Buster Posey C
Brandon Belt 1B
Brandon Crawford SS
Angel Pagan CF
Matt Duffy 3B
Madison Bumgarner P

rico43
05-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Worm has definitely turned at catcher. AJ is about to hit his way out of the league while CB is showing signs of being a clutch hitter. Of course, the opposite seemed true in April. But I expect another catcher in the big leagues sometime this month.

thethe
05-31-2015, 02:34 PM
CB is just so smooth behind the plate when he receives the ball. For that reason alone I'm putting him out there 80% of the time.

stpeteirish
05-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Braves:
Jace Peterson 2B
Cameron Maybin CF
Nick Markakis RF
Jonny Gomes LF
Juan Uribe 3B
Chris Johnson 1B
Andrelton Simmons SS
Christian Bethancourt C
Julio Teheran P

Giants:
Nori Aoki LF
Joe Panik 2B
Hunter Pence RF
Buster Posey C
Brandon Belt 1B
Brandon Crawford SS
Angel Pagan CF
Matt Duffy 3B
Madison Bumgarner P

does Freeman have a history vs Bumgarner?

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Expecting a huge game from Simba

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 02:40 PM
CB getting over a serious case of babipitis
Worm has definitely turned at catcher. AJ is about to hit his way out of the league while CB is showing signs of being a clutch hitter. Of course, the opposite seemed true in April. But I expect another catcher in the big leagues sometime this month.

jsebe10
05-31-2015, 03:02 PM

Agreed.

Now if the front office can realize that Gomes has hit himself out of the league years ago, then we will ok

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:11 PM
Teherán since the knee: 43 innings, 36 runs.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 03:16 PM
Teherán since the knee: 43 innings, 36 runs.

He still doesn't look like the old Teheran to me. If he's healthy he must have screwed up something else after the knee issue.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:17 PM
He still doesn't look like the old Teheran to me. If he's healthy he must have screwed up something else after the knee issue.

No. No. It's pure coincidence.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131107230939/glee/images/7/72/Sarcasm_tbbt.gif

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 03:20 PM
I'd trade Teheran and Wood for Bumgarner. He's the best pitcher in MLB IMO.

Garmel
05-31-2015, 03:22 PM
He made Uribe look bad.

thethe
05-31-2015, 03:27 PM

100% agreed

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Good thing he pulled that foul, that ball was long gone.

SOB, he hit out again and this time fair.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:29 PM

Bum
Miller
Folty
Martin
Wisler/Perez/Sims/Fried/Ban (Minor?)

Yeah. I think we could live with that next year.

USMA76
05-31-2015, 03:30 PM
Teheran throwing batting practice again...smh.

thethe
somethings wrong with Julio

Braves1976
If something isn't wrong with Teheran then he went from a good pitcher to a stinky one almost overnight.

thewupk
homerun derby against JT

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Teheran is not an ace right now. Not even remotely close.

jpx7
So, this is a thing, I guess? West Coast Teherán is just ****ing terrible?

The Chosen One
Never have liked Julio's mechanics. Too erratic. I think he's going to have shoulder problems down the line if he doesn't fix it (if he doesn't already have it with bad velocity now).

jsebe10

Maybe he just isn't that good....

thewupk

got hit in the knee and pitched through it. likely messed up his mechanics somehow.

USMA76

Yeah, he sucks...

buck75
05-31-2015, 03:32 PM
Looks like Julio may need to be DL'ed. He's not striding into his pitches too often (especially on fastballs).

thewupk

He's never really been one. But some people get fooled by a low BABIP and expect it to continue.

Dalyn
got hit in the knee and pitched through it. likely messed up his mechanics somehow.

Yep. 44.1/38 and counting.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

Braves1976

Teheran isn't even pitching like a soso 5th starter right now. He flat out stinks right now, but again I believe it goes back to the knee. I am not saying he's still hurt, I am saying if he isn't he screwed up something else after the injury.

Garmel
05-31-2015, 03:33 PM

Right now he is barely a 5th man.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 03:34 PM

That was my guess too, me and Dalyn talked about that his start after it IIRC.

FreemanFan
05-31-2015, 03:35 PM
I hope Julio is hurt (but not badly). At least that can be fixed. Forgetting how to pitch and get outs is harder to overcome.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:36 PM

Several of us actually went crazy about it the couple at-bats after he got hit. I think Fredi let him face five batters after getting hit without recording an out.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Braves have access to a lot of top notch doctors being a professional sports team.

