PDA

View Full Version : Two Cops Shot in Hattiesburg

Hawk
05-10-2015, 12:03 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-mississippi-police-officers-killed-search-suspects-n356641

Three people have been charged over the fatal shooting of two police officers during a traffic stop in the southern Mississippi city of Hattiesburg on Saturday night, authorities said.

The officers, Benjamin J. Deen, 34, and Liquori Tate, 25, were gunned down after one of them pulled over a Hyundai for a speeding violation, according to Warren Strain, a spokesman for the Mississippi Department of Public Safety.

Three suspects, including two brothers, were arrested in different locations after a manhunt that lasted into the early hours of Sunday morning, Strain said.

Marvin Banks, 29, was charged with two counts of capital murder, grand theft auto, and a felon in possession of a firearm; Joanie Calloway, 22, was charged with two counts of capital murder; and Curtis Banks, 26, was charged with accessory after the fact of capital murder.

The suspects fled after the incident, Strain said, with Marvin Banks alleged to have escaped in one of the officer's vehicles.

---

Lex Talionis.

thethe
05-10-2015, 12:26 PM
This type of crap forces officers to make difficult real time decisions while liberals and libertarians play Monday morning quarterback.

AerchAngel
05-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Death Penalty is too nice. Put them in general population, too bad Lawrence Phillips won't be their cell mate because he knows how to get the proper job done.

Krgrecw
05-10-2015, 07:18 PM
No liberals care to post in this thread? I guess it doesn't fit their agenda.

thethe
05-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Officers jobs are easy and should make the right decision 3verytime. There is no threat to their lives at all.

Krgrecw
05-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Officers jobs are easy and should make the right decision 3verytime. There is no threat to their lives at all.

its self defense. Blacks are scared that cops are going to kill them so the blacks are the aggressors out of self defense towards the cops

Michael Brown attacked the cop in ferguson Because Brown thought the cop was going to kill him. I'm sure these two stand out citizens thought the same thing.

Trying to twist it how liberals would.

AerchAngel
05-11-2015, 12:46 AM
its self defense. Blacks are scared that cops are going to kill them so the blacks are the aggressors out of self defense towards the cops

Michael Brown attacked the cop in ferguson Because Brown thought the cop was going to kill him. I'm sure these two stand out citizens thought the same thing.

Trying to twist it how liberals would.

But remember only those who have a rap sheet. Being black, I have no fear for the cops unless I am hiding something or did something wrong, which is never and they respect that. If you are black and nothing to hide, you talk to them, they are really cool. I lost it one time because they tried to make me look like an idiot to my boss that was in the car with me. But they got theirs in the end and chief of police had to publicly apologize to me. After that not one problem with them, EVER.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm curious how many cops were killed last year. I don't know the answer - so am I asking

Edit: Found it.

The number of police officers killed in the line of duty increased in 2014, a report by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund finds. In total, 126 officers were killed in 2014. That's a 24 percent increase from 2013, when 102 officers were killed.Dec 30, 2014

So about 10% of citizens killed by cops.

Hawk
05-11-2015, 10:56 AM
I'm curious how many cops were killed last year. I don't know the answer - so am I asking

Edit: Found it.

So about 10% of citizens killed by cops.

So the number should be equal in order to make it right?

gilesfan
05-11-2015, 10:58 AM

Yes, law abiding citizens should be shot at the same rate as criminals.

thethe
05-11-2015, 11:25 AM

You can't make this **** up.

yeezus
05-11-2015, 11:30 AM
No liberals care to post in this thread? I guess it doesn't fit their agenda.

are the people that shot the cops going to get away with it? i'm confused. if they're not prosecuted you have a point.

thethe
05-11-2015, 11:33 AM
are the people that shot the cops going to get away with it? i'm confused. if they're not prosecuted you have a point.

