PDA

View Full Version : 8/4/2015 TUESDAY MINORS FINAL ... Bird watching in ATL; Hessman Minors HR King

rico43
08-04-2015, 09:47 AM
MiLB.com

The Major League trade deadline saw Zack Bird change organizations, time zones and an entire Minor League classification, and in the end, he ended up at home. Literally. The Jackson, Mississippi native woke up in his own house and then stood out on the mound for his new club, not allowing a run on two hits over 5 2/3 innings in his Atlanta organization debut as Double-A Mississippi fell to visiting Montgomery, 1-0, in 10 innings on Monday.
"There's been a lot of attention paid to me coming back to the hometown team in two ways -- hometown organization with the Braves and the literal hometown team with the Double-A affiliate," Bird said. "Getting promoted with a new organization, it's a lot to try to soak in at once. I've tried my best to push it aside."
Bird had just finished pitching for Murrah High School, roughly six miles away from Trustmark Park, when the Dodgers drafted him in the ninth round of 2012. Three years later, he was part of last week's three-team trade between the Dodgers, Braves and Marlins. Bird made 19 appearances (17 starts) for Class A Advanced Rancho Cucamonga to start the year, going 5-7 with a 4.75 ERA. On Monday, in his first start away from the Dodgers system, he found himself in very familiar surroundings.
"I definitely didn't have to find a host family or anywhere to live," he said. "It's a lot going into it, but I think, overall, it did help me. I'm in a stadium I'm familiar with. I'm in my own bed at home with my mom cooking breakfast. It's a luxury that 99 percent of guys don't have."
With the comforts of home starting the day, Bird quickly settled in for his new club. The 21-year-old walked three and struck out only two, but faced multiple baserunners in an inning just once.
"It was a good start overall," the Braves' No. 13 prospect (http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=atl) said. "Any time you can throw 5 2/3 zeros, it's a good start. I was a little bit erratic in the first inning. I walked two guys, but my catcher Braeden [Schlehuber] really helped me out as far as pitch selection. My infield, they really came up and made some big plays. They didn't misplay any balls.
"I wasn't able to put away a lot of guys [with strikeouts], but I was able to get early outs using my changeup and my fastball."

LATE MOVES:
Ian Hagenmiller released from Danville roster

TUESDAY SCHEDULE

ALL TIMES EDT

CLASS AAA

Gwinnett 5, Rochester 2

SP: Marimon 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K.
WP: Da. Peterson (2-0) 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K.
Mazzano (Save, 1) 0.1 IP, 0 H.
Cunningham 3-4, R, SB; M. Smith 2-4, 2B, 2 R, SB: Hunter 2-4, HR (9th), 3 RBI.

CLASS AA

Mississippi 7, Montgomery 6

SP: Janas 4 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 1 BB, 0 K.
Harper 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K.
WP: Hursh (3-6) 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K.
Ruiz 2-5, RBI; Hyams 1-4, 3B, R, BB; Rohm 2-3, 2 R, 3 RBI; Landori 2-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI.

ADVANCED CLASS A

Winston-Salem 4, Carolina 2

LP: Walters (5-5) 4.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K.
Curcio 2-4, 2B, 3B, R; Lien 1-3, R, BB, SB.

CLASS A

Savannah 20, Rome 3

LP: Quintana (2-4) 1.1 IP, 7 H, 8 ER, 1 BB, 0 K.
Grosser 1 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 0 K.
Edgerton 1-5; Baez 2-4, 2B, R; Oliver 2-4, 3B, 3 RBI.

SHORT-SEASON

Princeton 4, Danville 3

SP: Withrow 4 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K.
LP: Dill (1-2) 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K.
Riley 2-3, 2 R, HR (1st), RBI, E (6th); Hoekstra 1-4, 2B, RBI; Didder 1-5, 3B, R.