If something is still wrong with Julio's knee, the Braves are destroying their own investment by continuing to let Julio pitch. If there's nothing wrong, then his mechancis are exactly why they tried to change his mechanics in AAA before he got called up in 2013 as a rookie. If they're also hiding Julio's injury from themedia, that's sacrilegious as well.

I still say it's a long-term shoulder problem, similar to Hanson.

thewupk
05-31-2015, 03:37 PM

I mean I don't think Julio is ace but he's certainly a #2 and he's not this bad. But his high BB% and HR% suggest something is wrong. He just simply can't locate anymore.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 03:37 PM
Several of us actually went crazy about it the couple at-bats after he got hit. I think Fredi let him face five batters after getting hit without recording an out.

Yea, I was with you on that too. I was talking about the mechanics being messed up a start or so later that we also discussed.

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 03:38 PM
What's concerning to me is that fastball of his isn't touching 90 much at all

Though I just saw 91 and 90

thewupk
Braves have access to a lot of top notch doctors being a professional sports team.

If something is still wrong with Julio's knee, the Braves are destroying their own investment by continuing to let Julio pitch. If there's nothing wrong, then his mechancis are exactly why they tried to change his mechanics in AAA before he got called up in 2013 as a rookie. If they're also hiding Julio's injury from themedia, that's sacrilegious as well.

That's debatable

Heyward
He's never really been one. But some people get fooled by a low BABIP and expect it to continue.

Takes time to become an ace, but something is wrong with him.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:39 PM

If something is still wrong with Julio's knee, the Braves are destroying their own investment by continuing to let Julio pitch. If there's nothing wrong, then his mechancis are exactly why they tried to change his mechanics in AAA before he got called up in 2013 as a rookie.

Talking about the team's doctors only works when they haven't had such a ****ty run lately. Medlen, Beachy, Uggla, Venters, etc (probably BJ).

Braves1976

It wouldn't be the first time the Braves people didn't notice something was wrong till the damage was too much.

Braves1976
Talking about the team's doctors only works when they haven't had such a ****ty run lately. Medlen, Beachy, Uggla, Venters, etc (probably BJ).

Yep, they're track record lately kinda sucks.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 03:40 PM
I think Fredi let him face five batters after getting hit without recording an out.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/ouxi0o.jpg

thewupk
05-31-2015, 03:40 PM
Takes time to become an ace, but something is wrong with him.

I see you edited your Heyward quote. Why do you constantly bring him up? True or false. People on this board get hard ons for people who pitch over their heads due to a low BABIP and that dream comes crashing back to earth fairly quickly?

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:42 PM
What's concerning to me is that fastball of his isn't touching 90 much at all

Though I just saw 91 and 90

And it's wild as hell when he actually gets it up to 90.

Heyward
05-31-2015, 03:43 PM
I see you edited your Heyward quote. Why do you constantly bring him up? True or false. People on this board get hard ons for people who pitch over their heads due to a low BABIP and that dram comes crashing back to earth fairly quickly?

Cuz i believe some people are still bitter he's gone?

But the BABIP stuff is true but even still, Julio isnt a 5 ERA pitcher, if he cant locate, then he's obviously hurt in some way right now.

He used to hit 92-95 plenty, if he cant hit that then it's mroe injury than not being able to pitch.

50PoundHead
05-31-2015, 03:44 PM
I mean I don't think Julio is ace but he's certainly a #2 and he's not this bad. But his high BB% and HR% suggest something is wrong. He just simply can't locate anymore.

I've only seen him pitch once this season and that was the game in which the Nats had their big comeback. I noticed that he wasn't working inside at all and that his outer-half pitches seemed to sit. I've followed along on a couple of his starts on Gameday and have noticed the loss in velocity. That would seem to indicate something is wrong and that he doesn't trust his fastball enough to go inside with it. The night against the Nats, they were going the other way with him a lot (and they were doing that with all the Braves' pitchers so it may have been bad advanced scouting and, as a result, poor game planning). He has to pitch inside to be effective.

USMA76
05-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Three perfect innings for Bumgarner which begs the question "do the Braves get Randy Johnson'd today?"

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 03:45 PM
If they find out this goes back to the knee and Teheran ends up broken too like others before him, then Fredi and co. needs to be fired (including some team doctors that keep screwing up). We cannot keep losing such promising pitcher so often this way.

thewupk
05-31-2015, 03:45 PM

But the BABIP stuff is true but even still, Julio isnt a 5 ERA pitcher, if he cant locate, then he's obviously hurt in some way right now.