It just leads into the idea that being a police officer is an incredibly difficult job and that decisions made in real time won't always be right nad logical. Yes, get the egregious offenders but we need to understand that bad decisions are often made by good people.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 11:57 AM

Hmm... not sure I said that.

Would be nice if the other number was significantly smaller

gilesfan
05-11-2015, 12:03 PM

It would be nice if people comply with cops and not put their lives in danger as well.

AerchAngel
05-11-2015, 12:06 PM
It would be nice if people comply with cops and not put their lives in danger as well.

The most common sense in this whole thread.

If you did nothing wrong, why fight the cops or make their lives difficult? Yes some are dirty but have to provoke them to bring the nasty out of them.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:07 PM

Yes of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE

gilesfan
05-11-2015, 12:07 PM
yeah, there was that 1 time so that means it always happens.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:11 PM
I agree with you. Do what the cop says, and if you don't, the cop should kill you.

thethe
05-11-2015, 12:16 PM
I agree with you. Do what the cop says, and if you don't, the cop should kill you.

Cops should shoot every black person because two cops just were killed by black people.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:20 PM
To be clear, I'm not defending killing cops. It is pathetic and hopefully they get the life sentence.

But over 1100 people were killed by cops last year (that were reported). 100+ cops were killed.

Those numbers are off, folks. Why is it so hard to admit that?

thethe
05-11-2015, 12:22 PM
To be clear, I'm not defending killing cops. It is pathetic and hopefully they get the life sentence.

But over 1100 people were killed by cops last year (that were reported). 100+ cops were killed.

How many of those cops were doing something illegal at the time they were killed?

How many civilians were doing something illegal at the time they were killed?

Doesn't justify their deaths but if the first illegal act doesn't happen the death doesn't happen.

Hawk
05-11-2015, 12:22 PM

I understood the inference.

It's okay, no need to backtrack from your position.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:23 PM
How many of those cops were doing something illegal at the time they were killed?

How many civilians were doing something illegal at the time they were killed?

Doesn't justify their deaths but if the first illegal act doesn't happen the death doesn't happen.

I don't know - there's countless videos of cops shooting first, and asking questions (or planting evidence) later.

Imagine how much was not caught on video

Hawk
05-11-2015, 12:25 PM

It's not 'hard to admit' -- but it is certainly an embarassingly superficial take on a complicated and delicate issue.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:25 PM
It's not 'hard to admit' -- but it is certainly an embarassingly superficial take on a complicated and delicate issue.

I think the number of people killed by those who are protecting and serving is embarrassing.

Hawk
05-11-2015, 12:28 PM
I think the number of people illegitimately killed by those who are protecting and serving is embarrassing.

FIFY.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:30 PM
FIFY.

Sure.

But even if someone is doing something wrong - say smoking weed - I don't think that would constitute a legitimate death.

But I understand we disagree.

thethe
05-11-2015, 12:31 PM
It's incredible to me that as a society we are getting to the point where criminals are viewed in a better light than police officers.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:34 PM
It's incredible to me that as a society we are getting to the point where criminals are viewed in a better light than police officers.

I think you're missing the issue.

The issue is that too often their interchangeable

Hawk
05-11-2015, 12:34 PM
But even if someone is doing something wrong - say smoking weed - I don't think that would constitute a legitimate death.

When I hear reports of police officers executing citizens in street for smoking marijuana I will absolutely join the underground resistance.

Until that time, I prefer to reside in the mental state of reality.

thethe
05-11-2015, 12:36 PM
I think you're missing the issue.

The issue is that too often their interchangeable

Define too often please.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:36 PM
When I hear reports of police officers executing citizens in street for smoking marijuana I will absolutely join the underground resistance.

Until that time, I prefer to reside in the mental state of reality.

Well, we saw video recently of a cop shooting a guy several times for running away. Then tried to plant evidence on the guy. You say "HE WAS RUNNING AWAY!!! DON'T RUN - AND YOU DONT DIE!"

