PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 favorite restaurants...

weso1
07-26-2013, 07:03 PM
The Waffle House news got me thinking about this. Here's my list:

5) AppleBees
4) IHOP
3) Chilis
2) TGIF
1) Golden Corral

Krgrecw
07-26-2013, 07:21 PM
In the Southeast we have a small local chain named Carolina Ale House which is pretty good and always packed.

I don't have a top five but Buffalo Wild Wings is by far the most overrated. Granted I've only been to the local one but its a bit pricey and the foods not the best

thethe
07-26-2013, 07:33 PM

5) AppleBees
4) IHOP
3) Chilis
2) TGIF
1) Golden Corral

Are you just naming the top 5 disgusting food chains?

zitothebrave
07-26-2013, 07:51 PM
If I have to go with chains I go

1. Five Guys
2. Cheesecake Factory - massively fattening but good
3. Shake Shack - Not really a full blown chain, but it's off the chain.
4. Le Peep - Really good breakfast place, prefer diners but nice changeup.
5. Checkers

DjGrizz
07-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Chains

5. Five Guys
4. Red Robin
3. AppleBees
2. In & Out
1. Olive Garden

DjGrizz
07-26-2013, 08:05 PM

Hey my dad used to own a **** ton of Ihops
Lol

Beats the hell outta dennys

DjGrizz
07-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Local restraunts are way better btw. And my list is based on what's within a close proximity of where I live Eugene OR

BlackwaterPark
07-26-2013, 08:10 PM
My favs are

Mary Mac's Tea Room - Atlanta Ga
Lady and Sons - Savannah Ga
Skyline Chili - Ft Lauderdale Fl
4Rivers Smokehouse - Orlando Fl
Mambo Italiano - Whitefish Mt

DjGrizz
07-26-2013, 08:15 PM
My favs are

Mary Mac's Tea Room - Atlanta Ga
Lady and Sons - Savannah Ga
Skyline Chili - Ft Lauderdale Fl
4Rivers Smokehouse - Orlando Fl
Mambo Italiano - Whitefish Mt

I love Lady and Sons too.

I always order their Rib Eye with a side of racism :-)

Dalyn
07-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Azteca. Great local Mexican restaurant.

Shady Maple. Great local Amish restaurant.

Five Guys. Needs no explanation.

Paradise by the Slice. Local pizza place.

Chick-fil-A. Keeps my liberal friends guessing.

Gary82
07-26-2013, 11:27 PM

5) AppleBees
4) IHOP
3) Chilis
2) TGIF
1) Golden Corral

You need to get out more.

Gary82
07-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Chick-fil-A. Keeps my liberal friends guessing.

I won't let my liberal sensibilities get between me and Chick-fil-A. I don't agree with their CEO, but damn that food is tasty.

Dalyn
07-26-2013, 11:36 PM
I won't let my liberal sensibilities get between me and Chick-fil-A. I don't agree with their CEO, but damn that food is tasty.

It sure is.

Carolina Kid
07-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Limiting mine to places I've been to multiple times although there's plenty that would rank high just from eating there once.

Butcher and Singer Philadelphia Pa
Salt Lick BBQ Driftwood, Tx
Enoteca Vespaio Austin, Tx
Chuys Austin, Tx
Koch's deli Philadelphia, Pa

The Chosen One
07-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Yep.

I'm liberal, maybe not as liberal as 57 but I still loveeee me some Chik-Fil-A.

And all you ladies going to Savannah to hit up Lady and Sons, don't hit me up when you're in town? Very rude.

Heyward
07-27-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm about half asleep.

So here's 5 in no order.

J Michaels Philly Deli.
Moes.
Chilis.
Ale House.
Red Robin.

Oh, Five Guys is overrated btw.

bravesnumberone
07-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Chains, in no order.

Olive Garden
Steak n Shake
Cracker Barrel
Longhorn
Chili's

Fast Food/Drive Through

Zaxbys
Chic Fil A
Krystal
Wendy's
Dairy Queen

goldfly
07-27-2013, 01:34 AM

5) AppleBees
4) IHOP
3) Chilis
2) TGIF
1) Golden Corral

funny joke weso

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 07:40 AM

Agreed, only Chili's I would put in the Top 5.

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 07:43 AM
1. Portillo's
2. Famous Daves
3. Chili's
4. Barrachos
5. Olive Garden

zitothebrave
07-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Agreed, only Chili's I would put in the Top 5.

