PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ryan Braun done for 2013, A-Rod and Friends next?

CrimsonCowboy
07-22-2013, 04:38 PM
And so it begins..........................

Jon Heyman just posted on Twitter that Ryan Braun has been suspended by MLB

Others now reporting Braun has been suspended for the rest of the season without pay

thethe
07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
And so it begins..........................

Jon Heyman just posted on Twitter that Ryan Braun has been suspended by MLB

Others now reporting Braun has been suspended for the rest of the season without pay

Oh boy...this is going to be a HUGE story now. Is it any wonder A-rod gets an injury the day prior to his call up? I'm sure that injury was real.

thethe
07-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Wonder if A-rod will be suspended now and for how long. The rumors are still 150 games here in NY.

CrimsonCowboy
07-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Wonder if A-rod will be suspended now and for how long. The rumors are still 150 games here in NY.

I could see that. It's clear MLB is ready to send a stern message and it doesn't matter to them who it may involve.

CrimsonCowboy
07-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Statement from Ryan Braun (taken from CBS Sports):

“As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect," said Braun in a statement. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.”

thethe
07-22-2013, 04:57 PM

“As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect," said Braun in a statement. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.”

Please, stop doing PED's you phony.

nocalgirl10
07-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I find it odd that Braun is all of a sudden changing his tune and accepting the suspension. MLB must have a really solid paper trail connecting these guys to Biogenesis.

drewdat
I would wait until he's healthy again and then drop the 150 games on him. Unless there's a way that hurts the Yankees more financially.

thethe
I find it odd that Braun is all of a sudden changing his tune and accepting the suspension. MLB must have a really solid paper trail connecting these guys to Biogenesis.

Again, just rumors I'm hearing on NY radio but supposedly MLB has everything and they are not holding back.

ChapelHillMatt
He needs to apologize to his fantasy owners, lol

yeezus
07-22-2013, 04:59 PM

Yeah Im going to guess he was screwed.

thethe
07-22-2013, 04:59 PM
I would wait until he's healthy again and then drop the 150. Unless there's a way that hurts the Yankees more financially.

The best thing for Yankee haters if or him to not get suspended. Yankees are going to get major salary relief for next year now and being out for this long puts the rest of his career in question.

thethe
07-22-2013, 05:00 PM
He needs to apologize to his fantasy owners, lol

After what happened last time, fantasy owners were drafting him at their own risk.

CrimsonCowboy
07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
SI column from last month: Braun Scandal Reminds Us Of Man Whose Reputation He Ruined

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/news/20130604/ryan-braun-biogenesis-steroids-mlb-suspension-dino-laurenzi/#ixzz2ZoYRRaOC

jpx7
07-22-2013, 05:10 PM
It's too bad, regarding Braun: I've always liked him as a player.

thethe
07-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Braun is a scumbag for allowing that to happen. I wish baseball would just ban all these guys. Only then will the other players get the message.

jpx7
07-22-2013, 05:11 PM
I wish baseball would just ban all these guys. Only then will the other players get the message.

Remind me never to put you in charge of anything.

thethe
07-22-2013, 05:24 PM

So it was ok to let his lawyers destroy the normal joe schmo guy in his previous case when he knew he was guilty? Braun is a terrible person.

mossy
07-22-2013, 05:25 PM

How many second chances should these guys get?

jpx7
07-22-2013, 05:27 PM
So it was ok to let his lawyers destroy the normal joe schmo guy in his previous case when he knew he was guilty? Braun is a terrible person.

Never passed judgment one way or another as to Braun's first run-in with the PED constabulary. My response was directed at the remainder of your post, and I've edited the quoted section accordingly.

jpx7
07-22-2013, 05:28 PM
How many second chances should these guys get?

Two?

mossy
07-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Why? Baseball is an elite club. If you don't want to play by the rules, go back to where you came from and never come back. Seems pretty simple to me.

jpx7
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Why?

Because those are the guidelines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_drug_policy#Discipline) upon which the MLB and the MLBPA have contractually agreed.

cajunrevenge
07-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Honestly I only care about players on teams with 150+ million payroll using PED's. I dont fault the Brauns of the world for doing PED's, how else are they supposed to compete with teams like the Yankees? Do something about performance enhancing payrolls first then I will care about performance enhancing drugs. Just because the yankees are incompetent does not mean they do not have the largest advantage in american sports.

sturg33
07-22-2013, 06:14 PM
It's so stupid that baseball cares so much about this...

The sport will continue to suffer

bravesnumberone
07-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I love how everyone feels like they have to apologize after they **** up. Go to hell, Braun. You knew what you were doing was wrong and you did it anyway.

ChapelHillMatt
07-22-2013, 06:28 PM
I love how everyone feels like they have to apologize after they **** up. Go to hell, Braun. You knew what you were doing was wrong and you did it anyway.

