PDA

View Full Version : The Hush-Hush Around Jose Peraza

clvclv
05-21-2015, 12:26 PM
BA has also taken notice that he hasn't played in the last week due to an "undisclosed injury" and said so when profiling their updated Top 10 fantasy prospects to make an impact in their article today, mentioning it and recognizing Garcia's promotion rather than bringing up Jose and shifting Peterson into a utility role (or 3B for my personal preference).

Beginning to wonder what gives since I'm assuming no one else has seen this mysterious injury mentioned anywhere either.

nsacpi
05-21-2015, 01:02 PM
He was lifted for a pinch runner a few games back and hasn't played since.

Braves1976
05-21-2015, 01:05 PM
He was lifted for a pinch runner a few games back and hasn't played since.

Yea, plus it was reported as a hamstring injury recently and Snitker said then that he would miss a few games but should be back soon (see below).

"Peraza (hamstring) expected back Tomorrow

Gwinnett Braves second baseman Jose Peraza raised his average to .311 with two more hits Thursday, but he won’t be in the lineup for the next couple of games.

“Better safe than sorry,” manager Brian Snitker said.

Peraza — Atlanta’s top prospect — was pulled for a pinch runner in the ninth inning of the G-Braves’ 4-1 loss to Syracuse and may miss the entire weekend series against Louisville because of a sore hamstring.

“We’ll sit him a couple of days and see how it goes,” Snitker said. “No need to risk anything.”

The G-Braves manager described the injury as a knot behind one of Peraza’s knees and said the 21-year-old from Venezuela first felt the hamstring tighten on a stolen base early in the Syracuse series."

Jay212033
05-21-2015, 01:07 PM
He tweaked his hamstring and they're being overly cautious with him according to his manager.

Julio3000
05-21-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure we can assume he would have been called up even if healthy.

clvclv
05-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Yea, plus it was reported as a hamstring injury recently and Snitker said then that he would miss a few games but should be back soon (see below).

"Peraza (hamstring) expected back Tomorrow

Gwinnett Braves second baseman Jose Peraza raised his average to .311 with two more hits Thursday, but he won’t be in the lineup for the next couple of games.

“Better safe than sorry,” manager Brian Snitker said.

Peraza — Atlanta’s top prospect — was pulled for a pinch runner in the ninth inning of the G-Braves’ 4-1 loss to Syracuse and may miss the entire weekend series against Louisville because of a sore hamstring.

“We’ll sit him a couple of days and see how it goes,” Snitker said. “No need to risk anything.”

The G-Braves manager described the injury as a knot behind one of Peraza’s knees and said the 21-year-old from Venezuela first felt the hamstring tighten on a stolen base early in the Syracuse series."

Yeah - I caught that. The point I think BA was making (and I wonder about as well) is why we haven't seen anything since. Being "overly cautious" and holding him back a few days to be safe has now extended to a week with no update. Jose was rolling, and I'd love to see him get his feet wet before Johnson comes back. Slide Jace over to 3B and have Jose hitting behind him until CJ returns to see what that would eventually look like in front of Freeman. They could've then sent Jose back down to keep him from attaining Super Two status to showcase Johnson as much as possible and hope for ANY return.

Braves1976
05-21-2015, 01:35 PM
Yeah - I caught that. The point I think BA was making (and I wonder about as well) is why we haven't seen anything since. Being "overly cautious" and holding him back a few days to be safe has now extended to a week with no update. Jose was rolling, and I'd love to see him get his feet wet before Johnson comes back. Slide Jace over to 3B and have Jose hitting behind him until CJ returns to see what that would eventually look like in front of Freeman. They could've then sent Jose back down to keep him from attaining Super Two status to showcase Johnson as much as possible and hope for ANY return.

The G-Braves announcers made it sound like they're just still being "overly cautious" the other day. Further, I don't think they'd called up Jose either way all things considered. I don't think they're in a hurry to move Jace off second either, esp. with Chris Johnson returning soon.

I expect that when they call up Jose Peraza it will be with hopes that he's here to stay.

clvclv
05-21-2015, 02:09 PM
The G-Braves announcers made it sound like they're just still being "overly cautious" the other day. Further, I don't think they'd called up Jose either way all things considered. I don't think they're in a hurry to move Jace off second either, esp. with Chris Johnson returning soon.

I expect that when they call up Jose Peraza it will be with hopes that he's here to stay.

Kinda what I've said for awhile about Jose (that when he's up, he's up for good) and several of the Pitchers, but I'm beginning to be tempted by "the other side" now that we're within shouting distance of June 1st. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the kids while people are out with the opportunity to send them back down with updated lists of things to work on (as opposed to those they had when camp broke) as "finishing touches".

I'd also love to see Jace and Jose in front of Freddie for a bit.

Millwood1Hitter
05-21-2015, 02:13 PM
He tweaked his hamstring and they're being overly cautious with him according to his manager.

I'm not sure we can assume he would have been called up even if healthy.

1) WOW, a manager that get's it, why risk further issues and long-term affects instead of trying to rush him back into action.
2) Yeah, no point in doing it yet, no need to rush him up here. Eventually I'd like to see him, but right now no need to rush him off of his development curve.

50PoundHead
05-21-2015, 06:54 PM
He's in the line-up tonight.

Braves1976
05-21-2015, 06:57 PM
He's in the line-up tonight.

Yep, he also just hit his first homerun of the year.