Chilis isn't that good, just super fatty.

I don't generally eat at chain restaurants cause I hate paying high prices for crap. That's why I eat fast food or local.

ALos I forgot, I would put Smash Burgers or Bobby's Burger Palace in my top 5 instead of Le Peep. Forgot how much I enjoy their burgers.

Also if I had to give my top 5 restaurants

1. High Street Bar and Grill - Mt. Holly NJ (anyone ever in the Philly area I recommend this hour or so detour from south philly)
2. De Lorenzo's Tomato Pie - Trenton NJ
3. Chap's Pit Beef - Baltimore MD (ultimate place that tastes way better than the outside looks, especially considering the place is next door to a stripclub and across the highway from a sextoy store)
4. 10th Avenue Burrito - Belmar NJ (May not be the best burrito in America but certainly the best I've ever had)
5. Potatopia - Edison NJ (They're expanding now, with a store set to open in the East Village and plans of opening one in Miami, Staten Island, and Princeton)

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Chilis isn't that good, just super fatty.

I don't generally eat at chain restaurants cause I hate paying high prices for crap. That's why I eat fast food or local.

ALos I forgot, I would put Smash Burgers or Bobby's Burger Palace in my top 5 instead of Le Peep. Forgot how much I enjoy their burgers.

Also if I had to give my top 5 restaurants

1. High Street Bar and Grill - Mt. Holly NJ (anyone ever in the Philly area I recommend this hour or so detour from south philly)
2. De Lorenzo's Tomato Pie - Trenton NJ
3. Chap's Pit Beef - Baltimore MD (ultimate place that tastes way better than the outside looks, especially considering the place is next door to a stripclub and across the highway from a sextoy store)
4. 10th Avenue Burrito - Belmar NJ (May not be the best burrito in America but certainly the best I've ever had)
5. Potatopia - Edison NJ (They're expanding now, with a store set to open in the East Village and plans of opening one in Miami, Staten Island, and Princeton)

The problem with your list it is all local. I would never put a chain in as a favorite it would all be local (3 of them would be in Iowa where I lived before, 1 in Chicago and 1 in town now). I never heard of any of those so I can't judge.

zitothebrave
07-27-2013, 07:58 AM
My chain list is higher up the thread. Just substitute Bobby's Burgers for Le Peep.

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 08:00 AM
My chain list is higher up the thread. Just substitute Bobby's Burgers for Le Peep.

Never heard of them either.

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 08:02 AM
If I have to go with chains I go

1. Five Guys
2. Cheesecake Factory - massively fattening but good
3. Shake Shack - Not really a full blown chain, but it's off the chain.
4. Le Peep - Really good breakfast place, prefer diners but nice changeup.
5. Checkers

3 and 4 I never heard of, 1, 2 and 5 I think is in Mall of America. #2 I ate at before, very fattening. Ruby Tuesday is another good place to eat as I remember how good their premium made burgers were.

zitothebrave
07-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Ruby Tuesdays is solid. Its a good date restaurant for me to find out if someone has good taste or not lol.

Shake shack is slowly expanding. They're a New York based burger and shake place. Still all east coast but I'm sure they'll get out close to you.

Le Peep is a smaller chain but they have locations not too far from Wisconsin in Illinois.

Bj1133
07-27-2013, 08:41 AM
1. Cracker Barrel
2. Red Lobster
3. Red Robin
4. Texas Roadhouse
5. Smokey Bones

BRule
07-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Debating deleting this thread

thethe
07-27-2013, 08:53 AM

Easy there PD.

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Easy there PD.

okay, I had to laugh at that.

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 09:07 AM
1. Cracker Barrel
2. Red Lobster
3. Red Robin
4. Texas Roadhouse
5. Smokey Bones

I think you are in Chicago, so if Portillo's/Haray Carry's Restaurant or Dikta Steakhouse is not on that list, something's wrong.

I would put Red Lobster on there but they have a knack of if you don't have lobster or shrimp on your plate, Lawreys Season salt sprinkled on your salmon or swordfish and charge you 15 dollars is robbery. My wife refuses to go there because she can't have shell fish (allergic) and that is the only she get and she said it was better off we pay for our own lobster and I can properly season other fishes for dinner better than them. Plus we can make their biscuits with ease.