So what does some people possibily being bitter about Heyward have to do with Julio pitching over his head due to a low BABIP and thus not believing he is an ace? Nothing. Just like almost every other time you bring Heyward up. Your bring him up more than anyone else on this site. Let it go bro.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:46 PM
Three perfect innings for Bumgarner which begs the question "do the Braves get Randy Johnson'd today?"

Or just Bum'd. Hard.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:46 PM
So what does some people possibily being bitter about Heyward have to do with Julio pitching over his head due to a low BABIP and thus not believing he is an ace? Nothing. Just like almost every other time you bring Heyward up. Your bring him up more than anyone else on this site. Let it go bro.

Cause Heyward made all those plays in right to keep Teheran's BABIP low?

:HeywardWut:

Heyward
05-31-2015, 03:47 PM

It's hardly crazy to say he isnt an ace, but he isnt healthy right now.

If he isnt even hitting 90 MPH.

They should DL him since something is obviously wrong.

jsebe10
05-31-2015, 03:47 PM

With players like Gomes in our lineup, then yes.

Heyward
05-31-2015, 03:49 PM

It's possible the way the lineup is.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:49 PM
With players like Gomes in our lineup, then yes.

Before this game, Gomes was 6-8 off Bum.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 03:50 PM

Duh. Many, if not most, who are disappointed or bitter have repeatedly admitted as much—but they're also not the posters incessantly raising the subject across variegated threads.

So the real question is: Why is it so important to you to dredge that discussion up, for no raisin, every chance you get (and many you just invent)?

thewupk
It's hardly crazy to say he isnt an ace, but he isnt healthy right now.

If he isnt even hitting 90 MPH.

Well Julio being an ace was a widly held belief on here. But you are right that he should be on the DL. But I doubt that happens. The Braves have a long history of ruining pitchers the last few years.

jsebe10
Alright man enough of those sh*tty off speed pitches. Good god.

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 03:51 PM
Joe sounds exasperated trying to explain Teheran.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 03:53 PM
Duh. Many, if not most, who are disappointed or bitter have repeatedly admitted as much—but they're also not the posters incessantly raising the subject across variegated threads.

So the real question is: Why is it so important to you to dredge that discussion up, for no raisin, every chance you get (and many you just invent)?

http://s27.postimg.org/4lwc06js3/No_Raisin2.jpg

jpx7
05-31-2015, 03:53 PM

The possibility is one of several reasons I'm glad they're stretching Martin out.

jsebe10
05-31-2015, 03:54 PM
Well Julio being an ace was a widly held belief on here. But you are right that he should be on the DL. But I doubt that happens. The Braves have a long history of ruining pitchers the last few years.

But how with JT? They tried to change his mechanics in the minors but he got his titts ripped and he went back to the ones now.

I think there isn't anything wrong with him. I think the league has figured him out and he's trying to be an off speed guru to help eliminate opponents from going deep on that ass. It's a theory that looks like he's willing to sink or swim with.

dak
05-31-2015, 03:55 PM
Whether it's mild injury, mechanics, or confidence-related . . . I would be happy to see the Braves DL Julio and just have him work on the side with Roger for 2-3 weeks.

I'd also like to see Bethancourt take a more assertive role in handling him. I don't expect him to morph into AJP or anything, but he needs to get more comfortable jogging out there for a stern conversation with him.

thewupk
05-31-2015, 03:58 PM
But how with JT? They tried to change his mechanics in the minors but he got his titts ripped and he went back to the ones now.

I think there isn't anything wrong with him. I think the league has figured him out and he's trying to be an off speed guru to help eliminate opponents from going deep on that ass. It's a theory that looks like he's willing to sink or swim with.

I mean that's possible. It just seems odd that he was pitching like last year (stats wise) until he got hit in the knee. Then everything went to crap. I think the two are connected.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:00 PM

It seems it's because he hates us, he said as much in this thread/post: http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3212&page=65&p=227882#post227882

I disagree with his take on our position but it's clear who he's talking about there.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:02 PM
I mean that's possible. It just seems odd that he was pitching like last year (stats wise) until he got hit in the knee. Then everything went to crap. I think the two are connected.

And if that's the case, the Braves doctors either know and are hiding it, or are so oblivious something is wrong that... idk.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:03 PM

I do too.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:05 PM
Gattis played better 1B than CJ does.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:07 PM
Gattis played better 1B than CJ does.

