PDA

View Full Version : 4/28/15 MINOR LEAGUE THREAD: M-Braves play two

rico43
04-28-2015, 12:40 AM
TUESDAY GAMES
ALL TIMES EDT

CLASS AAA

Gwinnett 3, Scranton/WB 2

WP: W. Perez (2-0) 7 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K.
Kurcz (Save, 5 ) 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K.
E. Perez 2-4, 2 RBI; Reyes 1-3, RBI; Peraza 1-3, R.

CLASS AA

Game One
Mobile 3, Mississippi 0 (3rd, suspended)

SP: Brigham 1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K.

Game Two
Mississippi @ Mobile, ppd.

ADVANCED CLASS A

Lynchburg 8, Carolina 2

LP: Sims (1-3) 2.2 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 K.
Walters 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K.
Franco 2-3, HR (2nd), 2 RBI.
Only 3 hits for Carolina

CLASS A

Rome 3, Lexington 0

WP: Barker (1-2) 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K.
Roney (Save, 1) 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K.
Albies 2-4, R, 2 SB, CS. (.284)
De La Rosa 1-4, HR (1st), RBI; Curcio 1-4, 2B, R, RBI; Edgerton 1-4, RBI.

MOVES: Yepez (calf strain), Jaime (toe laceration) placed on Gwinnett DL. Waszak moved to Carolina roster.

thethe
04-28-2015, 07:17 PM
So we need to start talking about Williams Perez as the first guy that is going to get called up from AAA after Stults/Cahil prove to be useless over a longer stretch of time.

thethe
04-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Geez, what has happened to Lucas Sims?

smootness
04-29-2015, 06:07 AM
Perez has been killing it, but I still feel like Folty will probably be the first called up. I think he'll come up after his next start if it's another good one.

Tapate50
04-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Geez, what has happened to Lucas Sims?

I don't want to get too worried about it but it sure would make me feel better to hear he has been fiddling with a new pitch or its just a minor injury he is working through.

Tapate50
04-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Albies is what...18 in Rome? Keep it up kid...no power at all, but should come with age. The right building blocks seem to be there.

thethe
04-29-2015, 07:49 AM
Perez has been killing it, but I still feel like Folty will probably be the first called up. I think he'll come up after his next start if it's another good one.

I think the fact that he is clearly part of the future hurts him in that respsect. I think they will keep him down there and work on things and burn Williams Perez service time.

sturg33
04-29-2015, 08:53 AM
So who is Williams Perez and is he someone we should be optimistic about?

50PoundHead
04-29-2015, 09:25 AM
So who is Williams Perez and is he someone we should be optimistic about?

Hard to say. Ground ball machine.

Here's what gondeee over at the other Chop Country wrote about him prior to the 2015 season:

It surprised me (and others) that Perez (and Yean Carlos Gil) were protected on the 40-man roster over seemingly better prospects like J.R. Graham and Cody Martin. But in many ways Perez out-pitched every other starter at Mississippi. Prior to this year he was considered a soft-tossing command and control pitcher, but he apparently added some velocity to his sinking fastball, pushing it into the low-90s. He combines that with a good changeup in a pitch-to-contact approach that keeps batters off balance, while limiting free passes. He should join the Gwinnett rotation this year, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him emerge in spring training as a candidate to be the fifth starter in the same way that Gus Schlosser did last year. MLB ETA: 2015

He was always the second Perez (behind the more-heralded Carlos Perez) when in the low minors, but he's climbed the ladder consistently and actually had better stats as he's moved up.

PS--A guy I will be watching this season is Bradley Roney. He was the closer for Southern Mississippi during his career there, but also played a lot of 3B. Could be one of those guys who flourishes once he concentrates solely on pitching. Thus far in his pro career, his K rate is 13.8/9. Trouble is is BB rate is 7.0/9.

thethe
04-29-2015, 09:29 AM
It was also reported that Williams Perez really impressed the Braves scouts in Spring Training this year. I think he is the first man up and its fitting that his spot is aligned with Julios right now so it actually makes sense to call him up soon.

Russ2dollas
04-29-2015, 10:07 AM
It was also reported that Williams Perez really impressed the Braves scouts in Spring Training this year. I think he is the first man up and its fitting that his spot is aligned with Julios right now so it actually makes sense to call him up soon.

Tehran should be DL to make sure he's ok.....let this kid get a shot.

Folty needs at least half a season in AAA for me. Make sure he's got his pace slowed down. Work on that slider. Keep service time down.

smootness
04-29-2015, 12:21 PM
I think the fact that he is clearly part of the future hurts him in that respsect. I think they will keep him down there and work on things and burn Williams Perez service time.

I get that, but a I don't think you can keep him down too long. I don't think he spent two months in the majors last year, so you should be able to call him up by early June at least and still keep him under a year total.

But he has to start getting time at the major league level if you want him fully ready by 2017.