie fad inevitably dies. Which isn't too far away my guess. Show's first season was great and it has been steadily falling in quality since then. Show would be way better if they condensed the story lines. They're neither succeeding in character development or advancing the story. Season 1 was great, season 2 was ok. since then it's just gone dramatically down hill. They drug out the prison for too long with little success.

I don't necessarily agree with this as the zombie apocalypse genre is popular with ages 35 and below because of video games and will continue to be popular because of new generations of gamers. I'm not going to try and say that every episode is riveting or even good for that matter but overall I still enjoy watching it and based on their ratings and the fact that a spin off will happen in 2015 they are doing very well.

zitothebrave
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't necessarily agree with this as the zombie apocalypse genre is popular with ages 35 and below because of video games and will continue to be popular because of new generations of gamers. I'm not going to try and say that every episode is riveting or even good for that matter but overall I still enjoy watching it and based on their ratings and the fact that a spin off will happen in 2015 they are doing very well.

All trends die. Remember Vampires? That wasn't just something that teenage girls liked. It had a pretty solid following before from the nerd culture, then mainstream, then teeny then passe. It happens to every trend then it cycles. Zombies are in now and you may think it won't end but this current wave is only about 5 years old. Zombies are the in horror genre now but it will change.Walking Dead will end because it's not good enough of a show to live outside of it being a zombie show. What do I mean by that? Some shows can buck trends simply because they're great.

thethe
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Zombies have been around for much longer than 5 years. What are you talking about. The first Resident evil video game came out in 1996. There were also popular items out prior to that. This is much more than 5 years.

zitothebrave
03-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Zombies have been around for much longer than 5 years. What are you talking about. The first Resident evil video game came out in 1996. There were also popular items out prior to that. This is much more than 5 years.

The current cycle is 5 years old. Started with Zombieland which was considered the bucking of the current trend Vampires then continued from there. It has been around for a long time, but it's time as most popular is recent. Before Vampires it was seemingly mummies (though I could be remembering my pop culture history wrong)

thethe
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM
The thing that I believe you are overlooking is the market share that is interested in the zombie apocalypse. That market is growing...not decreasing. For the same reason why superhero movies exploded so are zombie type productions.

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Zeets. Dawn of the dead by Snyder was 2004. Land of the dead was 2005. 28 weeks later 2007, days later 2003

Resident evil movies have been since 2002.

Zombie genre never dies. People love imagining the possible zombie apocalypse. I've loved zombies since I saw notld 2.

Oklahomahawk
03-24-2014, 01:11 PM
My wife heard or read last night (after last night's episode) that they may be going to kill Rick's character off. Any thoughts...

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 01:14 PM
My wife heard or read last night (after last night's episode) that they may be going to kill Rick's character off. Any thoughts...

Impossible.

He's the focus of the comics, the backlash would be absolutely brutal. He has to watch Carl and Judith.

That'd be jumping the shark. The show revolves around Rick, started with him waking up from a coma in the hospital. The only way I'd see this happen is if he demanded too much money for next season.

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Also zeets, the vampire genre got popular because of Twilight and how they brought the sexual stuff into it. That was a teen fad, they're trying this VAmpire Academy but I think it will bomb.

Zombies have stood the test of time. It's amazing how many zombie movies I find on netflix, and they aren't even mainstream, just low budget indy or foreign zombie flicks. World War Z sequel is expected by the next few years. There's tons of stories they can do with the sequel.

thethe
03-24-2014, 01:17 PM
I read those rumors about killing off Rick. That is just to create buzz. I don't believe they will do that. But, they do need him to be more hardcore again. Hopefully his most recent encounter turns him back to being bad ass and a great leader.

thethe
03-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Also zeets, the vampire genre got popular because of Twilight and how they brought the sexual stuff into it. That was a teen fad, they're trying this VAmpire Academy but I think it will bomb.

Zombies have stood the test of time. It's amazing how many zombie movies I find on netflix, and they aren't even mainstream, just low budget indy or foreign zombie flicks. World War Z sequel is expected by the next few years. There's tons of stories they can do with the sequel.

