PDA

View Full Version : Moto X

zitothebrave
07-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Pretty intrigued by this phone. Aside from the obvious reason to be excited (first phone Google really had a say in) I'm finding their direction really cool. Basically switching the attitude of how powerful a device is for a flagship device to how smart it can be.

Some features that the phone can do include gesture related actions (twisting your wrist brings up camera) and adding a similar to Google Glass always present Google Now where instead of having to touch your phone you can just say "OK Google Now..." and it will launch Google Now.

What could be the selling point for me though is the cost. Rumor has it that it could cost less than the Nexus 4 which retails for 299, though I'd expect it to be closer to the 349 16 GB version. If that's the case it's my phone. I can keep my unlimited data and have the option of going with another device on an upgrade later.

Only other device I'm considering over the X would be the Note 3, which I'd be going for because of the power. Like the S Pen functionality but I'd need to root the phone to get rid of the other Verizon/Samsung crap I don't want.

zitothebrave
08-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Interesting announcement. Love the capabilities of the device, but I don't love the pricing point. Think the Carriers are hurting the potential of this device. At a lower price point (which Motorola supposedly wanted to offer) it could have killed. As it is, I think it will be a great device love the added features of the x8 processor. Unfortunately Verizon really missed the boat. There's little differentiators between the X and the Ultra and I feel like the 2 out at the same price would only create confusion. To me there is no reason to buy the Ultra since it's only plus is a slightly larger screen the same resolution (so lower PPI) and less of the fun X stuff. To me they needed to get MotoMaker to have a differentiator.