Game One
GCL Braves 5, GCL Phillies 4 (8)

SP: Falcon 3 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K.
Rangel 3.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K.
WP: Geekie (2-0) 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K.
Acuna 1-2, 2 R, HR (4th), RBI. Walkoff HR in 8th.
Salazar 2-4, 3B; Morales 1-3, HR (2nd), 2 RBI.

Game Two
GCL Phillies 3, GCL Braves 1 (7)

LP: Avalos (1-3) 5 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K.
Pina 3-3, 2B.

DSL Braves 9, DSL Marlins 5

SP: Jh. Diaz 3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K.
WP: F. Sanchez (3-0) 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K.
Taveras (Save, 5) 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K.
Ventura 2-5, R, RBI, SB; Contreras 1-3, 2B, R, 2 RBI; Michel 2-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI; Josephina 2-3, R, RBI.

Hessman Finally Ascends to Minors HR Throne

When Mike Hessman stepped up to the plate with the bases loaded in the seventh inning Monday, he wasn't thinking about changing history books. He just wanted to change the scoreboard.

"The home run was the last thing on my mind, to be honest," the Tigers farmhand said. "We were down a couple runs, so I just wanted to make sure that we got one of those runs in and help the team get closer."

Hessman accomplished both with a go-ahead grand slam to break the Minor League all-time home run record, his 433rd career blast. The California native had been hitless since tying Buzz Arlett for the record on July 29, but it wasn't due to nerves.

"I've actually been swinging the bat really well, probably the best I felt in a long time. I was hitting some balls well in Louisville, but didn't get a hit the whole series," he said. "It was weird, I think I put more pressure when I was one short. I had more pressure trying to get that one than the go-ahead one here, so I was actually a little more relaxed when this one was approaching."

His comfort at the plate showed in his first at-bat, when he led off the second with a single to left field. He went hitless in his next two at-bats. Then in the seventh, Hessman took a 2-0 offering from Dustin McGowan for a no-doubt shot over the left-center field wall and erased a 79-year-old record.

For the season, the veteran slugger leads the Mud Hens and is tied for third in the International League with 16 long balls and has produced a .217/.332/.432 slash line. Hessman's 19-year-career began when the Atlanta Braves selected him in the 15th round of the 1996 Draft. He started out in the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League in 1996 and has logged 13 Minor League seasons with 20 or more homers.

Outside of his Minor League success, the California native has 14 homers in "The Show," having played 109 games with the Braves (2003-04), Tigers (07-08) and Mets (2010), and he slugged six roundtrippers in 2011 for the Orix Buffaloes in Japan.

Arlett played 13 of his 19 professional seasons with the Pacific Coast League's Oakland Oaks, hitting 251 homers for them. He slugged 18 for the Phillies in 1932, belted his final Minor League home run in 1936 and retired in 1937 at age 38. Next up for Hessman would be catching North American Minor League home run leader Hector Espino, who is credited with hitting 484 dingers in Mexico. Nelson Barrera (479), Andres Mora (444) and Alejandro "Alex" Ortiz (434) also are ahead of Hessman on that list.

bravesnumberone
08-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Man, I remember seeing Hessman play games in Macon quite a lot in the late 90s. I think he was on the team with Marquis, Langerhans, Giles, maybe even Furcal and a lot of those guys. They all kind of run together right around then.

sturg33
08-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Anybody know when Allard is supposed to start?

smootness
08-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Anybody know when Allard is supposed to start?

I would also like to know this. I can't remember the last time I was anticipating a draft pick's debut this much.

BTW, I'm assuming Acuna will get the call-up to Danville soon as well. I may be wrong, but I'm assuming his performance so far is a pleasant surprise even to our scouts and FO. I think today's HR was only his 3rd, though.

nsacpi
08-04-2015, 03:39 PM
There are lots of things to like about Acuna. Walk rate going into today was 11.9. Strikeout rate 13.5. ISO .179. Plays center. 7 stolen bases. Age 17.

