PDA

View Full Version : 4/18/15 GDT: Looks like a new starting CF / Peterson getting the LaStella treament

Pages : 1 [2]

chop2chip
04-18-2015, 03:52 PM
He was terrible yesterday too and his ball doesn't sink here, that is why I'd not pitched him.

Understanding that he was terrible, you can't base your decision making off one game. Especially since there is no reason for why Sinker ballets should struggle in Toronto.

AerchAngel
04-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Bobby didn't do it because he thought it would change a call, he did it to stand up for his team and that can help.

This, SAV.

This and this and this. To DEFEND YOUR TEAM.

JusticeForAll23
04-18-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm not quite sure why blowing a 4-0 lead after 6 innings pisses me off, because I don't think it's going to matter much in the grand scheme of things this year. We're still probably going to eventually flameout and be the 70-75 win team everyone expected us to be, but dammit why did Fredi pitch Johnson again today after yesterday? What an awful decision. And can we just do the smart thing tomorrow and intentionally put Donaldson on base every time he bats?

MadduxFanII
Let's hold off on the condolences. Far all we know, it might have been a funeral for one of Dalyn's enemies.

AerchAngel
Bobby didn't do it because he thought it would change a call, he did it to stand up for his team and that can help.

Exactly.

It means your coach is behind you. Fredi, I won't like defend him, nor anoint him, but he has to get some gonads because I think he is a hermaphrodite, seriously. He doesn't know what terone he needs to use, female or male when the situation calls for it.

AerchAngel
04-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Let's hold off on the condolences. Far all we know, it might have been a funeral for one of Dalyn's enemies.

Dude, that is not so cool. Dal is on my Facebook and I know if he goes to something like this knowing his background, it is legit.

The Chosen One
04-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Bobby didn't do it because he thought it would change a call, he did it to stand up for his team and that can help. In fact, I cannot tell you how many times I heard over the years a player say it helps knowing Bobby had their back in such situations.

I've heard it too. But it could just be one of those things players say like the cliche of "he's a good teammate". Bobby always had a rule never to publicly bash or throw a player under the bus to the media, and that's why players have always respected him and may say some over the top things to help his legacy.

Fredi to my knowledge has yet to break from that trend.

I've seen Fredi get outraged once and that was over the Holbrook call. Fredi learned from Bobby, he picked and chose what to do, and I don't think throwing himself out is one of those things. I mean how many managers leaguewide today get ejected as often as Bobby ever did? Even Torre and LaRussa didn't get thrown out or argued as much.

AerchAngel
04-18-2015, 04:02 PM
I've heard it too. But it could just be one of those things players say like the cliche of "he's a good teammate". Bobby always had a rule never to publicly bash or throw a player under the bus to the media, and that's why players have always respected him and may say some over the top things to help his legacy.

I've seen Fredi get outraged once and that was over the Holbrook call. Fredi learned from Bobby, he picked and chose what to do, and I don't think throwing himself out is one of those things. I mean how many managers leaguewide today get ejected as often as Bobby ever did? Even Torre and LaRussa didn't get thrown out or argued as much.

Good point.

But this was the time and place for him to do something. We got bent over in the worse way. What if it happens tomorrow and we can't overcome it and he does nothing?

You can lose your clubhouse.

Dalyn
04-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Sorry for your loss Dal, I hope all is okay now and moving forward.

Sorry to hear, my condolences.

Appreciate it. I guess the bright side is that I missed this game.

bravesnumberone
04-18-2015, 04:07 PM

That's because the teams they managed got the calls. :Bowman:

Dalyn
04-18-2015, 04:07 PM

Dude, that is not so cool. Dal is on my Facebook and I know if he goes to something like this knowing his background, it is legit.

Oh, it's okay. I don't take anybody around here seriously. Jokes are expected. In fact, that's part of the Chop Country charm. :cooter:

sturg33
04-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Never forget kids - you can't use your closer in a tie game on the road!

Braves1976
04-18-2015, 04:45 PM
That call at first that effected the outcome of the game shouldn't be tolerated. He was clearly out on replay but the call stood anyway and Braves of course lose by a run in extras. If that isn't room for protesting a game I don't know what is.

If I were Fredi I'd still be going crazy about it...

VirginiaBrave
04-18-2015, 05:07 PM

The whole ejection record bs got more press than the team did seems like in 2010. It didn't help the team made up those stupid t-shirts.

Braves1976
04-18-2015, 05:30 PM
@DOBrienAJC · 1h 1 hour ago
Video: Alex Wood On Braves' Loss And Call Not Overturned http://on-ajc.com/1JTBUfY #Braves

AerchAngel
04-18-2015, 07:26 PM

When you play in the pro league like I had and your coach just let things go, it effects your team. I screamed at my coach to do something, I couldn't afford absorbing another technical foul bitching at the refs, they were itching to get me after me doing the American way of doing justice, Barkley like. After about six games he got a clue to argue, not the best I admit, but it rally the troops and I did not have to do it and getting technical fouls in the process. So yes, barking at the umps and getting in their face does change the complexion. In college basketball it helps, you get make up calls and in baseball the umpire might think differently on the strike zone.

Trust me, it works and I know.

JohnAdcox
04-18-2015, 10:14 PM
Sorry to hear, my condolences.

Likewise, mate. Blessings.

Braves1976
04-18-2015, 10:32 PM
I didn't know where to ask this, so I'll just ask it here. Does anyone know if Striker42 ever came over here from Scout when a lot of us did? I noticed he still posts there, albeit rarely, but I don't recall seeing him here unless under a different username. I always liked his posts back in the day so just curious.

CyYoung31
04-18-2015, 10:38 PM
I didn't know where to ask this, so I'll just ask it here. Does anyone know if Striker42 ever came over here from Scout when a lot of us did? I noticed he still posts there, albeit rarely, but I don't recall seeing him here unless under a different username. I always liked his posts back in the day so just curious.

Yes, he did. Don't know why he doesn't post here anymore. I believe he stopped right at the end of the 2013 season.

CyYoung31
04-18-2015, 10:40 PM
And as I look it up I see that his last post was indeed from 10/02/13.

By the way, there is a member list under the community tab where you can go to find out these things.

Braves1976
04-18-2015, 10:42 PM
Yes, he did. Don't know why he doesn't post here anymore. I believe he stopped right at the end of the 2013 season.

OK thanks.

Braves1976
04-18-2015, 10:43 PM
And as I look it up I see that his last post was indeed from 10/02/13.

By the way, there is a member list under the community tab where you can go to find out these things.

Oops, I should've checked that. Thanks. :)

CyYoung31
04-19-2015, 12:31 AM
It's no problem, I'm just letting you know.

UNCBlue012
04-19-2015, 12:20 PM
No game day thread?

Julio3000
04-19-2015, 12:22 PM
I just put one up.