PDA

View Full Version : Using MLE to Compare Our Three Second Basemen in 2013

nsacpi
08-05-2013, 09:03 AM
In the majors Dan Uggla has a .719 OPS in 432 plate appearances.

In AAA Tyler Pastornicky has a .788 OPS in 285 PA.

In AA Tommy La Stella has a .872 OPS in 215 PA.

A League Equivalency calculator available online says that Pastornicky's AAA numbers would translate to a .673 OPS in the majors and La Stella's AA numbers translate to a .625 OPS in the majors.

jdunn
08-05-2013, 09:37 AM
When I think of Uggla, I think could, maybe just maybe, Texas would take him off our hands this winter?

Russ2dollas
08-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Uggla gets a bad wrap b/c our team has changed. We got him b/c we were desperate for RH power. Well we don't need that anymore. And w/o that critical need the warts on Uggla's game are more obvious.

Uggla has value. He's still over a 2 WAR player. At 13 million he's about where you'd expect on the 5 million/WAR market.

I think a team like Texas would want him if they would move Kinsler to 1B or Uggla would move around. I think an AL team would like to have him with the DH option.

Not sure what we'd get for him, but I think we could move him if we wanted. Probably wouldn't have to eat more than 5 million, maybe zero.

cajunrevenge
08-05-2013, 10:15 AM
If there is one stat I hate its MLE. It just does not work most of the time. Also I dont see why Texas would want Uggla when they have Profar.