Maybe someone needs a DH that can only hit lefties? If so tell them CJ is a gift and nothing in return is needed.

Tapate50
05-31-2015, 04:08 PM
Lol Freddie

Millwood1Hitter
05-31-2015, 04:09 PM
Julio's not right, and he hasn't been since getting hit with the knee.

Something's not right, and it's time to so something about it. Rest, Skip a start, something.

But Fredi will continue to run him out there because "he needs to work through some things."

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Gomes can still hit Bumgarner. I totally disagree with the criticism of Gomes because he's hit lefties for the most part, it's just we haven't faced them as much so far. Sure he has been terrible vs righties but he was last year too. We knew what we were getting there. Plus I am sold that he is a good leader for us and would say he's helped Peterson in particular.

Heyward
05-31-2015, 04:11 PM

Unfortunately you're right about the latter.

Heyward
05-31-2015, 04:12 PM
It seems it's because he hates us, he said as much in this thread/post: http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3212&page=65&p=227882#post227882

I disagree with his take on our position but it's clear who he's talking about there.

Im not gonna dig into it.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 04:13 PM
Lord BABIP

Heyward
05-31-2015, 04:14 PM

Maybe you're right but after he got hit on the knee, he hasnt looked the same.

Although he did hurl a gem vs the Brewers a few weeks ago.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Gomes can still hit Bumgarner. I totally disagree with the criticism of Gomes because he's hit lefties for the most part, it's just we haven't faced them as much so far. Sure he has been terrible vs righties but he was last year too. We knew what we were getting there. Plus I am sold that he is a good leader for us and would say he's helped Peterson in particular.

A person like Gomes is a terrible choice for a manager like Fredi. In that regard, I think it was probably a bad pickup by Hart.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:16 PM
Lord BABIP

He can still hit lefties and Bumgarner too.

thewupk
05-31-2015, 04:17 PM
Maybe you're right but after he got hit on the knee, he hasnt looked the same.

Although he did hurl a gem vs the Brewers a few weeks ago.

One of the worst offensive teams in baseball

Dalyn
He can still hit lefties and Bumgarner too.

Yep. What you said about Gomes goes for Johnson, too. For what it's worth Johnson has been one of the best hitters in baseball against lefties since joining the Braves.

Braves1976
A person like Gomes is a terrible choice for a manager like Fredi. In that regard, I think it was probably a bad pickup by Hart.

Gomes does make more sense for someone not rebuilding like us. Plus Fredi can screw most anything up IMO.

thewupk
05-31-2015, 04:18 PM

I agree. Hart should turn that around and fire Fredi to make the Gomes pickup look good. It's a double win.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Yep. What you said about Gomes goes for Johnson, too. For what it's worth Johnson has been one of the best hitters in baseball against lefties since joining the Braves.

That's true, he can hit lefties and I never mind him starting vs them aside from watching him on defense. But like Gomes he's not hitting righties hardly at all anymore.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:20 PM
I agree. Hart should turn that around and fire Fredi to make the Gomes pickup look good. It's a double win.

Exactly.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Aside from the 2 homers, Julio has pitched decent today.

USMA76
05-31-2015, 04:24 PM

Unjinx.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 04:25 PM

And the walks.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:27 PM
And the walks.

I'm used to him walking guys by now. Typically if he makes it to a 3 ball count or full count I get that feeling in my stomach he's going to overthrow his mechanics and issue a walk.

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 04:29 PM
Not a single K, either. That's not good.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Not a single K, either. That's not good.

Wait—I thought eliminating Ks was a key component of the Mukaki Process?

thewupk
05-31-2015, 04:34 PM

He must have heard us talking crap

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Wait—I thought eliminating Ks was a key component of the Mukaki Process?

They sold out on that when they traded Callaspo for Uribe. :)

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:38 PM
Veal warming up.

So about that Arizona series tomorrow...

jpx7
05-31-2015, 04:40 PM
Veal warming up.

So about that Arizona series tomorrow...

Tentatively planning to attend Tuesday evening's game; possibly Wednesday's midday game as well.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:43 PM
Tentatively planning to attend Tuesday evening's game; possibly Wednesday's midday game as well.

Wait, I thought it was retired Chicagoans that live in Arizona? I didn't know you're that old.

USMA76
05-31-2015, 04:43 PM
Every time Julio picks somebody off, I can hear Terry Collins and Mets fans whining in the background.

