PDA

View Full Version : How much do you use (or lean on) Fangraphs for yo baseball knowledge?

Mrs. Meta
08-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I admit, sometimes when I read that site (despite how legitly informative it is) it makes my pea-sized brain go all splode sometimes. :Sad:

Despite my own personal shortcomingslol, Fangraphs does seem to be becoming *that* site for all things baseball. Hells, everytime I read an a baseball article on yahoo sports, fangraphs is linked everywhere.

So...is fangraphs like the new reddit of baseball or something?

Curiouser and curiouser...:Bunchie1:

The Chosen One
08-08-2013, 07:56 AM
I didn't even see this.

But Fangraphs has made it big when it's plugged on National TV. It was plugged on ESPN a few times during the Sunday Night game vs. Phillies.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 08:18 AM
I primarily use fangraphs and baseball reference for my statistical needs sometimes I sprinkle in ESPN. Fangraphs writes the best non-scouting baseball reports out there. They mix scoutning reports in but they aren't scouts themselves and don't really claim to be. They have most of the best stats, and overall do a really good job. I wish at times some of the features or b-ref and fangraphs would converge into one solution. Like I wish I could go to a player page and combine stats from multiple seasons like bref does. yes I know how to do it on fangraphs but it's mroe cumbersome because of it having to have every player in that time frame not just the guy i want.

nsacpi
08-08-2013, 08:24 AM
They have a nice little interview with the "BABIP Brave"

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/five-minutes-with-chris-johnson-babip-brave/

thethe
08-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Fangraphs is awesome. They are really doing cutting edge stuff in terms of analytical views of the game. Some stuff is a little crazy but interesting nonetheless.

thewupk
08-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm with zito in that it's usually fangraphs of b-ref that I turn to when I'm looking for stats. Generally fangraphs as I prefer the stats they use and I love how they have in game stats for each player as well. I mainly use b-ref when I'm looking at game logs to see how a player has been doing since X date. The articles are nice but I generally don't read them anymore unless it's Braves related.

Julio3000
08-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Just the FIP.