PDA

View Full Version : Braves Regular Season Vent/Rant Thread

The Chosen One
07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
:emot-siren.gif.17:

Tired of Andrelton swinging for the fences? Better yet, are you tired of Fredi wasting at-bats by continuously putting Andrelton at the leadoff spot?

Has the J-Hey kid not met your expectations yet? Line Drive percentage not big enough?

Is Uggla getting on your nerves by striking out with runners on frequently? Upset seeing Chris Johnson hit 7th or 8th?

And lastly, tired of seeing Laird?

This is the place to rant and vent and release ALL of your frustrations. To help preserve a higher standard of quality of discussion in the gameday threads and any actual baseball discussion thread, this is the place to open up.

PawPawMaxwell
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Im not much on ranting but I just plain dont understand Fredi. He has a chance at a winning road trip for a change and his lineup is pure putrid considering who we are facing. Why not Heyward and Terdo in the OF, 2 more LH bats, and Gattis catching. Laird and his bat are not going to win many prizes. Win the early start and you put that much more pressure on the Nats and Phillies.

The Chosen One
07-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Im not much on ranting but I just plain dont understand Fredi. He has a chance at a winning road trip for a change and his lineup is pure putrid considering who we are facing. Why not Heyward and Terdo in the OF, 2 more LH bats, and Gattis catching. Laird and his bat are not going to win many prizes. Win the early start and you put that much more pressure on the Nats and Phillies.

Something he learned from Bobby about getaway days.

Heyward's hammy is more important than Justin's calf muscle. I don't mind giving him off.

thethe
07-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Why is there not more outrage over Justin Upton?

zitothebrave
07-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Why is there not more outrage over Justin Upton?

Conspiracy by gattis haters

emk418
07-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Again, the problem with this team is Heyward and Justin. We could easily overcome our other issues if they were hitting. Two of the most talented players in baseball have been garbage. If they play like this for the rest of the year we will struggle to make the playoffs. If they play like they should we could go far. The season comes down to them.

CyYoung31
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Why is there not more outrage over thethe?

thethe
07-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Why is there not more outrage over thethe?

I think there is plenty of that.

CyYoung31
07-25-2013, 02:15 PM
I think there is plenty of that.

Don't get me wrong. I think you're a fine poster. I just don't think you're going to the poster everyone thought you were going to be when you joined.

thethe
07-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Don't get me wrong. I think you're a fine poster. I just don't think you're going to the poster everyone thought you were going to be when you joined.

That is LOL worthy.

But, from reading my posts for the last 10 years you should know my true ability level and not be dissapointed with what has shown itself on this board.

Bdawg2309
07-25-2013, 02:19 PM

heyward just came off the DL
terdo can't hit
laird has done a good job hitting this season
doubt the nats/phillies would press knowing the braves won.. it's the last week of july, plenty of baseball left for them to be worrying.

Dalyn
07-25-2013, 02:20 PM
I do not like Fredi. Would rather have Prado managing.

Tapate50
07-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Again, the problem with this team is Heyward and Justin. We could easily overcome our other issues if they were hitting. Two of the most talented players in baseball have been garbage. If they play like this for the rest of the year we will struggle to make the playoffs. If they play like they should we could go far. The season comes down to them.

agree. i know...shocker.

Julio3000
07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
I think I've finally reached my breaking point. I can't stand it any more, so I came here to vent.

Look, not a lot of the white dudes on this team have hair. But the ones that do probably have the worst ****ing hair in Major League ****ing Baseball.

What kind of ****ing flattop-doowop-Pony-boy-duck's-ass mess is on top of your head, FREDDIE FREEMAN? That **** is comical. It is the laughingstock of the National League. DAN UGGLA, your cheap**** douchebag 'do makes you look even MORE like the doorman at a low-rent titty club than you already do. MIKE MINOR, you went to Vanderbilt. You should be smart enough to know that your hair is straight booty, but what you need to get ****ing proactive about is the **** growing on your face. 1997 is embarrassed by it. You already look like an extra from The Grapes of Wrath . . . why compound it? Just double down and make it a chinstrap if "rural opiate addict who just graduated from syrup to oxy" is the look you're going for.

You are millionaires, or are soon to be. Fix that ****.

Whew. I feel better.

PawPawMaxwell
07-25-2013, 04:40 PM
I think I've finally reached my breaking point. I can't stand it any more, so I came here to vent.

Look, not a lot of the white dudes on this team have hair. But the ones that do probably have the worst ****ing hair in Major League ****ing Baseball.