CJ9
08-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Rome is going to be a lot of fun to follow next year. Soroka, Riley, Yepez, Ellison, Baez and hopefully Allard and Acuna. I'm sure I might've left some others out, too.

nsacpi
08-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Rome is going to be a lot of fun to follow next year. Soroka, Riley, Yepez, Ellison, Baez and hopefully Allard and Acuna. I'm sure I might've left some others out, too.

Salazar, Mejia and Dykstra.

50PoundHead
08-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Salazar, Mejia and Dykstra.

Didder hasn't played as well as expected, but I think he will stick around for another year or two as well.

mqt
08-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Didder hasn't played as well as expected, but I think he will stick around for another year or two as well.

Yeah, Didder has been a disappointment. Does anyone have any reports on his defense this year? The bat hasn't been great, but it hasn't been a complete disaster either. If he's doing well at CF, it might not be too bad.

mqt
08-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Austin Riley is that dude.

Garmel
08-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Looks like even Danville is too easy for Riley.

thethe
08-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Don't want to get too amped about rookie ball but Riley could not have had a better start to his professional career.

smootness
08-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Looks like even Danville is too easy for Riley.

It's crazy. HR and BB in 2 PAs so far today. So after his beginning 1-22 stretch in the GCL, here's what he did to finish there: .310/.356/.619 with 7 HR and 5 2B in 84 AB.

Now, in 15 ABs in Danville, he has 1 HR, 1 3B, and 2 2Bs with 2 BBs and 4 Ks. Pretty nuts.

So overall, since his bad start (though he did walk 6 times in that opening stretch), he has hit .323/.374/.657. He's going to get some buzz this offseason, and if he has a decent year in Rome next year, he's going to make top 100 lists.

KB21
08-04-2015, 07:45 PM
It's crazy. HR and BB in 2 PAs so far today. So after his beginning 1-22 stretch in the GCL, here's what he did to finish there: .310/.356/.619 with 7 HR and 5 2B in 84 AB.

Now, in 15 ABs in Danville, he has 1 HR, 1 3B, and 2 2Bs with 2 BBs and 4 Ks. Pretty nuts.

So overall, since his bad start (though he did walk 6 times in that opening stretch), he has hit .323/.374/.657. He's going to get some buzz this offseason, and if he has a decent year in Rome next year, he's going to make top 100 lists.

Riley was also on MLB Pipeline's all prospect team at 3B.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/140872526/orioles-john-means-tops-prospect-team-of-week

http://m.mlb.com/assets/images/6/5/0/140887650/cuts/ok_i6sh2d3f_5rsq9upo.jpg

There are three native Mississippians on that list in Austin Riley, Jacoby Jones, and Bobby Bradley.

msstate7
08-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Mallex 2-4, 2b and sb

Hopefully he's bout to take off. Would love for him to push for a job in ST

50PoundHead
08-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Rome down 15-0 in the 6th. I just think it's poor sportsmanship when a team goes for a two-point conversion when they are that far ahead.

Hudson2
08-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Huge Riley fan. We finally have a power bat we can be excited about!

50PoundHead
08-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Huge Riley fan. We finally have a power bat we can be excited about!

My guess is he'll be spending most of his time in instructional league on his defense, but the guy is really off to a great start with the bat.

Oklahomabrave
08-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Where's Albies at?

buck75
08-04-2015, 09:34 PM

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/140872526/orioles-john-means-tops-prospect-team-of-week

[IMG]http://m.mlb.com/assets/images/6/5/0/140887650/cuts/ok_i6sh2d3f_5rsq9upo.jpg[/IMG

There are three native Mississippians on that list in Austin Riley, Jacoby Jones, and Bobby Bradley.

How about that second baseman, too!