Apology seems hollow after he's lied about it the entire time. He's only apologizing because he got caught.

drewdat
07-22-2013, 06:30 PM
I only care about it when I think the guy is a douchebag. Although that seems like pretty much every time. Especially Melky.

Carp
07-22-2013, 06:49 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure that is how court works. I suppose all criminals are douchebags for exercising their legal rights and hiring a lawyer to defend them......

Mrs. Meta
07-22-2013, 06:50 PM
This song was obviously written for Ryan Braun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UjJ4wKLkg)

Tapate50
07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
This is impossible. I was told multiple times on here this was much ado about nothing.

weso1
07-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Braun comes across as a pretty terrible person out of this ordeal. Really acted like a huge ass in hindsight. At least Lance Armstrong did the Cancer stuff.

drewdat
07-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that is how court works. I suppose all criminals are douchebags for exercising their legal rights and hiring a lawyer to defend them......

He went after the guy in his prepared statement after winning the appeal. Unnecessary and in light of recent developments, inexcusable.

thethe
07-22-2013, 07:37 PM
This is impossible. I was told multiple times on here this was much ado about nothing.

Cant' wait to see the reaction when A-rod gets 150.

Gary82
07-22-2013, 08:23 PM

What a piece of ****. They should just go ahead and ban him.

I also love the ambiguity of this statement. He doesn't mention roids/peds, and he doesn't admit to anything. All we know from this is, he's not perfect, and he's sorry if he's offended you. What a piece of ****.

Orphan Black
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah...I hope that guy sues Braun big time.

SI column from last month: Braun Scandal Reminds Us Of Man Whose Reputation He Ruined

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/news/20130604/ryan-braun-biogenesis-steroids-mlb-suspension-dino-laurenzi/#ixzz2ZoYRRaOC

AUTiger7222
07-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm just very sadden by all of this. Ryan Braun was one of my favorite players and to know that he's a straight up cheater and liar just crushes me. Here's my blog post about how I feel.

http://bigtbliss.blogspot.com/2013/07/ryan-braun-is-cheater-and-liar.html

sentenza
07-23-2013, 12:57 AM
In every other sport he would have get a 2-year ban!
Not baseball! It's sad!

The Chosen One
07-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Not baseball! It's sad!

$$$$ and :cooter:

Bdawg2309
07-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Not baseball! It's sad!

in the NFL it would've been a slap on a wrist and would've been disregarded instantly

Metaphysicist
07-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Seems like he agreed to the 65 games now because he'll lose less money than the 50 games next year.

TURBO
07-23-2013, 03:52 AM
Seems like he agreed to the 65 games now because he'll lose less money than the 50 games next year.

Plus he is banged up right now. Has a thumb injury that has been bothering him for a while.

Runnin
07-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Of course I would have him on my F team.

Carp
07-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Plus he is banged up right now. Has a thumb injury that has been bothering him for a while.

Plus Brew Crew suck this yr. Not like his loss is affecting anything but ticket sales and draft position

kingphatcow
07-23-2013, 06:51 AM
UNban PEDs.

CyYoung31
07-23-2013, 08:34 AM
in the NFL it would've been a slap on a wrist and would've been disregarded instantly

This is practically a slap on the wrist. Sure, Braun's out of 3.4 million, but is still set to make about 120 million until 2020. And, he's still going to play all of next season.

gilesfan
07-23-2013, 08:53 AM
This is practically a slap on the wrist. Sure, Braun's out of 3.4 million, but is still set to make about 120 million until 2020. And, he's still going to play all of next season.

Saves MLB a lot of time an effort like any plea deal.

CyYoung31
07-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Saves MLB a lot of time an effort like any plea deal.

Right, but it's not like this punishment is that severe. But, then again, it's part of the bargaining agreement so I'm not complaining.

Julio3000
07-23-2013, 09:12 AM
I think this is a good deal for the parties concerned—"good" being a relative term in this situation, obviously. MLB avoids a litigious fight, Braun a worse suspension. The club would rather him miss the remainder of this season than part of next year, I'm sure.

thethe
07-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Apparently, major league baseball had the least amount of evidence on Braun. If that's the case then we are about to see some massive suspensions in the next few months.

Dunit24
07-23-2013, 09:42 AM
IMO, MLB is letting Braun off easy. This is the time MLB can really make it loud and clear that this isnt acceptable. I mean im reading that Braun is on a sorry team, is hurt, and its actually to his benefit in a way that he is suspended the rest of the season this year so he can come back next year with a clean slate and getting paid what he originally was supposed to make. I read that Nelson Cruz could admit he was cheating and get suspended 50 games and be back for the last 2 weeks of the season and playoffs. Im also seeing these guys that are on the list still playing and helping their respective ball clubs.