What kind of ****ing flattop-doowop-Pony-boy-duck's-ass mess is on top of your head, FREDDIE FREEMAN? That **** is comical. It is the laughingstock of the National League. DAN UGGLA, your cheap**** douchebag 'do makes you look even MORE like the doorman at a low-rent titty club than you already do. MIKE MINOR, you went to Vanderbilt. You should be smart enough to know that your hair is straight booty, but what you need to get ****ing proactive about is the **** growing on your face. 1997 is embarrassed by it. You already look like an extra from The Grapes of Wrath . . . why compound it? Just double down and make it a chinstrap if "rural opiate addict who just graduated from syrup to oxy" is the look you're going for.

You are millionaires, or are soon to be. Fix that ****.

Whew. I feel better.

Ill give you a thank you when I stop laughing.

jpx7
07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I've been waiting for that, Julio. Somebody needed to say it.

Julio3000
07-25-2013, 04:47 PM
These guys have been coasting for far too long. They're complacent.

NinersSBChamps
07-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Wood doesn't belong in the starting rotation.

thethe
07-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Wood doesn't belong in the starting rotation.

I wonder if we could find you saying the same things about Teheran early in the year

NinersSBChamps
07-25-2013, 04:52 PM
I wonder if we could find you saying the same things about Teheran early in the year

No.

nsacpi
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
That is LOL worthy.

But, from reading my posts for the last 10 years you should know my true ability level and not be dissapointed with what has shown itself on this board.

People around here aren't sophisticated to understand regression.

The Chosen One
07-25-2013, 05:01 PM
My problem is Heyward doesn't care if this team wins or loses. He just cares about showing off as displayed with that diving catch to end the game.

Dalyn
07-25-2013, 05:02 PM
My problem is Heyward doesn't care if this team wins or loses. He just cares about showing off as displayed with that diving catch to end the game.

If he had kept up with how many outs there were, he would've let it drop.

stpeteirish
07-25-2013, 05:22 PM
so far, it looks just like another game thread, except far the part about the bad hair.

For the record, I don't mind a ***** filled game thread. That's kind of the way it is and always has been.

Dalyn
07-25-2013, 05:31 PM
People are just having fun.

Dalyn
07-25-2013, 05:31 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4536409987745737&pid=15.1

Dalyn
07-25-2013, 05:32 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4842512286286999&pid=15.1

Bama9507
07-25-2013, 06:43 PM

Tired of Andrelton swinging for the fences? Better yet, are you tired of Fredi wasting at-bats by continuously putting Andrelton at the leadoff spot?

Has the J-Hey kid not met your expectations yet? Line Drive percentage not big enough?

Is Uggla getting on your nerves by striking out with runners on frequently? Upset seeing Chris Johnson hit 7th or 8th?

And lastly, tired of seeing Laird?

This is the place to rant and vent and release ALL of your frustrations. To help preserve a higher standard of quality of discussion in the gameday threads and any actual baseball discussion thread, this is the place to open up.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

BRule
07-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Why hasn't Horrible Ratios or Runny McGopherball been given shots at the rotation when it's obvious we need a jump start?

Runnin
07-25-2013, 10:29 PM
I do not want to see BJ have another at bat. He can't even hit Terry Pendleton.

Carp
07-25-2013, 11:15 PM

I have doubts if thethe even loves baseball.

GovClintonTyree
07-26-2013, 09:06 AM
How many good multi-post days has he had?

GovClintonTyree
07-26-2013, 09:09 AM
I do not want to see BJ have another at bat. He can't even hit Terry Pendleton.

Yeah, and it's not going to matter how fast he gets his foot down with all the **** his hands do before the pitch. He can't catch up to an 88 mph fastball and he never could adjust to a breaking pitch. He needs to clear the land and start over.

GovClintonTyree
07-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Hey, this works. I feel better.

Julio3000
07-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Yeah, and it's not going to matter how fast he gets his foot down with all the **** his hands do before the pitch. He can't catch up to an 88 mph fastball and he never could adjust to a breaking pitch. He needs to clear the land and start over.

If there's anybody who could afford to tear it down and start from scratch, it's L'il Bossman. How much worse could he be while experimenting?

Dalyn
07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
I would like to rant about how GovClintonTyree squelched on our bet. Bastard.

DjGrizz
07-26-2013, 10:49 AM
I wanna complain about Chris Reitsma!

bravesnumberone
07-26-2013, 11:15 AM
For once, I'd like to see us actually execute a hit and run.

Dalyn
07-26-2013, 11:17 AM

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4937250639315580&pid=15.1

Julio3000
07-26-2013, 11:19 AM

For once, I'd like to see us actually execute a pitcher who doesn't get a bunt down.

