PDA

View Full Version : Apple Stock

zitothebrave
07-25-2013, 11:31 PM
So krg when is it gonna hit 1000?

BTW Samsung beat Apple in profits in the mobile for the first time in years Apple wasn't first in that.

Krgrecw
07-26-2013, 01:14 AM
I love Zitos apple bashing. Apple has three phones on the market and samsung has how many in different shapes and sizes? One would hope that if you flood the market you would beat a company that only has three versions of an item for sale. Especially when one company only goes after high end customers which limits it to a small percentage of the world and its not even for sale to a decent percent of the world
Currently:
The only PCs that still sell at all are apple computers. They own the tablet market. The own the US cellphone market. They own the AppStore market. they have the best customer service in the world. They dominant mobile usage numbers. They make more in mobile ad revenue then google does. More people take photos on iPhones than any other device including cameras. The Apple TV leads the TV in a box market. Samsung says the apple ecosystem is amazing and thier officers use apple products at home, which says a lot.

In the future:
iPads will be in classrooms around the world in the future. A lot of classrooms. That will be a lot of sales.
A cheaper iPhone will penetrate the midrange retail level.

The upcoming Video game Controller add on to the iphone will be a big hit for the Apple TV which means apple will open the AppStore on thier Apple TV.Which will eventually make apple the biggest name in video gaming

Passbook will dominate the future of retail shopping. Wal marts already using a version of it. Companies are already using iPads instead of cash registers. All your store coupons, gift cards, tickets, passes and credit cards in one place and one swipe of your phone and your all done.

The iwatch will be a big hit.

Time Warner cable coming to the appletv and I would think the TWC cable box will eventually become an Apple TV.

that's a helluva future w/o even mentioning iOS in the car, new iPhones, a retina ipad mini, and new iPads.

DjGrizz
07-26-2013, 08:07 AM
They go for high end customers? Then why do I know several people on food stamps that own an iphone

BlackwaterPark
07-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Terrible financial planning that epitomizes the stupid **** people do these days....

They go for high end customers? Then why do I know several people on food stamps that own an iphone

DjGrizz
07-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Terrible financial planning that epitomizes the stupid **** people do these days....

True, I hate people lol

zitothebrave
07-26-2013, 08:50 AM
If I ever go into my own business I'm getting you and thethe to love whatever I sell, cause you are loyal to the death.

Your PC half truth is just that. Apple has been cutting into the PC dominance, but PCs still outsell Macs by like 15 to one or something like that. Apple similar to smartphones is the single leader in tablet sales, but only captured 35% of the market with iOS devices in Q2. Meaning that in terms of growth, Android is growing rapidly, iOS is shrinking it's control on the tablet market. Android is growing. Just like what happened 3 years ago on the smartphone side. And you do realize that apple doesn't take 100% of it's mobile ad base correct? Infact Google probably makes as much if not more off of iOS mobile ads than Apple. I still don't get your point though. If everything you say is true then why isn't Apple stock at 1,000 like you said it would be back in March?

In the future

Android Tablets will be in classrooms aroudn the world. While iPad is doing wwell with many things, classrooms will play with the iPad idea then switch to android because of better security and the ability to register multiple profiles on a single tablet.

Apple already is selling the iPhone 4 for pretty cheap. They won't make the cuts to sell a better device for 400 bucks because that's not their business model.

What you fail to mention for the future is what if other carriers adopt the T-Mobile plan of paying retail for a phone. If that happens Apple runs into more issues since their current business plan of ****ing carriers will be shot. Without the steep subsidy of a contract if you had to spend 650 bucks on an iPhone 5 that's a tough pill to swallow.

Lol at every box being an Apple TV. I guess you will love seeing the capped bandwidth that will come with a drastic shift like that.

And again, all those things, and Apple's stock hasn't risen 100 points in the last 4 months?

gilesfan
07-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Im pretty happy with the apple stock I bought in 09.

jpx7
07-26-2013, 12:56 PM
To quote the great R Kelly: "Apple phone".

Metaphysicist
07-26-2013, 04:44 PM
And again, all those things, and Apple's stock hasn't risen 100 points in the last 4 months?

That's not really how the stock market works.

jpx7
07-26-2013, 04:52 PM
That's not really how the stock market works.

It does with mustard futures and skittles derivatives.

Krgrecw
07-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Damn zito, the whole story about samsung profits was bull****...

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/07/28/apple-samsung-profits-dilger/

For people not aware but Samsung pays a lot of people to sit on the computer and respond and post in blogs all day about how great Samsung is. Wouldn't be surprised if they were behind this too

zitothebrave
07-31-2013, 09:37 PM
So an apple blog says Apple is more profitable? How cute.

Apple stock at 452, you'd think this big story that broke several days ago would have lead to more stock rises!

MMeanwhile google still trading in the 800s. Announcement of Moto X could lead to a big spike or fall though.

parkvadawg
08-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Speaking of stock, made some good bones on T-Mobile since they went public

Krgrecw
08-03-2013, 06:21 AM
T-mobile being the first with going against subsidies was great. Every company will probably be doing that soon.

Zito, 98% of googles profits are from online advertising and 100% of people hate online adds. Apples going with Bing and Samsungs rumored to be ditching Android for Thier own OS. That's not good for Google.

zitothebrave
08-03-2013, 07:42 AM
T-mobile being the first with going against subsidies was great. Every company will probably be doing that soon.

Zito, 98% of googles profits are from online advertising and 100% of people hate online adds. Apples going with Bing and Samsungs rumored to be ditching Android for Thier own OS. That's not good for Google.

Not great for Apple. When people have to spend 650 bucks for a new iPhone it won't be an easy pill to swallow. They either have to be less profitable or they take a bigger market hit. There's a reason the iPhone only really sells big in the US, not Europe or Asia.

If google makes 98% of it's profits from advertising, doesn't that contradict what you said earlier? If GOogle makes "98% profits" off ad, but Apple makes more money in ads than Google , apple would have to make pretty cllose to that same "98% profits" to make more money than Google off adverts.

Apple switching to Bing will be a resounding failure. And the same thing will happen when Verizon forced Bing on Android handsets. People downloaded Google and Google Maps. Google sells for a reason. It flat out works. No better search engine. And I'd put the odds of Sammy leaving at about 10%. As long as Google keeps running Android the way they have been, why leave? Samsung doesn't have a search engine so they'd just be paying their ad revenue to another company anyway, then they'd have to invest way more money in R&D that Google already does for them. They don't pay anything for Android. And they lose the backing of the Android Community. Probably half of the owners of a Galaxy at least are diehard android fans who would leave Samsung in a heart beat. The talk of Samsung leaving is just to keep favorable negotiating terms with Google.

parkvadawg
08-03-2013, 08:11 AM

Great point and it's not just that, the new JUMP upgrade program will change the game I believe. The merger with Metro changes their spectrum game also. Couple the fact I'm very impressed with the CEO. I'm riding this wave out.

goldfly
08-03-2013, 11:29 AM
your obsession of apple stock and hating on apple is weirder than apple fan boys imo

zitothebrave
08-03-2013, 11:34 AM
your obsession of apple stock and hating on apple is weirder than apple fan boys imo

Good use of context