PDA

View Full Version : How good are we really?

Tino25Dynasty
07-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Since our 12-1 hot start, we've been a .500 team..., But luckily the rest of the teams in our division are .500 teams or worse themselves so we've stayed in first but overall, we've got a lot of holes. I don't think anyone here can say we're the best team in the league or anything (based on performance anyway)

But do people still believe we're an elite team or just a so-so team in the right division after a hot first two weeks of baseball?

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
I look at it this way.

If we have another last month collapse like 2011, Fredi is gone most likely.

I don't see this team playing .500 ball the rest of the way. We're either going to suck really bad or get hot.

With how talented this team is, I see it more of the latter than the former.

PawPawMaxwell
07-24-2013, 09:40 AM
The team is talented. No doubt. But it seems to me (underline the seems) that there is a lack of motivation and drive to excel in action. The talent is on paper for sure. The question is why this team cannot win on the road even against obviously inferior teams?

50PoundHead
07-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Hard to say. Thank heavens what looked like one of the stronger divisions in baseball hasn't been as strong as projected. I don't think we are a shoo-in for anything, but the Nats and Phils aren't taking advantage of our uneven play. We've built a nice lead while being maddeningly inconsistent.

I think we can keep things patched together enough and win the division, but I don't see the team as being particularly well-suited to compete in the post-season. But, of course, the post-season is a total crapshoot. What the Nats and Phils do at the deadline will tell me a lot about what they think their chances are at overtaking us. To this point (and to be fair injuries have played a role), the Nats have to be the most disappointing team in baseball this season.

NYCBrave
07-24-2013, 09:50 AM
The team is talented. No doubt. But it seems to me (underline the seems) that there is a lack of motivation and drive to excel in action. The talent is on paper for sure. The question is why this team cannot win on the road even against obviously inferior teams?

The team is too complacent. It starts in the clubhouse with our manager and I don't think he's the type to motivate our guys or fire them up. In contrast, players loved playing for bobby and gave their all for him. With this team, it's like business as usual, there's no urgency and it seems to lead to a lack of focus.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 09:53 AM
The team is too complacent. It starts in the clubhouse with our manager and I don't think he's the type to motivate our guys or fire them up. In contrast, players loved playing for bobby and gave their all for him. With this team, it's like business as usual, there's no urgency and it seems to lead to a lack of focus.

Cue JPX.

Tino25Dynasty
07-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Those are all fair and honest analogies... I agree with pretty much all of them... Right now, I'll just go ahead and say that we're NOT a good team. We're NOT a BAD team either. We're exactly as we've been playing. A .500 team. Don't know what to expect on any given night.

We've got overperformers and underperformers. Very few sure things on our team most of the season other than maybe Freddie, Kimbrel, and pleasant surprise Chris Johnson.

And I don't really see most of it turning around or at least there are no signs of it. BJ Upton. Just one of many examples. The dude is gonna finish the season below the mendoza line. Embarrassing. And yet he's still gonna make more money this season than I will in my lifetime despite doing pretty much nothing.

Basically if everything stays as it is, our best hope would be to somehow all of a sudden get hot come playoff time, otherwise gonna be a familiar early playoff exit for us.

thethe
07-24-2013, 10:00 AM
If Heyward/Upton don't start producing offensively we won't win a game int he postseason.

nsacpi
07-24-2013, 10:05 AM
There are some things we can't control. For example, as things stand we would face the Dodgers in a five game series. With Kershaw and Greinke their chances would be pretty good. But we have no control over that and it really isn't something that would generate an interesting discussion.

There are some things the team/manager/front office can control. To me those are the interesting things to be discussed around here. We have decisions to make regarding the rotation, choices to make about which lefty we trade for and what price we are willing to pay for him. As we get into September and hopefully October, Fredi will have to make choices about which players to play and which to sit. And come the off-season decisions about McCann and others. Always something interesting to talk about.

thethe
07-24-2013, 10:09 AM
There are some things we can't control. For example, as things stand we would face the Dodgers in a five game series. With Kershaw and Greinke their chances would be pretty good. But we have no control over that and it really isn't something that would generate an interesting discussion.

There are some things the team/manager/front office can control. To me those are the interesting things to be discussed around here. We have decisions to make regarding the rotation, choices to make about which lefty we trade for and what price we are willing to pay for him. As we get into September and hopefully October, Fredi will have to make choices about which players to play and which to sit. And come the off-season decisions about McCann and others. Always something interesting to talk about.