Nice job, JT.

weso1
05-31-2015, 04:44 PM
Veal warming up.

I hope you just mean you're heating up leftovers.

chop2chip
05-31-2015, 04:44 PM
Julio somehow garbaged his way to six innings of 3 hit ball.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Wait, I thought it was retired Chicagoans that live in Arizona? I didn't know you're that old.

Only my soul.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Uribe is the spark we deserve.

USMA76
I think I'm starting to like this Uribe fellow.

The Chosen One
Uribe and Pendleton are twins.

Garmel
05-31-2015, 04:48 PM
Uribe came up huge for us again.

The Chosen One
This will be short lived if Veal comes in to pitch.

nsacpi
The Juan

ViperVisor
05-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Still hate Chubbs from the LAD series in the playoffs.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 04:50 PM
extent Uribe

The Chosen One

We acquired him to be our late inning heartbreaker to other teams.

The Chosen One
Woooo. We're beating that Bum now!

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Uribe looks like he still has something left in the tank to me, so far anyway.

thewupk
05-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Uribe is here to teach us how to win

Heyward
05-31-2015, 04:52 PM

Meh he was just doing his job.

USMA76
05-31-2015, 04:52 PM
Woooo. We're beating that Bum now!

Good move by Bochy. Not only were we hitting Bumgarner but those three hits in a row were just scalded.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Uribe is here to teach us how to win

learning how to win while winning...i like that

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:54 PM
The Uribe trade was definitely a net gain for us, we now have a Triumvirate of Lairdership now. The Gomes, The Juan, The Asshole.

The Chosen One
Makes me sad to know we have both Veal AND Masset in the bullpen.

jpx7
Meh he was just doing his job.

Unlike some that series. :FrediWut:

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:55 PM

I'm looking at you... David Carpenter. :FrediPuzzled:

DirkPiggler
05-31-2015, 04:56 PM
Simmons should get plunked next time up. Joe is right - that slide was dirty as hell.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:56 PM
Masset warming up, Teheran hitting for himself with runners on 1st and 3rd?

:FrediGreen:

Garmel
05-31-2015, 04:57 PM
Makes me sad to know we have both Veal AND Masset in the bullpen.

Don't forget Cahill.

nsacpi
surprised Fredi let Teheran hit

Heyward

Touche, my friend.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 04:58 PM

The managing that series was terrible all around, they had Uribe bunting before that homer too. He only got to swing away after he failed to get the bunt down. And that wasn't even the worst of it from Mattingly. He made Fredi look good up till that point where Fredi went with Carpenter instead of Kimbrel.

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Freeman in the game

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 04:59 PM
Watching Gomes run after that ball felt like an eternity.

jpx7
So ... put Freeman in at first, but leave Gomes out in left ... :FrediPuzzled:

Braves1976
Not pinch hitting for Teheran looks like a mistake so far. Now he takes him out? LOL!

Dalyn
05-31-2015, 05:00 PM
Not pinch hitting for Teheran looks like a mistake so far.

Yeah. That's a bad move even for Fredi.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:00 PM

Good point. Cunningham has a shot to catch that with his range.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:01 PM
Fredi is something else

DirkPiggler
05-31-2015, 05:01 PM

Probably going to cost us a run. Cunningham catches that one after a light jog.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Good point. Cunningham has a shot to catch that with his range.

I honestly think Cunningham catches that. Gomes might just be worse in LF than Johnson is at 1B.

CrimsonCowboy
Eek.........................Veal

Garmel
Veal's in.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Teheran was losing his rhythm in the sixth and had reached 90 pitches.

Garmel
That was wonderful.

thewupk
Fredi is teaching how to lose

CrimsonCowboy
That didn't take long

jpx7
Veal's in.

And carved up quick.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Jace... no... :Sad:

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:04 PM
I honestly think Cunningham catches that. Gomes might just be worse in LF than Johnson is at 1B.

I agree, Gomes is basically a DH playing LF while Cunningham is a plus defender in LF with range being much better.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Well then... so about that Arizona series.

Braves1976
OK DFA Fredi and DFA Veal please!

jpx7
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-6/0605/south-park-s06e05c03-mission-impossible-16x9.jpg?

FreemanFan
05-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Veal is off the menu.

CrimsonCowboy
A live look at the Braves bullpen:
http://pileofphotos.com/pics/pic_1177391809.gif

emk418
our bullpen is a joke. 1 - how is Veal on the team 2 - how the hell do you bring him in

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:08 PM
I'd say the past inning is a perfect case to argue for why Fredi should be fired, what a moron he is.