I would think there would be a much stricter way of handling this if I were MLB. Just seems they are wanting to become much more strict, but at the same time, Braun gets away with essentially a slap on the wrist. Suspend him for the first 50 of next season as well. Suspend Cruz and others who are on the list and in contention, for the rest of the season + playoffs.

gilesfan
07-23-2013, 11:15 AM
The penalty is 50 games. Braun is a scumbag enough, but guess what, he just threw a bunch of other players under the bus as well. Guys that they have more evidence on. He accepted a longer suspension that what is written.

gilesfan
07-23-2013, 11:19 AM
I am glad this happened to Braun. Everyone knew he was guilty and got off on a technicality. He couldn't just let it go, he had to gloat about how he told everyone the truth would come out.

Well, it did, bro.

jpx7
07-23-2013, 11:21 AM

But which wrist?!

jpx7
07-23-2013, 11:24 AM

Well let's throw you a parade for your awesome "victory."

stpeteirish
07-23-2013, 12:34 PM
best thing about this is the union is on board with it. Maybe the critical mass of players is finally against PED's. A big step in the right direction. More guys are pissed about the cheaters among them than afraid of getting caught.

Julio3000
07-23-2013, 01:03 PM
But which wrist?!

The one the NFL uses to jerk the world off about PEDs and head injuries.

Tapate50
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Well let's throw you a parade for your awesome "victory."

:tchop::eusa_naughty::cooter:

Krgrecw
07-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Arods rumored to be getting a lifetime ban.

I wouldn't worry about the NFL in regards to steroid usage. The league is about to be in so much **** they'd wish they were having a steroid scandal

emk418
07-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Im trying to scoop him up in both my keeper leagues.

thethe
07-23-2013, 08:55 PM

I wouldn't worry about the NFL in regards to steroid usage. The league is about to be in so much **** they'd wish they were having a steroid scandal

Wow, I knew they had the goods on him but not that bad.

bravesnumberone
07-23-2013, 09:26 PM

To me, this is the most efficient way to get it out of the game. How many guys have been caught gambling since Pete Rose?

Braun got off relatively easy. He's already made enough money and is set to make enough money next year where the money he'll be out this year won't matter. Sure, his reputation will be tarnished going forward, but in the words of Chappelle's Show "I'M RICH *****!."

Runnin
07-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Braun got off relatively easy. He's already made enough money and is set to make enough money next year where the money he'll be out this year won't matter. Sure, his reputation will be tarnished going forward, but in the words of Chappelle's Show "I'M RICH *****!."
It bothers me that Braun was able to make this deal and the wrongdoer gets to decide his punishment.

cajunrevenge
07-24-2013, 07:48 AM
What happens to his salary if he is banned for life? If they dont have to pay it then this is just Selig helping the Yankees. If MLB wants to hurt Arod then let him play and get mercilessly booed by the yankee drones every game because he sucks and makes more than some entire MLB teams payroll. At the least make the Yankees pay and give it to charity. The Yankees already have the biggest advantage in American sports because of their market, no need to give them amnesty on one of their horrific contracts.

thethe
07-24-2013, 07:59 AM
What happens to his salary if he is banned for life? If they dont have to pay it then this is just Selig helping the Yankees. If MLB wants to hurt Arod then let him play and get mercilessly booed by the yankee drones every game because he sucks and makes more than some entire MLB teams payroll. At the least make the Yankees pay and give it to charity. The Yankees already have the biggest advantage in American sports because of their market, no need to give them amnesty on one of their horrific contracts.

A-Rod needs to be kicked out. I don't care if it helps the Yankees.

cajunrevenge
07-24-2013, 08:20 AM
If Arod was still mashing I could see the point but he likely wont be better than a .800 OPS hitter if that. Baseball has a long tradition of cheating. How is this any different than scuffing the ball or throwing spit balls. How can ***lord Perry be in the hall of fame and ARod banned for life.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 08:23 AM
If Arod was still mashing I could see the point but he likely wont be better than a .800 OPS hitter if that. Baseball has a long tradition of cheating. How is this any different than scuffing the ball or throwing spit balls. How can ***lord Perry be in the hall of fame and ARod banned for life.

Is there evidence of Perry doing this on tape/video?

Scuffing the ball, throwing spit balls, reading signs, etc. Yeah that's been in the book for a hundred years.

This is an entirely different reason.

Metaphysicist
07-24-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't care if it helps the Yankees.

Worse than Hitler, etc, yadda yadda

thethe
07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
So now reports out of NY are that A-rod is not hurt and the Yankees are holding him back. This story is getting crazy.

I don't think he is going to get the lifetime ban but I do think 150 games is coming.

Krgrecw
07-24-2013, 04:19 PM
The Yankees fell out of love with ARod years back. They've been trying to get rid of his contract for a while. They'd be all for a lifetime ban for ARod to get rid of that contract

ChapelHillMatt
07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
What does a lifetime ban really do anyway? He's at the end of his career. It's not like he's in the prime of his career.

thethe
07-24-2013, 04:37 PM
What does a lifetime ban really do anyway? He's at the end of his career. It's not like he's in the prime of his career.

