07-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Is fantastic. Good job everyone

The Chosen One
07-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Is fantastic. Good job everyone

Pats self on back.:eusa_dance:

DaneHill
07-05-2013, 09:00 AM
It is indeed quite a nice change and nice-looking site already after just a day. Bravo, SAV. :eusa_clap:

TURBO
07-05-2013, 01:31 PM
agreed

Dalyn
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Yep. Very nice work.

NinersSBChamps
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
I like how you can customize the colors and all that stuff.

Elvislovedthebraves
07-23-2013, 10:01 PM
So someone please fill me in on what happened at scout. One day I'm all in on ynot and then I left for India. When I logged back in everything had changed and no one was there. What happened?

The Chosen One
07-23-2013, 10:33 PM
So someone please fill me in on what happened at scout. One day I'm all in on ynot and then I left for India. When I logged back in everything had changed and no one was there. What happened?

Long story short:

Shanks gave power to PatioDaddio after he left Scout. Patio has single handedly destroyed the community. He's banned people for the most absurd reasons. Weso made a thread respectfully suggesting something, and he was banned. We had an old board that I created like 8 years ago around the time all the trolls were roaming Scout and infesting the GDT with non-sense. After Weso got banned, he PM'd me (who was also banned) Zito and we opened up the old site. We slowly PM'd members who happened to also be disgruntled with the way things were being run, and we all migrated to our InvisionFree board. For about a month and a half we posted on a free board with old software, gaining more and more members to the community from Scout. We had disgruntled members who would post "suicide" missions advertising this site during the morning or time when Patio was asleep or drunk, and that allowed a lot of lurkers and posters to realize where we were at.

I opened up this new site with new forum on July 4th. Everyone's been migrating slowly more and more and more each day. We all used our resources to try and find all the old old old posters from 10+ years ago that kind of just left over time and here we are today. Scout board is dead, JerryStarke is the only poster there now (it's an alternate username for PatioDaddio).

Honestly he's really destroyed what was once a great place. He doesn't accept PM's, so if you have a complaint how can you let him know? If you publicly ask a question or something, you get deleted and banned. He said when Scout gave him the admin duties, they wanted him to clean up the place of all the whiny grumpy posters (basically the old guard). Well slowly but surely we all got banned, and he gave himself a huge public Freeman Hug saying how everything's better now that the "few rats" have been exterminated. And that now the grandmas and kids could read the board without worry.

He's basically talking to himself and manipulaitng the numbers to make it seem like there's still life there.

Oh and Glad to have you along Elvis! (it was I that sent you that PM)

:tchop:

Elvislovedthebraves
07-24-2013, 07:54 AM
This is awesome. Glad to be here.i was a member of that board for 10 years but things were real bad. I will try to post more here

TURBO
07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Sav is really Patio GUys :YDS:

The Chosen One
07-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Sav is really Patio GUys :YDS:
:cooter:

Germanbrave
07-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi BravesFaninSAV,

thank you for telling me about this site:
I finally checked my Inbox and found your message.

Great work and good to see all the old Posters!!!

The Chosen One
07-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi BravesFaninSAV,

thank you for telling me about this site:
I finally checked my Inbox and found your message.

Great work and good to see all the old Posters!!!

Glad to have you back with the gang! :rock:

weso1
07-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Need to get this site to show up on google now that it looks good and has strong support. Going to have a lot of scout posters start searching "braves message board" if they haven't already.

SneakyFrenchSpy
08-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Thanks to GenericBravesFan for posting on the gamethread tonight about this place!! I knew something fishy was going on over @ Scout.

The Chosen One
08-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Can you unquote what he said so he doens't get banned by Starke?

Mrs. Meta
08-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Thanks to GenericBravesFan for posting on the gamethread tonight about this place!! I knew something fishy was going on over @ Scout.

You're welcome!

...and I second Stark (without the E)'s request, haha. :Alone:

rawwr
08-07-2013, 01:20 AM
I'm really glad I found this board. Created my scout account in the leadup to the Hudson trade, and lurked more than I posted (Bill Shanks' aggressive anti-stat stance made it difficult for me to post in a civil manner). The past few months I've been so confused about why the scout board kept getting less and less active and all the regulars kept disappearing. And then "Jerry Starke" showed up and started creating like 5 threads at a time out of nowhere.

Finally tonight I started looking around and noticed the link to this site in zito's scout profile, so uh... hi. Still probably won't post much, but it's nice to know what actually happened to the scout board and that the community i lurked in for 9 years still exists.

The Chosen One
08-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Why the hell when people look for everyone they always start with zitothebrave?

CyYoung31
08-07-2013, 03:18 AM

He's the face, for better or worse.

rawwr
08-07-2013, 09:10 AM

He has a memorable name, posted a lot on the free boards, and I thought I remembered seeing him post more recently than other regulars.

Although now that I look at my inbox, I see weso sent me a PM over a week ago - I just never thought to check it since that's the first PM I've received since I created my account in 2004.

The Chosen One
08-07-2013, 09:20 AM
He's the face that everybody's been coming to.

BRule
08-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I choose to ignore the fact that Zito is the first name that some people think of, it's too terrifying....

BUT...having the link in his sig/profile/whatever is a great idea and something everyone should do. Even if you're banned.

CyYoung31
08-07-2013, 05:26 PM
He's the face that everybody's been coming to.

Let's face it, most of the posters who frequent this community are little kids.