I'll fully admit I'm more concerned with the cop's actions than whatever the individual did that made him think he needed to run

Oklahomahawk
05-11-2015, 12:42 PM
You know somewhere Joseph Goebbels is looking up from the pits of hell and smiling, Pavlov too though I'm not as sure where he's looking from.

gilesfan
05-11-2015, 12:44 PM

This appears to be the dumbest argument I've ever read.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 12:48 PM
This appears to be the dumbest argument I've ever read.

Cool. Hopefully that civilian number keeps getting bigger so we can get all the scum off the planet

Hawk
05-11-2015, 12:50 PM
You know somewhere Joseph Goebbels is looking up from the pits of hell and smiling

Given that Goebbels was a fascist propagandist (and an excellent one at that) he's definitely not smiling at a society whose elements prefer to lay out police over criminals as a result of several well-publicized murders.

zitothebrave
05-11-2015, 12:50 PM
One of the cops was black. If this was 2 white cops this thread would be 30 pages longer.

Hawk
05-11-2015, 12:51 PM
I'll fully admit I'm more concerned with the cop's actions than whatever the individual did that made him think he needed to run

No comment, I guess.

thethe
05-11-2015, 12:53 PM
One of the cops was black. If this was 2 white cops this thread would be 30 pages longer.

I've never made this a race issue. You are either a civilized person or not. The fact that this cop was black should shed the race question. This is not a black and white issue. This is a deadbeat issue.

zitothebrave
05-11-2015, 12:54 PM
This is essentially my opinion on the general tone of this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZhrGR0D0Y

cajunrevenge
I dont have any sympathy for police officers anymore. To me they are a criminal organization at war with the american people. They might not all be doing the crimes themselves but turning a blind eye to what others are doing makes them accessories to the crime. The justice system is clear, they dont give a **** about holding police officers accountable. Police officers are supposed to protect and serve not shoot first and ask questions later. I am tired of being afraid of cops. They are like the school bully going around looking to steal peoples lunch money. Police officers are the real terrorists we should be fighting.

sturg33
No comment, I guess.

Considering I think death is not an appropriate penalty for anyone, I would think my argument makes sense. If you disagree, then oh well. I'm not surprised.

Shoot em all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ins9VAo-xLY

AerchAngel
05-11-2015, 12:56 PM
I've never made this a race issue. You are either a civilized person or not. The fact that this cop was black should shed the race question. This is not a black and white issue. This is a deadbeat issue.

Zito is right, but like I said, if it were two white cops, Jackass and Dullton would be all over this. Just like Baltimore after they found out the black cops did it, nothing, zilch, zip. It has to be whites only before they say anything.

AerchAngel
05-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Considering I think death is not an appropriate penalty for anyone, I would think my argument makes sense. If you disagree, then oh well. I'm not surprised.

Shoot em all!

For a person who will gladly leave them on the street to starve to death by denying them welfare or when their money is cut off , do you want your tax paying money paid to keep people like this alive for life? You know each prisoner is costing us thousands and thousands, we are talking murderers not some pan handler or Madoff types. Which you do not agree that they should not be in jail, or check bouncers, or defrauders and other of the white collar type.

thethe
05-11-2015, 12:59 PM
I have never once been afraid of a cop.

gilesfan
05-11-2015, 01:07 PM
I dont have any sympathy for police officers anymore. To me they are a criminal organization at war with the american people. They might not all be doing the crimes themselves but turning a blind eye to what others are doing makes them accessories to the crime. The justice system is clear, they dont give a **** about holding police officers accountable. Police officers are supposed to protect and serve not shoot first and ask questions later. I am tired of being afraid of cops. They are like the school bully going around looking to steal peoples lunch money. Police officers are the real terrorists we should be fighting.

Is this your opinion or did you copy and paste from some retard tin foil website?

Which officers in particular were not held accountable?

Why the **** would you be afraid of cops, what have you done wrong?

Hawk
05-11-2015, 01:08 PM

Shoot em all!

