PDA

View Full Version : Fox sports 1

Krgrecw
08-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Since Sav was doubting the long term validity of this channel if they don't obtain quality programming and Weso was speaking highly of it:
Yesterday fox announced that they cut a deal with the USGA and signed a contract bringing golf to fox starting in 2015. US open, amateur open, senior open etc.

if Fox can sign the Thursday night NFL programming away from ESPN they may actually have a chance.

The Chosen One
08-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Since Sav was doubting the long term validity of this channel if they don't obtain quality programming and Weso was speaking highly of it:
Yesterday fox announced that they cut a deal with the USGA and signed a contract bringing golf to fox starting in 2015. US open, amateur open, senior open etc.

if Fox can sign the Thursday night NFL programming away from ESPN they may actually have a chance.

ESPN doesn't have Thursday Night NFL programming, that belongs to NFL Network which isn't going to give that up.

CBS has rights to Sunday AFC games (where AFC team is away during interconfererence matches)
FOX has rights to Sunday NFC games (opposite of top)
NBC has rights to Sunday Night which isn't going to be given to a cable channel.
NFL Network has rights to all Thursday games with the exception of the opening night game.
ESPN has rights to Monday Night Football and that's it.

Also, that deal with USGA isn't a huge move. The US Open which is going bring more ratings than Amateur or Senior, is only a 4 day event on a 365 day calendar.

The Chosen One
08-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Also, where the hell is that post on Fox Sports 1 I made that you're referring to?

I can't find the thread or post. Are my BBQ mods censoring me now? :Sad:

gilesfan
08-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Im pumped.

It has U.S. Open, Champions League, Europa, Monday night boxing, Wed. night UFC, UFC prelims, Saturday Baseball, playoffs,

Can't wait. So much better than watching Red Sox/Yanks play 3x per week.

The Chosen One
08-08-2013, 08:24 AM
So is network FOX moving the Saturday Game of the Week to Fox Sports 1?

and who said Fox Sports 1 is getting MLB playoffs? As of right now the only playoff MLB series FOX gets are whichever Championship Series TBS isn't getting and World Series.

EDIT: Just read it.

So I guess this means network FOX is going to be progressively dropping MLB from the mother channel and putting it on FS1.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Also, where the hell is that post on Fox Sports 1 I made that you're referring to?

I can't find the thread or post. Are my BBQ mods censoring me now? :Sad:

I think you said it in the pawpaw thread about not letting scout die.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 08:45 AM
BTW FS1 may be headed to the graveyard if the ala carte cable incentives goes through.

In the end what decides if this is a boom or bust is adoption rates. FS1 has to be watched enough to be a necessity similar to ESPN. Though i have to admit, the joy of hearing Donovan McNabb mumble will be fun. Don't think it will last though, if ESPN gets pressured I think they'll squish FS1 by poaching their scheduling or other things.

weso1
08-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I don't remember speaking highly of foxsports1. I just know that they want to compete with ESPN. And that could mean that eventually their forums may morph with social networks, like their competition seems to be doing.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't remember speaking highly of foxsports1. I just know that they want to compete with ESPN. And that could mean that eventually their forums may morph with social networks, like their competition seems to be doing.

Is weso1 SAV's alternate personality?

weso1
08-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Is weso1 SAV's alternate personality?

I was named in the OP also.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm doing my best to stir up the board's anger like SAV

Krgrecw
08-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Was I drunk? I thought Weso was mentioning the network and Sav was doubting it in a thread earlier in the week?

Btw Sav, NFL is strongly rumored to be putting the Thursday night NFL games on the market. NFL would make more by selling the package for hundreds of millions, if not billions than collecting whatever amount the channel gets from subscribers.

gilesfan
08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
You are correct,Kgrew.

AUTiger7222
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
So is network FOX moving the Saturday Game of the Week to Fox Sports 1?

and who said Fox Sports 1 is getting MLB playoffs? As of right now the only playoff MLB series FOX gets are whichever Championship Series TBS isn't getting and World Series.

EDIT: Just read it.

So I guess this means network FOX is going to be progressively dropping MLB from the mother channel and putting it on FS1.

Correct. Word is that all teams like the Braves that have their own FOX regional channel with have some of those games moved to FS1 and that all but about 8 of the FOX Saturday games will be on FS1. All but about 8 of their NASCAR races will be on FS1. College football will be on FS1. I don't know why people are doubting if FS1 will stick. It will stick because of them putting all this live programming on it. The cable networks will have no choice but to pay the higher asking price FS1 is asking to carry it. Remember NFL Network started out the same way with the cable networks balking at the asking price but they eventually caved when customers started missing live games.

NinersSBChamps
08-10-2013, 05:22 PM
FOX Sports 1 is seriously going to have playoff baseball? Aside from that I am not watching soccer trash or any of the lame ass college football games they air. Could care less about anything else they might show.

AUTiger7222
08-10-2013, 10:00 PM
FOX Sports 1 is seriously going to have playoff baseball? Aside from that I am not watching soccer trash or any of the lame ass college football games they air. Could care less about anything else they might show.