Yeah, the idea that the zombie genre is going to die is way off. Its only going to have a larger market share as the new generation of gamers become spenders in the marketplace.

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 01:19 PM
I read those rumors about killing off Rick. That is just to create buzz. I don't believe they will do that. But, they do need him to be more hardcore again. Hopefully his most recent encounter turns him back to being bad ass and a great leader.

I think Daryl might die. He's stuck with this group. The same group is looking to kill Rick since he offed their guy in the bathroom. There's going to be a confrontation soon, either on the railroad tracks or Terminus.

thethe
03-24-2014, 01:22 PM
I don't think that the group knows about Rick. Nobody ever saw his face. They just know someone came in a messed stuff up.

thethe
03-24-2014, 01:23 PM
How do you put a spoiler?

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
I don't think that the group knows about Rick. Nobody ever saw his face. They just know someone came in a messed stuff up.

Nah Kris Kristofferson said that last night, that the black dude that saw Rick under the bed saw him. He's part of the group still, and Daryl asked if they saw the guy who offed their guy in the bathroom.

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 01:25 PM
How do you put a spoiler?

Not in quick reply, it's in the advanced thing. if not just type [ ] and inside SPOILER and again at the end of the sentence with /SPOILER (brackets)

thethe
03-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Nah Kris Kristofferson said that last night, that the black dude that saw Rick under the bed saw him. He's part of the group still, and Daryl asked if they saw the guy who offed their guy in the bathroom.

I remember them talking about it but I was talking to my wife at the time as well. I thought that they killed that guy when they fought over the bed. He was just unconscious? I must have not noticed him with the group.

Hmm...that complicates things moving forward.

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 01:28 PM
I remember them talking about it but I was talking to my wife at the time as well. I thought that they killed that guy when they fought over the bed. He was just unconscious? I must have not noticed him with the group.

Hmm...that complicates things moving forward.

Yeah the guy I guess was only put to sleep. Not killed.

thethe
03-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Did you notice him with the group though? I have to go back and watch both episodes again.

Bj1133
03-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Did you notice him with the group though? I have to go back and watch both episodes again.

Yea, he is there

thethe
03-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Hmm...thats interesting for sure. Will be fun to see how that storyline plays out.

Dalyn
03-24-2014, 04:42 PM
If we are lucky it ends with Rick dying.

thethe
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM
If we are lucky it ends with Rick dying.

Meh, I think you are too hard on him.

Dalyn
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Meh, I think you are too hard on him.

When is the last time he brought something to the show?

thethe
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM
When is the last time he brought something to the show?

I think they are really trying to play with his internal struggle. I mean this guy had to kill his best friend, lost his wife, and potentially lost his baby daughter. I think he will be brought back eventually as an integral role in the show. It seemed like he was in a more assertive role after leaving the last house they were staying at.

Dalyn
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM
I think they are really trying to play with his internal struggle. I mean this guy had to kill his best friend, lost his wife, and potentially lost his baby daughter. I think he will be brought back eventually as an integral role in the show. It seemed like he was in a more assertive role after leaving the last house they were staying at.

You are right that the pieces are there for an interesting lead, but he has yet to put them together and season four is almost over. Don't think it is going to happen.

thethe
03-24-2014, 05:22 PM
You are right that the pieces are there for an interesting lead, but he has yet to put them together and season four is almost over. Don't think it is going to happen.

The teaser trailer to the finale seemed to have him in a drastic situation. You are right that he hasn't been a meaningful part of the show in a while. I think that changes soon.

zitothebrave
03-24-2014, 10:14 PM

Wow rewritten history.

Early 2000s/late 90s had Buffy phenomenon, Blade trilogy, From Dusk Til Dawn, Van Helsing, then culminated the mid-late 2000s with 30 days of Night and I am Legend before switching over to the more girly.