What argument? You've just posted YouTube videos in a sensationalist attempt to illustrate that police are out of control and said you don't believe in the death penalty.

cajunrevenge
05-11-2015, 01:08 PM

Do any of your neighbors smoke weed? Cops could misstakingly raid your house at 3 am and shoot you because you are startled.

gilesfan
05-11-2015, 01:09 PM

Shoot em all!

Was told several times to not move and put his hands up; yet still got out and reached in his seat for a knife....what exactly are you arguing here?

gilesfan
05-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Do any of your neighbors smoke weed? Cops could misstakingly raid your house at 3 am and shoot you because you are startled.

I could also die in a plane crash tomorrow

thethe
05-11-2015, 01:11 PM

Again, I have never once been afraid of a police officer in my life.

How often do you think something like that happens?

AerchAngel
05-11-2015, 01:11 PM
I am black as black as can be and I am not afraid of them. Heck, I go out of the way and get in a conversation with, wish them a good day and what not.

If I haven't done anything wrong and being in a 99% white area of the country, you would think they would mess with me. Yeah DWB happens, but not much if ever anymore. They know me, my car, family, where I work and I do not do drugs of any type and on a rare occasion I might have a beer but the bar is only 2 miles down the road and I only drink one.

zitothebrave
05-11-2015, 01:12 PM

I have. I had a cop flash his gun at me because he thought me and my friends were not being respectful because we were being assholes, but not breaking any laws. Someone who is willing to use their gun for intimidation probably wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on it.

I know plenty of cops who I like and trust and so on so forth. But there's a general rule. 10% of all employees will be saints, 10% will be devils and 80% will be opportunists. Basically meaning whatever cop you run into, odds are they're the product of their system and what their system allows. If it's basically teaching to presume all minorities as criminals then you're gonna value their lives differently.

I forget who it was who said it. I think it was jpx. But he brought up makign sure cops were involved in the community. Have them work the beat, volunteer, etc. When you have a cop culture who treats many civilians as criminals rather than humans who make mistakes at times, it leads to bad things.

sturg33
05-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Was told several times to not move and put his hands up; yet still got out and reached in his seat for a knife....what exactly are you arguing here?

LOL

sturg33
05-11-2015, 01:15 PM
What argument? You've just posted YouTube videos in a sensationalist attempt to illustrate that police are out of control and said you don't believe in the death penalty.

My argument is that I think it's pathetic that cops kill citizens at the rate they are doing it. There is a larger issue at hand.

You're fine with it.

Let's move on

cajunrevenge
05-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Is this your opinion or did you copy and paste from some retard tin foil website?

Which officers in particular were not held accountable?

Why the **** would you be afraid of cops, what have you done wrong?

Well we can start with the officer that choked Eric Garner to death. How many more do you need because the list is endless. The most egregious offense to me of any cop is lying so they can charge people with crimes/planting evidence. Thats on par with being a slave owner. Thats denying people their basic freedoms and rights, its worse than murder imo.

One reason I am afraid of cops is because I like to smoke weed. I do it in the safety of my own house and dont go anywhere with it other than driving it home. Its my basic god damned right to do whatever the hell I want with my body so long as I dont infringe on anyone elses rights. The chairman of the committee about weed int the 1930's testified that weed should be illegal because it makes white women have sex with black men. I have a right to my body just like any woman does regardless of any laws passed by Congress. That and I drive around for 8 hours a day for work, its hard to drive for that long of period of time through a major city without committing some kind of traffic violation in which a cop can steal my lunch money. I also refuse to pay any ticket because I fear that money will be used to buy tanks and SWAT teams to raid and kill innocent people. By innocent I mean people who have not committed a crime in which there is not a victim. No victim/attempted victim no crime.

Hawk
05-11-2015, 01:28 PM
My argument is that I think it's pathetic that cops kill citizens at the rate they are doing it. There is a larger issue at hand.

You're fine with it.

Let's move on

1) That's not an argument, that's an assertion.