Red Robin has good burgers, not like Ruby Tuesday, but good, problem is their QA on cooking it. Several times, pink middles, meaning they have to send the burger back or get us a new one as my wife does not like any pink meat in her foods, none.

Texas Roadhouse is good, but again, they do not cook their meat properly according to my wife. We have one in town. Picahnas or Famous Daves is were we go for good steak, ribs and what not, the first Brazillian style, the other American style and our favorite resturant.

We have a Cracker Barrel down in Paducah KY were I grew up. good place, but like Golden Corral and other buffet style resturants, kind of bland so I avoid them. There is a nice buffet style resturant in Cedar Rapids I visit once a week. All you can eat crab legs, sushi and American foods along with Asian food. It is VERY popular for the price of $13. When I go back to visit, I always go there.

chopdrew
07-27-2013, 09:50 AM
1. Mary Mac's in ATL. If you've never had their Pot Likker, you haven't done it right.
2. Original Chik-Fil-A Dwarf House in Hapeville, Ga. Order the Giant Burger. Stop laughing, it's delicious.
3. Texas Roadhouse. I just like the way their meat feels in my mouth. Wait...
4. Love & War in Texas, Plano, TX. Lots of food that I've never had before. Boar, Quail, Elk. Delicious sides and 5 kinds of Shiner on tap.
5. Mojo Pizza. Decatur, GA. Fantastic pie, great bohemian atmosphere. Good beer selection.

Dalyn
07-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Y'all motherplunkers need to come eat at Shady Maple.

Julio3000
07-27-2013, 11:36 AM

I'd do it. This is a public health risk. Y'all could get sued.

goldfly
07-27-2013, 11:38 AM

are you saying this thread isn't a joke and these posters actually like eating at most of the places they are listing?

Dalyn
07-27-2013, 12:15 PM
are you saying this thread isn't a joke and these posters actually like eating at most of the places they are listing?

:Sad: I was serious.

weso1
07-27-2013, 12:40 PM
We're travelling to Maine at some point. Thinking about trying some good food up there. I saw some recommendations for Red Lobster, so I may have to give that place a try when we head up there.

goldfly
07-27-2013, 12:50 PM
We're travelling to Maine at some point. Thinking about trying some good food up there. I saw some recommendations for Red Lobster, so I may have to give that place a try when we head up there.

check out Long John Silvers while you are up there

weso1
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM

I actually have been eating there some. I've been trying to lose weight and thus eating a lot of fish to help with that. So I've been enjoying their "Big Catch" meal.

sentenza
07-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Burger King
Döner-Shops
Subway
Pizzerias
McDonalds

:elefant:

BRule
07-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Some are joking, some are not....I think I need to delete and save lives.

Bj1133
07-27-2013, 02:16 PM
I think you are in Chicago, so if Portillo's/Haray Carry's Restaurant or Dikta Steakhouse is not on that list, something's wrong.

Central Illinois - about 3.5 hours from Chicago

goldfly
07-27-2013, 02:35 PM
i hoping most of yall are joking instead of me finding out yall have awful taste

but to take the question serious

in the USA and i can't narrow it down to just 5 but these went through my head when thinking about it right away

Peter Lugers (Brooklyn)
Antico Pizza Napoletana (Atlanta)
Smitty's Market (Lockhart, Tx)
Pho Saigon (Macon,Ga)
Oh My Gogi! Food Truck (Houston)
Cochon (New Orleans)

weso1
07-27-2013, 03:23 PM
The Ocean Room (Kiawah Island)
Salsas (Asheville)
Fiorelli's Jack Stack BBQ (Kansas City)
Angus Barn (Raleigh)
Sanraku (San Francisco)

goldfly
07-27-2013, 03:36 PM
****, i forgot Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City somehow

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 04:55 PM
****, i forgot Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City somehow

Still trying to figure out how you obtain this much money to travel around the world and pay for the excellent food.

You are playing me, my friend.

AerchAngel
07-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Central Illinois - about 3.5 hours from Chicago

Only thing I loved about driving home (Paducah KY area) is traveling through Champaign and eating at the Niko's gyros place. Best gyros in the USA bar none, of course the ones in Europe are wayyyyyyy better, more lamb to beef ratio.

gilesfan
07-27-2013, 10:23 PM
AA, you are from Paduka, KY? I think we talked about this. I have family from there. I guess there is an Indian reservation? I'm quarter injun.