Personally, I'd like to see if we can catch lighting in a bottle with Alex Wood in the rotation and just let Medlen finish out this year in the pen. I know that destroys his value but at this point we need to do what is best for the team and there is something wrong with Kris. His control is just not there anymore and maybe a trip to the bullpen would be best for him to get it back.

benchguy
07-24-2013, 10:13 AM
He is just back to reality...other than last year he was just an average pitcher...

Personally, I'd like to see if we can catch lighting in a bottle with Alex Wood in the rotation and just let Medlen finish out this year in the pen. I know that destroys his value but at this point we need to do what is best for the team and there is something wrong with Kris. His control is just not there anymore and maybe a trip to the bullpen would be best for him to get it back.

thethe
07-24-2013, 10:15 AM
He is just back to reality...other than last year he was just an average pitcher...

Last year happened.

nsacpi
07-24-2013, 10:18 AM

We are at the point in the season where you have to start giving more weight to performance than pedigree. Bochy was great at doing that for the Giants last year. He went with Zito over Lincecum for example. Fredi has to be willing to do the same. Play the guys who are performing. It might mean Gattis in left. Or Schafer in center. Or Medlen in the pen. It should all be about who is turning in the performances on the field as we get into September and October. And that might mean demoting someone with a big contract or big reputation. A manager gets paid to make those calls, and do it in a way that minimizes disruption to team chemistry.

I'm a big Medlen fan. But its gotten to the point where I want to see Wood and Beachy in the rotation. Medlen will bounce back, but given we have some good alternatives he is running out of time to do so this year.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 10:26 AM

It's a small samplesize, but he was pretty decent before he had TJ surgery in 2010.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 10:26 AM
What has Wood done exactly to prove he's better than Medlen?

Beachy was our best pitcher last year prior to the surgery, but Wood?

thethe
07-24-2013, 10:29 AM

I just love his package.

benchguy
07-24-2013, 10:31 AM
as they say: what have you done for me lately???

Last year happened.

thethe
07-24-2013, 10:33 AM
as they say: what have you done for me lately???

Are you ready to throw in the towel on Heyward and Upton then?

CyYoung31
07-24-2013, 10:57 AM

The answer has to be Uggla.

PawPawMaxwell
07-24-2013, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=CyYoung31;12678]The answer has to be Uggla.[/QUOTE

Forgive me if Im wrong but my sarcasm meter is inop at the moment.

But in answer to your statement, certainly Uggla carries a huge portion of the underperformance quota. along with Fredi for not recognizing it.

emk418
07-24-2013, 11:25 AM

I don't like Medlen moving to the pen because it kills his trade value but I do think it makes the team better. We add a dominant set up man to our pen and have either Beachy or Wood who in theory can do as good or better in the rotation then Medlen is right now.

emk418
07-24-2013, 11:28 AM
This kind of already has the feel of two years ago during the collapse. The question then wasn't if we were going to turn it around but will the season end before the Cardinals had time to catch us. Not saying we can't turn it around because the talent certainly is there, but kind of feels like we need to start counting down the days till the season ends in hopes of making the playoffs.

Again, I will never say this is just Fredi's fault, but the first change needs to be getting rid of him. Since we have no room on the roster to make drastic changes, firing Fredi is the only drastic move we could/should make.

Russ2dollas
07-24-2013, 11:29 AM
This team is a 500 team with our OF playing like this. For us to win post season games our OF has to be at least 75% of their potential.

So far Upton is awful. JUp is avg at best (esp when you factor in D). Heyward is solid b/c of D and running, but hitting is about avg for position.

This team is built to have solid pitching (we look better than solid now, but vs better line ups in the playoffs we won't be as good) and a stud OF. The OF is the entire team. That is why I wouldn't trade a decent asset for anything at the deadline. We are all in on the OF.

Enscheff
07-24-2013, 11:33 AM
There is nothing Wren can do to improve this team in any significant way. A LHed BP arm won't really make much of a difference.

The problem is most of the studs aren't being studs. Freddie and Mac are doing well. JUpton is doing just OK. Heyward, BUpton and Uggla are sucking wind. Simmons isn't the leadoff hitter many thought he would be.

