PDA

View Full Version : free ufc

DjGrizz
07-28-2013, 12:05 AM
McDonald vs Ellenberger was disappointing. Ellenberger just couldn't get past that stiff jab of McDonald.

And Mighty Mouse is just a beast

And btw Lawler looks like a different fighter

Krgrecw
07-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Dana white went off on the disappointing fight.

On a junkie forum thread they are bashing what Kevin Nash said a while back that small guys don't put butts in seats. I agree with him. I hate GSP and Silva. I want to see to big guys go at it. No dancing around. No wrestling.

Brock really took the ufc to the next level.

You hear they had a Brock/fedor fight signed than Fedors dad unexpectedly died and the fight fell apart? That would had been the ****. Fedor probably would had beat his ass

gilesfan
07-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Small guys don't put butts in the seats?

The heavyweight division is a lot better now, but it was crap for 5 years while the UFC was blowing up. Frank Mir and Brock as champs......lollll.

Give me Lauzon, Cerrone, Swanson, Hendricks to watch over anyone that weighs 185 pounds or more.

ESP47
07-29-2013, 09:29 AM
All those guys you named have excellent finishing power though. Johnson has zero power and rarely looks to finish. He only has 2 finishes during his entire WEC/UFC career. I don't care how fast or technical he is...he's visually boring to watch. Plus I think it's stupid to have him headlining a FOX card. We went from watching headliners like Cain, JDS, Shogun, Diaz etc to Johnson? It's a huge drop off in star power. They should be putting their best foot forward with these FOX cards to build a fan base. Instead they're throwing their weakest champions on them because they know they can't sell pay per views.

Lawler is one of my favorite fighters and he looked awesome but I've been watching him for years and he's always been inconsistent. He'll look like a title contender one fight and then be super timid in the next for no apparent reason. I hope he gets the winner of Condit/Kampmann.

gilesfan
07-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Johnson is a stud though. I don't understand calling him one of the weaker champions. Just because he doesn't appeal to the bar room brawl crowd, doesn't mean he's not a strong champion. I love finish fights, but DJ is fighting elite fighters, which makes it tough to stop fights.

Moraga
Dodson
Benavidez
McCall (2)
Cruz
Torress
Yamamota
Page
Pace
Pickett

I believe some of those fights he was fighting guys at a higher weight class.

ESP47
07-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Every champion is fighting elite fighters. What champions are weaker than him? I agree with most everything you're saying but visually he is just not a strong champion. Especially to casual fans and these FOX cards should be geared around the casual fans. Cain/Jones/(was Anderson) destroy guys. Johnson is insanely technical but he just doesn't finish guys. Normally his fights consist of two tiny guys running around at 100mph fighting like rabbits while absolutely nothing comes of it other than scoring a few points here and there. You watch Jones or Anderson fight and you can't look away because the fight could end at any second. With Johnson you don't even need to look at the tv until Joe Rogen starts yelling...and even then it's probably a false alarm.

gilesfan
07-29-2013, 10:14 AM
How many guys does benson Henderson finish? GSP? Cruz?

Personally, I don't care if they gear toward casual fans or hardcore fans, they seem to be doing well. The card Saturday didn't end up well, but it was a card I was excited for as I expected fireworks with Rory/Jake and DJ/Moraga.

Silva is an exciting fighter for sure. But, lets be real, the 185 class has been pretty weak for sometime. Silva is fighting Sonnen, Cote, Belfort, Okami, Maia, Leites, Henderson (in upper 30s). Once SIlva destroyed Franklin, there was no one left in the 185 division.

Jones is a great fighter and has finished elite fighters.

Outside of Cain/JDS, which heavyweights are really exciting fighters that put butts in seat? Overeem (all due to his pride roided up days).

Not every card is going to be a winner. And they can't keep putting same fighters on Fox so you have to introduce other classes/fighters to people that have been living under a rock and don't know about UFC (not sure how many that is)

I guess my point is, by division, give me the 170 and 155 division over any other division in the UFC.

gilesfan
07-29-2013, 10:16 AM
I think research shows bigger guys have more finishes. Too me, that doesn't always equal more exciting. Watching Hunt and JDS suck air for the 2nd and 3rd rounds before Hunt finally runs into one doesn't equal more exciting that a Condit/Hendricks type fight.

ESP47
07-29-2013, 10:54 AM
No one is saying Condit and Hendricks are boring. I'm talking about Johnson. Most people out there would rather watch two gassed heavyweights go at it than Johnson vs. some other midget go at it like rabbits at 100mph with nothing ever coming of it other than a judges decision.

Metaphysicist
07-29-2013, 08:58 PM
FREE MUMIA

Krgrecw
07-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Giles I know you're a purist but the majority of people who watch ufc ppv's at bars don't know much about the fighters or thier history. They just want to watch people beat the crap out of each other. Lesnar may not have been the best but he was a big name who made people watch and drew in wwe fans. The three biggest ufc ppv buys of all time all had him in the main event. If Lesnar could work the mic he'd be the man. Sonnens not that good of a fighter but the dude can work a mic and build up fights so he's got a spot.

I think the ufc does need to create dome characters. Make people care about a fighter and makes them want to tune in. There was a reason they brought in Paul Heyman to work with Shane Carwin who couldn't work the mic at all.

DjGrizz
07-30-2013, 05:08 AM
Leave it to the jolly green giant to call for more heavyweight fights ;)

DjGrizz
07-30-2013, 05:09 AM
And Mighty Mouse is so technically sound. I absolutely love watching him fight

gilesfan
07-30-2013, 09:02 AM
I am a purist, grew. I've been watching for longer than most people and have some minimal training. I think the UFC actually does a pretty good job of balancing fights that purists want to see and fights that drunk guys at Buffalo Wild Wings wants to see.

I don't enjoy watching 2 heavyweights gas 2 minutes into the fight, but I don't complain about it. But, then you have a great technical figher in DJ completely dominate a very good fighter and people want to complain about it. Doesn't sit well.