Red robin-cheap chain
Chick fila- only fast food I eat
Chipotle- enou said
Ruth's Chris -legit steak
The Steak restaurant in Bellagio in Vegas.
40s sports bar at trop in AC

Heyward
07-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Some are joking, some are not....I think I need to delete and save lives.

So what's your top 5., smartass.

goldfly
07-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Still trying to figure out how you obtain this much money to travel around the world and pay for the excellent food.

You are playing me, my friend.

playing you?

i save and spend my money wisely

AerchAngel
07-28-2013, 08:17 AM
playing you?

i save and spend my money wisely

I don't man. You lived a good life.

AerchAngel
07-28-2013, 08:17 AM
AA, you are from Paduka, KY? I think we talked about this. I have family from there. I guess there is an Indian reservation? I'm quarter injun.

Red robin-cheap chain
Chick fila- only fast food I eat
Chipotle- enou said
Ruth's Chris -legit steak
The Steak restaurant in Bellagio in Vegas.
40s sports bar at trop in AC

Yes I am. I went to school with Terry Shumpert and Steve Finley.

GMAJAH25
07-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Chipotle- enou said

Damn, finally I see it!!!

CHIPOTLE!!!

jpx7
07-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Chicago:

Big Star
Publican
Hopleaf
Next
Owen & Engine

(Plus two new joints rapidly rising up my list: The Carriage House and Parson's Chicken & Fish.)

Non-Chicago [North America]:

Baumgartner's (Monroe, Wisconsin)
The Railhead (Fort Worth, Texas) and/or Johnny T's (Round Rock, Texas)
Ossie's Lunch (Bethel, New Brunswick, Canada)
Dan'l Webster Inn (Sandwich, Massachusetts)
Jerry's Drive-In (Pensacola, Florida)

(I'd also like to mention Le Patriarche in Québec City and Henry House in Halifax, for Canadian restaurants, but the lobster roll at Ossie's is just too awesome to not place it in the top-five.)

Fast-Food Chains:

Jim's Original
Waffle House (but for real)
Whataburger
In & Out
Any roadside poutine purveyor in Ontario or Québec.

zitothebrave
07-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Damn, finally I see it!!!

CHIPOTLE!!!

Chipotle is overpriced and overrated. I'd rather do Moes for a little less. Though Chipotle is way better than Pancheros. Don't get why they're so expensive.

thethe
07-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Chipotle is overpriced and overrated. I'd rather do Moes for a little less. Though Chipotle is way better than Pancheros. Don't get why they're so expensive.

Don't get me wrong...I love me some Moe's. Cheese sauce is legalized crack. But, Chipotle is on a different level than Moe's. Much better quality.

zitothebrave
07-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Don't get me wrong...I love me some Moe's. Cheese sauce is legalized crack. But, Chipotle is on a different level than Moe's. Much better quality.

Their chicken may be better, but Moes has more options. So it gets my vote. Nothing about Chipotle knocks me off my socks to want to wait in the way too long lines and pay that much. If I'm waiting in a long ass line for food it better be the best I've ever had. Chipotle isn't close to that for me. I'm partially spoiled cause I can just hop to Belmar and get a way better burrito that's much larger for a little more, but **** I'm not all over the chipotle slobber fest. Though I'm sure others would say the same about Five Guys.

thethe
07-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Their chicken may be better, but Moes has more options. So it gets my vote. Nothing about Chipotle knocks me off my socks to want to wait in the way too long lines and pay that much. If I'm waiting in a long ass line for food it better be the best I've ever had. Chipotle isn't close to that for me. I'm partially spoiled cause I can just hop to Belmar and get a way better burrito that's much larger for a little more, but **** I'm not all over the chipotle slobber fest. Though I'm sure others would say the same about Five Guys.

You can order online and go to the front of the line.

zitothebrave
07-28-2013, 10:04 PM
You can order online and go to the front of the line.

I don't have time for that ****. If I'm ordering online that **** better be delivered to my door. When I go somewhere I haven't made up my mind what I want.

thethe
07-28-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't have time for that ****. If I'm ordering online that **** better be delivered to my door. When I go somewhere I haven't made up my mind what I want.

Geez, you picky biatch!

zitothebrave
07-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Hell yeah I'm picky. If I'm spending time getting something to eat (aka sitting down) it better rock my socks off. If I'm wasting time and getting crap food we're gonna have a problem.

thethe
07-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Hell yeah I'm picky. If I'm spending time getting something to eat (aka sitting down) it better rock my socks off. If I'm wasting time and getting crap food we're gonna have a problem.