2) Yes, I'm fine with police protecting me and making my life safer. That's really the bottom line.

Do I think that indiscriminate police violence is trending upward? No.
Do I think that people who don't understand government are trying to use these isolated incidents as fodder to promote an alternative that nobody actually wants? Yes.
Do I think that we should continue doing whatever it takes to make sure that all LEOs are accountable for their actions? Yes.
Do I think that we should excuse criminality, under any circumstance? No.

cajunrevenge
I have. I had a cop flash his gun at me because he thought me and my friends were not being respectful because we were being assholes, but not breaking any laws. Someone who is willing to use their gun for intimidation probably wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on it.

I know plenty of cops who I like and trust and so on so forth. But there's a general rule. 10% of all employees will be saints, 10% will be devils and 80% will be opportunists. Basically meaning whatever cop you run into, odds are they're the product of their system and what their system allows. If it's basically teaching to presume all minorities as criminals then you're gonna value their lives differently.

I forget who it was who said it. I think it was jpx. But he brought up makign sure cops were involved in the community. Have them work the beat, volunteer, etc. When you have a cop culture who treats many civilians as criminals rather than humans who make mistakes at times, it leads to bad things.

The example of the cop pulling the gun, thats part of the **** of why I call them terrorists. I had a friend who had a cop pull a gun on him while arresting him for no reason. The only reason he was being arrested was because the bonds place ****ed up and called him to let him fix it. The cop mocked him the whole way to the police station and the detectives in his case literally told him they arrested him because they dont have enough evidence to convict him so they just wanted to **** with him as much as possible. If I didnt post his bail he would have sat in jail for 3 months for **** that didnt even make it past the grand jury.

I will agree about the 10% thing but the other 90% should be doing their job and helping to convict those 10%. If they arent willing to pursue the criminals in their own ranks then I cant really see them as someone who wants justice or to stop crime.

gilesfan
Its my basic god damned right to do whatever the hell I want with my body so long as I dont infringe on anyone elses rights.

That's not true.

57Brave
05-11-2015, 01:29 PM
The chairman of the committee about weed int the 1930's testified that weed should be illegal because it makes white women have sex with black men.

well, it does !

sturg33
05-11-2015, 01:32 PM
1) That's not an argument, that's an assertion.

2) Yes, I'm fine with police protecting me and making my life safer. That's really the bottom line.

Do I think that indiscriminate police violence is trending upward? No.
Do I think that people who don't understand government are trying to use these isolated incidents as fodder to promote an alternative that nobody actually wants? Yes.
Do I think that we should continue doing whatever it takes to make sure that all LEOs are accountable for their actions? Yes.
Do I think that we should excuse criminality, under any circumstance? No.

Yes - kill all those blacks so we're safer!

sturg33
05-11-2015, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG6t3k9A7Is

sturg33
05-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Ok guys - I'm off traveling the next couple days. let's hope I make it through TSA

Hawk
05-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Ok guys - I'm off traveling the next couple days. let's hope I make it through TSA

You don't have Pre-Check? Guess you are a terrorist.

Oklahomahawk
05-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Why do these discussions have to get so convoluted and all these extreme "what ifs" brought up? Might it be that everyone is rallying to their side so that they get more points in some mythical afterlife monopoly game or something?

What about these things:
1.) Cops' jobs are dangerous, they should be given the benefit of the doubt whenever possible, but these DO NOT include:
A. shooting fleeing suspects unless they're SURE they post an immediate threat to others (and we're assuming since they're running away they aren't posing said threat to the cops themselves).
B. a 6-1 tackling and choking TO DEATH of an unarmed, non resisting person, regardless of his color, because he was suspected of a crime.
2.) People should obey the law and the LEO and not attack them, curse at them, argue with them, or run away from them. Some, possibly all of those actions may be additional crimes but that is up to the judge and jury to decide, not the LEO, the LEO has the authority to detain suspects either with a warrant or with probable cause, but that probable causes DOES NOT include using deadly force unless their lives of the lives of others are in definite provable danger. And since we were discussing unions in that other thread, why do almost all police officer unions tend to close ranks around their own when they're accused of one of these things? I mean, so many of you guys hate unions, or at least seem to, isn't this sort of union activity way worse than trying to squeeze a few extra million out of prosperous companies?