Zombies have been around for a long time, but the horror niche du jour changes all of the time. Zombies had their first rise in the 70s, and then it's rebirth slowly started in the 2000s but was overshadowed by Vmpires and when Vampires were falling in the more nerd culture which was just before Twlight, mainstream still hung on, theat time is when the switch to Zombies started. Not sure when Zombies rain will end, but it will, just like all popular genres. Most of the people I know who watching walking dead are not nerds, nerds stick with shows (see Community/Arrested Development/Firefly/etc.) average viewers don't. Once it becomes passe, Walking Dead will crumble.

Carp
03-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Except the show isn't really about Zombies as much as it is about post-apocalyptic survival. To this point they haven't been (actively) looking for a cure or trying to see who/what is behind the virus. While Zombie's are the core of the show, the plot is about survival and how people live and react when governments and societies fall. The great thing about a show like this is that you don't have to have a complex center plot that you have to write around. And it's also a huge advantage that its based off a comic book, so they have plenty of material to use in writing the show.

Also, post-apocalyptic movies tend to do pretty well in theaters and pretty much never go out of style with audiences. Walking Dead isn't going anywhere any time soon b/c the writing and acting a million times better than 90% of the shows on TV.

zitothebrave
03-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Also, post-apocalyptic movies tend to do pretty well in theaters and pretty much never go out of style with audiences. Walking Dead isn't going anywhere any time soon b/c the writing and acting a million times better than 90% of the shows on TV.

:facepalm:

The Chosen One
03-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Except the show isn't really about Zombies as much as it is about post-apocalyptic survival. To this point they haven't been (actively) looking for a cure or trying to see who/what is behind the virus. While Zombie's are the core of the show, the plot is about survival and how people live and react when governments and societies fall. The great thing about a show like this is that you don't have to have a complex center plot that you have to write around. And it's also a huge advantage that its based off a comic book, so they have plenty of material to use in writing the show.

Eh. Revolution in nbc isn't doing to well. Zombie post apocalyptic works well. Falling skies started strong now getting absurd

thethe
03-25-2014, 05:45 AM
I'm just a shill for post-apocalyptic scenarios. I still enjoy falling skies as I see it as potentially more realistic than zombies.

I just don't see how you can think that the zombie apocolypse genre is going to die soon. The market size of people who are interested in it is just getting larger. There has always been a stronger zombie influence than vampire influence in video games.

zitothebrave
03-25-2014, 08:04 AM
I'm just a shill for post-apocalyptic scenarios. I still enjoy falling skies as I see it as potentially more realistic than zombies.

I just don't see how you can think that the zombie apocolypse genre is going to die soon. The market size of people who are interested in it is just getting larger. There has always been a stronger zombie influence than vampire influence in video games.

Most of those Zombie games are recent though. Both Genre's have a long lasting super franchise (Resident Evil for zombies and Castlevania for vampires) And the reason Zombies are prevalent now in videogames is cause of the rise of the FPS. In FPS you need a ton of enemies and what's easier than a horde of zombies? Vampires as villains fir more into RPGs and adventure games which have not been dominating.

thethe
03-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Most of those Zombie games are recent though. Both Genre's have a long lasting super franchise (Resident Evil for zombies and Castlevania for vampires) And the reason Zombies are prevalent now in videogames is cause of the rise of the FPS. In FPS you need a ton of enemies and what's easier than a horde of zombies? Vampires as villains fir more into RPGs and adventure games which have not been dominating.

Castlevania died after Super Ninetendo. The new games were ok but nothing like the popularity of Resident Evil.

Resident Evil came out in the US in 2002 so no its not recent. Its been in the gamers consciousness for quite some time now.

zitothebrave
03-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Castlevania died after Super Ninetendo. The new games were ok but nothing like the popularity of Resident Evil.

Resident Evil came out in the US in 2002 so no its not recent. Its been in the gamers consciousness for quite some time now.

Many great Castlevania games have come out in the last decade. Not as much as they did before that, but that's the case with most videogame franchises.

Seriously just cause you can't pick up trends doesn't mean anything. You're either choosing to be blind or you're ignorant. Zombies won't go away but they're experiencing a boom that's on the down swing soon. Like i said, when the interest in Zombies wanes, so will the Walking Dead. Though personally I think the Walking Dead will go out before then because people will turn on it at some point in the next season ro 2.

thethe
03-25-2014, 09:21 AM
You are comparing zombies to vampires. That in it of itself shows that you don't understand the difference in popularity and the root cause of that difference. Obviously, every trend wanes but its not going to be as quick as you believe. The young audience (35 and younger) loves zombies and that will probably stay consistent for quite some time.