Garmel
08-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Mallex 2-4, 2b and sb

Hopefully he's bout to take off. Would love for him to push for a job in ST

Not only that his range factor on defense at Gwinnett is 3.00. That is insanely good.

thethe
08-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Its funny how quick people are to diminish Mallex based on less than a half of season worth of AB's in AAA at 22 years of age. I swear it seems like there are a grouping of posters who are hoping that all players that John Hart acquired in the offseason fail. Mallex will be fine and will be in the OF at some point next season for ATL.

mqt
08-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Not only that his range factor on defense at Gwinnett is 3.00. That is insanely good.

I'm not doubting that Mallex could be a plus defender, but 34 games is probably not a good sample size to use defensive metrics.

thethe
08-04-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm not doubting that Mallex could be a plus defender, but 34 games is probably not a good sample size to use defensive metrics.

I think someone with his speed will be a positive defensive outfielder in his first few years. Nothing crazy but definitely a positive.

atl717
08-04-2015, 10:03 PM
You can say its funny people are annointing a guy who had a good half season. His good half counts, but his bad half is just adjustments. I see a 5'9 guy who is a slap hitter. Good pitchers tend to knock the bat out of those type of hitters. I said Peraza was overrated and now everyone saw the light after the trade. Mallex is the same type of slap hitter but with a weaker hit tool than Peraza. He is a 4th OFer.

thethe
08-04-2015, 10:06 PM
You can say its funny people are annointing a guy who had a good half season. His good half counts, but his bad half is just adjustments. I see a 5'9 guy who is a slap hitter. Good pitchers tend to knock the bat out of those type of hitters. I said Peraza was overrated and now everyone saw the light after the trade. Mallex is the same type of slap hitter but with a weaker hit tool than Peraza. He is a 4th OFer.

Mallex Smith has actually been good for the last 2+ years in the minor leagues. Nobody is projecting him to be an all star. But some of us believe his speed and on base skills will translate well to a good major league starting CF at the leadoff spot.

atl717
08-04-2015, 10:35 PM
I think he can be useful. But I am not making room for that guy. I think we can do better. Nothing wrong with being a 4th OFer. He hasnt done anything in the minors that suggests he will be an above average regular in the bigs. We can't just give him the CF job. That is silly, imo.

buck75
08-05-2015, 07:11 AM
I have only seen Mallex in two games this year. He has plenty of range. His throws weren't awesome but hey, it was just two games.

I look forward to seeing what Peraza does in the bigs (hard to say how he turns out until he gets his chance).

msstate7
08-05-2015, 07:25 AM
I think he can be useful. But I am not making room for that guy. I think we can do better. Nothing wrong with being a 4th OFer. He hasnt done anything in the minors that suggests he will be an above average regular in the bigs. We can't just give him the CF job. That is silly, imo.

I have no idea if Mallex will be our cf or not, but you don't either. The kid dominated AA and seems to figuring out AAA now.

Last 10 games...
.325 avg 4 bb 5 k 8 sb

I know this is a small sample size, but it's his last 10 games in a new league. He proved he can hit in AA, so I think this is a sign he's coming around.

Oh and our scouts must like mallex better than peraza considering peraza was taken out of cf upon mallex's arrival

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 07:26 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is "given" anything in the major leagues.

Lot of folks thought Blanco was garbage too, he is a highly effective role player on a championship club. I'd like to have had him here. I think Mallex has a little better overall game?

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 07:36 AM
By the way, there is a pretty large gap in legit pitching prospects in our system. We better hope the next wave (Simmons, Winkler, Paco, Viz, etc.) don't flame out, because there doesn't seem to be reinforcements coming anytime soon. AA and AAA aren't looking like much help.

nsacpi
08-05-2015, 07:51 AM
By the way, there is a pretty large gap in legit pitching prospects in our system. We better hope the next wave (Simmons, Winkler, Paco, Viz, etc.) don't flame out, because there doesn't seem to be reinforcements coming anytime soon. AA and AAA aren't looking like much help.

It is a paradox. We have greatly reinforced the depth of the farm system and now have one of the higher ranked system. But it isn't likely to produce much that will be helping the major league team anytime soon.

