PDA

View Full Version : 7/11/2015 MINOR LEAGUE THREAD SATURDAY ... Braves finally sign a slugger

rico43
07-11-2015, 02:18 PM
SATURDAY SCHEDULE

ALL TIMES EDT

CLASS AAA

Durham 9, Gwinnett 2

LP: White (1-2) 5.1 IP, 5 H, 6 ER, 5 BB, 5 K.
Lambson 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K.
Terdoslavich 2-3, 2B, HR (1st), 2 RBI; Castro 2-5; Cunningham 2-3, BB.

CLASS AA

Mississippi 5, Chattanooga 1

WP: Ross (3-8) 5.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K.
T. Jones 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K.
Ruiz 1-4, 2 RBI; Lipka 2-4, R, RBI.

ADVANCED CLASS A

Myrtle Beach 1, Carolina 0 (4th, ppd.)

SP: Barker 3 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K.
No hits for Carolina.

CLASS A

Rome 5, Augusta 3 (10)

SP: Gil 6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K.
WP: Roney (1-0) 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K.
Tellor 1-5, 2B, R, RBI; Oliver 1-4, 2B, RBI; Davidson 0-2, R, 3 BB.

SHORT-SEASON

Danville 9, Burlington 5

SP: Lawlor 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K.
WP: G. Jones (1-2) 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K.
Baez 2-5, 2B, HR (3rd) 2 RBI; C. Castro 3-5, 2B, R, 2 RBI; Manwaring 1-4, HR (1st), 3 RBI; Didder 1-3. 3B, 2 R, BB.
Campbell (pro debut, see below) 0-3, RBI, SF.

GCL Tigers 4, GCL Braves 3

Walkoff win for Tigers after Braves tied with 2 in top of 9th.
SP: Parsons 4.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K.
Falcon 2.2 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 1 K.
LP: Rangel (0-2) 0.2 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K.
Yepez 2-3, BB, R (.300); Riley 1-4, 2 K; Acuna 0-3, R, BB, OF assist.

DSL Braves 7, DSL Marlins 6

SP: J. Heredia 3 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K.
WP: Vega (2-4) 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 1 K.
Julilan (Save, 1) 1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K.
Ventura 1-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI, BB, 2 SB (33); Boeldak 2-4, 2B, R, RBI; Olmos 2-3, RBI, 2 BB;

MOVES: 1B Jeff Campbell assigned to Danville. FINALLY! A slugger. Campbell, from the University of North Dakota, was not drafted but won the AmeriTrade Home Run Derby on national television (ESPN) earlier this month. The Braves called him Tuesday and he signed on Wednesday. He hit 11 homers as a senior and led UND all four years he played there. He is a beast (6-4, 225) who was also a pitcher in college.

Carp
07-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I was at the AA game in Chattanooga. First shot I got to look at the minors this year in person. A few notes:

Was expecting a blowout in this game. I did a little research before the game and I admit I have never heard of Ross. I also saw that he has really struggled this year. But he actually pitched very well this game. Was sitting in the low to mid 90's range most of the night and had some good movement on his pitches.

The best player in the field tonight was Matt Lipka. He hit the ball hard every at bat tonight and played good defense. It was only 1 night mind you, but given the year he has had so far, he definetly made an impression on me that he could be a useful piece some day. His base running skills could use some work though. He should have scored off a soft lining single to RF in the 1st but he hesitated. May be he knew something I didn't, but the RFer didn't exactly show off a cannon.

Ruiz is a little on the heavy side. He isn't fat, but he could stand to lose a few pounds. He didn't make an impression tonight on offense or defense.

msstate7
07-11-2015, 09:34 PM
I was at the AA game in Chattanooga. First shot I got to look at the minors this year in person. A few notes:

Was expecting a blowout in this game. I did a little research before the game and I admit I have never heard of Ross. I also saw that he has really struggled this year. But he actually pitched very well this game. Was sitting in the low to mid 90's range most of the night and had some good movement on his pitches.

The best player in the field tonight was Matt Lipka. He hit the ball hard every at bat tonight and played good defense. It was only 1 night mind you, but given the year he has had so far, he definetly made an impression on me that he could be a useful piece some day. His base running skills could use some work though. He should have scored off a soft lining single to RF in the 1st but he hesitated. May be he knew something I didn't, but the RFer didn't exactly show off a cannon.

Ruiz is a little on the heavy side. He isn't fat, but he could stand to lose a few pounds. He didn't make an impression tonight on offense or defense.

I watch the MBraves about 2 times a month and it seems to me they really lack talent esp with Mallex gone.

nsacpi
07-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Wonder why Albies was placed on the temporarily inactive list. Better than the permanently inactive list I suppose.

zbhargrove
07-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Sweet! I did my graduate work at U of North Dakota! But I never watched the baseball team.

msstate7
07-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Wonder why Albies was placed on the temporarily inactive list. Better than the permanently inactive list I suppose.

He's being promoted to Atlanta. Simmons is being traded for a closer haha

nsacpi
07-11-2015, 11:22 PM
He's being promoted to Atlanta. Simmons is being traded for a closer haha

Better yet, Simmons will be our new closer. That's what we drafted him for.

rico43
07-12-2015, 12:36 AM

Futures Game. Duh.