CrimsonCowboy
Please be right for once, Bowman....................

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 31s31 seconds ago
That was likely the last time you will see Donnie Veal in a #Braves uniform

skillet
Can anyone please tell me why in the sam hell Veal is on this team? The guy is absolute garbage. If he is the best we can do, we may as well not even come to the goddamn ballpark.

CyYoung31
05-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Not watching the game, but I don't really blame Fredi for trying to get another inning out of Teheran with how bad our bullpen is. Leaving Gomes in with a lead late in the game though is just retarded, especially since we already ran Bumgarner.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:10 PM

I predicted when we brought him back that he'd be DFA'd again soon, but I still don't understand why we brought him back in the first place.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 05:12 PM
Would've been nice to have Chase Shreven on our team.

Heyward
Said it before, if we had a halfway decent pen, we'd probably be in 1st or in one of the WC spots.

Liked most of the moves Hart made this offseason, gutting the pen not one of them.

Braves1976
Not watching the game, but I don't really blame Fredi for trying to get another inning out of Teheran with how bad our bullpen is. Leaving Gomes in with a lead late in the game though is just retarded, especially since we already ran Bumgarner.

Fair enough, but you cannot do both and Fredi did both even though he took CJ out for Freeman.

CrimsonCowboy
Grant Brisbee ‏@mccoveychron 1m1 minute ago
i've heard of throwing some veal in a meatball, but this is ridiculous

The Chosen One
"Shocking turn of events in San Francisco".

Chip are you really that high?

thethe
How does Freddi have a job?

skillet
I predicted when we brought him back that he'd be DFA'd again soon, but I still don't understand why we brought him back in the first place.

Absolutely no clue. Veal is just terrible.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:13 PM

I guess the front office and maybe Fredi just didn't rate Thomas. He didn't pitch for the seven days he was up before the trade. Considering the alternatives, I would have liked to see Thomas get some work as the second lefty in the pen. We do need one.

Heyward
05-31-2015, 05:13 PM

Pretty much this

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:15 PM
I guess the front office and maybe Fredi just didn't rate Thomas. He didn't pitch for the seven days he was up before the trade. Considering the alternatives, I would have liked to see Thomas get some work as the second lefty in the pen. We do need one.

I agree, but I think it was more Fredi didn't like Thomas, he never seem to give a long look or chance even going back to last year. It was like he got his bad side and never was trusted again.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 05:16 PM

I feel pretty much the same way. Teherán was set to face Duffy, PH, Aoki, has on thrown 90 pitches, and the bullpen recently has both been bad and oft-used. But if you're going to make defensive changes, with the lead, and with the big lefty starter chased from the game, why leave in Gomes? I mean, I honestly can't fathom what his thought-process could have been—and it almost certainly cost a run, as Cunningham likely catches that ball.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 05:18 PM
"Shocking turn of events in San Francisco".

Chip are you really that high?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002603473/4051904640_tyrone_crackhead_dave_chappelle_answer_ 1_xlarge.jpeg

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:19 PM
Maybin beat that DP at first.

keithlaw
05-31-2015, 05:20 PM

I think I know what Bowman's having for dinner

CyYoung31
05-31-2015, 05:21 PM
I feel pretty much the same way. Teherán was set to face Duffy, PH, Aoki, has on thrown 90 pitches, and the bullpen recently has both been bad and oft-used. But if you're going to make defensive changes, with the lead, and with the big lefty starter chased from the game, why leave in Gomes? I mean, I honestly can't fathom what his thought-process could have been—and it almost certainly cost a run, as Cunningham likely catches that ball.

I'd love for our outstanding beat reporters to ask him about it, but that won't happen.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:22 PM

I think I know the thought process. Freeman has a consecutive game streak. Fredi wasn't thinking defensive replacement at all.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:23 PM
He's safe but I can understand challenging on Markakis as it's hard to believe as slow as he is.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:24 PM
I think I know the thought process. Freeman has a consecutive game streak. Fredi wasn't thinking defensive replacement at all.

Haha, sounds like Fredi. :)

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Gomes will homer here to save Fredi's job. :)

OK maybe not, lol.

jpx7
05-31-2015, 05:25 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ce/9c/94/ce9c949d6c73dbfb889f6036bac022dd.gif

(You're almost certainly right about that.)