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 07:53 AM
It is a paradox. We have greatly reinforced the depth of the farm system and now have one of the higher ranked system. But it isn't likely to produce much that will be helping the major league team anytime soon.

Going to go light thethe's torch for the angry mob to find Frank Wren after lunch. Let you know how it goes.

mqt
08-05-2015, 08:10 AM

I'm not particularly worried about our relief prospects. Bullpen help is usually readily available if we are suddenly contending next year, and even if all of those players you listed flame out, we do have a few intriguing relief prospects like Salazar, Cabrera, Zavala, Roney and Hursh. Not to mention some of our SP prospects that might end up finding their role in the bullpen.

nsacpi
08-05-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm not particularly worried about our relief prospects. Bullpen help is usually readily available if we are suddenly contending next year, and even if all of those players you listed flame out, we do have a few intriguing relief prospects like Salazar, Cabrera, Zavala, Roney and Hursh. Not to mention some of our SP prospects that might end up finding their role in the bullpen.

That's a good point about starting pitching prospects ending up in the pen. I believe the majority of major league relievers spent significant parts of their minor league careers as starters. Guys like Jenkins, Janas, Simms as well as the trio we just got from the Mets and Dodgers (Gant, Whalen, Bird) could end up in the major league pen.

striker42
08-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Hursh with another good appearance. In his last 5 appearances (all in relief) he's put up 1 R, 4 H, 1 BB, 6 Ks, in 6 IP.

As a reliever overall he has a 2.25 ERA in 12 IP with 9 Ks, 2 BBs, and 11 H. His BAA as a starter was .338. As a reliever its been .229. His WHIP as a starter was 1.85 and is 1.08 as a reliever.

We're talking a small sample size here but he's starting to show a little bit of promise as a reliever. Got off to a bit of a rough start out of the pen but hopefully he's starting to adjust to the new role. If he keeps it up you might see him get a call up in September.

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Hursh with another good appearance. In his last 5 appearances (all in relief) he's put up 1 R, 4 H, 1 BB, 6 Ks, in 6 IP.

As a reliever overall he has a 2.25 ERA in 12 IP with 9 Ks, 2 BBs, and 11 H. His BAA as a starter was .338. As a reliever its been .229. His WHIP as a starter was 1.85 and is 1.08 as a reliever.

We're talking a small sample size here but he's starting to show a little bit of promise as a reliever. Got off to a bit of a rough start out of the pen but hopefully he's starting to adjust to the new role. If he keeps it up you might see him get a call up in September.

At this point if we get a MLB contribution from him, its a win. Set up guy is about his ceiling?

striker42
08-05-2015, 09:21 AM
At this point if we get a MLB contribution from him, its a win. Set up guy is about his ceiling?

I agree that MLB contribution would be a success. He was a huge reach where we took him.

Set up man is probably realistic if he can adjust to life out of the pen. He still has the good fastball which will play better out of the pen with his lack of offspeed stuff.

Super optimistic would have him be a middle of the road closer. His fastball is good enough but he'd have to develop one of his offspeed pitches. If he can take that curve and make it a nasty pitch then he could become a closer.

clvclv
08-05-2015, 10:17 AM

http://m.mlb.com/assets/images/6/5/0/140887650/cuts/ok_i6sh2d3f_5rsq9upo.jpg

Maybe so you big homer. But, but, but Riley was a stretch!!!

clvclv
08-05-2015, 10:22 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is "given" anything in the major leagues.

Lot of folks thought Blanco was garbage too, he is a highly effective role player on a championship club. I'd like to have had him here. I think Mallex has a little better overall game?

Was thinking about Blanco as a potential comp for Mallex the entire game last night. I do think Mallex will steal more bases and Blanco has more pop, but if Smith turns into a Blanco/Otis/Deion hybrid and can stick for 6 years, he'd be very valuable IMO.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Maybe so you big homer. But, but, but Riley was a stretch!!!