The ratings are going up for the show and not down. The half season approach is working for them as it causes build up.

zitothebrave
03-25-2014, 09:47 AM
You are comparing zombies to vampires. That in it of itself shows that you don't understand the difference in popularity and the root cause of that difference. Obviously, every trend wanes but its not going to be as quick as you believe. The young audience (35 and younger) loves zombies and that will probably stay consistent for quite some time.

The ratings are going up for the show and not down. The half season approach is working for them as it causes build up.

The young audience loves zombies for now, then they'll move onto something else. Trends are called trends for a reason. Zombies are popular now but then something else will take it's place and it will go to the back burner. Walking Dead is popular now because of nerd of mouth. That has effectively ended. The nerds for the show have largely left it.

Want a show to compare it to? Think about Family Guy. It's still on the air it still gets viewers, but no one backs the shows and at any point it's core could slide and it would be over.

thethe
03-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Where is your evidence that the nerds have left the show? And where is your evidence that even matters?

50PoundHead
03-25-2014, 10:13 AM
I think these last two episodes have been pretty solid after a string of snoozers that didn't seem to advance the story or develop the characters the way these last two have.

zitothebrave
03-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Where is your evidence that the nerds have left the show? And where is your evidence that even matters?

The evidence is called the internet. Most nerds are backing off the show. Not all of course, that would be a silly blind statement. But the general consensus I've been able to find from talking to my nerdy amigos and talking online they all share my general consensus on The Walking Dead. The crowd who are watching Walking Dead now, are like the people who started watching Breaking Bad in season 3/4. Most people who watch the Walking Dead and are "obsessed" with it now started season 3/4 of it. They caught up on Netflix.

thethe
03-25-2014, 10:39 AM
The evidence is called the internet. Most nerds are backing off the show. Not all of course, that would be a silly blind statement. But the general consensus I've been able to find from talking to my nerdy amigos and talking online they all share my general consensus on The Walking Dead. The crowd who are watching Walking Dead now, are like the people who started watching Breaking Bad in season 3/4. Most people who watch the Walking Dead and are "obsessed" with it now started season 3/4 of it. They caught up on Netflix.

What a scientific response. If this were a baseball discussion and someone gave a response like that in baseball terms you would laugh it off as being moronic.

The ratings are up and will continue to go up for the time being. Like all things, interest will wane but if you think that point is now or sometime in the near future you are sorely mistaken.

thethe
03-25-2014, 10:42 AM
I think these last two episodes have been pretty solid after a string of snoozers that didn't seem to advance the story or develop the characters the way these last two have.

The show definitely struggles with consistently releasing episodes which have people talking. However, I believe that is integral to the show in that they lay groundwork for future episodes, or more specific certain moments, that leave you absolutely speachless.

The Chosen One
03-25-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't think any nerds have give up on the show.

I just think they don't take it as serious as they used to. I just dvr it, and when I anticipate a predictable boring scene I just fast forward it. Lizzie, Carol episode last week was the first time in a while I sat and watched it in it's entirety. I skipped some of Sunday's episode because I find Glen's behavior to be stupid and his awkward reactions with Maggie are awful.

The interesting characters don't get enough screen time to me. Stookey is going to be dead soon, very likely Sasha as well and the lesbian girl. We've BARELY seen Rick, Carl, and Michonne at all the last few episodes. Main character Rick has probably had 10 minutes of screen time since the House episode.

I think most nerds will check it out and then change the channel if the episode goes downhill.

Dalyn
03-25-2014, 05:04 PM
I know publishers are actively discouraging zombie submissions. The trend is on a downward spiral, for sure.

The Chosen One
03-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Rick proves again he is arguably the worst leader.

Dalyn
03-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Rick proves again he is arguably the worst leader.

Not sure what the argument is. Fredi?