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Lets see how Gomes does against the righty

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:27 PM
Lets see how Gomes does against the righty

He still cannot hit them, at least he's consistent. :)

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Cahill, Veal and Masset need to go byebye ASAP IMO. But they need to take Fredi with them if we want any shot at fixing this bullpen.

thethe
05-31-2015, 05:33 PM
Really too bad that the BP ended up being so bad this season. The team has a chance to be in the WC hunt but not with this bullpen. Its really really really bad.

USMA76
05-31-2015, 05:35 PM
Can we just set fire to the contents of a dumpster and put it in our bullpen...if nothing more than for the symbology?

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:36 PM
Really too bad that the BP ended up being so bad this season. The team has a chance to be in the WC hunt but not with this bullpen. Its really really really bad.

We released some good relievers in ST and Fredi had a say in that too. James Russell has a 1.86 ERA for the Cubs so far. He's the one I was most annoyed with releasing.

thethe
05-31-2015, 05:37 PM
Nice play Cameron!

Braves1976
Maybin playing some great CF today, wow.

CyYoung31
Why did we blow up the bullpen again?

thethe
We released some good relievers in ST and Fredi had a say in that too. James Russell has a 1.86 ERA for the Cubs so far. He's the one I was most annoyed with releasing.

Yeah, that ended up being an awful move for sure. Not going to put that just on Fredi. Hart has the final call.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Maybin

thethe
05-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Why did we blow up the bullpen again?

Because we were able to get rid of BJ and got a damn good arm in Banuelos.

CyYoung31
05-31-2015, 05:39 PM
Because we were able to get rid of BJ and got a damn good arm in Banuelos.
I'm not talking about Kimbrel. I'm talking about all of the other arms we senselessly gave away.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah, that ended up being an awful move for sure. Not going to put that just on Fredi. Hart has the final call.

I agree, I was just saying Fredi was given more say and that backfired as far as bullpen choices go IMO.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:40 PM
There are some bullpen options in Gwinnett--Kelly, Kohn, Harper, Kurcz. Greg Smith is the one lefty in the pen and he's done ok. Might as well give him a shot.

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 05:41 PM
Well, one run game

UNCBlue012
05-31-2015, 05:41 PM
I hate Fredi so much.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:42 PM
There are some bullpen options in Gwinnett--Kelly, Kohn, Harper, Kurcz. Greg Smith is the one lefty in the pen and he's done ok. Might as well give him a shot.

Yea, what do we got to lose? But you and I both know how slow Fredi can be to trust the new relievers unless a vet he knows, he likes to sit them till they're rusty and stink and..

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:42 PM
I'm not talking about Kimbrel. I'm talking about all of the other arms we senselessly gave away.

We be punting in favor of the future. Isn't that the plan. If you gonna punt might as well do a thorough job of it.

thethe
05-31-2015, 05:43 PM

They got Banuelos in the deal with the Yankees. That was pretty much the bullpen. Those two deals. I make the Banuelos deal again every single time.

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:44 PM
Wow Fredi is warming up both Grilli and Johnson. Crazy. Why both.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:44 PM
Good AB by Simmons, Braves not going down without a fight at least.

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Even the Giants writers were confused:

Henry Schulman ‏@hankschulman 45m45 minutes ago
Scratching my head here at Braves. Had a chance to add onto one-run lead by hitting for Teheran. Could’ve hit Freeman. Didn’t. Now, ….

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Wow Fredi is warming up both Grilli and Johnson. Crazy. Why both.

Do you mean besides that he likes to warm up his relievers a lot?

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Bochy about to school Fredi when he pinch hits AJ.

Crawford kicks an easy DP ball, wow. That helps.

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 05:48 PM
LOL! The infield dirt is really weird today.

CrimsonCowboy
There's a huge break

nsacpi
Team is battling

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 05:49 PM
LOL. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 05:49 PM
Well well well

The Chosen One
05-31-2015, 05:50 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

nsacpi
Getting some breaks this inning

UNCBlue012
JACE!

CrimsonCowboy
JACE DAD GUM PETERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thethe
05-31-2015, 05:51 PM
I love this damn team!!!!

weso1
JAAACCCCEEE!!!!!!!

thethe
Jace Peterson is going to be our starting second baseman for a long time IMO.

CyYoung31
They got Banuelos in the deal with the Yankees. That was pretty much the bullpen. Those two deals. I make the Banuelos deal again every single time.

You're forgetting about one Jordan Walden.

