PDA

View Full Version : PosiBraves vs NegaBraves.

weso1
01-16-2015, 10:45 PM
I feel like that would be a good rivalry. thethe, myself, zbhargrove, Bedell, ramadon, dak, etc. vs. The rest of the board essentially? Who else has the guts to sign in as a posibrave in these trying times? Fence sitters can git.

Would be interesting to see who is right about the sell off going forward? I guess the ultimate win is if we're competitive in 17. But there will be some small victories on each side. Markakis turns out to be better than expected, Heyward has an offensive explosion or the prospects explode this season, etc.

TURBO
01-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Im all aboard.

weso1
01-16-2015, 10:58 PM
I think it's an interesting rivalry for what we all expect will be a very meh season. Would be interesting maybe to have a judge on each side of the aisle to determine the winner for each year? Maybe an avatar bet or have the loser pay the subscription fees of the winners? I feel like this rivalry has some legs, just need posters to check in on which side of the aisle they are on.

zitothebrave
01-16-2015, 11:01 PM
I feel like that would be a good rivalry. thethe, myself, zbhargrove, Bedell, ramadon, dak, etc. vs. The rest of the board essentially? Who else has the guts to sign in as a posibrave in these trying times? Fence sitters can git.

Would be interesting to see who is right about the sell off going forward? I guess the ultimate win is if we're competitive in 17. But there will be some small victories on each side. Markakis turns out to be better than expected, Heyward has an offensive explosion or the prospects explode this season, etc.

I think the ultimate in terms of Jason is what he and Justin sign for. If they sign for a deal then we're boned. If we sign one of them back then kudos to Hart.

Gary82
01-16-2015, 11:03 PM
NegaBrave reporting for brooding.

weso1
01-16-2015, 11:11 PM
I think the ultimate in terms of Jason is what he and Justin sign for. If they sign for a deal then we're boned. If we sign one of them back then kudos to Hart.

This is what the judges will determine, Zito.

The Chosen One
01-17-2015, 12:46 AM

I think Hart would re-sign Heyward before Justin.

I don't think he'd sign Justin back here anyways because Justin is a few years older and he looks like his body would break down before Heyward's.

I seriously feel like Jason is going to have a year similar to 2012 or 2010 if not better. He won't have to worry about leading off since the Cards already have that taken care of, and if Matheny is smart he'll have Heyward be a run driver not table setter.

Tapate50
01-17-2015, 08:02 AM
Posibrave reporting for duty.

Why let something as silly as baseball get you down?

zitothebrave
01-17-2015, 08:07 AM

I don't think he'd sign Justin back here anyways because Justin is a few years older and he looks like his body would break down before Heyward's.

I seriously feel like Jason is going to have a year similar to 2012 or 2010 if not better. He won't have to worry about leading off since the Cards already have that taken care of, and if Matheny is smart he'll have Heyward be a run driver not table setter.

So what you're saying is Jason has more of a man body, while Justin is borderline dad body?

weso1
01-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Do the Posibraves have their first win with dak's post about Markakis actually being an ok defender? judges?

NinersSBChamps
01-17-2015, 01:36 PM
NegaBraves sounds way too close to something that I was banned for in the past.

Tapate50
01-17-2015, 02:16 PM

Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah 2014 and 2013...

Carp
01-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Definitely a posibrave here.

Carp
01-23-2015, 02:50 AM
Losers have to subscribe to Shanks' blog for a year.

BRule
01-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Neg reporting

NinersSBChamps
01-28-2015, 03:06 PM
I am positive that the 2015 Braves will be negative.

Runnin
01-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Positively positive.

Tapate50
01-29-2015, 10:05 AM
How many of the people ****ting on the move to pull the trigger on this rebuild would have the stones to say "Whelp, we ****ed" when this team probably missed the playoffs again next year and had no talent to replace any of the departing players?

I think people want their cake and eat it too.

AerchAngel
01-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Like anything in life, I don't choose sides. I will be positive one day and negative the next depending on the circumstances.

NinersSBChamps
01-29-2015, 12:18 PM
How many of the people ****ting on the move to pull the trigger on this rebuild would have the stones to say "Whelp, we ****ed" when this team probably missed the playoffs again next year and had no talent to replace any of the departing players?

I think people want their cake and eat it too.

I wanted a rebuild after the 2013 playoffs.

CyYoung31
01-30-2015, 07:12 PM
I wanted a rebuild after the 2013 playoffs.

You probably wanted a rebuild after the 1995 World Championship.

Carp
02-02-2015, 11:58 PM
On a completely unrelated note, I am still extremely pissed we traded Justice and Grissom for 1 year of Kenny ****ing Lofton and Alan ****ing Embree.

thethe
02-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Not sure which side I belong on......

thethe
02-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah 2014 and 2013...