For this team to win in the postseason the studs need to make an impact. If they sleepwalk like they are now the Braves will be celebrating the hanging of another division championship flag because they will be out of the postseason quickly.

The men that are supposed to be "the guy" need to step up. Simple as that really. Wren can't possibly build a team expecting guys to underperform so drastically.

Tino25Dynasty
07-24-2013, 11:37 AM
This kind of already has the feel of two years ago during the collapse. The question then wasn't if we were going to turn it around but will the season end before the Cardinals had time to catch us. Not saying we can't turn it around because the talent certainly is there, but kind of feels like we need to start counting down the days till the season ends in hopes of making the playoffs.

Great points... And you're right... It's been kinda just hoping none of the teams in our division get hot (and so far that's been the case) but even then, lets face it. We still really felt like "yea, even if we get in the postseason, we'll be lucky to win a game".

This team is a 500 team with our OF playing like this. For us to win post season games our OF has to be at least 75% of their potential.

So far Upton is awful. JUp is avg at best (esp when you factor in D). Heyward is solid b/c of D and running, but hitting is about avg for position.

This team is built to have solid pitching (we look better than solid now, but vs better line ups in the playoffs we won't be as good) and a stud OF. The OF is the entire team. That is why I wouldn't trade a decent asset for anything at the deadline. We are all in on the OF.

You're right... Especially about JUp.... Since April, he has been subpar... I don't know why he's even still in the 3 spot to be honest. I guess because guys like Simmons, BJ, Heyward, and Uggla are as bad and worse, the fact JUp hasn't been great goes more unnoticed

Nerfherders
07-24-2013, 11:55 AM
I keep waiting for the Nats to figure it out and go on a 20-10 run. If/when they do that, suddenly they'll be back in it because the Braves won't do better than 15-15. With each passing day I have less and less faith that the Braves can go on a run - something like 12-4 would probably be enough. I kind of gave the Braves a pass since they had such a brutal schedule early in the season, but now they've gone 17-20 in their last 37 games, and 7-12 on the road in that span. This stretch includes 27 games against losing teams. Amazingly, they've only lost a half game on second place since then, and gained a half game on the Nats.

But I can almost guarantee that if the Braves continue the slow bleed, they will get caught. 29-33 from here on out would get the Braves to 85 wins. Does anyone think that's going to be enough?

Dalyn
07-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Fredi is a big problem. Coaching as a whole, actually. Pitchers can't execute 0-2 pitches. Hitters can't hit. Baserunners can't run. No one can play small ball. With a team like that, you can't have the guy at the top consistently putting players in the best position to LOSE.

Julio3000
07-24-2013, 12:11 PM
I've heard Leo Mazzone tell a story about Maddux asking him to warn Bobby that Greg would give up a lot of 0-2 hits. He told it again on the pre-game show yesterday, in the context of the stat that the Braves staff led the league in 0-2 hits allowed. Leo expressed a preference for guys sticking to their plans to get batters out rather than wasting pitches based on count, without really accomplishing anything.

BRule
07-24-2013, 12:11 PM
We are the 4th best team in the NL, behind STL, LA, PIT (In that order, IMO)

And probably the 10th best overall behind the AL Teams : Boston, Tampa, Detroit, Oakland, Texas

Bottom line is, our front end pitching isn't good enough...and our lineup is, well, you guys know.

bravesnumberone
07-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Pretty much all the things I wanted to say have been said already. But the main point is this. Wren can make a tweak here or there for depth, Fredi can make a lineup change or whatever, but until all of the supposed "it" guys start being the "it" guys and producing, this team won't reach its full potential. I don't want to say they're not trying, but there's absolutely no visible sense of urgency. And don't try to bring up Heyward's amazing catch the other night. I'm talking about day in and day out. There's no fire. If you can't see that, you're blind. Every team can't have a Yasiel Puig that gives a jolt, but someone, anyone, needs to get that boot in the ass mentality. This team needs Chipper Jones type leadership in the worst way possible.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Pretty much all the things I wanted to say have been said already. But the main point is this. Wren can make a tweak here or there for depth, Fredi can make a lineup change or whatever, but until all of the supposed "it" guys start being the "it" guys and producing, this team won't reach its full potential. I don't want to say they're not trying, but there's absolutely no visible sense of urgency. And don't try to bring up Heyward's amazing catch the other night. I'm talking about day in and day out. There's no fire. If you can't see that, you're blind. Every team can't have a Yasiel Puig that gives a jolt, but someone, anyone, needs to get that boot in the ass mentality. This team needs Chipper Jones type leadership in the worst way possible.