I'm a pro-2nd amendment guy, cops and non-cops but I don't believe in any rights that don't also carry responsibilities. Cops have rules they have to follow whether they want to or not, it they don't want to, they shouldn't be cops. If non cops want to stay out of prison or death row they have rules that they need to follow as well. Why is this so complicated?

As far as what Hawk said about being OK with most things as long as they protect us (not meant to be a quote, just a synopsis) I agree in most cases but consider this (and yes I realize I'm picking on the poor Repubs again)
1.) Weren't Repubs almost totally against stem cell research until Reagan came down with Alzheimers and them Nancy and come of Ronnie's supporters decided it was OK to do stem cell research "under certain circumstances"?
2.) Weren't Rupubs almost totally against same sex marriage until Dick Cheney's daughter "came out" and then most of them have shut up about it, either because they "evolved like Obama" or that maybe they just didn't want to go and check the mail one day and find a quail hunting invitation from Dick?

Being willing to give up rights, even if it's just rights to expect cops to follow the rules isn't anything other than a short term hiding solution, why don't we actually fix some of these things for a change, rather than what we've done for the last 35 years or so and just put them off until another day?

IMO a cop who shoots a kills a fleeing suspect who is not a danger to anyone, possibly because they just don't want to chase them down, is guilty of a crime, possibly up to manslaughter.

IMO any person(s) who slip up on or set up a cop and shoot/kill them to try and make some sort of "dumb-assed point" is guilty of premeditated murder, Murder 1 and being an accessory to this is just as bad as pulling the trigger.

cajunrevenge
05-11-2015, 03:16 PM
That's not true.

Then women don't have the right to an abortion since they don't have the right to privacy of their own body. Victimless crimes are unconstitutional. If anything the prohibition has led to a lot of violent crimes.

Carp
05-12-2015, 12:45 AM

It's incredible to me that people can't distinguish when police officers become criminals themselves. A badge doesn't make you above the law.

thethe
05-12-2015, 05:18 AM
It's incredible to me that people can't distinguish when police officers become criminals themselves. A badge doesn't make you above the law.

Who has defended egregious acts where power has been clearly abused? Nobody...

Krgrecw
05-12-2015, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=thethe;221170]Who has defended egregious acts where power has been clearly abused? Nobody...[/QUOT

Thethe, you haven't come to the conclusion yet that it's wrong to stereotype against Muslims and Blacks but it's more than acceptable to stereotype That all cops are the same?

thethe
05-12-2015, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=thethe;221170]Who has defended egregious acts where power has been clearly abused? Nobody...[/QUOT

Thethe, you haven't come to the conclusion yet that it's wrong to stereotype against Muslims and Blacks but it's more than acceptable to stereotype That all cops are the same?

Apparently, that is acceptable around these parts.

Carp
05-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Who has defended egregious acts where power has been clearly abused? Nobody...

Just last week. You attacked the victim more than you did the cops that killed him. kcgrecw even posted a article claiming the victim somehow killed himself on which you commented on.

thethe
05-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Just last week. You attacked the victim more than you did the cops that killed him. kcgrecw even posted a article claiming the victim somehow killed himself on which you commented on.

I specifically mentioned in that case that I am waiting for all the evidence. Too many quick judgement were made in the Brown case.

AerchAngel
05-13-2015, 11:08 AM
See, folks here in Madison don't pull a Ferguson or Baltimore, funny. The DA is black and back the officer who by all reports and evidence had the right to defend himself after he got knocked down and up against the wall, by many witnesses. The attacker attacked other people as well.

