PDA

View Full Version : Royals Placer Medlen on 60-day DL

rico43
03-07-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm sure many of us thought he would be ready sooner than this. Another sign that TJ surgery is not a panacea.

Royals general manager Dayton Moore said Thursday that they are looking at Kris Medlen (elbow) as someone who will be able to contribute in the second half in 2015.
Medlen, who is coming off a second Tommy John surgery this past March, was signed to a two-year, $8.5 million contract with a $10 million mutual option for 2017. The Royals are going to be extra careful about pushing him too soon.

That would be about a 16-month comeback.

Millwood1Hitter
03-07-2015, 11:46 PM
And why anyone would be shocked by this is beyond my belief. Two things, first off coming back off of second TJ Kris has a large uphill battle ahead of him, and 2) it's smart if the Royals to not push and rush things and in the long term. I don't know what to expect from that team as far as contending this season, but if they're gonna they are gonna need a healthy Kris down the stretch.

And recently, I believe the Braves pushed the envelope as far as rushing rehab and pushing them too quickly. Yes there was some bad luck involved, but the handling of Kris after his first TJ surgery and no planning was asking for disaster and same can be said for Beachy.

I love Kris, he was my favorite Braves starter since Maddux, Millwood, and Vazquez but it's gonna be tough.

mossy
03-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Here's to hoping he overcomes the odds. He too was a favorite of mine.

sc1767
03-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Yeah me too, love Medlen wish him the best.