That's pretty cliche.

We had Chipper's leadership in the worst way possible in 2011 and that didn't do us much good.

What we need is some guy to step it up and show the rest of the team how it's done. Freeman was doing that before the ASB.

BRule
07-24-2013, 12:19 PM
That's pretty cliche.

We had Chipper's leadership in the worst way possible in 2011 and that didn't do us much good.

What we need is some guy to step it up and show the rest of the team how it's done. Freeman was doing that before the ASB.

Lol at leadership fixing it....what we "need in the worst possible way" is an Ace and people to stop striking out and starting getting hits/walks.

bravesnumberone
07-24-2013, 12:21 PM
That's pretty cliche.

I only use Chipper as an example because he is seen as the generic go-to guy, but you're right. Mainly it's time for Heyward to take that role. Or whoever. It's got to be the players because I have no confidence in Fredi.

bravesnumberone
07-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Lol at leadership fixing it....what we "need in the worst possible way" is an Ace and people to stop striking out and starting getting hits/walks.

An ace would definitely help, but we're not getting an ace, so we have to find another way. Part of not striking out and having better at bats is having someone lead by example if nothing else.

50PoundHead
07-24-2013, 12:23 PM

With you 100% on the first half of your argument. You lose me a bit on the leadership/no urgency stuff, but the guys who are expected to produce need to produce and outside of Freeman and McCann that hasn't been happening with any regularity.

bravesnumberone
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Well I'm still waiting for this team to put together a torrid 2-3 week stretch like they're supposedly capable of. Have been waiting since the third week of the season when they were 13-2.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Well I'm still waiting for this team to put together a torrid 2-3 week stretch like they're supposedly capable of. Have been waiting since the third week of the season when they were 13-2.

So let me get this straight.

You started waiting for this team to have a 2-3 week torrid stretch, when they had just finished a 2 week torrid stretch? :confused:

bravesnumberone
07-24-2013, 12:32 PM
So let me get this straight.

You started waiting for this team to have a 2-3 week torrid stretch, when they had just finished a 2 week torrid stretch? :confused:

Well been waiting since May, I should say. You get the point.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Well been waiting since May, I should say. You get the point.

I know. I'm just messing with you. :cooter:

What part of Savannah are you in? I'm over by Daffin.

bravesnumberone
07-24-2013, 12:35 PM
I know. I'm just messing with you. :cooter:

What part of Savannah are you in? I'm over by Daffin.

Over in that same area, across Victory from Daffin though. It's a lively neighborhood.

weso1
07-24-2013, 12:45 PM
If our players would just put up career norms the rest of the way I'd feel good about us winning the division. On paper the roster is good, but very frustrating at times. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Dunit24
07-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Potential - We can win it all. Look at us early in the season. We got guys who can carry an offense, a shutdown bullpen, and starters that consist of no ace, but solid who can get the job done.

Reality - Its all mental. Mentally, we are either overconfident, or just flat out overrated. So much talent, but lack of desire and lack of a killer instinct. We are a young team so maybe a year of being in 1st place all year long is what these guys need and over time that instinct will come, but as of right now they seem pretty content at keeping a 6-7 game cushion instead of putting the Nationals and Phillies away for good.

TURBO
07-24-2013, 02:48 PM
I still dont think we have played our best baseball. Maybe we wont this season.

NYCBrave
07-24-2013, 02:56 PM
How would you feel if you were a Nats fan? On paper, they have a team equally as talented as ours.

cajunrevenge
07-24-2013, 03:26 PM
We dont have to be a great team. Just make the playoffs and anything can happen. The Giants last year werent all that good. The Cardinals won the world series with an 84 win team. We have a team with a lot of streaky hitters. How many times did we make the playoffs with the best team and get no where, we are due some post season luck.

CyYoung31
07-24-2013, 03:28 PM
We dont have to be a great team. Just make the playoffs and anything can happen. The Giants last year werent all that good. The Cardinals won the world series with an 84 win team. We have a team with a lot of streaky hitters. How many times did we make the playoffs with the best team and get no where, we are due some post season luck.