I'm not sure but if you are banned from baseball you can't get paid by baseball. So if that were the case then A-rod is not getting over 100 million dollars. Not like that he isn't wealthy beyond any of our imaginations but its still 100 million.

weso1
07-24-2013, 04:41 PM
If the Yanks get out of ARod's contract if MLB gives him a lifetime ban, then I'm vehemently against the lifetime ban. Just ban him till the end of the season like they did with Braun. Not sure why ARod deserves a worse suspension than Braun who played MLB for a complete fool.

BravesBlock
07-24-2013, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=thethe;12789]So now reports out of NY are that A-rod is not hurt and the Yankees are holding him back. This story is getting crazy.

Could Arod have faked an injury to prevent being activated? Do you have to be active for them to suspend you? If you do have to be active then It would make sense that he fake an injury to stretch out receiving salary as long as possible - especially if he has heard that they may ban him for life. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

thethe
07-24-2013, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=thethe;12789]So now reports out of NY are that A-rod is not hurt and the Yankees are holding him back. This story is getting crazy.

Could Arod have faked an injury to prevent being activated? Do you have to be active for them to suspend you? If you do have to be active then It would make sense that he fake an injury to stretch out receiving salary as long as possible - especially if he has heard that they may ban him for life. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

No, A-Rod had one of his doctors come on to the top sports station in NY and told the NY public that he was never hurt. The Yankees are the ones holding him back.

BravesBlock
07-24-2013, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=BravesBlock;12844]

No, A-Rod had one of his doctors come on to the top sports station in NY and told the NY public that he was never hurt. The Yankees are the ones holding him back.

What reason would NY have to do that? How does that benefit them?

thethe
07-24-2013, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=thethe;12853]

What reason would NY have to do that? How does that benefit them?

Everything is just a rumor but some think that major league baseball and the Yankees are colluding to keep A-rod down until they can suspend him.

BravesBlock
07-24-2013, 06:27 PM
So you do have to be active in order to be suspended? If this rumor is true then that could explain it.

thethe
07-24-2013, 06:31 PM
NT

Javyz1fan
07-25-2013, 08:21 AM
If the Yanks get out of ARod's contract if MLB gives him a lifetime ban, then I'm vehemently against the lifetime ban. Just ban him till the end of the season like they did with Braun. Not sure why ARod deserves a worse suspension than Braun who played MLB for a complete fool.

Back in April, the Times and NY Daily News reported that MLB sources said A-Rod went out and bought evidence that implicated himself to try and cover it up.

Here was one article covering it: http://deadspin.com/reports-it-was-a-rod-naturally-who-bought-ped-eviden-472713547 .

If that is in fact true, that is one reason why they would go after him like a dog after a bone.

The Chosen One
07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Back in April, the Times and NY Daily News reported that MLB sources said A-Rod went out and bought evidence that implicated himself to try and cover it up.

Here was one article covering it: http://deadspin.com/reports-it-was-a-rod-naturally-who-bought-ped-eviden-472713547 .

If that is in fact true, that is one reason why they would go after him like a dog after a bone.

Welcome to the Board! :tchop:

Javyz1fan
07-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the Board! :tchop:

Thank you! I was wondering where everyone had gone to. I didn't know what had happened.

Matt was nice enough to give me the link, so here I am! :tchop:

thethe
07-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Wait, I thought some of us were foolish to think A-rod would get more than 50 games? Still might not happen but where is my friend GF now with a snarky remark?

Metaphysicist
07-25-2013, 10:15 AM
I still don't see why A-Rod would "plea down" to 150 games, absent something much worse than merely using PEDs.

jpx7
07-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I still don't see why A-Rod would "plea down" to 150 games, absent something much worse than merely using PEDs.

He also bet on who else was using.

thethe
07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130729&content_id=55167730&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Continues to look worse and worse for A-rod. This guy was really dumb enough to get others involved. Geez.

elmonthc
07-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Arod desreves a lot of whats coming bit mlb is still being unfair to him and the yankees.

Not to mention this is all mlb and seligs fault to begin with. They act like theyre on some crusade when they caused this problem to begin with. Not to mention mlb players have been taking drugs for decades.

jpx7
07-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Not to mention this is all mlb and seligs fault to begin with. They act like theyre on some crusade when they caused this problem to begin with. Not to mention mlb players have been taking drugs for decades.

And don't even get me started on the announcers.

CyYoung31
07-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Honestly, I think I hate Selig more than A-Rod at this point.

bravesnumberone
07-30-2013, 10:39 PM
They are taking their sweet time with this thing. Just release it already so teams can move on.

rico43
07-30-2013, 10:46 PM
It almost seems as if they want the trade deadline to pass to prevent teams from making a quick fix!

