PDA

View Full Version : Dear MLB, thanks for blacking me out from MLB baseball

chipchildress
08-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I live in the middle of NC. Supposedly the Nationals are our local team, yet we can't get the channel on which they play broadcasted on our tvs. In short, I basically get to NEVER see Washington play. I don't have a "local" team that I can watch.

So whenever the Braves play Washington, I'm out of luck. Silly me thought that I might get a chance to check out the mlb channel broadcast tonight.

Bud Selig, I hope you get herpes.

TomahawkChip10
08-06-2013, 07:04 PM
I have the same problem. I bought the mlb tv package but can't see the damn washington games from chapel hill. Annoying as hell

yeezus
08-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I have no sources, I've just read it on here, but I hear the whole blackout thing ends next season.

weso1
08-06-2013, 07:10 PM
It's dumb. But I think it's MASN's fault. They are asking for too much from the cable companies. MLB is stuck until next year when their new tv policy goes into effect. If we have the same problem next year than it's completely MLB's fault for not doing something.

The Chosen One
08-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Atdhe.tv

yeezus
08-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Atdhe.tv

trying to decide if i should cancel mlb.tv and use this every night instead.

chipchildress
08-06-2013, 07:36 PM
trying to decide if i should cancel mlb.tv and use this every night instead.

is this safe? i recall completely infesting my computer with malware galore several times trying to watch sports like this, just willynilly downloading everything it asked in desperation.

The Chosen One
08-06-2013, 07:44 PM
is this safe? i recall completely infesting my computer with malware galore several times trying to watch sports like this, just willynilly downloading everything it asked in desperation.

Just have a pop up blocker ad block.

VirginiaBrave
08-07-2013, 01:18 AM
yep blackouts are supposed to end

Braves1976
08-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Just have a pop up blocker ad block.

Or use Linux like I do, no more virus or malware issues like on Windows.

The Chosen One
08-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Does this mean like the old days when I could watch a game on espn and Turner South at the same time? Or is this just for FOX Saturday? What about TBS Sunday

VirginiaBrave
08-07-2013, 02:04 PM
TBS Sunday I'm not sure about as I have never had blackout issues. The Fox Saturday blackout is completely gone. However, home team blackouts I am not sure about. When the Braves the Nats I am forced to watch MASN, I think this is changing as well. Used to be you only had home team feed on XM and now you have your choice if you have XM internet radio, so I'd say there is a chance.