Saying that we are due some luck in the postseason is the understatement of the century.

Bdawg2309
07-24-2013, 03:33 PM
the braves need to roll the dice on that cuban pitcher

AerchAngel
07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Saying that we are due some luck in the postseason is the understatement of the century.

no kidding.

The Chosen One
07-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Over in that same area, across Victory from Daffin though. It's a lively neighborhood.

lol I live on 36th and Bee. I'm literally like a 20 second jog from you. Hi neighbor! :eusa_dance:

Julio3000
07-24-2013, 11:29 PM
How would you feel if you were a Nats fan? On paper, they have a team equally as talented as ours.

Something like this.
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/poinsett/David_-_The_Death_of_Socrates_zps05e22477.jpg

On the other hand, as a Braves fan, I'd offer them one of these:
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/poinsett/fmkleenex_zpsf120f6a8.jpeg

DjGrizz
07-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Were as good as any other first place team. We just need to get hot at the right time

Metaphysicist
07-25-2013, 01:33 AM
How I feel about the Braves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zC2lWjpiH8&feature=player_detailpage&t=20

Bj1133
07-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Based on the current standings, the Braves final game against a team with a .500 or better record will be on Aug 29 when they wrap up the series with Cleveland. The Braves could get on a serious roll in September with that schedule. With the Cardinals/Pirates/Reds beating up on each other the rest of the way, the Braves have a pretty good shot at getting the best record in the NL.

Perfect Cell
07-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Since our 12-1 hot start, we've been a .500 team..., But luckily the rest of the teams in our division are .500 teams or worse themselves so we've stayed in first but overall, we've got a lot of holes. I don't think anyone here can say we're the best team in the league or anything (based on performance anyway)

But do people still believe we're an elite team or just a so-so team in the right division after a hot first two weeks of baseball?

it doesnt matter "being an elite team" it matters being first

either your first or your last

Bravephoton
07-26-2013, 09:22 AM
****First post on the new board. (See ya Scout!)****

Get in the playoffs (not the one game play in game) and see what happens. It has been quite evident that the World Series champs over the past few years have not been the best team in baseball throughout the year.

So whoever is hot at the time wins it all. And that bodes well for us because we are a streaky team.

Then again, we could be on a losing streak.

The Chosen One
07-26-2013, 09:34 AM
****First post on the new board. (See ya Scout!)****

Get in the playoffs (not the one game play in game) and see what happens. It has been quite evident that the World Series champs over the past few years have not been the best team in baseball throughout the year.

So whoever is hot at the time wins it all. And that bodes well for us because we are a streaky team.

Then again, we could be on a losing streak.

Welcome Friend! Glad to you back with us! :Bunchie1:

PawPawMaxwell
07-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Pretty young team
Very talented team
Not a very good team.

Who's to blame. Maybe no one.

CyYoung31
07-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Pretty young team
Very talented team
Not a very good team.

Who's to blame. Maybe no one.

3rd best record in the league.

The Chosen One
07-26-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't think we're that good.

If this team loved baseball, we'd be 1st in the league.

ChapelHillMatt
07-26-2013, 12:36 PM
I hate it when people try to throw out the first 13 games as if they don't matter. By getting off to that good start it's allowed us to play 500 ball and still have a good record and be in 1st place. Those 13 games are part of the season. That being said this team does have holes and losing Hudson certainly didn't help. This is a good team though with a lot of young players. They have the potential to get better. Just remember St. Louis was pretty mediocre a couple of years ago and they got hot at the right time and won it all. Point is we haven't played our best baseball yet but still are comfortably in the lead. The best very well could be yet to come.

Heyward
07-26-2013, 04:54 PM

Probably more so.

Better rotation easily, better bullpen top to bottom, offense is pretty close though.

Heyward
07-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Based on the current standings, the Braves final game against a team with a .500 or better record will be on Aug 29 when they wrap up the series with Cleveland. The Braves could get on a serious roll in September with that schedule. With the Cardinals/Pirates/Reds beating up on each other the rest of the way, the Braves have a pretty good shot at getting the best record in the NL.

I doubt it, Cards probably get it.

Dalyn
07-26-2013, 06:13 PM
57 - 45

Runnin
07-28-2013, 07:47 AM
How good are we? Who ****ing knows?