A conspiracy! I love it!

Bj1133
07-31-2013, 06:11 AM
It almost seems as if they want the trade deadline to pass to prevent teams from making a quick fix!

A conspiracy! I love it!

I'm perfectly fine with that

zitothebrave
07-31-2013, 07:17 AM

A conspiracy! I love it!

I would be shocked if Selig did that. He is an owners owner afterall.

thewupk
07-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Arod desreves a lot of whats coming bit mlb is still being unfair to him and the yankees.

So you want them to sit back and do nothing like the NFL does? Yes they looked away when all of this started getting out of control. But they have to do something and I am fine with this. And I don't see how this is unfair to Arod. He lied then admitted to using steroids once before and now lied about it again. He deserves whatever happens to him.

thewupk
07-31-2013, 08:51 AM
I would be shocked if Selig did that. He is an owners owner afterall.

Well I don't think the list will be made available publicly until after the trade deadline but I am sure teams know what's up. As you saw with the Tigers getting a new SS.

thethe
07-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Well I don't think the list will be made available publicly until after the trade deadline but I am sure teams know what's up. As you saw with the Tigers getting a new SS.

Yeah, that deal basically solidified that these players are getting suspended.

GovClintonTyree
07-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Jpx is on fire.

CrimsonCowboy
07-31-2013, 06:08 PM
MLB prepared to ban A-Rod for life, suspend eight others:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

Javyz1fan
08-01-2013, 09:29 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

They need to do it and be done with it. Trade deadline is over, so dragging this out further does no one any favors. If they know what they're going to do, announce it already.

I am hoping they throw A-Rod out for life, but I will be surprised if Selig actually has a spine for a change and goes for that.

thethe
08-01-2013, 09:30 AM

I don't see any witty plea ups for speeding tickets now.....

thethe
08-03-2013, 07:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9535752/alex-rodriguez-likely-suspended-2014-season-monday-according-sources

I guess he plea bargained up.

cajunrevenge
08-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Very frigging convenient for the Yankees who will save a ton of money if they are under the luxury tax threshold next year. The only thing worse than Bud doing the Yankees a huge favor is going to be the nonstop ESPN coverage when ARoid comes back in 2015.

bravesnumberone
08-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Way to flame out, Bud. Wouldn't expect anything different.

Javyz1fan
08-04-2013, 05:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9535752/alex-rodriguez-likely-suspended-2014-season-monday-according-sources

I guess he plea bargained up.

It doesn't even make any sense. The previous reports kept saying he had a choice: accept a suspension through 2014 and don't fight it, or get hit with a lifetime ban.

So, he refuses the suspension through 2014, vows to fight it, mouths off in the press, allegedly infuriates Selig, and he likely gets... a suspension through 2014. :confused:

BlackwaterPark
08-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Pisses me off how the announcement deadline has been moved 4-5 times already

thewupk
08-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Very frigging convenient for the Yankees who will save a ton of money if they are under the luxury tax threshold next year. The only thing worse than Bud doing the Yankees a huge favor is going to be the nonstop ESPN coverage when ARoid comes back in 2015.

It's a favor for what, one year? They aren't going to be able to sign and other players to big deals like Schowalter was saying. When Arod comes back in 2015 they will once again start paying him.

bravesfan247
08-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I just dont agree with ARods ban. Do i believe he took drugs? Yes. Do i believe he's a good guy? Probably not. But the rules state that if you fail a drug test its 50 games. 1st he claims he's never failed a drug tet. 2nd how is the league able to suspend him more than 50 games. Seems to me the league isnt following its rules. The facts may prove different and show they did what they were legally bound to do. Just seems fishy.

gtcway
08-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I just dont agree with ARods ban. Do i believe he took drugs? Yes. Do i believe he's a good guy? Probably not. But the rules state that if you fail a drug test its 50 games. 1st he claims he's never failed a drug tet. 2nd how is the league able to suspend him more than 50 games. Seems to me the league isnt following its rules. The facts may prove different and show they did what they were legally bound to do. Just seems fishy.

But he's not being suspended for failing a drug test. I don't remember the exact details, but it's something to do with lying and trying to impede MLB's investigation.

thethe
08-04-2013, 02:19 PM
But he's not being suspended for failing a drug test. I don't remember the exact details, but it's something to do with lying and trying to impede MLB's investigation.

And he is linked to actually getting more players involved with this clinic. Bud Selig is using "best interest of the game" argument for this suspension. This is not a PED use related ban from what I have been reading.

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 02:51 PM

As the previous two mentioned, it's not from a positive test, it's from apparently there's evidence that he impeded and tampered with evidence in MLB's biogenesis investigation. He paid people to destroy tests and evidence, recruited others for the biogenesis program as well.

