4. Adonis Garcia (R) 3B
5. Nick Swisher (S) LF
6. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
7. Christian Bethancourt (R) C
8. Michael Bourn (L) CF
9. Matt Wisler (R) P

nsacpi
09-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Expecting a huge game from the Andreltonian.

Runnin
09-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Keep chipping away and we'll break through.

KB21
09-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Bethancourt did a very good job of guiding Wisler through that 5th inning. Blocked well on some balls in the dirt. Gave Wisler some good targets. Good pitch calls when Wisler was ahead in the count.

Runnin
09-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Viva la Castro!

Julio3000
09-11-2015, 08:35 PM
I really like Daniel Castro. He's probably not going to amount to much, but I've definitely taken a shine to him.

Runnin
09-11-2015, 08:42 PM
I really like Daniel Castro. He's probably not going to amount to much, but I've definitely taken a shine to him.
He's looks like an old school infielder, a solid player.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 08:44 PM

I want to see a Castro/Peterson platoon next season

Julio3000
09-11-2015, 08:47 PM
I want to see a Castro/Peterson platoon next season

I wouldn't mind test driving that and seeing if Castro gets too exposed. Jace hasn't really earned a full-time spot, IMO.

jsebe10
09-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Swisher sucks. Stop playing him

msstate7
09-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Swisher sucks. Stop playing him

They all suck. Gotta play someone

Braves1976
09-11-2015, 09:23 PM
So are we starting the new KJ vs Prado debate with Peterson playing the part of KJ and Castro the part of Prado? JK. :)

That said, I would stick with Peterson vs righties for the most part. However, I am open to platooning Castro with Peterson and deciding further later based off the play of both players.

jsebe10
09-11-2015, 09:24 PM

But not all of them take 20 min to get into the fckn box to just go 1 for their last 16

msstate7
09-11-2015, 09:28 PM
But not all of them take 20 min to get into the fckn box to just go 1 for their last 16

I would like to see some Garcia in LF. I'd like to see some Garcia at 2b too. This season is an abomination anyway, so experiment some

jsebe10
09-11-2015, 09:32 PM
That's the 2nd furthest ball I've ever seen hit in Turner Field.

Runnin
09-11-2015, 10:18 PM
At least we helped the Nats miss the playoffs.

msstate7
09-11-2015, 10:21 PM
At least we helped the Nats miss the playoffs.

This shouldn't make me so happy

goldfly
09-12-2015, 01:44 AM
14-38 since the extension

thewupk
09-12-2015, 07:43 AM

Fredi is a winner

clvclv
09-12-2015, 08:28 AM

FWIW...

Over that span, the team has scored 2 or fewer runs in 26 of those games and has been outscored 296-155.

It would take two more Shelby Millers or Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz in the rotation to make this team competitive with the lack of offense, so (like him or not) it's not completely Fredi's fault. I think the obvious statement Hart & Company have made with the extension is that bringing in another Manager wouldn't make much of a difference. There's little reason to bring in one of those "master tacticians" until you've developed enough pitching to keep you in games when you're being built on pitching and defense - there aren't many chances for Manager's decisions to have any effect on the games. In general, he is running the correct side of the platoons out there against the right Pitchers (Castro instead of Peterson, Bethancourt instead of A. J., Garcia against Matz last night for example). Beyond that, there's not much he can do - he's not got a bat in his hands, and he's not the one who still can't learn to stay out of the middle of the plate and stop grooving pitches. The players kinda have to make those adjustments themselves when they've been embarassed enough.

Much like before, I'm not saying Fredi's good (by any stretch) - just that until there are a couple more signings, development from Peterson/Wisler/Folty/etc., and some of the talent that's been acquired gets closer - changing Managers seems pretty pointless unless he actually HAS lost the clubhouse. Whispers to a reporter without names and specifics attached don't qualify as evidence - for all we know Bethancourt might've been the "source", and he's just *issed (and rightly so IMO) because he's not getting to play enough.

goldfly
09-12-2015, 11:10 AM
i more keep posting it cause we were nearly a .500 team before the extension

and it seems like the team said "**** this ****" when they realized that loser was going to be around

KB21
09-12-2015, 11:49 AM
FWIW...