What a lame finale.

Dalyn
03-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Raylan would've told the others to stay put while he checked it out. Once he spotted the watch, he would've gunned everyone down, ESPECIALLY TASHA YAR, before the food even finished cooking.

Dalyn
03-31-2014, 12:01 AM
I am not sure a season of any show has ended with a worse line from a worse lead. Wow. "They're screwing with the wrong people." Good thing there were a few new faces to introduce so Rick had time to think that one up.

The Chosen One
03-31-2014, 12:13 AM
Unless Rick knows something we don't... he seemed too overly cocky when they got caught

Dalyn
03-31-2014, 12:32 AM
Unless Rick knows something we don't... he seemed too overly cocky when they got caught

He is going to try really hard to make them all have bellyaches after they eat him.

The Chosen One
03-31-2014, 12:59 AM
Not gonna lie. We now know the rooftop shooters did it to push them to the cargo box. At first I just thought it was the usual walking dead awful marksmanship.

Dalyn
04-01-2014, 12:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/q8o3ytE.png

Tapate50
04-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Pretty rough ending.

I guess yall are implying that you know whats happening next at Terminus? They eat people?

thethe
04-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Build up for very little. Certainly a strange place that Terminus is but I was hoping for more in that finale.

bravesnumberone
04-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Solid finale. Awkward ending and lame line. Liked the flashbacks, and hopefully badass Rick is here to stay.

thethe
04-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Solid finale. Awkward ending and lame line. Liked the flashbacks, and hopefully badass Rick is here to stay.

I don'tthink it was awful but I usually expect big things in a finale because the episodes prior are always leading to that moment. I still do love the show though and am looking forward to the next season.

bravesnumberone
04-01-2014, 01:18 PM
It's still a good show, but I think it ultimately suffers from the fact the comics are still ongoing. And as long as the ratings stay high, I doubt AMC would want to end it. No end in sight makes it a little difficult to advance the plot. By advance the plot, I don't mean continuing to run into crazy people, but working its way toward answers about the plague.

Greater shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Mad Men had or have an end game in sight.

I still like the show, but it just isn't what it was the first season or two.

Dalyn
04-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Pretty rough ending.

I guess yall are implying that you know whats happening next at Terminus? They eat people?

Of course they do.

bravesnumberone
10-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Show comes back tomorrow.

Bj1133
10-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Solid opener - kinda surprised that they, in a show known for dragging things out, didn't make the Terminus seige last more than 1 episode

thethe
10-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Solid opener - kinda surprised that they, in a show known for dragging things out, didn't make the Terminus seige last more than 1 episode

I think they are probably going to go in more detail about how Terminus came to be what it was.

I agree though, that was a solid episode.

The Chosen One
10-13-2014, 08:52 PM

Well the Termites are still alive, at least the leader.

So it's far from over.

TURBO
10-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Really good episode.

bravesnumberone
10-13-2014, 10:56 PM
I thought it was pretty solid, but the show has always done premieres really well. We'll see if it can stick throughout the whole season. Off to a good start.

Carp
10-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Wow that premiere was epic. Non stop action from start to finish.

Tapate50
10-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Probably one of the best episodes in a long while. Loved it.

TURBO
10-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Cable is acting up. Probably gonna miss it tonght. Anywhere I can watch online?

bravesnumberone
10-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Welp. D'Angelo better call String or someone....

Carp
10-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Turbo, you can watch it online for free at solarmovie.is

No downloading, all stream. I've never had an issue with it working for me. Just watched it on the site myself.

This episode was just plot building. Nothing major really happens.

Tapate50
10-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Can't figure out the deal with Preach... Really confusing what his deal is

The Chosen One
10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Can't figure out the deal with Preach... Really confusing what his deal is

If it's anything like the comics then...