Braves1976
I am shocked Lopez isn't in the game.

Wow Peterson just tripled home three!

The Chosen One
Fredi is a genius. :FrediConfident:

FreemanFan
I LOVE Jace Peterson!

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:52 PM
Getting some breaks this inning

That botched easy DP turns out to be huge. It may get Fredi off to hook today too if lead holds.

CrimsonCowboy
What a crazy dang game

Runnin
That'll work.

nsacpi
Need some insurance runs

ViperVisor
Video games this park is also a triple haven

I once got an inside the park HR here with Furcal.

Heyward

I didnt like throwing him in the deal with Jason, thought that was over-kill.

Said many times i hated how Hart gutted the bullpen.

If we had a halfway decent pen, we're probably in 1st place ina rebuilding year.

thethe

Come on CY. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that deal either and Walden is on the DL currently and will always be on the DL every season. Thats not being fair IMO.

CrimsonCowboy
05-31-2015, 05:53 PM
You can hear a pin drop in that ballpark

GovClintonTyree
Next time one of you jackwagons starts canonizing Bochy while slamming Fredi, we need to memorialize this inning.

Braves1976
Peterson is going to hate leaving his triples heaven. :)

The Chosen One
For those that hate Fredi, Bochy was just as terrible that inning.

thewupk
05-31-2015, 05:54 PM
Well that was an unexpected journey

nsacpi
05-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Next time one of you jackwagons starts canonizing Bochy while slamming Fredi, we need to memorialize this inning.

He did screw up not going to the lefty against Jace. Still a great manager imo.

Braves1976

Bochy's track record speaks for itself as does Fredi's, but I was surprised he didn't bring in Lopez after the botched DP. Not that it was Casilla's fault there.

Tapate50
Not sure why we keep giving Veal a shot. His line is terrible, again.

Dude is cooked imo

thethe
Well that was an unexpected journey

That what happens when you battle! BAAAAATTTTTTTLLLLLLEEEE!

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 05:56 PM

Yea, I would've brought in Lopez for Peterson too. But maybe there's an issue with Lopez I'm not aware of? Glad he didn't though. :)

thewupk
05-31-2015, 06:00 PM
That what happens when you battle! BAAAAATTTTTTTLLLLLLEEEE!

the power of putting the ball in play

Heyward
05-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Yea, I would've brought in Lopez for Peterson too. But maybe there's an issue with Lopez I'm not aware of? Glad he didn't though. :)

Looking at his game long, he's been used situationally.

But at home, most teams keep their closers in but i can see the argument going with Lopez given he's nasty on LH hitters.

CyYoung31
05-31-2015, 06:01 PM
Come on CY. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that deal either and Walden is on the DL currently and will always be on the DL every season. Thats not being fair IMO.

lol You right.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Looking at his game long, he's been used situationally.

But at home, most teams keep their closers in but i can see the argument going with Lopez given he's nasty on LH hitters.

I understand that, I was thinking it could be that he had been used a lot lately (haven't checked) but maybe Bochy just had faith in his closer getting it done. Of course without the botched DP ball he likely does.

dak
05-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Holy ****. Was offline for an hour or so and my jaw dropped once I checked Twitter.

USMA76
05-31-2015, 06:04 PM

I mean it's not like Bochy doesn't have three WS rings. Fredi has fewer than that at last count.

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Holy ****. Was offline for an hour or so and my jaw dropped once I checked Twitter.

Peterson the hero.

CyYoung31
05-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Not watching. Why the **** is Masset in the game?

thethe
05-31-2015, 06:07 PM
Not watching. Why the **** is Masset in the game?

He is not. Grilli is pitching.

CrimsonCowboy
http://i.imgur.com/P6x0U.gif

USMA76
Ballgame! (Biggest win of the year IMO.)

Braves1976
05-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Great comeback boys, Peterson does it again.

emk418
cmon grilli

thethe
What a win. This team is not bad.

Heyward
I mean it's not like Bochy doesn't have three WS rings. Fredi has fewer than that at last count.

Meh rings are a team accomplishment, although i still have no idea how they won the WS last year with basically one consistent SP.

thethe
Lets show something here and win the series against Arizona. That would be awesome~!!

thewupk
05-31-2015, 06:09 PM
good win. julio gutted through this one.

Heyward
05-31-2015, 06:09 PM

Same but cooked dinner, and checked my fantasy team, have some Giants and Braves, then see it was 7-5, thats baseball for ya.