Nice

BRule
02-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Not sure which side I belong on......

The side in which Jeff Francoeur is a Major League Baseball MVP.

Tapate50
04-15-2015, 11:25 AM
PosiBraves out to an early lead with the good start ?

thewupk
04-15-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm certainly in the Negabraves corner. What's funny is that most of the Negabraves were Posibraves a year ago..

thethe
04-16-2015, 07:33 AM
Season is still young. Braves are going to lose more than they win unless they get something out of the last two spots in the rotation.

weso1
05-17-2015, 10:53 PM
Posibraves right now sitting comfortably with a significant lead on the negabraves. It's a long season but the posibraves are off to one hell of a start.

thethe
05-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Posibraves right now sitting comfortably with a significant lead on the negabraves. It's a long season but the posibraves are off to one hell of a start.

And getting more comfortable....

Runnin
05-26-2015, 05:48 PM
John Hart seems to know a thing or two after all.

yeezus
05-27-2015, 08:59 AM
John Hart seems to know a thing or two after all.

maybe not as much as the guys on this board, but he's getting there.

Heyward
06-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Im in the middle, but i was for the rebuild, the current core wasnt gonna win ****.

weso1
06-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Negabraves putting all their efforts into defending Wren lately. Not so sure it's working, but the effort is impressive.

NinersSBChamps
06-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Don't really know what camp I fall in anymore.

thethe
06-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Negabraves putting all their efforts into defending Wren lately. Not so sure it's working, but the effort is impressive.

That's all that's left.

weso1
06-22-2015, 08:45 PM
I think maybe there might be a miscommunication on my part in regards to negabraves vs posibraves. I don't want anyone to take it personally. It's supposed to just be fun. By no means do I think that certain posters are anti braves because they disagree with the rebuild. I just thought it would be fun to differentiate those who were pro rebuild and those who were anti rebuild and see who wind up being on the right side. A rivalry if you will. I chose the term because of the "Braves way" line by JS. Maybe looking back on it I should have chosen pro rebuild vs nega rebuild. I've thought about it many times and I know that most of you are not anti braves, but I also feel my original words do have a certain ring to it. Negabraves are clearly huge braves fans who want the best for the braves and I probably should have made that more clear. So I don't really see you as a negabrave, but as an anti rebuild Brave or, imo, an overly skeptical Brave. But at the same time there is niners who appears to be antibrave.

NinersSBChamps
06-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Keep dropping my name in your posts and I am gonna be anti-weso.

weso1
06-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Keep dropping my name in your posts and I am gonna be anti-weso.

You know you love it.

NinersSBChamps
06-22-2015, 09:52 PM
You know you love it.

You aren't my leader anymore.

weso1
06-22-2015, 10:01 PM
You aren't my leader anymore.

I hope we can still be friends.

Runnin
06-22-2015, 10:33 PM
I think maybe there might be a miscommunication on my part in regards to negabraves vs posibraves. I don't want anyone to take it personally. It's supposed to just be fun. By no means do I think that certain posters are anti braves because they disagree with the rebuild. I just thought it would be fun to differentiate those who were pro rebuild and those who were anti rebuild and see who wind up being on the right side. A rivalry if you will. I chose the term because of the "Braves way" line by JS. Maybe looking back on it I should have chosen pro rebuild vs nega rebuild. I've thought about it many times and I know that most of you are not anti braves, but I also feel my original words do have a certain ring to it. Negabraves are clearly huge braves fans who want the best for the braves and I probably should have made that more clear. So I don't really see you as a negabrave, but as an anti rebuild Brave or, imo, an overly skeptical Brave. But at the same time there is niners who appears to be antibrave.
I'm honestly just PROFO (pro front office). I supported Wren until they let him go. LOL at myself.

The Braves' organization has the reputation of being one of the best run professional sports teams anywhere. As long as this continues, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't have the time nor interest to follow the game so closely I could second guess them without feelingly arrogant and delusional. Many posters love playing GM and I suppose there's some pleasure in that. If only one could check the results of your speculation. But more often than not, that just leads to more speculation.

The 3 John's handling of this rebuild has done nothing to change my overall opinion of their ability to run a successful team.

I certainly don't think we do everything right - the rash of TJ surgeries. Something is completely effed up there. And we haven't been very good at developing hitters, but I see some hope on that front.

zitothebrave
06-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Jason is my favorite former negabrave. Justin next. BJ is definitely my least favorite negabrave. Nega didn't hit for ****.

NinersSBChamps
06-22-2015, 10:47 PM
I hope we can still be friends.

I will think about it.