Gabriel knows about a group called the Hunters, who are stalking Rick and his group. I'm assuming Garrett and Co. who escaped Terminus are now the Hunters, and Gabriel knows about them. Gabriel's sin is he turned people away from the church during the zombie outbreak, so Gabriel will lead Rick to the location of the Hunters.

thethe
10-26-2014, 09:05 PM
This season has been awesome so far. I was wondering when Beth was finally going to be in the story again. I can't wait till next week.

bravesnumberone
10-27-2014, 08:58 PM
One of the best episodes to date. Annoyed to see Bob go though. Show lost one of its better actors.

thethe
10-27-2014, 09:21 PM
One of the best episodes to date. Annoyed to see Bob go though. Show lost one of its better actors.

Yeah, that was a shame for sure. The Cannibal leader looked to have so much promise. I thought he would have been a better villain than the governor.

Carp
10-28-2014, 12:26 AM
I want to know why Maggie would agree to leave knowing there is a possibility that her sister is still alive, probably somewhere nearby. Surely, Daryl told Maggie what happened to Beth.

Tapate50
10-28-2014, 09:14 AM
great season so far.

thethe
10-28-2014, 09:17 AM
great season so far.

I know its going to eventually end but its so well done I hope it never does.

bravesnumberone
11-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Episode was just ok. The doctor was interesting at least. **** got real though at the end.

goldfly
11-03-2014, 02:47 AM
hilarious for cops to think they still hold power in a zombie apocalypse

could still easily believe they would be dicks

TURBO
11-03-2014, 03:34 AM
Awkward lollipop scene.

Dalyn
11-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Awkward lollipop scene.

Try this one. (http://www.takethislollipop.com/)

bravesnumberone
11-03-2014, 12:55 PM
hilarious for cops to think they still hold power in a zombie apocalypse

could still easily believe they would be dicks

They arrested the white girl, and let the black guy go. Dafuq?

rico43
11-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Keep in mind that the story is a year or more behind the comic, and it's still going strong. AMC has not reason to even remotely consider ending the show. Unlike so many of them, it could go on for years and never cover the same ground.

Tapate50
11-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Um Damn.

bravesnumberone
11-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Excellent. This season is bringing it. They've finally found some writing that works.

Carp
11-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Wow. Half way expected to see Abraham off himself, or take off in the firetruck and drive straight into the zombie hoard

goldfly
11-10-2014, 04:20 AM
that episode was terrible

Carp
11-10-2014, 04:47 AM
It was definitely the weakest episode of the season yet as basically nothing happened, but I wouldn't call it terrible.

Bj1133
11-10-2014, 07:00 AM
I think you can tell they are setting up a mid-season finale where Rick and Co end up storming the hospital where Beth/Carol are.

The Chosen One
11-10-2014, 08:20 AM
I think you can tell they are setting up a mid-season finale where Rick and Co end up storming the hospital where Beth/Carol are.

Do not click if you don't want spoilers.

Beth dies. She resuscitates Carol, but she ends up die during the group's rescue. Daryl walks out of the trees with Noah (black kid that helped Beth). Noah tells the group where the crazy cops are and they make their way over there. Beth dies.

thethe
11-10-2014, 08:40 AM
It was definitely the weakest episode of the season yet as basically nothing happened, but I wouldn't call it terrible.

To not expect some episodes where there is plot development is crazy. Those episodes are needed and I think the audience learned alot that we needed to know about Abrahams history. If the group doesn't find a new direction/mission he is going to go awol.

I agree it wasn't one of the better episdoes of the season but still enjoyable.

thethe
11-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Pfft....Don't even TEASE ME!

Carp
11-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Do not click if you don't want spoilers.

Beth dies. She resuscitates Carol, but she ends up die during the group's rescue. Daryl walks out of the trees with Noah (black kid that helped Beth). Noah tells the group where the crazy cops are and they make their way over there. Beth dies.

Is this legit or just your theory? I am 99% certain Noah is walking with Daryl. But I think Carol let herself get captured once they found out Beth was in there and was in danger.

The Chosen One
11-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Is this legit or just your theory? I am 99% certain Noah is walking with Daryl. But I think Carol let herself get captured once they found out Beth was in there and was in danger.

Legit. When Daryl and Carol go look for Beth, there's a car accident, and Carol falls off of a bridge.

Bj1133
11-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Don't really understand why that happened

The Chosen One
11-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Don't really understand why that happened

Me neither.