/toughlove

elmonthc
07-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Ill hold my rant off until the braves end up in the wc play in game. Then ill something something.

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Ill hold my rant off until the braves end up in the wc play in game. Then ill something something.

If that happened, this board would meltdown and Sav would have to do everything in his power to keep it alive before it is smoking heap of burnt out processors.

Pitchforks would be after the staff, Wren would be in protection services.

In other words, VERY UGLY.

Dalyn
07-27-2013, 01:11 PM
If that happened, this board would meltdown and Sav would have to do everything in his power to keep it alive before it is smoking heap of burnt out processors.

Pitchforks would be after the staff, Wren would be in protection services.

In other words, VERY UGLY.

The scout board survived the '11 collapse (we will be fine). Just not PD.

bravesnumberone
07-27-2013, 01:18 PM
I remember that game we lost to the Phillies in extra innings to complete the 2011 collapse. That Scout thread....oh my.

parkvadawg
07-27-2013, 01:30 PM
One rant, FOX should shoot itself in the testicle

chopdrew
07-27-2013, 03:57 PM
One rant, FOX should shoot itself in the testicle
And it only has one to start with, so you know we're serious...

The Chosen One
08-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Looks like we haven't had to use this in a while. :eusa_dance:

chopdrew
08-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Looks like we haven't had to use this in a while. :eusa_dance:

Yeah, remember when we thought we needed this?

Julio3000
08-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah, remember when we thought we needed this?

I dunno. The tonsorial situation hasn't improved any.

zitothebrave
08-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Fredi needs to realize that Gattis and Schafer are ice cold right now.

Though it's very small sample since returning from their injuries Schafer is hitting .182/.280/.182 and Gattis (better sample) is at .227/.267/.295

They've both been pitiful. I understand we had to play one because Justin being scratched, but there's no reason that Bossman shouldn't be starting. I know that he's not doing much better but him getting going would be clutch for our team. We know what Schafer is a guy who hits righties pretty well. We know that Gattis has power but has been having issues adjusting. To me there's no reason that both Schafer and Gattis should be in the lineup together unless 2 of Mac, Justin and Jason have the day off.

Teheran_49
08-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Fredi needs to realize that Gattis and Schafer are ice cold right now.

Though it's very small sample since returning from their injuries Schafer is hitting .182/.280/.182 and Gattis (better sample) is at .227/.267/.295

They've both been pitiful. I understand we had to play one because Justin being scratched, but there's no reason that Bossman shouldn't be starting. I know that he's not doing much better but him getting going would be clutch for our team. We know what Schafer is a guy who hits righties pretty well. We know that Gattis has power but has been having issues adjusting. To me there's no reason that both Schafer and Gattis should be in the lineup together unless 2 of Mac, Justin and Jason have the day off.

Gattis is just terrible. I think he is showing that he's a guy that needs 300 AB's a year and nothing more. At least I can defend Schafer in saying that he just hasn't got many AB's in August after being out for about a month. I liked BJ before he became a Brave but I don't know which player I hate seeing up to bat more: Dan Uggla or BJ? I really think it's BJ. I just can not bring myself to get over just how much he is raping the Braves. Your telling me we have 4 more years of this ****? The guy is making what Chipper Jones was making are you f'ing kidding me????? I hate to say this but part of me hopes he has a career ending injury so we can get some insurance money back. I'm not saying something that would be life threatening or anything like that but just something that wouldn't allow him to play any more. It's not like he isn't going to have enough money to live for the rest of his life off of.

I am so sick of seeing players with the all or nothing approach. All you need is 2-3 guys that can hit 25-30 HR's like Freeman,Heyward and Justin. Outside of that I could care less if the other position players didn't hit more than 10 as long as they got on base, hit for average and didn't strike out over 100x because all they do is swing for the fences.

The Chosen One
09-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Gattis is just terrible. I think he is showing that he's a guy that needs 300 AB's a year and nothing more. At least I can defend Schafer in saying that he just hasn't got many AB's in August after being out for about a month. I liked BJ before he became a Brave but I don't know which player I hate seeing up to bat more: Dan Uggla or BJ? I really think it's BJ. I just can not bring myself to get over just how much he is raping the Braves. Your telling me we have 4 more years of this ****? The guy is making what Chipper Jones was making are you f'ing kidding me????? I hate to say this but part of me hopes he has a career ending injury so we can get some insurance money back. I'm not saying something that would be life threatening or anything like that but just something that wouldn't allow him to play any more. It's not like he isn't going to have enough money to live for the rest of his life off of.