No, you're picky because you said you don't go to Chipotle because the taste value to duration of wait on line ratio isn't to your satisfactory. I informed you of a way to make the ratio more tolerable and you still biatch!

zitothebrave
07-28-2013, 10:26 PM
thethe imma start editing all your posts so they just say Carlos Danger for Mayor.

goldfly
07-29-2013, 01:51 AM
just so you know

Chipotle and Moes is crap

carry on though i guess

DjGrizz
07-29-2013, 05:25 AM
just so you know

carry on though i guess

Well played sir

goldfly
07-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Well played sir

i am just saying

it is like arguing which is better, gonorrhea or syphilis?

they can both be cured but it don't want either of them

weso1
07-29-2013, 10:38 AM
http://p.twimg.com/AxkECc5CMAAoqk1.png:large

zitothebrave
07-29-2013, 10:57 AM
just so you know

carry on though i guess

Are crap

thethe
07-29-2013, 10:59 AM
http://p.twimg.com/AxkECc5CMAAoqk1.png:large

Brilliant.

Yogi44
07-29-2013, 11:11 AM
1. The Melting Pot (Raleigh, NC)
2. Angus Barn (Raleigh, NC)
3. Char-Grill (local to the Raleigh and surrounding area, but the best burgers you'll ever have)
4. Cracker Barrel
5. Chick Fil A

bravesnumberone
07-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Forgot to include Cracker Barrel in the top 5.

goldfly
07-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Cracker Barrel is mediocre as it gets

the only fast food i will accept, for sure, is In and Out Burger

jpx7
07-29-2013, 05:23 PM
When I was a kid, we used to call it Crapper Barrel.

Carp
07-29-2013, 06:36 PM
5. Chili's
4. Outback
3. Red Lobster
2. TGIF
1. Bonefish Grill

If we are doing Chain Only Restaurants. Only Bonefish would be among my favorite overall restaurants

zitothebrave
07-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Cracker Barrel is mediocre as it gets

the only fast food i will accept, for sure, is In and Out Burger

We all know, you have impeccable taste and most food is below you, blah blah blah.

goldfly
07-29-2013, 06:44 PM
We all know, you have impeccable taste and most food is below you, blah blah blah.

don't get upset now

zitothebrave
07-29-2013, 06:47 PM
don't get upset now

Who's upset?

goldfly
07-29-2013, 06:51 PM
you seem pretty upset that i dissed the crappy food you liked

maybe i misread your tone in the post

zitothebrave
07-29-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm not upset. I fond your pretention amusing.

goldfly
07-29-2013, 07:13 PM
ok

kind of funny for you to get up in arms saying that after you have said this

"Hell yeah I'm picky. If I'm spending time getting something to eat (aka sitting down) it better rock my socks off. If I'm wasting time and getting crap food we're gonna have a problem."

zitothebrave
07-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Haha you thought I was being serious with that post? I was just hoping to have fun with gilesfan and did with thethe instead.

yeezus
07-29-2013, 08:59 PM

Belmar beach?

zitothebrave
07-29-2013, 09:08 PM
It's in Belmar, but yeah by the beach.

goldfly
07-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Haha you thought I was being serious with that post? I was just hoping to have fun with gilesfan and did with thethe instead.

ok

acesfull86
11-29-2013, 08:43 PM
i hoping most of yall are joking instead of me finding out yall have awful taste

but to take the question serious

in the USA and i can't narrow it down to just 5 but these went through my head when thinking about it right away

Peter Lugers (Brooklyn)

Who's down to grab a steak at Lugers with goldy and I? I will go to Lugers any hour of any day of the year.

thethe
11-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Who's down to grab a steak at Lugers with goldy and I? I will go to Lugers any hour of any day of the year.

I'm down!

zitothebrave
11-29-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd go but I don't want to drive 6 hours.

pfiggy
11-30-2013, 08:37 AM

Yeah, and Captain D's

The Chosen One
11-30-2013, 09:02 AM
I'd go but I don't want to drive 6 hours.

Most useful post of the thread.

zitothebrave
11-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Most useful post of the thread.

I only post for usefullness.

BedellBrave
12-12-2013, 09:47 PM
It sure is.

Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJHqstPuNo)

BedellBrave
12-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Or some of these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DhBxE9J-wY)