I doubt playoff games. But regular season games. And you don't like college football? Weird.

NinersSBChamps
08-10-2013, 10:04 PM
I doubt playoff games. But regular season games. And you don't like college football? Weird.

I don't care about the games they will show. There are plenty of good college games available through the ESPN's, CBS, and ABC.

NinersSBChamps
08-10-2013, 10:04 PM

I don't care about the games they will show. There are plenty of good college games available through the ESPN's, CBS, and ABC.

AUTiger7222
08-10-2013, 10:49 PM

I think they show some really good Pac-12 and Big Ten games. And I would guess that on FS1 they would so Big 12, C-USA games as well since those are games that they show on the regional FOX channels.

Krgrecw
08-11-2013, 05:51 AM
fox sports 1 will be the polar opposite of ESpN. I know many, many people turned off by ESPN and Thier lovefest with SEC football.

zitothebrave
08-11-2013, 09:12 AM
fox sports 1 will be the polar opposite of ESpN. I know many, many people turned off by ESPN and Thier lovefest with SEC football.

That is what Fox does best, find something and target the opposite audience. That's another reason I think they're going hard for MMA and probably will try to get a bunch of soccer stuff back from NBC.

CrimsonCowboy
08-14-2013, 06:33 PM
There was concern that the channel would't be available on DirecTV, Dish, and Time Warner Cable. A deal was reached today, so that channel will be available on those carriers.

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 06:55 PM

Of course. They can't air things tjey don't have rights to that espn does.

I bet they'll try hard for NBA though when the ESPN/ABC contract expires after next season. Im praying NBC gets the NBA back and brings back Roundball Rock.

AUTiger7222
08-14-2013, 07:46 PM
There was concern that the channel would't be available on DirecTV, Dish, and Time Warner Cable. A deal was reached today, so that channel will be available on those carriers.

They had no choice but to get something worked out.

NinersSBChamps
08-22-2013, 11:08 PM

I bet they'll try hard for NBA though when the ESPN/ABC contract expires after next season. Im praying NBC gets the NBA back and brings back Roundball Rock.

Ahmad Rashad...inside the NBA!

Bdawg2309
08-23-2013, 12:00 AM

next season as in after the 2014-15 season?

i HOPE they leave ESPN/ABC.

The Chosen One
08-23-2013, 12:21 AM
next season as in after the 2014-15 season?

i HOPE they leave ESPN/ABC.

Unfortunately it runs through NBA Finals 2016.

NBC should be ALL over it. Need to drop Hockey, give it to Fox Sports 1 and have NBA on NBCSN and NBC.

Unfortunately FOX is keeping MLB rights and expanding their playoff coverage again. TBS will now only carry half the DS games like ESPN was doing pre-2007.

Everything should just be on Turner Sports. Would make life sooooo much easier.

BRule
08-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Fox Sports 1 has been unwatchable for me, for the post part. Their daily football show is decent but their live 3 hour sports show is absolutely horrible.

gilesfan
08-23-2013, 10:21 AM
The Canadians are real sweet. UFC show is good. The best thing about Fox S1 is going to be the live games though.

NinersSBChamps
08-23-2013, 10:27 AM
The Canadians are real sweet. UFC show is good. The best thing about Fox S1 is going to be the live games though.

Which live games? Their awesome college football slate?

gilesfan
08-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Which live games? Their awesome college football slate?

Yeah, conference usa football, baseball, ufc, champions league soccer.

drewdat
08-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Early returns (http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/fox-sports-1-averages-160000-viewers-nightly-in-first-week-1200589973/) seem like trash to me. Actually worse than the replaced Speed Network for total day. Whoops.

If you're relying on events to carry the station, then why even launch? Could just use the existing networks for that, IMO. They needed to do a credible job with original programming, or they're wasting everyone's time.

The Chosen One
08-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Told you it was going to be pretty rough starting out.

They have no real sports airing other than boxing and UFC, which only works for guys like gilesfan.

They have college football games, but they're the same games that were gonna be shown on FSN anyways. Pac-12 and Big 10.

There's so many animations going on during a show. It's like CNBC with the bottom line, side bar, and 20 different things.

The Chosen One
08-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Yeah, conference usa football, baseball, ufc, champions league soccer.

They're not getting baseball until next year, and CL soccer is only going to be one-two days out of the week.

And LOL. Conference USA football? Seriously?

gilesfan
08-30-2013, 09:30 AM
They're not getting baseball until next year, and CL soccer is only going to be one-two days out of the week.

And LOL. Conference USA football? Seriously?

Yes, I'm not a slave to Big conference games and find C-USA to be a way more enjoyable conference. (outside of Ole Miss/Vandy last night)

Really enjoyed the conference USA games and the UFC shows. I couldn't care less about non events as I don't watch talk shows or highlight shows on any network.

Krgrecw
08-30-2013, 10:54 PM
What a ****ing game. d2 school beats the big12 champion