They are protesting politely, I have not seen Jesse or Al around, because the DA is black, they usually preaching hell and brimstone now about an unarmed but dangerous and deranged teenager on so much drugs (oh we shouldn't put people in jail for drugs they aren't bad for you) he attacked anything he saw? Just like Baltimore when they found out the cops were black, not a peep from them.

Even in a carry and conceal state as Wisconsin, the ones attacked never had a chance to defend themselves and oh boy wouldn't that be a story......or buried.

And they wonder why we have racial issues in this country?

57Brave
05-13-2015, 12:40 PM
3 totally different situations.
Pretty sure the kid in Wisconsin wasn't left in the street for hours or endured the entire mess of the Baltimore young man.

The Madison case was handled promptly and professionally. Had that been the case in either Ferguson or B-more I'm guessing there wouldn't have been the frustrations

57Brave
05-13-2015, 12:40 PM
And they wonder why we have racial issues in this country?

I think it is because blacks are lazy,shiftless and pampered by liberals.
Your thoughts?

Hawk
05-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Somebody please explain to me why only Daily Mail and Fox News are covering this story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3077655/Antoine-Lawson-charged-beating-Richard-Fletcher-Baltimore-April-22.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/12/02/28925BFF00000578-3077655-image-a-31_1431394901474.jpg

AerchAngel
05-13-2015, 01:55 PM
I think it is because blacks are lazy,shiftless and pampered by liberals.
Your thoughts?

You could go on, I won't stop you. :icwudt:

thethe
05-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Somebody please explain to me why only Daily Mail and Fox News are covering this story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3077655/Antoine-Lawson-charged-beating-Richard-Fletcher-Baltimore-April-22.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/12/02/28925BFF00000578-3077655-image-a-31_1431394901474.jpg

Because the rioters are all civil people who are sensible. This could not possibly be true!

57Brave
05-13-2015, 03:40 PM
I will go out on a limb and say the difference between what happened to the man above and the people that were shot would be, the people that were shot - were shot by those charged with protecting the population.
Institutional

The terrible thing that happened t the man in the picture above happened at the hands of rioters .
Social chaos

I certainly hope posters can tell the difference

AerchAngel
05-14-2015, 10:30 AM
I will go out on a limb and say the difference between what happened to the man above and the people that were shot would be, the people that were shot - were shot by those charged with protecting the population.
Institutional

The terrible thing that happened t the man in the picture above happened at the hands of rioters .
Social chaos

I certainly hope posters can tell the difference

Well don't run from the po po when they say freeze?
Well don't commit crime if the results are bad to worse?
Well be a responsible adult and not do anything to have the po po on you?

Kind of common sense right? If you don't do anything bad or bring attention yourself, stuff like this won't happen. Not saying the cops are not on adrenaline but what they deal with everyday, some can go bad, especially the black cops in Baltimore and the choke hold in New York.

Media sensationalizing everything the cops do to blacks is exploited until black cops or black DA is involved, then it is hush hush. Typical.
I do not see the Media glamorizing the black on black crime that is the worst in the world and I don't see Jesse Jackass and Reb Al Dullton preaching to our youths and young adults that this is wrong. I am doing it in my town but there are not many that is willing to help because they say it is too dangerous or call you an Uncle Tom because I went to school and in high demand for my skills. And I wonder why we STILL have issues. Is it taboo to teach the fatherless kids that crime does not pay unless you are in a coffin?

57Brave
05-14-2015, 10:39 AM
--and for lords sake don't forget your yezzums and sho nufs and a toucha shuck and jive would be nice.

keep your head down and dont make eye contact. That is if you wanna work in the main house.
/////

Tell the truth, how long does it take to get tht grease offa yo face enda the day?
Do you sleep in that stuff ?

57Brave
05-14-2015, 03:18 PM
Seriously though.
http://www.npr.org/2015/05/14/406699264/historian-says-dont-sanitize-how-our-government-created-the-ghettos

This is a snipit from an interview that will curl your toes.