If true, he's no better than Rose. Lifetime ban. I can forgive Rose for gambling because at least he bet on his own team, A-Rod already admitted to using before and had a 60 minutes interview, then he goes back and tries to sweep this under the rug.

nsacpi
08-04-2013, 03:07 PM
He paid people to destroy tests and evidence, recruited others for the biogenesis program as well.

And was kind enough to leave a trail of emails and text messages for the investigators.

bravesfan247
08-04-2013, 03:14 PM
As the previous two mentioned, it's not from a positive test, it's from apparently there's evidence that he impeded and tampered with evidence in MLB's biogenesis investigation. He paid people to destroy tests and evidence, recruited others for the biogenesis program as well.

If true, he's no better than Rose. Lifetime ban. I can forgive Rose for gambling because at least he bet on his own team, A-Rod already admitted to using before and had a 60 minutes interview, then he goes back and tries to sweep this under the rug.

Thanks for the clarification. That clears it up. I understand a lifetime ban now.

nsacpi
08-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I was watching his press conference from two days ago. His IQ has to be below 100. He probably has the highest ratio of self-absorption to intelligence on the planet. An interesting combination.

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 03:24 PM
I was watching his press conference from two days ago. His IQ has to be below 100. He probably has ratio of self-aborption to intelligence on the planet. An interesting combination.

That must mean you be third? Since you married your ex-wife. :Bunchie1:

nsacpi
08-04-2013, 03:25 PM
That must mean you be third? Since you married your ex-wife. :Bunchie1:

You're quicker than my delete button lol

Julio3000
08-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Forget Scott Boras. Better call Saul!

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
You're quicker than my delete button lol

Was wondering why you threw away such conviction to type that up to begin with.

You're not a mod here, so you don't have to behave. Although it's not like thethe and CyYoung behave anyways. :icwudt:

Javyz1fan
08-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I was watching his press conference from two days ago. His IQ has to be below 100. He probably has the highest ratio of self-absorption to intelligence on the planet. An interesting combination.

I saw it too. I had fallen asleep and woke up at something like 1am to see that. So bizarre.

I couldn't decide if he is merely a delusional narcissist who actually believed the tripe he was saying, or if he really is just dumber than a box of rocks.

I'm guessing it's a combo of both...

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 06:51 PM
I love Girardi trolling saying he pencilled in A-Rod in Monday's lineup when he probably knows A-Rod is as good as toast.

mossy
08-04-2013, 07:07 PM
I love Girardi trolling saying he pencilled in A-Rod in Monday's lineup when he probably knows A-Rod is as good as toast.

Can't he appeal though and then play tomorrow?

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Can't he appeal though and then play tomorrow?

I guess so.

I was assuming Selig would invoke the best interest of baseball clause and the players union wouldn't back off.

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 07:32 PM
If BJ can heat it up... and push up to the 5th spot. Wow

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Alright Wood, let's get a quickie.

yeezus
08-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Alright Wood, let's get a quickie.

Wrong thread n00b

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Wrong thread n00b

Wood got me excited prematurely. :Sad:

thethe
08-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeezus, is that true that there will be 3 suspended players who have yet to be announced?

The Chosen One
08-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Yeezus, is that true that there will be 3 suspended players who have yet to be announced?

Avilan?

Would explain the move for Downs.

cajunrevenge
08-04-2013, 10:02 PM
If it was Avilan then he wouldnt be sitting out tonight.

Javyz1fan
08-04-2013, 10:35 PM
I guess so.

I was assuming Selig would invoke the best interest of baseball clause and the players union wouldn't back off.

Selig never fails to disappoint or live down to low expectations.

They were saying on ESPN during the game that they're going to suspend him through the drug policy only so he can appeal, because then Selig can cry about insufficient punishment rules during the offseason.

Never ceases to amaze me what a moron that man is. If ARod agreed not to appeal, he was supposed to get the lesser punishment of suspended through 2014. Instead, first we learns he gets that lesser punishment anyway and NOW we learn he also gets afforded an appeal, even though he won't agree to squat. :roll:

How exactly does he get his way without doing anything asked of him, I have to wonder.

yeezus
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM

Im confused.

nsacpi
08-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Glad none of our players are ACES clients.

yeezus
08-05-2013, 12:02 PM
List is out of guys who have accetped 50 games:

Cruz
E. Cabrera
J. Peralta
J. Valdespin
A. Bastardo
S. Escalona
Cervelli
J. Montero
C. Puello
F. De Los Santos
F. Martinez
J. Norberto

Orphan Black
08-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Phillies about to lose their only consistent relief pitcher.

The Chosen One
08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Phillies about to lose their only consistent relief pitcher.

Anybody have a .gif of Charlie Manuel with his hands hanging on the dugout fence, chewing and chewing and chewing.

MadduxFanII
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Aw man, not Jordan Norberto. My youthful innocence and joie de vivre have been crushed.