The Chosen One
07-28-2013, 07:48 AM
I bet after the game Matheny was having a team meeting and was livid and flipping out on them... "The Braves are who we THOUGHT they were... and we let'em off the hook." :Gasp:

Bj1133
07-28-2013, 08:29 AM
I doubt it, Cards probably get it.

Maybe, but the Braves schedule is so much easier the rest of the way

GovClintonTyree
07-28-2013, 08:43 AM

The real question is how much we have left at home. We look like WS champs there. On the road, not so much.

thethe
07-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I worry when we play bad teams.

ChadWC
07-28-2013, 09:10 AM
This team is a Justin Upton hot streak from reeling off a 10 of 12. Now, if BJ comes back off the DL and contributes, we could run away and hide. I believe this team can win a playoff series. The team I'd least want to face is LA with those top 2 guys. However, I'd take my chances with anyone else. Minor and Teheran can win you postseason games with how well they have thrown this year.

thethe
07-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Dodgers are going to win the world series this year.

Baseball needs to do something about their competitive advantage. Its not right.

GovClintonTyree
07-28-2013, 10:15 AM
This team is a Justin Upton hot streak from reeling off a 10 of 12. Now, if BJ comes back off the DL and contributes, we could run away and hide. I believe this team can win a playoff series. The team I'd least want to face is LA with those top 2 guys. However, I'd take my chances with anyone else. Minor and Teheran can win you postseason games with how well they have thrown this year.

Guess what.

Heyward
07-28-2013, 11:33 AM

Baseball needs to do something about their competitive advantage. Its not right.

I think they win the NL.

HFA is crazy for the WS.

22 of last 27 teams with HFA won it all.

Heyward
07-28-2013, 11:39 AM

Meh, on paper.

This team is night and day away from home.

Bdawg2309
07-28-2013, 01:01 PM

What advantage? It's not like they have the best record in baseball and are 10+ up on their division
Who's to say they don't flop in September and the dbacks take the division?

CyYoung31
07-28-2013, 01:44 PM
What advantage? It's not like they have the best record in baseball and are 10+ up on their division

thethe logic.

It's good to know we can count the Dodgers out of making it to the World Series this year. That's one less team we have to worry about.

thethe
07-28-2013, 01:52 PM

They weren't healthy at all in the first half of the season.

No Hanley
No Grienke
No Puig (obviously late promotion)
No Kemp (although his season has been a dissapointment)

Then they added to their starting rotation and will probably make another trade.

Using their aggregate performance thus far doesn't capture how much they are trending up in the slightest.

I'm pretty sure the Dodgers are 25-6 in their last 31 games. You don't think they are the best team in baseball now that they are healthy?

rico43
07-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Except for Tampa's 21-3 or whatever it is record in July. Some pretty big names who have had to get well over there, too.

chopdrew
07-28-2013, 02:39 PM
They weren't healthy at all in the first half of the season.

No Hanley
No Grienke
No Puig (obviously late promotion)
No Kemp (although his season has been a dissapointment)

Then they added to their starting rotation and will probably make another trade.

Using their aggregate performance thus far doesn't capture how much they are trending up in the slightest.

I'm pretty sure the Dodgers are 25-6 in their last 31 games. You don't think they are the best team in baseball now that they are healthy?

No. I still think the Cards are better.

thethe
07-28-2013, 02:47 PM
No. I still think the Cards are better.

Agree to disagree. Hanley is back to being one of the best hitters in baseball and they have arguably the best top 3 pitchers in the leauge.

Heyward
07-31-2013, 10:23 AM

DBacks aren't taking the West.

They are going to RUN away from that division and win it by 10+ games, maybe more.

Dunit24
07-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Dodgers will lock up that division. Everyone will make them the favorites to win it all.

Personally...I think they are peaking too early and will get too cocky

We look like a legit title contender the last 5 games. If only we played like that on the road.

Heyward
07-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Dodgers will lock up that division. Everyone will make them the favorites to win it all.

Personally...I think they are peaking too early and will get too cocky

We look like a legit title contender the last 5 games. If only we played like that on the road.

In a short series, with Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu that's reallllly tough to matchup with.

No one in the NL except the Nats can match that.

bravesnumberone
07-31-2013, 10:42 AM
I definitely don't want any part of the Dodgers in the NLDS. Would hope we could find a way to get the top record. I'd rather take my chances with the Pirates or Reds.