Holy **** this is gonna get old.

I laugh because just a few posts up someone mentioned how Hursh was a major reach... and look how he's turned out.

By all accounts, Riley could have been had in later rounds. The Braves didn't want to risk not getting him ,so they took him early. There's not much wrong with that. It's just saying that the Braves didn't necessarily take the best player available at the time of the picl.

nsacpi
08-05-2015, 10:26 AM
By all accounts, Riley could have been had in later rounds.

I don't see how we can say this without information on the draft boards of the other 29 teams. In baseball, draft boards diverge quite a bit after the consensus top 20 or 30 players.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 10:29 AM
I don't see how we can say this without information on the draft boards of the other 29 teams. In baseball, draft boards diverge quite a bit after the consensus top 20 or 30 players.

That's exactly right. That's why the braves chose to take him when they did. And that is fine. They really liked him and didn't want to risk losing him

50PoundHead
08-05-2015, 10:33 AM
That's exactly right. That's why the braves chose to take him when they did. And that is fine. They really liked him and didn't want to risk losing him

And I think they wanted to take him close to the slot value at which he would sign so they wouldn't have to move too much money around. They went over slot for him, but if they would have taken him later, they would have had to move a lot more money around to accommodate his asking price. Not impossible, but tricky.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 10:35 AM
And I think they wanted to take him close to the slot value at which he would sign so they wouldn't have to move too much money around. They went over slot for him, but if they would have taken him later, they would have had to move a lot more money around to accommodate his asking price. Not impossible, but tricky.

Agreed. That doesn't change the fact that he may not have been the 41st best player in the draft. I'm not saying the Braves were wrong to draft him where they were - but by all accounts from a talent level, he could have had been later.

I'm just tired of reading "HE WAS A REACH" every time he gets a base hit

nsacpi
08-05-2015, 10:39 AM
I like our 2015 draft quite a bit, both in terms of the general approach and the results so far.

In terms of general approach, we went mostly with high upside high school players early (Allard, Soroka, Riley, Herbert, Guardado) and then mostly took college players. That is the right approach. Even the unusual run of 9 consecutive college pitchers from round 4 to round 12 made sense for a couple reasons. First, looking at historical yield by portion of the draft, college pitchers are a good investment in the portion of the draft. Second, we had some holes to fill minor league system in terms of pitching depth. Third, the international signings in the past few years are heavily tilted towards hitters and drafting a lot of pitchers to balance this makes sense.

I also liked that we continued on a selective basis to look for high school players later in the draft. We took Keller in round 15, Suarez in round 18 and Hellinger in round 20. All three look like very good picks for those rounds.

In general, the guys we drafted this year have shown well early. This does not guarantee anything regarding their later development. But it is better than most of them struggling.

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 10:40 AM

I laugh because just a few posts up someone mentioned how Hursh was a major reach... and look how he's turned out.

By all accounts, Riley could have been had in later rounds. The Braves didn't want to risk not getting him ,so they took him early. There's not much wrong with that. It's just saying that the Braves didn't necessarily take the best player available at the time of the picl.

I don't think you have room to complain about anyone beating something to death. Just my .02.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 10:45 AM
I don't think you have room to complain about anyone beating something to death. Just my .02.

The Braves kool-aid drinkers on this board have become insufferable. Basically, anything the front office does that works out is a victory lap of I TOLD YOU!!! And anything that doesn't is just excuses

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 10:57 AM
The Braves kool-aid drinkers on this board have become insufferable. Basically, anything the front office does that works out is a victory lap of I TOLD YOU!!! And anything that doesn't is just excuses

Are you new here?

There are just as many that hate EVERY SINGLE MOVE without question. If you are being as objective as you think yourself to be, you would see that too.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Are you new here?

There are just as many that hate EVERY SINGLE MOVE without question. If you are being as objective as you think yourself to be, you would see that too.