The Chosen One
08-05-2013, 12:15 PM
With around 50 games left, I suppose Baseball wanted to do this now so that way their suspensions run until the end of the year and by the time they're over and lifted the playoffs begin to push it out of the news cycle.

Also, thank god we've never had a player linked or tied to this stuff.

Sheffield and his cream is about the closest I think, with Javy and his lean contract year as well.

jpx7
08-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Also, thank god we've never had a player linked or tied to this stuff.

Sheffield and his cream is about the closest I think, with Javy and his lean contract year as well.

Well, there was Ken Caminiti for sure.

BlackwaterPark
08-05-2013, 12:29 PM
So why are all these dude hispanic, or look hispanic (Braun)

gilesfan
08-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Well, there was Ken Caminiti for sure.

Jordan Schafer?

yeezus
08-05-2013, 12:31 PM

Braun is ***ish.
I think a lot of it is linked to the Miami area, which is heavily Latino.

seriously, j.e.w. ish is blocked???

nsacpi
08-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Biogenesis is in Miami.

I suspect there are a couple other similar operations in other parts of the country with a clientele that maybe has a different ethnic composition.

jpx7
08-05-2013, 12:44 PM
seriously, j.e.w. ish is blocked???

Still waiting for an answer to this.

Tapate50
08-05-2013, 01:10 PM

Thats so racist.

gtcway
08-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Still waiting for an answer to this.

Cracker !!!???

nsacpi
08-05-2013, 01:37 PM
No official announcement so far. Wonder if the delay is due to some last minute negotiations with ARod.

Heyward
08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
No official announcement so far. Wonder if the delay is due to some last minute negotiations with ARod.

He's gonna appeal.

Looks like he will play tonight in Chicago.

Heyward
08-05-2013, 02:17 PM
And official.

ARod suspended through entire 2014 season.

He's likely to appeal though.

bravesfan247
08-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Am I the only one that wants to see him play tonight? Im not saying that i want him to be exonerated, but at least for a game or two i'd like to see what he does.

yeezus
08-05-2013, 02:19 PM
And official.

ARod suspended through entire 2014 season.

He's likely to appeal though.

211 games.
I'm guessing he's not maintain innocence, but considers the length unfair?

BlackwaterPark
08-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Am I the only one that wants to see him play tonight? Im not saying that i want him to be exonerated, but at least for a game or two i'd like to see what he does.

I wanna see him escorted from the stadium like a reject when he tries to get in..

Heyward
08-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Id like to see him play too.

Heyward
08-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Is it me or is it bull that some of these players can return from these suspensions?

In the playoffs.

nsacpi
08-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Is it me or is it bull that some of these players can return from these suspensions?

In the playoffs.

Melky could have returned last post-season. Not saying it's right, but those are the rules currently in place.

nsacpi
08-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Will Carroll points out that if ARod plays tonight the Yankees will not be able to collect on their disability policy. Love it. Do not want the Evil Empire to gain any benefit from this. Or as little benefit as possible consistent with ARod being punished.

Tapate50
08-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Will Carroll points out that if ARod plays tonight the Yankees will not be able to collect on their disability policy. Love it. Do not want the Evil Empire to gain any benefit from this. Or as little benefit as possible consistent with ARod being punished.

Second dumbest extension ever handed out, right behind Mark Sanchez.

stpeteirish
08-05-2013, 03:08 PM
anyone else notice now many of these guys are injured, or have been injured since the "treatments"?

sentenza
08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Time to retire, A-Rod!
and Bastardo is on the list also! Ugh!

Peralta was always a mystery, for me!

but of course all players can start the 2014 season! This is bull****!
100-300 games are ok, or directly a 2 year ban like in other sports!

CyYoung31
08-05-2013, 04:02 PM
So, what happened with Gio?

Heyward
08-05-2013, 04:09 PM
So, what happened with Gio?

Nothing.

They didn't find enough to suspend him,

Heyward
08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I'll probably get ripped for this but whatever.

It's absolute crap ARod gets a 214 game ban but Braun only 60+ games.

I think he's getting screwed here.

I don't care or hate the Yanks or ARod but it's crap he's getting a raw deal here.

Rip away.

nsacpi
08-05-2013, 04:19 PM

I don't care or hate the Yanks or ARod but it's crap he's getting a raw deal here.

Rip away.

We don't know all the facts. I've seen speculation that his relationship with Biogenesis spanned the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons. Would that constitute 3 violations of the drug provisions of the CBA?

mfree80
08-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Rip away.

I don't think its crap at all. Not only did he use PED's, but he proliferated their use by recruiting others, facilitating access to them, and impeding the investigation. It's like the difference between a user and a distributor.... then add in tampering with witnesses and covering up evidence.

He has made the problem much worse and included many more people in it by his actions.