I am so sick of seeing players with the all or nothing approach. All you need is 2-3 guys that can hit 25-30 HR's like Freeman,Heyward and Justin. Outside of that I could care less if the other position players didn't hit more than 10 as long as they got on base, hit for average and didn't strike out over 100x because all they do is swing for the fences.

Kind of funny to read back on some these posts 3 weeks later.

Teheran_49
09-14-2013, 03:58 AM
Kind of funny to read back on some these posts 3 weeks later.

lol yeah I will admit being wrong on this but Gattis does swing at every pitch he see's but I still stand by on everything else I wrote. Bj still sucks and we still have an inconsistent line up. This is why I'm plugging La Stella so much. We need more guys who are consistent not a bunch if guys who will hit 3 hr's in 4 games then do nothing for the next 45 ab's.

Gattis has really gotten hot but how long will it last? I'm surprised that they even throw him a strike because he swings at everything.

The Chosen One
09-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Who cares how long it lasts?

It's more than what our two highest paid "hitters" are doing right now.

zitothebrave
09-14-2013, 08:19 AM

Oh snap he put hitters in quotes.

Teheran_49
09-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Well if you've seen my posts then you know how much i dislike BJ and Uggla. The Uggla trade/signing at the time wasn't a bad move because he put up good to really good numbers especially for a 2b but BJ Upton has been one of the most over rated players. To give a guy who can't get near .800 OPS a 5/75 contract is crazy. I backed FW for a long time but WTF was he thinking? BJ is decent at CF but he's nothing special and I think Schafer is a better CF defensively than what I've seen from BJ. I just don't understand why he over paid for someone who's stats were never that impressive. He had a great year at the age of 24 but hasn't came close to that since and has been pretty bad at the plate since 2009 unless you like pedestrian OBP and BA.

Dalyn
09-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Tired of pathetic Septembers.

zitothebrave
09-15-2013, 06:01 PM
With his outstanding 0-4 with 2 Ks schafer has since retuning from the DL a line of .170/.235/.215

Can we stop batting this turd leadoff? I know we're missing our leadoff hitter with Jason out but our 1-5 should be some combination of Justin, Johnson, Gattis, Mac, and Freddie. Then Simmons and our turd platoons in CF and 2B. Also we should have started Bethancourt today. Putting Gattis behind the plate and Schafer in the OF was moronic.

PawPawMaxwell
09-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Hold on now. You know there are lots of posters here who want Shafer back next year.

bravesnumberone
09-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Agreed on Schafer, but that's far from our biggest problem. He wouldn't even be in the position of having all these 0-for-4s without BJ being totally incompetent at the plate.

zitothebrave
09-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Hold on now. You know there are lots of posters here who want Shafer back next year.

I'll take Schafer back as a bench player. He has value in his speed, defense and ability to hit righties at a decent clip. But he has been a turd and he shouldn't have played over Bethancourt. Now this year Bossman has been a turd as well so I'd spell bossman more than regualrly with Schafer when Bossman isn't performing but Schafer has plain stank for the last 2 months and Fredi doesn't seem to grasp that and thinks it's still may.

bravesfan247
09-17-2013, 12:34 PM
At this point, I'd hate not to make the playoffs (which I still think is a possibility) but the embarrassment of being there may be too much. We'll be an easy out for whomever we play.

PastorRog
09-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Well, let the collapse begin. Glad to be backing into the playoffs...again

Dalyn
09-17-2013, 05:38 PM
http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/jim-carrey-gum.gif

bravesnumberone
09-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Even though they didn't do anything on purpose, I'd like to reiterate a big F*** You to the New York Mets. Huddy and Heyward....

bravebonebook
09-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Even though they didn't do anything on purpose, I'd like to reiterate a big F*** You to the New York Mets. Huddy and Heyward....

It's OK, though. The baseball gods got Harvey so they'll suffer a little penance.

holden
09-18-2013, 12:00 PM
At this point, I'd hate not to make the playoffs (which I still think is a possibility) but the embarrassment of being there may be too much. We'll be an easy out for whomever we play.

good post

buck7580
09-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Oh well. We might as well win tonight against the nats and then beat the cubbies three straight to end up with a winning road record. That would work for me.

Heyward
09-18-2013, 09:29 PM

Miss the playoffs?

If we win one game, Nats have to run the table....

They finish at Stl and Arz.

Dalyn
09-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Miss the playoffs?

If we win one game, Nats have to run the table....

They finish at Stl and Arz.

Didn't expect you to be bad at Heyward.

Dalyn
09-25-2013, 03:47 PM
I must vent.

http://mlblogsmartelli.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/freddy-garcia1.jpg

I must rant.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW5eI7FrMKW77pmoukgMIE74H1PbN15 z0MxmuLAE6rS4UV3aaELA