Specifically - who has hated every single move without question?

Garmel
08-05-2015, 11:11 AM

The excessive thethe stalking has gotten really old.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 11:18 AM
The excessive thethe stalking has gotten really old.

Once he stops saying stupid things, he'll get less attention.

As a reminder, thethe said it comforts him when he thinks I'm wrong.

yeezus
08-05-2015, 11:24 AM

he does the same thing, just the opposite. constantly.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 11:25 AM

^

Garmel
08-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Once he stops saying stupid things, he'll get less attention.

As a reminder, thethe said it comforts him when he thinks I'm wrong.

You say a lot of stupid things and I'm not up your ass 24/7 for it. Seriously, your obsession with thethe is downright creepy.

nsacpi
08-05-2015, 11:43 AM
You say a lot of stupid things and I'm not up your ass 24/7 for it. Seriously, your obsession with thethe is downright creepy.
They kind of deserve each other. A match made in heaven.

gcbraves
08-05-2015, 11:44 AM

Even though I haven't been a "Kool-Aid" drinker with these trades, the bitching and moaning by the doomsayers has been just as insufferable, and the same statements apply in reverse...IMO.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 11:56 AM
I like thethe

nsacpi
08-05-2015, 12:10 PM
I like thethewho doesn't

sturg33
08-05-2015, 12:12 PM

^^

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 12:37 PM
^^

Niners, Brule, giles, 90% of the time you,

sturg33
08-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Niners, Brule, giles, 90% of the time you,

90% me? I fully supported the following moves:

Gattis trade
Kimbrel trade
Touki trade
Acquiring Uribe trade
Banuelos trade
Winkler pickup
Sanchez trade

I hated:
Heyward trade
Upton trade
Markakis signing
Cahil trade
Wood trade

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 12:46 PM
90% me? I fully supported the following moves:

Gattis trade
Kimbrel trade
Touki trade
Acquiring Uribe trade
Banuelos trade
Winkler pickup
Sanchez trade

I hated:
Heyward trade
Upton trade
Markakis signing
Cahil trade
Wood trade

Maybe its just how you come across then. Instead of really being for those trades you pass over them to harp on the negative ones.

Sorry you had to bump this so many times. I was at lunch then had a meeting at the mortgage co. Never checked it mobile during that time.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Maybe its just how you come across then. Instead of really being for those trades you pass over them to harp on the negative ones.

Perhaps. I will fully admit biased negatively towards the FO plans bc I disagreed with the decision to punt. Once that decision was made, I was generally in favor of a lot of moves. Hart almost had me convinced, until the Wood trade

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Perhaps. I will fully admit biased negatively towards the FO plans bc I disagreed with the decision to punt. Once that decision was made, I was generally in favor of a lot of moves. Hart almost had me convinced, until the Wood trade

Yep.

And that's your prerogative. But don't try to be the objective one when people like to point out positives when you do the same for the negatives. The rhetoric with Heyward and you on that topic is ridiculous. You make good points fwiw, its just brought up in 9 threads at one time just like the posibraves like thethe do.

sturg33
08-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Yep.

And that's your prerogative. But don't try to be the objective one when people like to point out positives when you do the same for the negatives. The rhetoric with Heyward and you on that topic is ridiculous. You make good points fwiw, its just brought up in 9 threads at one time just like the posibraves like thethe do.

The point is I will praise the FO when they make good moves. Certain posters on this board are seemingly incapable of questioning any move made - and that will bring out the negative that much more from folks like me as we argue our points

Tapate50
08-05-2015, 12:59 PM

The point is I will praise the FO when they make good moves. Certain posters on this board are seemingly incapable of questioning any move made - and that will bring out the negative that much more from folks like me as we argue our points

You were complaining it was getting old from a poster that has plenty negative to say. Fwiw I agree with you on things getting old, but it goes both ways. You do the same thing with your angles.

Those are called fans, short for fanatics. Ponder that over for a bit.