I have no problem with him getting a harsher penalty.

Be a good citizen of the sport!!!

The Chosen One
08-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Rose gambled ban for life.

A-Rod admitted use previously, then used again, then became a contact/distributor/dealer/go-to-guy for many others.

How he doesn't get ban is beyond me. He broke the rules and integrity of the game more than once.

TXBravesFan
08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
The appeal will be interesting, because it seems, at least on the surface, that A-Rod would have a case.

Not that I know all that's mandated by the CBA, but it does come off kind of harsh in comparison.

I could see MLB getting burned again on this one. A-Rod's a special case though obviously, so we'll see.

Bdawg2309
08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
batting cleanup tonight

Dalyn
08-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Until they start punishing teams, too, cheating will never go away. They need to do it. Cheaters help teams win while they are cheating and save them money once they are caught. It is ridiculous.

Dalyn
08-05-2013, 04:57 PM
batting cleanup tonight

Ironic.

Javyz1fan
08-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Ironic.

ESPN was saying they think Jeter got put on the DL to accommodate him.

There's another irony. The contrast between those two is amazing.

I may hate the Yankees players for the mere fact that they are Yankees, but that issue aside, I respect Jeter. I respect him as a player and as a person. He's an example of how to be a player, while ARod could go write a "What Not To Do" manual.

Javyz1fan
08-05-2013, 05:25 PM
If double posting is a no-no, I apologize.

But he is on CNN right now. Not saying much of anything thus far.

mfree80
08-05-2013, 10:51 PM

As long as you don't quote yourself. :icon_biggrin:

Tapate50
08-06-2013, 07:25 AM

He didn't say anything of note other than he is going to endure the "process for this type of thing".

Kruk and the legal eagle for BBT were saying that Arods people reached out to Seligs office and said he wouldn't appeal 100 games, but when Selig heard Arod come out publicly and say he was not negotiating with MLB what so ever, which made Selig was not going to settle for anything less than 200.

NYCBrave
08-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Did anyone see Dan Meyer's Tweets? (Yes, the same Dan Meyer we traded for Hudson):

Hey Antonio Bastardo, remember when we competed for a job in 2011. Thx alot. #ahole

— Dan Meyer (@Dmy53) August 5, 2013

Never said I was good enough but what about the players that never got their chance? Their lives could have been completely different.

— Dan Meyer (@Dmy53) August 5, 2013

Dunit24
08-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Did anyone see Dan Meyer's Tweets? (Yes, the same Dan Meyer we traded for Hudson):

..and he is exactly right. Who knows how many others lost jobs bc of those who cheated.

thethe
08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
The whole landscape of baseball would be different if not for PED's. Its just impossible to predict what would have happened.

Orphan Black
08-06-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm really curious to see what the free agent cheaters get this off season. Sounds like the Rangers won't be resigning Nelson Cruz, and I imagine a lot of the teams are going to shy away from them (especially with what Cabrera has done with the Blue Jays this season).

nsacpi
08-06-2013, 10:34 AM
The Phillies will sign Cruz.

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 06:05 AM
So reports are circulating that in addition to being a Dealer/Connection/User, you can add "Rat Snitch" to his accolades as well.

He and guys in his inner circle ratted out a fellow teammate and others who were using.

Tapate50
08-16-2013, 08:08 AM
What a real POS. Just a garbage bin of a person....

gilesfan
08-16-2013, 08:53 AM
So reports are circulating that in addition to being a Dealer/Connection/User, you can add "Rat Snitch" to his accolades as well.

He and guys in his inner circle ratted out a fellow teammate and others who were using.

who?

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 08:55 AM
who?

From what I saw on Morning Joe and Mike and Mike... Cervelli and Braun were both leaked out to the media by A-Rod and his inner circle. Apparently he was upset that he was being painted as the lone ranger bad guy.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2013/08/alex_rodriguez_associates_reportedly_leaked_named_ of_ryan_braun_francisco_cervelli_according_to_60_m .html

gtcway
08-16-2013, 10:49 AM
From what I saw on Morning Joe and Mike and Mike... Cervelli and Braun were both leaked out to the media by A-Rod and his inner circle. Apparently he was upset that he was being painted as the lone ranger bad guy.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2013/08/alex_rodriguez_associates_reportedly_leaked_named_ of_ryan_braun_francisco_cervelli_according_to_60_m .html

I don't blame him. Who knows, if he didn't leak the names, maybe Bud would have let the other guys slide and only go after Arod.

The Chosen One
01-11-2014, 08:45 PM
A-rod's suspension has been reduced from 211 to 162.

Basically the games he would've missed at the end of this season plus next season has been reduced to entire 2014 campaign.

AUTiger7222
01-12-2014, 02:22 AM
Braves open the 2014 season in Milwaukee. I really am not looking forward to dealing with the whole Ryan Braun mess first hand.