In the ghettos, government policy, municipal policy for example, denied adequate services, garbage wasn't collected frequently. African Americans were crowded into neighborhoods in the ghetto because so much other housing was closed to them and as a result, housing prices in ghettos were much higher than similar housing in white areas. Rents were much higher than similar housing in white areas ... because you had a smaller supply. It's the basic laws of supply and demand. ... So this created slum conditions. So when African Americans managed to break out of those slums and buy a home in a neighboring area, whites could be persuaded that slum conditions were going to be brought with them. So the real estate agents would go into these neighborhoods and try to panic white families into selling their homes cheap to the real estate agents. They used techniques: They would recruit blacks from the ghetto to walk around the neighborhood pushing baby carriages. They would phone call families in the white area and ask for names that were stereotypically African American. ... All intended to give the impression that this was rapidly turning into another black slum.
/////

No wonder these people are pi$$ed
////

" we need to confront our history and stop sanitizing our language and talk openly about what we've done as a nation and what we need to do to undo it. And we can't talk openly if we're going to use euphemisms instead of being explicit about what the reality is."

goldfly
05-20-2015, 10:41 AM
This type of crap forces officers to make difficult real time decisions while liberals and libertarians play Monday morning quarterback.

Ah, the "see this why cops should be above the law" defense

Love it

thethe
05-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Ah, the "see this why cops should be above the law" defense

Love it

Yup, EXACtLy what I said.

goldfly
05-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Yup, EXACtLy what I said.

It's what those words mean though

zitothebrave
05-20-2015, 11:06 AM
BTW I love the phrase "liberals and libertarians" in the political 4 way ideological grid, that would mean 3/4 of the beliefs believe something. As you generally have 2 stances on freedoms you fall between, libertarian and totalitarian, and then of course liberal and conservative. Of course it's never quite that simple, as you have a variety of things that can land you all over that map, and even off it and on something different, but it's a decent general concept. So if you're a true democrat you'd fall in the liberal/totalitarian side. Meaning you support strong central government, but you're anti-war, anti-corporation, so on so forth. If you're liberal/libertarian, you support using government money for aid, but not to hinder the rights of individuals.

I forget what the 4 corner extreme examples are, I think in the liberal/totalitarian it was Lenin, liberal/libertarian, you have guys like Zinn and Chomsky, conservative/totalitarian is where you have Thatcher, Bush, etc. And conservative/libertarian is where you have Paul and Friedman.

Sadly my political ideology doesn't lend in too many candidates. If you're left you tend to be more authoritarian by nature.

thethe
05-20-2015, 11:06 AM
It's what those words mean though

No, they really don't.

goldfly
05-20-2015, 11:36 AM
No, they really don't.

Like believing the sun arrives from the west

It doesn't matter what you believe

Somethings just are and the reasoning to say what you did gives credence to bad cops

thethe
05-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Like believing the sun arrives from the west

It doesn't matter what you believe

Somethings just are and the reasoning to say what you did gives credence to bad cops

You are a non-believer in the death penalty correct?

I assume the reasoning is that even if there is the chance that 1 out of a 100 people are innocent then we have no right to kill someone.

How can you hold this logic and then at the same time condemn cops as a whole when in reality its a small percentage of them. Do you not see the contradiction here?

goldfly
05-20-2015, 12:16 PM
A non believer in the death penalty? What a weird statement . The death penalty is out there. It's real unfortunately

I don't think the death penalty should be used against citizens, correct.

Where am I condemning all cops? Your reach on that example is beyond extreme

If my wants for all cops to be governed by the same laws and not abuse power is in the same in your eyes, you have a crazy way of looking at this topic then

zitothebrave
06-04-2015, 11:57 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/06/03/1390285/-Shocking-new-video-shows-unarmed-Utah-man-was-listening-to-headphones-when-killed-by-police#

Hard decisions amirite?