Over that span, the team has scored 2 or fewer runs in 26 of those games and has been outscored 296-155.

It would take two more Shelby Millers or Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz in the rotation to make this team competitive with the lack of offense, so (like him or not) it's not completely Fredi's fault. I think the obvious statement Hart & Company have made with the extension is that bringing in another Manager wouldn't make much of a difference. There's little reason to bring in one of those "master tacticians" until you've developed enough pitching to keep you in games when you're being built on pitching and defense - there aren't many chances for Manager's decisions to have any effect on the games. In general, he is running the correct side of the platoons out there against the right Pitchers (Castro instead of Peterson, Bethancourt instead of A. J., Garcia against Matz last night for example). Beyond that, there's not much he can do - he's not got a bat in his hands, and he's not the one who still can't learn to stay out of the middle of the plate and stop grooving pitches. The players kinda have to make those adjustments themselves when they've been embarassed enough.

Much like before, I'm not saying Fredi's good (by any stretch) - just that until there are a couple more signings, development from Peterson/Wisler/Folty/etc., and some of the talent that's been acquired gets closer - changing Managers seems pretty pointless unless he actually HAS lost the clubhouse. Whispers to a reporter without names and specifics attached don't qualify as evidence - for all we know Bethancourt might've been the "source", and he's just *issed (and rightly so IMO) because he's not getting to play enough.

I agree with this point of view. I've said it before, Fredi is just like the majority of managers in baseball. The majority have very little impact on the outcomes good or bad.

AerchAngel
09-12-2015, 02:11 PM
I agree with this point of view. I've said it before, Fredi is just like the majority of managers in baseball. The majority have very little impact on the outcomes good or bad.

Hate to say this, just like line up construction, pitching and batting coaches and now the manager, why have them? So in essence, you or I or anyone else on this board can be the manager and have the same results? To be honest, I can think a few on this board would got better results than Fredi and that is saying something.

Just my opinion based on your assumption that there is nothing he can do mentality. If he is purposely wanting us to lose with his ineptness, I am firmly behind him if he is doing it. I hope he is because if not, oh my.

KB21
09-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Hate to say this, just like line up construction, pitching and batting coaches and now the manager, why have them? So in essence, you or I or anyone else on this board can be the manager and have the same results? To be honest, I can think a few on this board would got better results than Fredi and that is saying something.

Just my opinion based on your assumption that there is nothing he can do mentality. If he is purposely wanting us to lose with his ineptness, I am firmly behind him if he is doing it. I hope he is because if not, oh my.

No. It's not a case of anyone can do the job. It's a case of the simple fact that there isn't a lot of difference between major league managers. There is no secret sauce, and just because a certain manager likes to make his decisions based off a computer spread sheet doesn't make him better than those who manage from their gut. There are very few great managers who have the ability to take a group of average players and elevate their player, and there are very few bad managers who can take a good team and do nothing with it. Everyone else is the same.

In the end, it comes down to player execution. There is only so much effect a bullpen decision can have in the long run.

nsacpi
09-12-2015, 05:10 PM
There is only so much effect a bullpen decision can have in the long run.

Actually bullpen management is one area where I think good managers differentiate themselves from poor ones. Fredi's track record unfortunately includes riding Venters and Kimbrel too hard his first season, contributing to the team's collapse that season. He backed off on those two in subsequent seasons (too late for Venters) but there have been other instances that have been discussed quite a bit here where he has ridden a pitcher into the ground, rather unnecessarily I might add.

Julio3000
09-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Luis Avilan says "ow," er, "hi."

cajunrevenge
09-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Your smarter than all Phillies fans. They have spent the last 3 years complaining how their manager runs out the same ****ty players every game but they don't understand that there are no better options.