Can't say I'm mad about it, her character was easily one of the least interesting/important ones on the show.

TURBO
11-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Felt like they offed her just for the sake of offing someone.

Carp
12-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Felt like they offed her just for the sake of offing someone.

I kinda agree. They haven't killed off a central character since Hershel.

Dalyn
12-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Game of Thrones made this sort of plot point popular. I just wish more shows would learn to utilize all the elements that make this sort of thing work, not just replicate the actual event. There is a reason it worked so well for Game of Thrones and not so well for many of the shows throwing it out there now. If you're going to steal or borrow or whatever, don't forget to steal/borrow/whatever the part that makes it all work!

Tried to keep that spoiler free.

bravesnumberone
12-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Overall, I think this was a solid half season, but I wasn't that excited by the midseason finale. Just real oddly paced, and the shock ending felt really forced. Still think the show is in a better spot than it's been in some time.

Dalyn
12-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Overall, I think this was a solid half season, but I wasn't that excited by the midseason finale. Just real oddly paced, and the shock ending felt really forced. Still think the show is in a better spot than it's been in some time.

Forced is exactly right. Bit of a disappointment because the rest of the season flowed pretty well.

The Chosen One
12-01-2014, 08:03 PM
I kinda agree. They haven't killed off a central character since Hershel.

I found beth to be as unimportant as Bob Stukey.

Carp
12-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Lol, to my credit Bob was only around for a season and a half if I'm not mistaken. And his dialogue really only increased a lot leading up to his death.

Carp
12-01-2014, 10:10 PM
And it was a very puzzling midseason finale. I would have expected this for a season finale with a better lead up. Midseason finales are supposed to leave cliff hangers.

thethe
12-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Lol, to my credit Bob was only around for a season and a half if I'm not mistaken. And his dialogue really only increased a lot leading up to his death.

I wonder when the black guy who looked after Rick in the first season is coming back. They showed a brief clip of him walking in the area a few episodes back.

BTW, who are the "Walking Dead". Is it the zombies or the people?

Dalyn
12-01-2014, 10:25 PM
I wonder when the black guy who looked after Rick in the first season is coming back. They showed a brief clip of him walking in the area a few episodes back.

BTW, who are the "Walking Dead". Is it the zombies or the people?

They also showed him after this episode. Did you miss it?

thethe
12-01-2014, 10:32 PM
They also showed him after this episode. Did you miss it?

Did they? I just watched it and didn't notice it.

Dalyn
12-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Did they? I just watched it and didn't notice it.

Yeah. After the credits AND the previews for the return.

thethe
12-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah. After the credits AND the previews for the return.

Thanks, I had it taped and I just watched it.

I wonder what he did with all his ammo.

Dalyn
12-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks, I had it taped and I just watched it.

No problem. It surprised me coming after the previews and all. Bet a lot of people missed it.

Runnin
12-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Aren't he and Rick on good terms? I kept expecting him to show up when they were being attacked by the Gov.

thethe
12-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Aren't he and Rick on good terms? I kept expecting him to show up when they were being attacked by the Gov.

Yeah, they left on as good of terms as you could in this apocalyptic world.

The Chosen One
12-02-2014, 02:28 PM

The reason Morgan wasn't on the show was because he waz doing low winter sun. Now that the show got cancelled he can come back to twd.

50PoundHead
12-02-2014, 03:39 PM
The reason Morgan wasn't on the show was because he waz doing low winter sun. Now that the show got cancelled he can come back to twd.

Great stars. Terrible show. Very tired premise.

As per The Walking Dead, I actually had to binge some episodes to make better sense of the mid-season finale. A lot of jumping around.

Bj1133
02-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Wasn't expecting that to happen

thethe
02-09-2015, 07:15 AM
Wasn't expecting that to happen

Neither did I. Crazy.

Tapate50
02-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Two central characters killed of in back to back episodes . Dang.

thethe
02-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Two central characters killed of in back to back episodes . Dang.

It really allows the plot to continually evolve since they keep introducing new characters central to the main story line. Kind of smart if you think about it.